The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Was Greens CVA bid not the highest?

The bigger question surely is where was King, Park, Sarvar etc then?

Did Green (and Whyte?) have it all stitched up so well with D+P that they knew there was no point in bidding?

D&P should not have sold the assets as a package, if that was the best bid.

Malinga the Swinga

Is he a Rangers fan right enough?

Come as across reasonable in the times i've heard him on the radio. Granted that's on Sportsound, (as I live in Wales and only tune in on match days when I can) and he's talking about other things, including Rangers.

His articles on the BBC site seem generally decent too when it's involved us. Though again, I can't say I pay particlular attention to his stuff.

He makes Chico look like a Saints supporter!

D&P should not have sold the assets as a package, if that was the best bid.

Maybe not, but what other bids were there? 

(other than my enquiry for Ibrox :whistling: )

Cost to rebuild?

Probably.

It is in the books on the basis of DRC ( depreciated replacement cost) . This is permitted where there is no recognisable market for a property. It is not Market Value, which will for Ibrox, and possibly Murray Park, be site value only. ( ie alternative use)

Trust me I'm an estate agent...

Footballfirst

I should have added to an earlier post that while there are bids on the table it is unlikely that a judge would sign off a request to go into administration.

However, if all the bids were withdrawn, then I would see that as a sign that either Ashley was prepared to offer further loans or that admin was imminent.

FF, I bow to your far superior knowledge on this, but if Hector came calling, would a judge have any option if it had gone as far as ending up in court? They are in this position as the major shareholding groups cannot agree on what day it is never mind agree a funding package.

Edited by Abbey Craig

Footballfirst

FF, I bow to your far superior knowledge on this, but if Hector came calling, would a judge have any option if it had gone as far as ending up in court? They are in this position as the major shareholding groups cannot agree on what day it is never mind agree a funding package.

If Hector presented an administration or winding up position, it would be up to either the club or a potential bidder to put up an argument against it. In that situation the judge is likely to give a stay of execution, say for 14 or 28 days, to sort out the situation or the petition would be granted.

If they ever end up in that position they could make a fortune by selling tickets to those discussions!

I think Ashley is waiting until the final hour before offering up a short term loan secured against Ibrox.

By waiting until the only other option is liquidation he will get the support for the security.

He will block any other offers unless they are unsecured.

Diadora Van Basten

I think Ashley is waiting until the final hour before offering up a short term loan secured against Ibrox.

By waiting until the only other option is liquidation he will get the support for the security.

I think Ashley knows that he will have to put more money in but quite rationally wants to put as little money in as possible.

Hence why they have sold McLeod and had their AGM in a gazebo.

He cannot block anything in the longer term (unless he buys more shares)....indeed when there is an EGM he will have his 'people' voted off the board and whilst he will have his contracts he will not have the shareholding power to block a change in the board for example.

I think you're right. :thumb:

He'll put in one last "emergency loan" secured against Ibrox - then just sit back with his popcorn.

He knows the 3bears can't do it alone, he knows the SFA won't let King in, he knows the fans are split between all these factions, and he won't give a damn.

Outside chance Rangers get sorted, MA gets his loans back and his shareholding rockets in value, nice earner for him and income for Sports Direct.

More likely Rangers to into administration and / or liquidation, MA gets the assets which he can lease back to the inevitable Rangers Mk3, nice earner for him, and possibly for SD.

He can't lose. :thumb:

I think there is only one thing we can be sure of and that is Ashley has the deepest pockets.

Agreed, but a lot of Rangers fans still think he's going to empty his pockets, I think he's just there to fill his pockets.

Agreed, but a lot of Rangers fans still think he's going to empty his pockets, I think he's just there to fill his pockets.

Why would a billionaire risk upsetting huns around the UK and the bad publicity that comes with it by milking ramgers for all he can get? Doesn't really need the cash now does he?

Why would a billionaire risk upsetting huns around the UK and the bad publicity that comes with it by milking ramgers for all he can get? Doesn't really need the cash now does he?

The same reason he's done it at Newcastle. He's owed over ?100m in soft loans by NUFC and SD have made fortunes on the back of all the publicity (mostly negative)! He WILL make a profit on his investment at Newcastle for sure. He's already milking RFC dry and will continue to do so.

Some folk still don't get it... Mike Ashley is not a football man. Mike Ashley does what's best for Mike Ashley and Sports Direct. Period.

The same reason he's done it at Newcastle. He's owed over ?100m in soft loans by NUFC and SD have made fortunes on the back of all the publicity (mostly negative)! He WILL make a profit on his investment at Newcastle for sure. He's already milking RFC dry and will continue to do so.

Some folk still don't get it... Mike Ashley is not a football man. Mike Ashley does what's best for Mike Ashley and Sports Direct. Period.

This.

We deal with Sports Direct on a business level and they are a very tough customer, to the point of being ridiculous at times...his people are out for themselves and no-one else, he has no issues upsetting anyone for a few quid

Footballfirst

What happens if the SFA order MA to cut all funding ties with Sevco?

He is due to face a tribunal on 27 January. However there is nothing the SFA can do about him providing loans.

Fxxx the SPFL

Off the radar Jackson doing his best to ramp up the heat on the board.

4a49898457d3626ef86813b9769cdea9.jpg

How could he block the sale when he had no ownership or say in what Rangers do. Usual shan reporting from KJ. I heard the interview with White on SKY sports and was basically a lot of pish, just white clutching at straws trying to persuade Sarver to buy in.

Off the radar Jackson doing his best to ramp up the heat on the board.

4a49898457d3626ef86813b9769cdea9.jpg

How could he block the sale when he had no ownership or say in what Rangers do. Usual shan reporting from KJ. I heard the interview with White on SKY sports and was basically a lot of pish, just white clutching at straws trying to persuade Sarver to buy in.

The 53-year-old, who had two offers for Rangers turned down, says his first bid included the condition that no players were to be sold, but the day after he submitted it, Lewis Macleod switched to Brentford for ?1m. (Various)

Gaun yerself Bill......

McMurdo writes : "Mike Ashley may have the funds but he is hemmed in by pointless SFA red tape ? a situation which rather conveniently suits the Kingco faction. Kingco themselves haven?t the financial muscle of either Ashley or Sarver and their plans are thought to hinge on a share issue after a boardroom coup and loan."

"A boardroom coup and loan followed by a share issue to the fans. Those gullible fans who believe in these 'Rangers' men. Well I apologise to the board for being so naive. I actually believe that Taylor, Park and Letham were their own men, backed by three other wealthy men, who wanted to act in the best interests of the club. However TPL are just a front for a naked power grab by the glib and shameless liar. I can but hope that Ashley takes his gloves off and crushes these financial pygnies at a later date once they take over the club, as they surely will."

Quick change the rules they don't suit SEVCO

We_are_the_Hearts

Gaun yerself Bill......

McMurdo writes : "Mike Ashley may have the funds but he is hemmed in by pointless SFA red tape ? a situation which rather conveniently suits the Kingco faction. Kingco themselves haven?t the financial muscle of either Ashley or Sarver and their plans are thought to hinge on a share issue after a boardroom coup and loan."

"A boardroom coup and loan followed by a share issue to the fans. Those gullible fans who believe in these 'Rangers' men. Well I apologise to the board for being so naive. I actually believe that Taylor, Park and Letham were their own men, backed by three other wealthy men, who wanted to act in the best interests of the club. However TPL are just a front for a naked power grab by the glib and shameless liar. I can but hope that Ashley takes his gloves off and crushes these financial pygnies at a later date once they take over the club, as they surely will."

Haha, can feel the pain in that...............BRILLIANT................he seems like a bigger roaster than his old boy and that takes some going.....................

Gaun yerself Bill......

This guy just doesn't get it, does he?

Pointless SFA red tape? I presume he's talking about SFA/UEFA and possibly even FIFA rules and regulations about dual ownership is he not?

Francis Albert

This guy just doesn't get it, does he?

Pointless SFA red tape? I presume he's talking about SFA/UEFA and possibly even FIFA rules and regulations about dual ownership is he not?

To be fair the idea that rules and regulations apply to Rangers (or Celtic) is a novel one, and as yet (certainly as far as the SFA and SPFL go) an unproven one.

He won't care one bit about upsetting Huns, any more than he cares about upsetting Newcastle fans (something he's done regularly) as that's not any sort of "risk" to him, or his business. As for bad publicity, again, he got plenty of that over his actions at Newcastle, and didn't care, so any he might get over Rangers, I'd say is a complete irrelevance as far as he'll be concerned.

Does he need more cash..? No he doesn't. But he shows no sign of retiring, so it looks like he certainly wants more cash, and a fair chunk of that's going to be coming from Rangers and their supporters in the near future.

As I said, I've no doubt at all that he won't be emptying his pockets in Govan, he'll be filling them.

Edited by The Gasman

To be fair the idea that rules and regulations apply to Rangers (or Celtic) is a novel one, and as yet (certainly as far as the SFA and SPFL go) an unproven one.

:D

Doubt Ashley is worried about upsetting anybody. Surely he would steer clear if Rangers if that was the case as he is potentially alienating a lot of Celtic fans and a fair few Aberdeen/Dundee United fans for example.

Prince Buaben

Doubt Ashley is worried about upsetting anybody. Surely he would steer clear if Rangers if that was the case as he is potentially alienating a lot of Celtic fans and a fair few Aberdeen/Dundee United fans for example.

The way he is helping bringing Rangers to thier knees more than likely encouraging them to support SD than aileniating them :ninja:

Hagar the Horrible

Merlin really is a moron this red tape is there to protect clubs from dual interest which will lead to corruption, and no one club is bigger than the game, IF MA want Rangers so bad, then sell up Newcastle even for pennies, otherwise bail out of Sevco and take your contracts with you

Footballfirst

Those shares were bought on Friday.  They have since bought another 25,000. 

They now seem to be getting some momentum behind their membership drive for their scheme (similar to FOH, but buying shares directly) which is now up to 2,800.  They must have recruited 500 or so in the last week.

Their share purchase scheme also has it drawbacks as it keeps the share price artificially high as they are keeping demand higher than it might otherwise be.

They now seem to be getting some momentum behind their membership drive for their scheme (similar to FOH, but buying shares directly) which is now up to 2,800.  They must have recruited 500 or so in the last week.

The number of people willing to commit to this will be interesting. My personal view is that the majority of Rangers fandans love to talk about their club but shirk when it comes to actually supporting it with their cash. I think they'll get a good number of people signing up and probably be on a par with FoH numbers. They'll have supporters but many more expecting the club to be bailed out by a billionaire. 

There could be carnage if they go into admin. When I bought my shares in HMFC I bought them with the view I was helping my team out and I would probably never see money or shares ever again.

This is real money they are investing buying inflated shares with no money going to the club. This on a whim that someone is going to come in and make everything ok

Wonder if they would like to buy some Magic Beans?

There could be carnage if they go into admin. When I bought my shares in HMFC I bought them with the view I was helping my team out and I would probably never see money or shares ever again.

This is real money they are investing buying inflated shares with no money going to the club. This on a whim that someone is going to come in and make everything ok

Wonder if they would like to buy some Magic Beans?

Surely they're not in it expecting a return either though, they're just wanting to have some shares in case it means they can have some say in the way the club is run. And even if they did go into administration, their shareholding doesn't just disappear

Geoff Kilpatrick

Talking of money, who wrote that pish about ?6.5m and off - balance sheet stuff ?

Oh yes, Keef and Oirish Phil.

Surely they're not in it expecting a return either though, they're just wanting to have some shares in case it means they can have some say in the way the club is run. And even if they did go into administration, their shareholding doesn't just disappear

Ours were gone it was only because Ann Budge honoured them that we got share certificates.

A few Murray group liquidations advertised in today's Metro.

7f12d4b018d6b569beafad3f18adc808.jpg

I saw that too - and thought surely that was worthy of a bigger story??

Ours were gone it was only because Ann Budge honoured them that we got share certificates.

Completely different reason. Ours were 'gone' as they hadn't been registered.

Edit - probably didn't explain that very well. The shareholding that the Rangers fans bought is properly registered already and so an admin event won't make them disappear

Edited by Allez Rossoneri

The only ones that were potentially gone were the ones that weren't issued from teh previous year. All original shares were retained.

The only ones that were potentially gone were the ones that weren't issued from teh previous year. All original shares were retained.

But are they not worthless as everyone above including creditors etc. get their cut and the shareholders are bottom of the pile?

Footballfirst

I saw that too - and thought surely that was worthy of a bigger story??

Notices also posted in The Gazette

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/insolvency/notice?sort-by=latest-date&text=Murray&categorycode=G205010000+G206030000&location-distance-1=1&numberOfLocationSearches=1&results-page-size=10

I wonder if the liquidations will affect the defence at the HMRC appeal against the UTTT decision

Edited by Footballfirst

As the money Der Hun are spending is on existing shares, it all goes to the shareholder who's selling them, it's doing nothing to help the Clubs current financial plight.

Hearts last share offer was new shares, so the money that we put in to buy them did actually go into the Club, and helped keep it afloat for a bit longer. Despite what some claimed, it was a legal and legitimate share deal.

If Rangers go into administration, these fans might feel their money could've been better spent than lining the pockets of existing shareholders - but given the amounts involved, it was never going to be a game changer, and they'll still have their shares - just as we did ours.

If Rangers go into Liquidation, then the shares cease to have any value or meaning, and the money the fans spent is in A.N.Other's pocket. It's a brave man who would back against Liquidation, so I'd guess many of them are not looking for or expecting too much - same as most of us weren't.

givememychoice

Notices also posted in The Gazette

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/insolvency/notice?sort-by=latest-date&text=Murray&categorycode=G205010000+G206030000&location-distance-1=1&numberOfLocationSearches=1&results-page-size=10

I wonder if the liquidations will affect the defence at the HMRC appeal against the UTTT decision

Who issued the EBT "loans"?

Was it rangers or was it a 3rd party? (i thought it had to be a third party)

If it was a 3rd party, was it one of the ones being wound up?

Footballfirst

Who issued the EBT "loans"?

Was it rangers or was it a 3rd party? (i thought it had to be a third party)

If it was a 3rd party, was it one of the ones being wound up?

The Trust that provides the loans is an independent party so is unaffected by the Murray Group liquidations

Edited by Footballfirst

The number of people willing to commit to this will be interesting. My personal view is that the majority of Rangers fandans love to talk about their club but shirk when it comes to actually supporting it with their cash. I think they'll get a good number of people signing up and probably be on a par with FoH numbers. They'll have supporters but many more expecting the club to be bailed out by a billionaire. 

This describes my sevco supporting mates exactly, they look at me as if i'm crazy for putting money into the FoH, i just look back at them like this :verysmug:

givememychoice

The Trust that provides the loans is an independent party so is unaffected by the Murray Group liquidations

What is this trust? Any details? We demand to know (or something similar)

As the money Der Hun are spending is on existing shares, it all goes to the shareholder who's selling them, it's doing nothing to help the Clubs current financial plight.

There are many who still can't get their head round that one, as they are buying shares thinking they are putting money into the club, when in fact the club see's not a penny.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic