The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

We have the charter, but did Hearts vote in favour of punishments or against?

Not sure mate, but the sectarian thing is covered by law except the police appear to ignore it and take no action!

Doncaster can do little, as he has to act within the (ridiculous) SPFL rules - but the SFA as custodians and governing body of the game in this country can, and should, take action....

...I'll not be holding my breath though. :(

As the SFA are apparently unable to do anything can we not refuse to sell any tickets to the OF for games at Tynecastle.I know that at the moment they have to be given a certain amount but as grounds are licensed surely we have a say as to who can enter.

If a publican does not like your face he can refuse to allow you into his licensed premise.

IMO, if you read between the lines of Ann Budges statement after the Celtic game, the groundwork has been laid for cutting their allocation significantly for next years games. I for one would be delighted, I'm looking forward to being able to return to watch my team play football against any opposition without the distraction of vile and illegal behaviour by their support.

Jambof3tornado

Not sure mate, but the sectarian thing is covered by law except the police appear to ignore it and take no action!

Except where a single individual can be targeted. Its ignored if the numbers are larger.

Pathetic.

Rangers do have control over it and the SFA have an even bigger control. It's not difficult really - your fans are singing sectarian and racist songs stop it and if you don't stop it we'll fine you every time it happens and if it continues we will dock you points and if that continues we'll do both and ban your fans from matches. Is it really that difficult? 

That's how simple and effective it is or could be. Mess about with UEFA and they'll shut down part of your ground then all your ground and then a competition ban. UEFA act decisively and clubs know it. Compare and contrast with Scotland.

It seems to me the only way that fans can get any movement on this is to lobby their own clubs to take a ruthless approach to the behaviour of OF fans. Nothing else will work.

The ONLY way this will ever be changed is for points to be deducted. No one has the balls to stand up to the Bigot Brothers. Doncaster and his cronies keep saying it is a minority of OF fans. Rubbish it is a big loud majority. He doesn't have the balls to say it though!

The ONLY way this will ever be changed is for points to be deducted. No one has the balls to stand up to the Bigot Brothers. Doncaster and his cronies keep saying it is a minority of OF fans. Rubbish it is a big loud majority. He doesn't have the balls to say it though!

If we tell the old firm that no tickets will be sold to them because we are doing everything in our power to stop sectarianism as per Doncasters statement then surely there can be no comebacks!!!!!!

Sky Sports News reporting the James Easdale has resigned as a director. The current board jumping before being pushed?

Edited by richiehmfc

Sky Sports News reporting the James Easdale has resigned as a director. The current board jumping before being pushed?

Interesting, clearing the way to the trough for the next set of snouts.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Probably related to the shares bought by RST.

King a step closer to winning the EGM.

Ashley's response, assuming he loses the EGM, should be interesting though!

Easdale says he bowing to pressure from the fans.

He's shat it. Looks like he's jumping ship before the vote. Poor attempt to distance himself from the current regime if he has.

yip now that one of the Driscol Brothers has bailed out MA Has now lost the lying King will win i do not even think the EGM Will go ahead now.

This suggests that the EGM vote is going King's way (unless it is a clever tactic to make them drop their guard a little...).  Assuming that is the case, it's going to be a help to Rangers in the run in - a larger home support, less distraction off the field.  Still a mince first team right enough.

I thought Rangers looked improved against HIbs.  It may be that they build momentum for the rest of the season.  Not enough to trouble us, but it should make the play-offs more tasty.

Going to be interesting to see where the money comes from if Ashley wants his dosh back immediately and the coffers at Ibrox are empty. One thing is certain King will not plough in any of his own money. Could be looking at having to find ten million very quickly just to keep the show on the road till the end of the season.

This suggests that the EGM vote is going King's way (unless it is a clever tactic to make them drop their guard a little...). Assuming that is the case, it's going to be a help to Rangers in the run in - a larger home support, less distraction off the field. Still a mince first team right enough.

I thought Rangers looked improved against HIbs. It may be that they build momentum for the rest of the season. Not enough to trouble us, but it should make the play-offs more tasty.

Kings still got to take his seat on the board yet if they win. That is not a foregone conclusion and could well leave them in limbo as far as King is concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skivingatwork

Going to be interesting to see where the money comes from if Ashley wants his dosh back immediately and the coffers at Ibrox are empty. One thing is certain King will not plough in any of his own money. Could be looking at having to find ten million very quickly just to keep the show on the road till the end of the season.

?10m plus fund the shortfalls in March, April and May.

This suggests that the EGM vote is going King's way (unless it is a clever tactic to make them drop their guard a little...). Assuming that is the case, it's going to be a help to Rangers in the run in - a larger home support, less distraction off the field. Still a mince first team right enough.

I thought Rangers looked improved against HIbs. It may be that they build momentum for the rest of the season. Not enough to trouble us, but it should make the play-offs more tasty.

Or MA calls his loans, King sees what the books look like and they continue to be absolutely rodgered.

The stands may get busier but the team is still poor.

when the result of the EGM is known, If Ashley & co win, Surely the season ticket sales will drop even further. That's assuming they do a Hibs and price them for the top flight. If priced for  Championship....they will experience a drop in sales due to ashley, apathy and letting their club die.

IF King wins, there will be an upsurge,whatever pricing structure is used. This money will see them to the end of the season methinks. The re-paying of Ashley 'may' come from a share launch, The actual investment in the team?  Ouch....

will King pass the fit and proper person test ? the current Spivs are saying he wont and the Nomad will resign this could be a real mess.

Footballfirst
RNS Number : 7820F
Rangers Int. Football Club PLC
25 February 2015

?

25 February 2015

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers" the "Club" or the "Company")

Directorate Change

Rangers announces that James Easdale has resigned from the Boards of the Company and Rangers Football Club Limited with immediate effect. He leaves Rangers having never received any remuneration, bonus or compromise payment during his time at the Club. He would like to thank all the fans and shareholders who supported him and wishes the club a speedy return to the top flight of Scottish football and beyond.

Or MA calls his loans, King sees what the books look like and they continue to be absolutely rodgered.

The stands may get busier but the team is still poor.

And recalls the loan players[emoji32]

Footballfirst

I think that things may move quite quickly now with the remaining directors resigning and King and co. being appointed, before the EGM date.

Ashley will then reappoint Llambias and Leach as his two nominees as part of the Sports Direct loan arrangement.  King will then have the choice of coming up with the ?5M required to repay Ashley or accept the two on the Board.

King still has the Nomad/AIM and the SFA FPP hurdles to overcome.

25 February 2015

?

25 February 2015

Directorate Change

Rangers announces that James Easdale has resigned from the Boards of the Company and Rangers Football Club Limited with immediate effect. He leaves Rangers having never received any remuneration, bonus or compromise payment during his time at the Club. He would like to thank all the fans and shareholders who supported him and wishes the club a speedy return to the top flight of Scottish football and beyond.

What is that meant to mean? Is there something 'beyond' the top flight?

Maybe he thinks he's Buzz Lightyear?

I think that things may move quite quickly now with the remaining directors resigning and King and co. being appointed, before the EGM date.

Ashley will then reappoint Llambias and Leach as his two nominees as part of the Sports Direct loan arrangement.  King will then have the choice of coming up with the ?5M required to repay Ashley or accept the two on the Board.

King has always made it clear he will not put any of his own money into the pot, however he has the orcs on his side i suspect he will arrange another share issue to raise the money required to pay off MA And keep the boat afloat for a few more months.

Plus orcs will pile back into ibroke for games again increasing match day revenue, if he can get through to May a lot of the onerous contracts come to an end saving more cash when they get emptied.

I P Knightley

What is that meant to mean? Is there something 'beyond' the top flight?

Maybe he thinks he's Buzz Lightyear?

You're up

Diadora Van Basten

New share issue IMO King doesn't have the money himself.

Takes time to organise and there's still the wages to pay and the bills to settle. Going to be interesting.

Takes time to organise and there's still the wages to pay and the bills to settle. Going to be interesting.

And needs 75% shareholder approval............

Skivingatwork

Highly unlikely that the proceeds of a new share issue would hit the bank before the summer meaning King has to fund Ashley's loan repayment and the payroll shortfalls to the end of the season.

And recalls the loan players[emoji32]

Nah. Aren't most of them injured anyway ? And if Sevco are paying their wages so much the better. Let 'em  stay Mike !

We_are_the_Hearts

Nah. Aren't most of them injured anyway ? And if Sevco are paying their wages so much the better. Let 'em  stay Mike !

The boy Vuckic is their best player..........................

I work beside a bloke who owns shares & says there's a feeling amongst a lot of fans that MA is the way ahead, simply because he has the cash behind him & DK is looking to fleece the fans again through a share issue, whilst not risking a ZAR of his own cash...

25 February 2015

?

25 February 2015

Directorate Change

Rangers announces that James Easdale has resigned from the Boards of the Company and Rangers Football Club Limited with immediate effect. He leaves Rangers having never received any remuneration, bonus or compromise payment during his time at the Club. He would like to thank both[\b] the fans and shareholders who supported him and wishes the club a speedy return to the top flight of Scottish football and beyond.

Fixed that for them

Hagar the Horrible

I said yesterday its all gone quiet? One of the wigs has gone, and no doubt the orcs will come flooding back, King will win this round, but what next, he needs 75% for a share floatation that's where sandy can get his own back? mike has still all the onerous contracts, it going to cost a bob or two to get all of that back? will king return the Geordie 5, which only 2 have played and have so far been the only ones who look like footballers? How will the salary for March be funded? It will be interesting to see if King gets his hands on the keys, of how much will he go public with?

this story has lots of mileage in it yet? here is hoping hibs pip them to second spot and see what another year in the second tier does for them?

Will king actually use his own money? lets see what the glib and shameless liar does next, and watch how the SMSM forgets his past and present?

Hagar the Horrible

James was a director of RIFC the company that owns 100% of the football club, who represents the club at board level not the company? what is the club called again at company level? how is it structured again? only if RIFC claim to own the club, how come MASH own the badge and the merch and the pies and security over building assets? and the club owns the company still ?16m

My son's a Jambo

I thought that King's greater barrier to becoming a Director was that he was the Director of a failed company with a very similar name.

The Sevcovians might flood back for a while on a wave of media stoked euphoria, but the company would be in much worse trouble than under the patronage of Mr Ashley.  It has to be asked who is really stupid enough, even amongst sevcovians, to pour money into a King-led structure in a share issue.

There can't be many Institutional Investors willing to plough money into Rangers especially after being stung the last time and even more so once Honest Dave takes charge.

The fans will have to fund this themselves, so all those supporters groups who have just bought shares to oust the board are going to have to invest again just to stop their own shares being diluted.

Crowds will increase but will soon dwindle again once the product on the pitch doesn't improve and that ain't going to happen without major investment.

Remember the fans are expecting instant success as soon as the saviour King rides in on his white charger and waves his magic wand and when that doesn't happen well........................

TBH if King wins, the fans will come streaming back and the team will be back playing in front of 40,000 at home. With the fans behind them I fancy they would win promotion; only for the lack of finance to kick back in next season...

The key thing with James going is what Sandy does next.

Sandy with his proxies and Ashley can block future share issues.  But is Sandy about to jump ship too?  What about his proxies?  

Oh and what about the poor SFA?  Whose side are they going to go down on?  Whichever one is likely to be the wrong decision.

Walter Bishop

In the event of a King win is it possible Ashley can call in all monies owed to him? And also will Newcastle be able to recall loan players?

A win for King could see administration before the end of the season.

In the event of a King win is it possible Ashley can call in all monies owed to him? And also will Newcastle be able to recall loan players?

I would think that the instant repayment of the loans under certain circumstances would be a caveat of the loans. Going to be interesting to seeks Easdale and Ashley hang about long enough to destroy Kings plans.

I don't think they're able to recall their loan players until the loan ends because it's a cross-border loan. Hull tried that with Oxley at Hibs last year did they not?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic