The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Rudolf's Mate

A lot of cost cutting to be done before that can be achieved.

Anyone with half a brain can see that needs to be done which speaks volumes about those in charge over there.

Problem now is they've high earners on contracts and in order to get rid it'll cost them.

Cardiac Rucksack

Have we to take it the SFA have given Ashley the green light on owning both clubs?

Walter Bishop

So the two million gets them to xmas, what happens after that? And how does Mike Ashley get his "loan" back?

"He" won't be permitted to 'own' Newco. So until he dumps Newcastle, he won't want to do that. Eventually he May want to own 'Rangers'.

Anyone with half a brain can see that needs to be done which speaks volumes about those in charge over there.

Problem now is they've high earners on contracts and in order to get rid it'll cost them.

That's were things might just get interesting. What does The "Ashley Group" do to get rid of the high earners? I still wonder if a quick pre pack Administration event is on the horizon and if they are quite prepared to take the points hit this season to achieve some degree of financial stability that will continue to allow the Spivs to milk the club.

That's were things might just get interesting. What does The "Ashley Group" do to get rid of the high earners? I still wonder if a quick pre pack Administration event is on the horizon and if they are quite prepared to take the points hit this season to achieve some degree of financial stability that will continue to allow the Spivs to milk the club.

firm i worked for took on a lot of under achievers at high/contracts manager level and couldn't get rid, I was told by a named director that one of the factors into going into voluntery liquidation was to get rid of them as it's hard to sack people these days, just a thought,.

ps: I wasn't one of them, if you imagine the ladder of promotion, I was 1 bellow the bottom rung. :tiny:

So the two million gets them to xmas, what happens after that? And how does Mike Ashley get his "loan" back?

Ground Hog Day after Christmas. What are the details of the loan, does it have the stadium or car park against default which has been suggested here.

Ground Hog Day after Christmas. What are the details of the loan, does it have the stadium or car park against default which has been suggested here.

It will undoubtedly be secured against at least one of their fixed assets.

Presumably it will be repaid from the proceeds of the share issue.

Newcastle have achieved nothing, however, and are just plodding along. Rangers fans won't stand for that. They believe they have the right to win trophies, and challenge Celtic.

You could make a case that the ??????? put in to a club on the playing side to make them successful is a lot less in Scotland than it is in England.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Presumably it will be repaid from the proceeds of the share issue.

Who's going to buy these shares though? Orcs? Spivs?

If Ashley underwrites it, it is almost inevitable he will surpass the 10% threshold that the SFA have requested. Not that that matters of course given how horrendous they have been throughout the saga.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Does the average orc see this as a positive development?

They will be :seething:

Until Jack Irvine leaks a story about WAR CHEZTZ and then everything will be fine.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

The Future's Maroon

keith jackson ?@tedermeatballs 6m6 minutes ago

BREAKING: Ashley's ?2m loan deal approved by RFC board over ?3m offer from Kennedy. Easdale, Ashley and Laxey drove it through.

Sky Sports News said about half an hour ago - NOTHING has been agreed....and how can it when the CEO (Wallace) has fecked off to Greece on holiday (at at time like this...brilliant).

I'm sure Ally McCoist will be comfortable in the knowledge his salary will be renumeriated in full come next due pay roll.

:wonga:

"He" won't be permitted to 'own' Newco. So until he dumps Newcastle, he won't want to do that. Eventually he May want to own 'Rangers'.

The only part of rangers that makes any money is the retail side of things and he has that all sown up.

He couldn't really give a monkeys about the football side other than keeping it ticking over

As it stands no one on here has a clue about Ashley's intentions. I think there is a lot of wishful thinking going on that he will just let them roll along as is and he won't be a help to them. Hopefully that is the case but I can't see him getting involved without having the intention of getting them back challenging Celtic.

ONLY ?2m loan then a share issue underwritten by Ashley ( BBC Radio Scotland )

This is like Sevco are stuck in some weird time-loop. Loan>Share Deal and repeat. Neither is going to save them - it's all just a variety of spivs trying to have just enough of the pie to end up in pole position when the inevitable admin event occurs.

Taking away these loans and share purchases - has anyone actually put more than a quid of real money into this shambles of a club? I think I remember one mug pumping a cool ?1 million in to get a non-voting board seat back in Murray's tenure - bet he felt like a kipper when he realised Murray put zero of his one cash in to buy the club in the first place.

The Future's Maroon

As it stands no one on here has a clue about Ashley's intentions. I think there is a lot of wishful thinking going on that he will just let them roll along as is and he won't be a help to them. Hopefully that is the case but I can't see him getting involved without having the intention of getting them back challenging Celtic.

I dont, sorry. I think he is in it to make money and dowsn't give two hoots about the football side (at Rangers anyway) - he won't want to get involved in the Rangers/Celtic rubbish, and how far behind Celtic are they now anyway....geez in a way I would say they are behind us? Closer to being Hibs level than Celtic's level.

Geoff Kilpatrick

His refusal to participate in the previous share issue spoke volumes about his intentions.

Ashley loans ?2m just in time for Santa's delivery of Sports Direct The Rangers Guff bought by duped Orcs. Big profits to absorb the debt of ?2m and either way MA can't lose.

WorldChampions1902

My word..........this is all simmering along nicely. I need to place another bulk order of popcorn to see me through these dark winter nights.

What next I wonder?

I'm sure Ally McCoist will be comfortable in the knowledge his salary will be renumeriated in full come next due pay roll.

:wonga:

"renumeriated" ... whoaaa ! That's a new one !

Charlie-Brown

So that's approx 5 million quid they have needed in the last few months just to keep the lights on until Xmas / the next month's financial black hole. Beyond this how much do they need to see out this season another 6-10 million?

So that's approx 5 million quid they have needed in the last few months just to keep the lights on until Xmas / the next month's financial black hole. Beyond this how much do they need to see out this season another 6-10 million?

Or next year?

If they go up The Rangers will "need" to compete with Celtic. Another ?30/40m for McCoist to squander on elderly mercenaries. :laugh:

How does all this help with Deloittes signing off of the accounts?

All the Newcastle supporters that I know absolutely detest MA and can't wait for him to feck off. They are all praying that he is ditching Newcastle and plumping for Sevco.

Surely providing emergency 'loans' and holding rights to a clubs crest, image rights and stadium name falls into the same bracket of exerting undue influence over two clubs that Neil Rankin was accused with at Livingston:

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/livingston/294837-neil-rankine-his-dealings-with-dumbarton-east-fife-and-livingston/

I dont, sorry. I think he is in it to make money and dowsn't give two hoots about the football side (at Rangers anyway) - he won't want to get involved in the Rangers/Celtic rubbish, and how far behind Celtic are they now anyway....geez in a way I would say they are behind us? Closer to being Hibs level than Celtic's level.

Maybe your right but how much money can he make on the back of a struggling rangers. Surely there is more money to be made if they are run successfully and are up challenging for the premiership. It's all a bit over my head but I can't see Ashley getting involved and then allowing them to wallow about in the championship to long.

Ashley is going to do them dry.

:pleasing:

Dropping down to their level (Green & Orange) does anyone know which foot MA kicks with?

If it happens to be a left the the Orcs will be go apoplectic, which would be nice.

Edited by 7628mm

fraz the postie

I would really like to see Ashley give super ally a ten year contract like he did Pardew,yet another brilliant footballing/ buisness idea.

PA understands that Graham Wallace has not resigned and has no plans to do so.

Brian Kennedy tells PA: "We put an offer in but it was not accepted so we graciously walk away and hope it all works out for Rangers."

Edited by ritchies75

I P Knightley

Roddy Forsyth's take on things in the Telegraph also includes a snippet of the Accounts being ready to go to Deloittes and showing an operating loss for the year of just under ?9M down from ?14.4M. That may sound like a good improvement, but the operating loss for the first half of the year was ?3.6M, meaning the loss for the second half of the year was over ?5M (approx ?850k a month). Who knows what they have spent in first 4 months of the current period.

http://www.telegraph...loan-offer.html

I wouldn't read a lot into the figures in the financial accounts for an organisation like Rangers with the state it is in.

All that matters is cash flow and the earning potential generated by any funds raised.

Neither of these appears healthy but there's no scrutiny really available.

kingantti1874

Ashley is going to do them dry.

:pleasing:

He won't imo, he will do a bit of a Fergus McCann with them.. Invest a little - harvest the profits from the brand and from Europe.. He won't need to invest a lot, a few million to put them back at the top in Scotland and into European competiton, very simply It's in his interest to see them do relatively well and given the money at his disposal he can do that at minimal cost.

Fun while it lasted..

PA understands that Graham Wallace has not resigned and has no plans to do so.

Brian Kennedy tells PA: "We put an offer in but it was not accepted so we graciously walk away and hope it all works out for Rangers."

They don't do that remember...

10647188_381438818680216_3673958266073703759_n.jpg?oh=b594d5d685594fc22b2c8849c36b47a2&oe=54B85E2B

He won't imo, he will do a bit of a Fergus McCann with them.. Invest a little - harvest the profits from the brand and from Europe.. He won't need to invest a lot, a few million to put them back at the top in Scotland and into European competiton, very simply It's in his interest to see them do relatively well and given the money at his disposal he can do that at minimal cost.

Fun while it lasted..

Agree with that.

Dropping down to their level (Green & Orange) does anyone know which foot MA kicks with?

If it happens to be a left the the Orcs will be go apoplectic, which would be nice.

Pathetic post.

I P Knightley

He's in confession right now asking the priest for forgiveness for the sins he's about to commit. The priest is pissing himself with laughter and giving Ashley a token Hail Mary.

Guess The Crowd

BBC - Rangers were 48hrs from administration, administrators had been contacted

This would tie in with a post on here yesterday, about it being a hectic day at said poster's work?

This would tie in with a post on here yesterday, about it being a hectic day at said poster's work?

It would.

Richard Wilson ?@RichwilBBC 7m7 minutes ago

Can also confirm news that Brian Kennedy has made a loan offer to the Rangers board, to finance club to the AGM. It is being considered

A short term loan then.

At what point to these 'emergency loans' start to get the insolvency event treatment? Is it wishful thinking that the SPFL will start to flex their muscles?

The Future's Maroon

Is it wishful thinking that the SPFL will start to flex their muscles?

In a word, yes.

Invest a little - harvest the profits from the brand and from Europe.. He won't need to invest a lot, a few million to put them back at the top in Scotland and into European competiton, very simply It's in his interest to see them do relatively well and given the money at his disposal he can do that at minimal cost.

Fun while it lasted..

If only it were that simple. Current cashflow problems and onerous contracts suggest it'll take a lot more than a few million to even get them in the SPFL.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If Ashley gets full control of Rangers then they've got much better times ahead. He might be a dick but he won't let them mess around like they are atm. He'll want the Champions League.

So i agree for Ashley giving the loan is better than the share dilution but surely they cannot go on forever with the 'sticking plaster' mentality? For the money men is it as simple as limping along until they get back to the top league where a bit more cash can be made?

If so then the main thing they need to happen (promotion) is a massive gamble. And also, as we say on almost every page of this thread, one of the biggest things that's killing them is the monthly outgoings and wages. So they need a real white knight or either a insolvency event or a serious bout of austerity.

Neither of those scenarios are likely to happen so this just becomes a cyclical problem.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic