The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Thought Dave KIng spoke very well in that interview with Sky.

Has Jim White jumped ship from Sky to Level 5 PR company though?

Yeah, since about 1990. :lol:

Pish being spouted by some clown about Kings intentions for fan involvement on sport sound. He has forgotten about Kings previous claims of finacial investment.

Pish being spouted by some clown about Kings intentions for fan involvement on sport sound. He has forgotten about Kings previous claims of finacial investment.

Fan involvement so far means rabble rousing by King to get them to boycott the club to empower his takeover agenda and then having done that duping them into buying (more) shares to fund it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

King says 20million probably needed in the short to medium term?

20million what exactly? Not his money.

10 for Mike, 3 to keep the lights on and maybe 2 for paying out gardeners and execs. 5 should be enough for a while...

For a chief football correspondent, Chris McLaughlin, BBC, has rarely had anything insightful to say during the entire saga. He simply reports, verbatim, without analysis, and with a barely hidden disdain for whoever is not flavour of the month, e.g Llambias today. U would think King was some moral crusader. Look at the facts about him.

Edited by Riccarton3

Geoff Kilpatrick

For a chief football correspondent, Chris McLaughlin, BBC, has rarely had anything insightful to say during the entire saga. He simply reports, verbatim, without analysis, and with a barely hidden disdain for whoever is not flavour of the month, e.g Llambias today. U would think King was some moral crusader. Look at the facts about him.

He's not unique in that regard.

My son's a Jambo

Dave King just said on Sportsound that he wants Sevco to be 'a solid number 2.'

Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds that funny.

They are more of the runny kind.

Seriously though, what does he mean by that? I've not seen the interview. Second behind Celtic? Second in the league behind us this year?

Just speculating here but MAs henchman seems awfully confident when he says " Who is your Nomad " http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/31754772  could it be MA has put the word out to all the Nomads do not touch ? If MA Can force the delisting from AIM MA Would lose a few bob yes but to him it would be peanuts.

To the Lying King and the 3 Bears it would hit them really hard in the pocket  :skull:  is MA That ruthless ?

A nomad will be named within hours of the takeover being confirmed at the EGM

Like it or not and some clearly don't there is going to be change at 'Rangers'.

There will be a change of control, there will be a nomad appointed, there will be a repayment of the loan or at the very least a renogotiation of it.. though I think personally it will be repaid in full to create clear space between the two groups.

No doubt at that point there will be the review of operations as the books are finally opened to the incoming board...what they will find is not going to be pretty I am sure but will be dealt with.

King will of course give his spiel about the return of Rangers in a couple of years to the number 2 club in Scotland but cannot even be sure of promotion this season so take that with a pinch of salt.

He will of course promise the earth in order to get fans onside, get season tickets sold as well as attracting investment.. that is his role and should hardly come as a shock.

He will invest money into the club....along with others such as Douglas Park but I have no doubt will also seek investment in a share issue in the medium term to try and recover that investment at least in part.

Will that be enough is the real question... there is I am sure a massive job to be done even with just the infrastructure.. just look at what had to happen at our own club for example and there will be no quick fix.

However despite personal feelings of wanting them to struggle for some time to come it cannot be ignored that if they get the right appointments re manger etc and players in (even on more modest salaries) they can progress to a certain level quite quickly.

What they will not be is the club that dominated for some time football in this country.....at least for quite a while but they could become a club at the upper reaches of our game in a short period of time.

Their problem will be that the patience of the fans may not stretch that far and the demands for even greater success will lead to spending money they do not have in an attempt to do so.......Kings statements do tend to lead one to believe he will not be the budget conscious figurehead the club needs. Will he have the club controlled by his head rather than his heart ?

Edited by CJGJ

Noticed on Zombie Zombie today that any threads criticising Dave King have been deleted within seconds of them being posted.

Grandmaster Suck has decreed that King must not be abused.:)

Btw,I've said it once and I"ll say it again,Ticketus will come on the scene again.

Most No 2's that I do are solid,unless it's a Sunday morning cos Saturday night's curry will be digested by then.

Apologies for anyone eating their dinner.

Edward snowdon

Care to tell me where all this money is coming from exactly. I think after Kings ?40million SA pay off he isn't quite as loaded as people think hence Ashley's man Lambiass has asked these questions. King can spout of as much as he likes while Ashley says nothing but that's his way. Let's be clear MA will make money so the 3 bears better be prepared to pay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geoff Kilpatrick

There will be a change of control, there will be a nomad appointed, there will be a repayment of the loan or at the very least a renogotiation of it.. though I think personally it will be repaid in full to create clear space between the two groups.

No doubt at that point there will be the review of operations as the books are finally opened to the incoming board...what they will find is not going to be pretty I am sure but will be dealt with.

King will of course give his spiel about the return of Rangers in a couple of years to the number 2 club in Scotland but cannot even be sure of promotion this season so take that with a pinch of salt.

He will of course promise the earth in order to get fans onside, get season tickets sold as well as attracting investment.. that is his role and should hardly come as a shock.

He will invest money into the club....along with others such as Douglas Park but I have no doubt will also seek investment in a share issue in the medium term to try and recover that investment at least in part.

Will that be enough is the real question... there is I am sure a massive job to be done even with just the infrastructure.. just look at what had to happen at our own club for example and there will be no quick fix.

However despite personal feelings of wanting them to struggle for some time to come it cannot be ignored that if they get the right appointments re manger etc and players in (even on more modest salaries) they can progress to a certain level quite quickly.

What they will not be is the club that dominated for some time football in this country.....at least for quite a while but they could become a club at the upper reaches of our game in a short period of time.

Their problem will be that the patience of the fans may not stretch that far and the demands for even greater success will lead to spending money they do not have in an attempt to do so.......Kings statements do tend to lead one to believe he will not be the budget conscious figurehead the club needs. Will he have the club controlled by his head rather than his heart ?

Very definitive as ever. Can you tell us if King will pass FPP for this NOMAD and FPP for the SFA too?

Very definitive as ever. Can you tell us if King will pass FPP for this NOMAD and FPP for the SFA too?

I can tell you with as much accuracy as I could naming the winner of the Gold Cup at Cheltenham   :thinking2: 

The other board members will pass the tests even if King does not.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I can tell you with as much accuracy as I could naming the winner of the Gold Cup at Cheltenham :thinking2:

The other board members will pass the tests even if King does not.

I thought you had all the answers too. :(

Abbey Craig

He meant second rate as they certainly cannot claim to be that now. He certainly has set a low target.

I P Knightley

Just watched a short clip of King interviewed at the airport on BBC. He looks really unwell.

Footballfirst

Just watched a short clip of King interviewed at the airport on BBC. He looks really unwell.

The bit that got me (near the end) was the intention that the club would not be in a position to break even for several years.  Financial Fair Play anyone?

Care to tell me where all this money is coming from exactly. I think after Kings ?40million SA pay off he isn't quite as loaded as people think hence Ashley's man Lambiass has asked these questions. King can spout of as much as he likes while Ashley says nothing but that's his way. Let's be clear MA will make money so the 3 bears better be prepared to pay

I assume (maybe wrongly!) that if you can stump up 40 million (whether Rand, ?'s or $'s) at short notice due to not paying the full amount of tax due, you probably have several other 10's of millions somewhere. Yes, you are 40M down, but were probably expecting to pay that at some point anyway.

I think King is worth a fair bit, his main problem is, if he was inclined(!) getting the money out of SA and into Rangers. 

Is there a way he can get RIFC a listing on the SA stock exchange and invest that way? 

(he's probably not wanting to use his own money but may well have to, at least in the short term)

Central Belt 1874

The issue I have with this is that when rangers were winning all the time and competing in europe and "making money"........ They went bust.

Under king they wont be winning as they would need to plough in upwards of 40 million a season and I doubt thats going to happen. I have serious doubts that rangers fans will turn up to finish 2nd,3rd and the odd cup win. And thats straight from hun family members, friends and colleagues.

Central Belt 1874

The issue I have with this is that when rangers were winning all the time and competing in europe and "making money"........ They went bust.

Under king they wont be winning as they would need to plough in upwards of 40 million a season and I doubt thats going to happen. I have serious doubts that rangers fans will turn up to finish 2nd,3rd and the odd cup win. And thats straight from hun family members, friends and colleagues.

Benny Factor

The bit that got me (near the end) was the intention that the club would not be in a position to break even for several years.  Financial Fair Play anyone?

You'd think that after all that's gone on before that they'd have learned their lesson, and start to do things the right way.

That interview with King just makes me want to see them suffer all over again. All those people predicting administration might just be right.... but a year or two down the line. 

You'd think that after all that's gone on before that they'd have learned their lesson, and start to do things the right way.

That interview with King just makes me want to see them suffer all over again. All those people predicting administration might just be right.... but a year or two down the line.

"A director of football/coach structure has never really worked where it's been tried elsewhere" - yeah ok Dave

TriggersBroom

Rangers were in Europe regularly, and gradually reducing their debt. From 2008-2011 it went from ?30M to ?18M. Then Lloyds/SDM sold to Craig Whyte who fraudulently bought the club, with no intention of running Rangers as a proper business. Whyte came in to make a quick buck, launder all its income, and then put it into administration. 

So Rangers did not go bust because of the business model of remaining competitive in order to pay back their debt.. They went bust because of the criminal activity of Craig Whyte. 

i wish jj was my dad

"A director of football/coach structure has never really worked where it's been tried elsewhere" - yeah ok Dave

That's the ticket GlibandShameless.

Just get the fat imposter back from his landscaping and let him loose with the cheque book again. Jobs a good-un. 

Angus Young

the glib and shameless liar it appears will get the orcs back into ibroke he can then spend there money not his but like the pied piper i can see the orcs follow follow the shameless Liar  with lots of Gold

Rangers were in Europe regularly, and gradually reducing their debt. From 2008-2011 it went from ?30M to ?18M. Then Lloyds/SDM sold to Craig Whyte who fraudulently bought the club, with no intention of running Rangers as a proper business. Whyte came in to make a quick buck, launder all its income, and then put it into administration. 

So Rangers did not go bust because of the business model of remaining competitive in order to pay back their debt.. They went bust because of the criminal activity of Craig Whyte. 

Until as a support you learn the skill of critical thought, you'll continue to be hoodwinked by successive shady characters...

:rofl:

Central Belt 1874

Aye? Fantasist.

Angus Young

Craigy boy sold the jellyfish and the Arsenal Shares and duped Ticketus for 25  odd million pounds combined, and he took the quid from SDM at the end of this saga you have got to say Craigy Boy has got balls. And do not forget the fine Lamb and vintage wine he enjoyed during his Sting. :qqb006:

Edited by munch2

Rangers were a finacial basket case before Whyte became involved. Whyte was a shyster who just made money from the dying carcass, illegally yes.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Whyte did awfy well getting such a business for a quid. :lol: Hell mend them. Deserve everything they get.

Angus Young

Whyte did awfy well getting such a business for a quid. :drummer:  Hell mend them. Deserve everything they get.

:drummer:

Will the gazebo be out tomorrow 

Jambof3tornado

What utter tosh.

FF will have the figures but this Rangers reducing bank debt from ?30m odd isn't all its cracked up to be.

Footballfirst

Why don't you go back to 2006 when the net debt was down as low as ?5.88M off the back of CL revenue. At a time when the club knew that it had taxing issues ahead with HMRC re EBTs they chose once again to splash the cash. The net debt went up to ?31.12M as Waldo spent money despite the contingent liabilities.  It doesn't make as good reading, nor does it fit the agenda of the Rangers supporting media, when you say that the debt trebled between 2006 and the club being sold in 2011.

Without CL revenue Rangers had a ?10M black hole in their finances.  A black hole that even Craig Whyte acknowledged, but Super Salary failed to fill when the club exited the CL qualifying to Malmo in 2011.

Dave King's interview is symptomatic of the same approach being adopted over the next few years

Edited by Footballfirst

Why would Murray sell Rangers for ?1 if that was the case triggersbroom? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious rewriting of history going on in the Rangers fans minds.

my reading is that after EGM additional new Directors could be appointed straight away by King, Murray and Gilligan

does anyone know who they may be?

personally hoping they appoint a new manager tomorrow to **** up the team even more - and drop some more points before we play next.

CF11JamTart

Rangers were a finacial basket case before Whyte became involved. Whyte was a shyster who just made money from the dying carcass, illegally yes.

apologies in advance... I don't have the wherewithal to copy the link with my mobile, but if anyone wants a view from within Rangers about their financial wellbeing, the interview in the Scotsman with Hugh Adam from 2002 is worth a read.

Long-standing member of board goes public against the revered SDM, saying he's fed up watching the value of his shares decrease, and he's selling them before they are worth nothing.

Also describes Murray as an impressario, rather than a suitable business leader.

but presumably Hugh Adam has been airbrushed out of history in Govan.

apologies in advance... I don't have the wherewithal to copy the link with my mobile, but if anyone wants a view from within Rangers about their financial wellbeing, the interview in the Scotsman with Hugh Adam from 2002 is worth a read.

Long-standing member of board goes public against the revered SDM, saying he's fed up watching the value of his shares decrease, and he's selling them before they are worth nothing.

Also describes Murray as an impressario, rather than a suitable business leader.

but presumably Hugh Adam has been airbrushed out of history in Govan.

This the one

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/adam-shakes-ibrox-pillars-with-warning-of-bankruptcy-1-595808

Craig Whyte and Charles Green as board members ... that's the only thing that could make this whole situation even more Bat Shit crazy

Craig Whyte and Charles Green as board members ... that's the only thing that could make this whole situation even more Bat Shit crazy

Don't worry, I don't think it's the last we've heard of them!

Having just watched the Dave King interview in it's entirety, he said on a few occasions he wants Rangers to be a "solid number two".

They already are Dave.

i wish jj was my dad

Even more deluded than your post last night.

Having just watched the Dave King interview in it's entirety, he said on a few occasions he wants Rangers to be a "solid number two".

They already are Dave.

Very funny!

indianajones

So can we expect chaos in goven tomorrow night or will it pass calmly?

Watched an interview with king arriving at the airport. Is it just me or does he look quite ill?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic