The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

supa hot fire

I've not really been following this all too closely, what is the general feeling amongst fans about King taking control? Surely the fans must be gutted. Or are they genuinely so myopically thick, they're not suspicious over why somebody who feels the club owes him ?20mil has been so utterly desperate to get the reins again?

I may be reading into this to much but some of the things King has been saying perhaps hints towards and admin event.

Could be wrong and purely guess work from myself.

At least if he done it now he could still blame the previous regime.

Not ruled out McCoist coming back as manager.

?20million investment: King thinks 50% of that will be invested in the playing side within a year...

50% as a war chest keef must be wetting himself with excitement.

So, they owe Mike Ashley ?10 million, have loads of people to pay off, the club is making huge losses and is odds against to get out of the Championship this season, but they're going to spend half of the ?20 million investment on players? Nothing could go wrong with such a plan.

Oooft. ?10million towards a Championship assualt.

Lessons well and truly learned!!

Oooft. ?10million towards a Championship assualt.

Lessons well and truly learned!!

and if it keeps Hibs in the Championship for a third season job done

Nookie Bear

and if it keeps Hibs in the Championship for a third season job done

Actually hibs really could be the big losers here.

If this gives sevco the impetus to get promoted this year then our deluded friends could be left well and truly behind.

However I think King is bullsh*****g it and is seriously underplaying the amount needed to get their Helicopter Sundays back.

Big Slim Stylee

So, they owe Mike Ashley ?10 million, have loads of people to pay off, the club is making huge losses and is odds against to get out of the Championship this season, but they're going to spend half of the ?20 million investment on players? Nothing could go wrong with such a plan.

They're not expecting the second tranch to have been drawn.  No indication it had this morning so won't have happened.  That's 5mil to Ashley.

Central Belt 1874

Delighted with this result. Disaster waiting to happen all over again with this lot!

King still refusing to talk about money.

If this ?10m for players really exists, then what would be better than spending it on young players who have gained huge experience in the Championship and know how to beat most teams so far. I hope Queen Anne tells them where to go...

Actually hibs really could be the big losers here.

If this gives sevco the impetus to get promoted this year then our deluded friends could be left well and truly behind.

However I think King is bullsh*****g it and is seriously underplaying the amount needed to get their Helicopter Sundays back.

Sadly this was always a matter of time and so long as the Hearts win the league then I am not not worried but if I was a Hibs fan I would be feeling a bit pessimistic now.  Any money on the Rangers not being 2nd in the SPL in max 2 years? Is one allowed to say this on this thread without being labelled a rangers sympathiser? The  Celtic are not so great but won't worry for a few years yet mind you.

My impressions from the press conference were -

• John Gilligan seems like an absolute walloper
  • Paul Murray gives off a whiff of Leland Palmer from Twin Peaks
  • King seemed pretty unprepared for it all or maybe just not very bright.  They said they would need to look at the figures to assess things, yet then said they would invest 20 million, at least 50% of which in the playing squad.  They talked of Rangers being back to competing at the top of Scottish football in 1 year, then said it was difficult to get promoted this year.

Alas, I am sure that if they get a resurgence in support they will be back near the top in a few years (considering how unlikely it is they will get promoted this season given current form), but it all seemed a bit ramshackle to me.

Given the uncertainty over what is going on in the terms of Sports Direct / Ashley, the existing contracts and the clubs finances, their best bet would have been to say little other than they were pleased to be in control and try and encourage the fans to come back in droves.  I hope their statements today bite them well and truly on the backside!

OmiyaHearts

I've not really been following this all too closely, what is the general feeling amongst fans about King taking control? Surely the fans must be gutted. Or are they genuinely so myopically thick, they're not suspicious over why somebody who feels the club owes him ?20mil has been so utterly desperate to get the reins again?

From the Rangers fans I've spoken to today, they're just glad the current board are just about gone. They don't see King as a saviour or the best option but feel it's better than what they had to deal with the previously.

They're not expecting the second tranch to have been drawn.  No indication it had this morning so won't have happened.  That's 5mil to Ashley.

OK, ?5 million for Ashley, and ?5 million to keep the ship afloat, plus the penalties that they'll likely have to pay to Ashley to cancel the second tranche of the loan. It doesn't really change the arithmetic much.

Was quite funny when a reporter asked : Dave, will you be moving back to Scotland?

King: No.

Reporter: Why not?

He then gave a good excuse about the weather.

Cue: ;) " No bother Dave. Weather. Gotcha!"

If we get some decent weather around the time of the play-offs it will be fantastic....get the bbq out....a few beers and laugh our genitals off at the proceedings...regardless of how it pans out.

oh ah grantona

My impressions from the press conference were -

• John Gilligan seems like an absolute walloper
  • Paul Murray gives off a whiff of Leland Palmer from Twin Peaks
  • King seemed pretty unprepared for it all or maybe just not very bright.  They said they would need to look at the figures to assess things, yet then said they would invest 20 million, at least 50% of which in the playing squad.  They talked of Rangers being back to competing at the top of Scottish football in 1 year, then said it was difficult to get promoted this year.

Alas, I am sure that if they get a resurgence in support they will be back near the top in a few years (considering how unlikely it is they will get promoted this season given current form), but it all seemed a bit ramshackle to me.

Given the uncertainty over what is going on in the terms of Sports Direct / Ashley, the existing contracts and the clubs finances, their best bet would have been to say little other than they were pleased to be in control and try and encourage the fans to come back in droves.  I hope their statements today bite them well and truly on the backside!

He actually thinks that a full Ibrox will get these rubbish players and rubbish managers over the line this season.

He has no clue about football and is purely just a typical rangers fan we should be big so if we throw money at it then it will happen 

appears to be zero plans

Clerry Jambo

Sadly this was always a matter of time and so long as the Hearts win the league then I am not not worried but if I was a Hibs fan I would be feeling a bit pessimistic now.  Any money on the Rangers not being 2nd in the SPL in max 2 years? Is one allowed to say this on this thread without being labelled a rangers sympathiser? The  Celtic are not so great but won't worry for a few years yet mind you.

Winning the title this season for always going to be huge the way it ended up with Rangers and Hibs in there aswell - the quicker we get this wrapped up the better

The play offs are going to be a battle and a battle we're hopefully going to avoid.

You would think that if the Rangers dont get up this season they would more than likely get themselves sorted out for next season.

marshallschunkychicken

Does this mean MA will recall the loan players?

I don't think he can. I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly became 'injured', however.

With Mike Ashley's cronies shoved out the door, do you think he may "recall" the Newcastle loan players? 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Big Slim Stylee

OK, ?5 million for Ashley, and ?5 million to keep the ship afloat, plus the penalties that they'll likely have to pay to Ashley to cancel the second tranche of the loan. It doesn't really change the arithmetic much.

Overall, I suspect you'r right in that conclusion.  It's mind-boggling what is needed outside of any playing matters just to reach end of season.  As they also admitted, they have real infrastructure problems with Ibrox as well.  They won't experience any penalties for not drawing down loan.  No such possible adverse conditions were announced to AIM at the time which would be a prerequisite.  The request for due diligence to start will be withdrawn and that's the end of the matter.  It'll be interesting to see just how quickly they pay MA off.

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

Does this mean MA will recall the loan players?

Sorry, just noticed you just asked that!

Fareastjambo

Rangers just don't do humility do they? The club has been a shambles for three years now and King comes on board and within minutes is talking about challenging Celtic in two years!!! Unbelievable!! I hope it all goes t--s up for them and soon.

Rangers just don't do humility do they? The club has been a shambles for three years now and King comes on board and within minutes is talking about challenging Celtic in two years!!! Unbelievable!! I hope it all goes t--s up for them and soon.

Two years , aye ? Doncaster is desperate for helicopter Sundays but all he's gonna get is a lolocopter.

Jambo-Jimbo

I don't think he can. I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly became 'injured', however.

4 out of the 5 are already injured.

1 has played less than one half of a game whilst 3 have still to kick a ball in anger for der hun as they were injured when they signed.

reading between the lines, he is going to be handing the begging bowl around the fans AND to the USA. As well as several other rich bears.

Everything he's said has been for the consumption of the Orcs. They love this stuff, 10 million on player within a year. All so much like the trash that was pouring out of the mouths of both Whyte and Green when they took over. Look where all of that ended up. Anyway all that stuff will keep them quiet as far as the board is concerned for a wee while. Who knows the cretins may even welcome Swally back.

With Mike Ashley's cronies shoved out the door, do you think he may "recall" the Newcastle loan players?

They're not out the door, just off the board, both still contacted employees and I'd imagine employees who are probably being advised as we speak to turn up for work as normal.

They still have a gash manager

They still have gash players

They still have 99 problems and promotion aint one

Lets get out of this division and leave them to it however they should be looking at next season as a fresh start.  I dont think we are done with the popcorn quite yet.

scottish_chicP

A hun on my facebook just wrote "so happy it's all over, we're coming for you. WATP". :rofl: they really don't get it do they?

Edited by scottish_chicP

It's great news the people have their club back and they'll soon be back where they belong ... in Administration :)

Toxteth O'Grady

A hun on my facebook just wrote "so happy it's all over, we're coming for you. WATP". :rofl: they really don't get it do they?

WATP = Weedgie Assholes Talking Pish

It can only be  a matter of time before Dave King digs his fingers into his cheeks, rips the skin off his face and reveals himself as Craig Whyte 

I thought they drew down the second 5 million, if so that means they owe Ashley 7 million. They need cash quick or it'll be back to square 1. I also think there will be legal battle with Sports Direct over the contract. The person with the most money normally wins!! 

You really couldn't make this up.

Edited by harvey05

Jambof3tornado

I thought they drew down the second 5 million, if so that means they owe Ashley 8 million. They need cash quick or it'll be back to square 1. I also think there will be legal battle with Sports Direct over the contract. The person with the most money normally wins!!

You really couldn't make this up.

I'm sure it was reported that the 2nd block of funding had been drawn down.

Either way I bet any MA deals are watertight.

Cast No Shadow

Wonder how long it will be until he's revealed to be every bit as big a charlatan as the rest of them?

:rofl:

Just getting all this having been away out at meetings all day. As I said this morning, I expected very little other than the Lying King and his pals doing their victory lap of honour and the MSM lapping it up. Didn't quite think the Daily Ranger would go quite as far as the "Kings Coronation" stuff, how wonderfully cringeworthy.

However, I think the general feeling on here - and from across Scottish football - is that they simply don't do humble. Rather than the Budge/Murray/FOH response following admin of "we are so pleased to get our club back and we must make sure we never overspend and let this happen again", we get the Lying King talking about spending ?10m on players! :lol:

No wonder everyone despises that club. The fact still remains, Ashley has them by the short and curlies. King either needs to work with Ashley and reach a compromise on the contracts he has or MA will make the incumbent board's life hell. If an compromise is reached (and once they have cleared the almost ?12m of outstanding debts) then and only then can they start to build on the playing side.

Either King is being savvy in selling the dream to the Orcs so they get behind him big time, or he really is so incredibly out of touch regarding their perilous financial state. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's the former. The levels of financial support the club needs just to get through to the start of next season is eye watering. See his ?20m? That won't scratch the surface if he expects half of it to go on players!

So....

They still have a crap team...

They still have a crap Manager...

They're still losing tens of thousands a day....

They're still paying thousands a week for Sally's management team.

They're still paying thousands a week for Ashley's pals as employees....

They've still no NOMAD....

Ashley still has his retail contract in place, taking their income....

Most of their increase in attendance will be S/T holders, with the money long spent....

King & Murray do not meet Stockmarket requirements to be directors....

King has yet to get agreement he is a FPP....

Their shares are still suspended....

Ashley still holds security over the main assets....

....but a convicted tax cheat (who a judge referred to as a glib and shameless liar) is now "in charge".

King is going to magic up ?20,000,000, give a quarter to Mike Ashley, give half to a new manager, and with the remaining ?5m buy out all the onerous contracts, repair Ibrox, and service the losses till the end of the season....

Yet some think this is great news for Rangers, really..? :blink:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic