The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

When do the SFA get involved with all these "emergency loans" .

They would be warning and all over any other club. #shambles

If Ashley does get his loan agreed, what's the odds that one of the conditions is the removal of Fat Sally? McCoist has been vocal in his backing of King and surely Ashley can see he's a chump. The bottom line is that Ashley will make money on his loan BUT he will also want Rangers promoted so that he can rake in the cash from merchandising and stadium rights. A decent manager would mean less outlay on players.

If Ashley gets his loan agreed he will do so with the stadium in his ownership/security.

He will then want the spivs to spunk all the money and send the club to the wall so he can use his shiny new stadium, and his badge and naming rights on a third rangers that Mike owns outright.

He won't want to share the spoils with the existing shareholders.

Are you just replying to your own quotes in some bizarre attempt to trawl :rofl:

He only used to appear on this thread, saying that it should be shutdown, now he's talking to himself.

:rofl:

He only used to appear on this thread, saying that it should be shutdown, now he's talking to himself.

:rofl:

Utterly bizarre behaviour :lol:

Next he'll be waffling on in 3rd person like Billy Davis :lol:

Its lovely watching rangers getting ragdolled again , its almost become an annual event!

Like an empty tracksuit! Marvelous stuff

AllyjamboDerbyshire

'scott_jambo, on 09 October 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

Mike Ashley has saved rangers. Of that there can be no mistake.' Isn't that a bit like a Hibs supporter telling us they've already beaten us on Sunday, even though the event is still some time away - just because they feel the need to believe it? In the same way that Hibs might beat us, Ashley might save TRFC, but neither event has come to pass yet. By the way, it's much too late for even a man as rich as Ashley to save Rangers. TRFC, on the other hand, still desperately need saving.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm sure the players are relaxed. Ignore everything and watch the omnibus edition of Coronation Street...

The Future's Maroon

I'm hearing rumours there has been a 'mob'/gathering protesting outside Sandy Easdales house earlier this evening, and have spray painted "Get out! Get out!" on the property.

Footballfirst

@tedermeatballs: Another incredible day at Ibrox. I understand things are becoming very, very nasty.

and

keith jackson ?@tedermeatballs 4m4 minutes ago

I believe Mike Ashley has been threatening all sorts action if his package is not rubber-stamped.

And amid all of this chaos, where exactly was Graham Wallace? You would not believe it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Jackson still making guff up and pretending there's a massive bit of news on the way in order to sell papers to deranged Rangers fans? Cool.

...a bit disco

and

I believe Mike Ashley has been threatening all sorts action if his package is not rubber-stamped.

And amid all of this chaos, where exactly was Graham Wallace? You would not believe it.

Keith Jackson-'I believe'

So did Robson and Jerome.

That was a load of shite too.

and

Is Wallace not supposed to be on gardening leave, if you believe PMcG's version of events (not that I necessarily do). But he has been strangely quiet for a CEO in these turbulent times!

and

You have to wonder what sort of action Ashley is capable of taking if this is true. Exactly what sort of hold does he have over Rangers? He only holds just under 10% of the shares, so he doesn't hold power on that basis.

I finish my position next Fri so don't know much but it was panic stations today.

Are you bringing them down from the inside?? :gangsta:

Gives McCoist a pre packaged excuse for his teams shoddy performances

Interesting thought but what sort of shenanigans will they need to get up to after the New Year if we are 12+ points ahead?

When do the SFA get involved with all these "emergency loans" .

They would be warning and all over any other club Hearts. #shambles

FTFY

You have to wonder what sort of action Ashley is capable of taking if this is true. Exactly what sort of hold does he have over Rangers? He only holds just under 10% of the shares, so he doesn't hold power on that basis.

He actually has money, unlike anybody else it appears. I suspect he has videos etc. of other Shareholders in compromising positions with ..................well naughty things.

A few things this week

1- confirmation from MSM that Rangers are about to fail to pay their wage bills end November.

2- They cannot last long enough to make it to the much vaunted share issue

3- Everyone is falling over themselves to LOAN money that needs repaid thus throwing them into massive debt for non-capital expenditure (ie its all to pay Spivs and players they currently have.

So your looking at ?16 million to sustain their current level of drivel

Nice

A few things this week

1- confirmation from MSM that Rangers are about to fail to pay their wage bills end November.

2- They cannot last long enough to make it to the much vaunted share issue

3- Everyone is falling over themselves to LOAN money that needs repaid thus throwing them into massive debt for non-capital expenditure (ie its all to pay Spivs and players they currently have.

So your looking at ?16 million to sustain their current level of drivel

Nice

See when you put it like that lol

Edited by Feeno

Of course. He's not a charity.

However, I don't see Sports Direct in administration and iirc, Newcastle are a rare EPL club that have turned a profit in recent years.

Newcastle have achieved nothing, however, and are just plodding along. Rangers fans won't stand for that. They believe they have the right to win trophies, and challenge Celtic.

Footballfirst

Roddy Forsyth's take on things in the Telegraph also includes a snippet of the Accounts being ready to go to Deloittes and showing an operating loss for the year of just under ?9M down from ?14.4M. That may sound like a good improvement, but the operating loss for the first half of the year was ?3.6M, meaning the loss for the second half of the year was over ?5M (approx ?850k a month). Who knows what they have spent in first 4 months of the current period.

http://www.telegraph...loan-offer.html

Edited by Footballfirst

Ashley package to be ratified by Ibrox board over weekend according to Brian Mcglauchlin on twitter, interesting to see how the bears react to this.

Ashley package to be ratified by Ibrox board over weekend according to Brian Mcglauchlin on twitter, interesting to see how the bears react to this.

They're about to be done up like a kipper yet again. Liquidation two years down the line with Ashley the owner of all their fixed assets as security against the loans.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If it was a WAR CHEZT, they wouldn't give a flying one. Orcs are like dumb animals. Give them food and they will keep coming back, irrespective of how they are treated.

However, it isn't a WAR CHEZT. It will keep the show on the road with McCoist in charge, which is good.

I know King's consortium would have served their supporters and even the club and team much the better,

Ashley finessed King who left it all rather too late.

If its Ashley , hell mend them.

He may mend them, but only in a way that benefits Sports Direct and doesn't cost him personally any money, they'll absolutely have to live within what they generate, there won't be any wild spending financed from Ashley's loose change.

Footballfirst

Assuming the Chris McLaughlin is correct, then it puts the Bears in a difficult position. Those who wanted King will boycott ?1brox, as will those who are anti Easdale and Ashley.

When gates fall further towards 25k, I can see Ashley coming out and saying to the bears, "either you turn up and support the team and buy (my) merchandise, or I turn off the life support and the club goes bust".

What would be the reaction? If fans don't respond, an insolvency becomes inevitable and new Blue Knights come to the rescue, or do they act like sheep and do their master's bidding. It is a bit of a quandary for the hard of thinking.

Edited by Footballfirst

If it was a WAR CHEZT, they wouldn't give a flying one. Orcs are like dumb animals. Give them food and they will keep coming back, irrespective of how they are treated.

However, it isn't a WAR CHEZT. It will keep the show on the road with McCoist in charge, which is good.

You are correct! the SOS and Union of Bears have been very vocal against Ashley, going to look very stupid now if they back him

Geoff Kilpatrick

Assuming the Chris McLaughlin is correct, then it puts the Bears in a difficult position. Those who wanted King will boycott ?1brox, as will those who are anti Easdale and Ashley.

When gates fall further towards 25k, I can see Ashley coming out and saying to the bears, "either you turn up and support the team and buy (my) merchandise, or I turn off the life support and the club goes bust".

What would be the reaction? If fans don't respond, an insolvency becomes inevitable and new Blue Knights come to the rescue, or do they act like sheep and do their master's bidding. It is a bit of a quandary for the hard of thinking.

Tan the windaes of Sports Direct across the UK!

"Rangers" is simply a sub company of " Rangers International " Limited or PC. As there is no " The Rangers" left , as it is deid,

Ashley is welcome to rebrand it all YET AGAIN as far as I am concerned.

Newcastle have achieved nothing, however, and are just plodding along. Rangers fans won't stand for that. They believe they have the right to win trophies, and challenge Celtic.

Rangers fans will stand for whatever Ashley tells them to stand for. Do you think he is going to be intimidated by a bunch of angry weejies? Geordies are just as deluded when it comes to football and he tells them to beat it regularly.

Throughout this whole process over the last few years, the constant mistake has been the assumption that the fans have any power whatsoever.

Anybody any idea who actually owns The Rangers and how all these restrictions that exist in the various footballing authorities would have an impact on the likes of MA and his new found control if this deal goes through.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Rudolf's Mate

and

Putting 2+2 together....

Possibly a case of MA finding out that things are much worse than originally feared with him wanting to a, essentially take control. B, prevent himself from taking a hit.

We've shown that a club run properly can be run without making a loss never mind a profit. The moment they went down to the 3rd div they should have got rid of all high earners and not taken any back unless they would take 1k or less.

Rangers fans will stand for whatever Ashley tells them to stand for. Do you think he is going to be intimidated by a bunch of angry weejies? Geordies are just as deluded when it comes to football and he tells them to beat it regularly.

Throughout this whole process over the last few years, the constant mistake has been the assumption that the fans have any power whatsoever.

If Rangers go years without winning anything, or going forward, they won't stand for it.

However, you are right in saying that Mike Ashley will not be intimidated by them.

They might just have to do 'walking away'.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The only "power" they have held is over the churnalists failing to report what was happening for fear of killing off sales of their shitty rags amongst the hard of thinking.

Footballfirst

Putting 2+2 together....

Possibly a case of MA finding out that things are much worse than originally feared with him wanting to a, essentially take control. B, prevent himself from taking a hit.

We've shown that a club run properly can be run without making a loss never mind a profit. The moment they went down to the 3rd div they should have got rid of all high earners and not taken any back unless they would take 1k or less.

I don't think that Ashley was surprised in the least by the state of affairs at the club. However, he is used to getting his own way. The protracted nature of the discussions is more likely to have been opposition to Ashley's loan conditions from the institutional investors. Basically Ashley can be viewed as a Spiv benefiting from onerous contracts. Remember that he had invested in TRFC before the IPO, so he would have been there at the invitation of Green.

Edited by Footballfirst

Seymour M Hersh

Tan the windaes of Sports Direct across the UK!

At least your average single cell orc will "unnerstawn" that sort of tactic.

Seymour M Hersh

"Rangers" is simply a sub company of " Rangers International " Limited or PC. As there is no " The Rangers" left , as it is deid,

Ashley is welcome to rebrand it all YET AGAIN as far as I am concerned.

Perhaps "We Arra Peepil FC"?

Rudolf's Mate

I don't think that Ashley was surprised in the least by the state of affairs at the club. However, he is used to getting his own way. The protracted nature of the discussions is more likely to have been opposition to Ashley's loan conditions from the institutional investors. Basically Ashley can be viewed as a Spiv benefiting from onerous contracts. Remember that he had invested in TRFC before the IPO, so he would have been there at the invitation of Green.

Agreed.

All said and done, MA would run it a lot better than the numpties currently at the helm.

Agreed.

All said and done, MA would run it a lot better than the numpties currently at the helm.

A lot of cost cutting to be done before that can be achieved.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic