The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

The news has had no real dramatic affect on the share price.

Late on a Friday afternoon, nothing much happening, lets see what it's like during next week.

A warrant apparently now issued by the Crown Office for the arrest of Craig Whyte according to the BBC.

:jjyay:

presuming this doesnt scupper whatever it is ashley is trying to do, he can play all this to his advantage by presenting himself as the saviour in turbulent times.

still, popcorn time for us watching the shady conmen who flogged a dead football club get their comeuppance. Hopefully Whyte shits it and starts talking.

Edited by 2NaFish

presuming this doesnt scupper whatever it is ashley is trying to do, he can play all this to his advantage by presenting himself as the saviour in turbulent times.

still, popcorn time for us watching the shady conmen who flogged a dead football club get their comeuppance. Hopefully Whyte shits it and starts talking.

Wonder what will happen if the trail of people being art and part of all of this leads to Chuck and then onwards to other associates of his.

Can anyone predict the "End-Game" in this saga? More twists and turns than a game of snakes and ladders, but no doubt more revelations yet.

Glad that the old bill have finally got involved but can only assume someone felt it necessary for them to do so in the first place?

Is this the defining moment?

...a bit disco

What happened to the bloke who was arrested a week or so ago for leaking information out of Ibrox?

Greens purchase with the help of D and F could be evolved in this. If so then that might have a knock on effect. Or have I got that wrong?

Or gets the tape recorder out, now that would make interesting listening.

BBC saying the arrests are for the crime of 'utterance'. Signing legal documents while pretending you are someone you are not.

Toxteth O'Grady

Greens purchase with the help of D and F could be evolved in this. If so then that might have a knock on effect. Or have I got that wrong?

Yes I think you meant involved.

Diadora Van Basten

It doesn't sound to me that these arrests will have any affect on Rangers whatsoever.

During the whole saga nothing has stuck to Rangers mainly because the authorities are worried about the Rangers fans reactions.

Meanwhile anyone involved in this saga but no longer involved with Rangers seems to be fair game for the authorities.

Rudolf's Mate

Think we need ChickP (or whatever he's called) to come along and confirm what the ramifications of this is.

I'd have thought that if found guilty of wrong doing with creditors being stiffed, that it could affect newco.

Think we need ChickP (or whatever he's called) to come along and confirm what the ramifications of this is.

I'd have thought that if found guilty of wrong doing with creditors being stiffed, that it could affect newco.

ChickP = she

:)

I believe he's called Paula.

If Green is connected to this investigation & can't prove "deed of Novation" then it'll get interesting with sevco & the Sfa.

Imagine they collar whyte & he cuts a deal to spill the beans on Green & D&P etc. there's no telling where this investigation will lead & a lot of people will be very worried tonight at what might surface under questioning.

Or what's on tape. Remember Whyte recorded a lot of meetings, now I wonder why that was? Perhaps incase this day came around.

Rudolf's Mate

ChickP = she

:)

I believe he's called Paula.

:vrface: You'd have thought it would have been obvious :lol:

ChickP you have my sincerest apologies :)

And to think out Scottish Court Service told us there was nothing to see here during the whole process.

Sorry to disappoint you, the Scottish Court Service does not (as a body) pronounce on matters. It is either counsel for the prosecution ( crown or procurator fiscals office) the defence or the sitting Judge or Sheriff dependent on which court is sitting. The SCS merely provide the physical locations, staff & facilities (eg officials & juries) to enable roceedings to be carried out.

Skivingatwork

Waiting on the Keith Jackson exclusive citing impending doom and nuclear winters brought about by the SFO daring to open the Sevco Pandora's box.

The end is nigh I tells ya! Board up your windows, stock up on provisions, the Sevco zombies will be on the warpath with pitchforks alit.

Won't someone please just give super salary his ?30m warchest that we might get back to helicopter Sundays that everyone in Scotland knows and loves!

sadly she's moved on so i'm not sure she'll be able to tell us anything more than we already know.

would love to have been a fly on a few different walls this morning though i tell ya!

Footballfirst

Here is a link to a letter from Rangers then auditors Grant Thornton from Feb 2012, which expressed, amongst other things, concerns about the Ticketus deal used to purchase the club from SDM. It also references "Financial Assistance" which is an illegal means of purchasing a PLC. (i.e. using its own money). Grier is named in the letter while Clark and Whitehouse are copied on it.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/246607970/2012-02-15-Grant-Thornton-Auditors-Letter

Rudolf's Mate

sadly she's moved on so i'm not sure she'll be able to tell us anything more than we already know.

would love to have been a fly on a few different walls this morning though i tell ya!

Was thinking more along the lines of the process and what's likely to happen Bev. Surely for such cases there has to be guidelines/regulations that must be followed.

Though P would be ideally placed to state what that might be.

Footballfirst

Roddy Forsyth's article in the telegraph has an interesting footnote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11231964/Former-Rangers-owner-Craig-Whyte-set-to-face-arrest-warrant-as-four-others-are-detained-by-police.html

In a further development, the Telegraph understands that while Wallace and Nash were still in their posts, documents related to the 2012 share issue were passed to the Serious Fraud Office for investigation. The SFO had no comment to make last night.

=====================

It leads to a question of what was wrong with the information supplied in the IPO prospectus?

Barney Rubble

Wonder if the imfamous five way agreement has a fuse when opened destroys all the wording ??This day was always coming but we're still nowhere near the end !

Edited by Petrocelli

Geoff Kilpatrick

Someone is going to turn grass in all of this.

Wonder if Charlotte Fakes will reappear on Twitter?

Someone is going to turn grass in all of this.

Wonder if Charlotte Fakes will reappear on Twitter?

Not if 'she' is under arrest.

Alison Robbie ?@AlisonRobbie 21s21 seconds ago

4 men detained in connection with acquisition of #Rangers in 2011 have now been arrested & are in police custody.

James Cook ?@BBCJamesCook 10s11 seconds ago

Police say four men, aged 50, 53, 50, & 49 have been arrested over alleged involvement in a fraudulent scheme to acquire Rangers FC.

Edited by Arnold

Dream scenario - the purchase of all the assets of the liquidated club for 5.5 million is seen to be fraudulent, is overturned, the new club wound up and all the assets sold to pay off creditors.

Would fecking love it.

Also Duncaster and co implicated and complicit so there is a shake up of the governing bods.

Was thinking more along the lines of the process and what's likely to happen Bev. Surely for such cases there has to be guidelines/regulations that must be followed.

Though P would be ideally placed to state what that might be.

ah gotcha

Whyte is sunning himself LA apparently. Extradition from the USA is never easy.

If he had American citizenship there may have been a problem, but I doubt he has dual citizenship(I stand to be corrected though) therefore extradition won't come into it.

Existing club will go bust. Ownership of assets will be in limbo for years, we will see another Third Lanark. There won't even be a The Rangers v3.

:pleasing:

Alison Robbie ?@AlisonRobbie 21s21 seconds ago

4 men detained in connection with acquisition of #Rangers in 2011 have now been arrested & are in police custody.

James Cook ?@BBCJamesCook 10s11 seconds ago

Police say four men, aged 50, 53, 50, & 49 have been arrested over alleged involvement in a fraudulent scheme to acquire Rangers FC.

Fingers crossed someone can implicate SDM in the fraud or have some form of evidence that will shame him.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fingers crossed someone can implicate SDM in the fraud or have some form of evidence that will shame him.

I also hope Lloyds Bank are implicated. Wasn't it Donald Muir who brought Grier in?

Existing club will go bust. Ownership of assets will be in limbo for years, we will see another Third Lanark. There won't even be a The Rangers v3.

:pleasing:

God, Scotland would be a beautiful place if that happened,would it not?

Mind you, what would all the huns do without an outlet for all their intolerance and prejudice?!

I hope the two year old club called sevco go bust.

But why do I think the SFA will protect them, so their horrible new fans dont kick off.

Scottish football is corrupt, and I imagine we will all find out soon enough again why. ;0(

Just seen McCoist get asked about the arrests, "I'm shocked " aye right ally!

Aye, shocked they all got away with it for so long.

Footballfirst

I also hope Lloyds Bank are implicated. Wasn't it Donald Muir who brought Grier in?

David Grier formerly worked with the Bank of Scotland, then went on to work as "Head of Client Relations" at RBS.

I don't know if Grier had dealings with Murray while he was at BOS, but he was certainly involved in negotiation with him along with Craig Whyte.

Donald Muir's role was to look after the Bank's interest. Given that they got their money back in full from RFC, he was successful in that task.

Geoff Kilpatrick

David Grier formerly worked with the Bank of Scotland, then went on to work as "Head of Client Relations" at RBS.

I don't know if Grier had dealings with Murray while he was at BOS, but he was certainly involved in negotiation with him along with Craig Whyte.

Donald Muir's role was to look after the Bank's interest. Given that they got their money back in full from RFC, he was successful in that task.

Fair enough. I'm sure the journo Ian Fraser will be taking an interest in any case.

Murray will be ensuring he has plausible deniability in any case.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic