The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

This is my dream scenario and IMO the most likely outcome- it is his modus operandi.

It matters not a jot if Rangers return to their former power to him.

He will bleed the club for as long as he can

More potential good news then!

The Mighty Thor

c77e256ea3a1ae92151c7fa89f49cc16.jpg

Team Ashley deliver the death blow to the lying king. Panning out just as planned.

Is it just me or does Dave King look like Kenny Dalglish with Bells Palsy?

Again the MA money will go along way to finding out what the spivs are thinking. If they take it then its feeder club if they dont its admin.

Not necessarily. The alternative is that Ashley keeps them on life support while sweating the assets (including IP) as far as he can.

Realistically FF both of the options you have suggested are good news. Either a pre-packed admin or MA just drip-feeding them are two potential routes. One will lead to a points deduction, the other will lead to a boycott. Either would benefit Hearts in the title race.

Phil Nash (whoever he is) resigns.

Raman Bhardwaj ?@STVRaman 2m2 minutes ago

Mike Ashley wanted him out and now he is - Phil Nash resigns as Rangers director.

Edited by Arnold

If we want to win the league we will need to do without needing Rangers x Admin 2. If anything they may strengthen in Jan (as we may well do).

Footballfirst

Nash gone

RNS Number : 2876V

Rangers Int. Football Club PLC

24 October 2014

Rangers International Football Club plc

(?Rangers? the ?Club? or the ?Company?)

Board Changes

The Company announces that Philip Nash has resigned from the Board of Rangers (?Board?) with immediate effect.

The Board would like to thank Mr Nash for his significant contribution to the Company during what has been a particularly challenging period.

Footballfirst

Nash's resignation suggests that the Board have caved in to Ashley.

Looks like Ashley will do the life support option (alienating more Bears in the process), but I can't see him funding them for long without getting other shareholders to fund at least a proportion of the ongoing cash needs.

Haud the bus...

keith jackson ?@tedermeatballs 2m2 minutes ago

BREAKING: New funding proposal put to Rangers in 11th hour bid to block Mike Ashley's grab for control of the boardroom. Story up soon. Full story up soon but this new offer it does not involve Dave King.

Andy Devlin ?@AndyDev28 55s56 seconds ago

BREAKING: Brian Kennedy proposes 11th hour bid to block Mike Ashley at Rangers. Time is against him.

Edited by Arnold

Haud the bus...

BREAKING: New funding proposal put to Rangers in 11th hour bid to block Mike Ashley's grab for control of the boardroom. Story up soon. Full story up soon but this new offer it does not involve Dave King.

BREAKING: Brian Kennedy proposes 11th hour bid to block Mike Ashley at Rangers. Time is against him.

Not him again................... :uhoh2:

Footballfirst

I don't think that Kennedy has enough money to make a difference. I can see him making an emergency loan (secured) a bit like Letham but that will be about it.

Ashley has it in the bag I think. I really hope his offer of an emergency loan is accepted and I think it will be. It will allow the spiv's another year or two to milk Rangers. Ashley's loan is going to come at a high cost to Rangers - either a high interest rate or more likely he will gain control over Ibrox or shirt sponsorship etc. etc. in return for the loan. Let the milking continue - we can win the league without them going into admin and with a bit of luck they might not get through the play offs in any case.

Edited by tazhearts

Footballfirst

Dave King Statement

I have been asked to make a personal comment on the rumour that the Rangers board is considering a loan from Mr Ashley. I don?t see the offer of a short term loan by Mr Ashley affecting me in any way. Our offer is for a long term permanent solution that can take the club forward and unite the fans and the board for the first time in many years. The board is in the final stages of reviewing our offer and I expect a definitive answer early next week. Frankly, it doesn?t seem possible that the board can do anything other than recommend it to shareholders given the dire financial circumstances and the fact that no other long term solution is on offer. Mr Ashley?s involvement (and recently announced continued commitment) with Newcastle precludes him from making a similar offer of long term permanent equity.

What Mr Ashley can do is attempt to increase his vice-like grip on the Rangers brand by improving his retail position as a condition for supplying short term debt to tide the club over until our permanent funding is in place. But I know that there are other investors also willing to provide bridging finance. The board will therefore not have to accept punitive terms even if Ashley attempts to oppose them. We must remember that the board is ethically and legally bound to act in the best interest of the company and all shareholders. Ashley can not expect preferential treatment and will not get it. I am confident that Graham Wallace and Philip Nash have enough integrity and commercial experience to do the right thing.

Edited by Footballfirst

Dave King Statement

I have been asked to make a personal comment on the rumour that the Rangers board is considering a loan from Mr Ashley. I don?t see the offer of a short term loan by Mr Ashley affecting me in any way. Our offer is for a long term permanent solution that can take the club forward and unite the fans and the board for the first time in many years. The board is in the final stages of reviewing our offer and I expect a definitive answer early next week. Frankly, it doesn?t seem possible that the board can do anything other than recommend it to shareholders given the dire financial circumstances and the fact that no other long term solution is on offer. Mr Ashley?s involvement (and recently announced continued commitment) with Newcastle precludes him from making a similar offer of long term permanent equity.

What Mr Ashley can do is attempt to increase his vice-like grip on the Rangers brand by improving his retail position as a condition for supplying short term debt to tide the club over until our permanent funding is in place. But I know that there are other investors also willing to provide bridging finance. The board will therefore not have to accept punitive terms even if Ashley attempts to oppose them. We must remember that the board is ethically and legally bound to act in the best interest of the company and all shareholders. Ashley can not expect preferential treatment and will not get it. I am confident that Graham Wallace and Philip Nash have enough integrity and commercial experience to do the right thing.

Nash has done the right thing, he's walked (bolted) away! :D

He's done a Nash!

Edited by Getintaethem

I am confident that Graham Wallace and Philip Nash have enough integrity and commercial experience to do the right thing.

Get the impression King doesn't know a thing?

Haud the bus...

Johnny Comelately on the scene again, it's too late again Brian !

Sevco really must be teetering on the brink. A short term loan to help them through to the AGM? Is Sevco already trading while insolvent? Will the Glasgow media ask any difficult questions? What about the GFA or the SPFL?

I won't be holding my breath.

Is it just me or does Dave King look like Kenny Dalglish with Bells Palsy?

i'd say more like pat stanton if he gives up the home brew

Who gives a frogs fat arse about the manky mob,

Edited by aussieh

The Mighty Thor

Ashley is the only show in town as he's the only guy in all this who actually has money.

The lying king is a mittyesque fantasist.

Kennedy appears to be a publicity whore who loves to put a bid in after the ink is already dry.

?1brox it is then.

:jjyay:

Malinga the Swinga

Bill McMurdo's latest Jack Irvine creation

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/

You have to laugh at the 'the sooner Rangers are back in the top tier, the better for Scottish football' stuff that McMurdo comes up with. Presume he enjoys being a puppet for the current Ibrox board and does't want anything to spoil his 'succulent lamb'.

Why can't they just wither and die again.

If Ashley does get his loan agreed, what's the odds that one of the conditions is the removal of Fat Sally? McCoist has been vocal in his backing of King and surely Ashley can see he's a chump. The bottom line is that Ashley will make money on his loan BUT he will also want Rangers promoted so that he can rake in the cash from merchandising and stadium rights. A decent manager would mean less outlay on players.

Friday afternoon seems to be the preferred time for new news in the Rangers saga.

Gives McCoist a pre packaged excuse for his teams shoddy performances

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Sorry for going off topic so wildly but every time I hear that phrase I think "Chewing gum for the eyes". "No thanks Ted"

"I've got these crisps. See, I take a salt & vinegar one, and a cheese & onion one, and I eat them both at the same time."

:rofl:

Phil D. Corners

You have to laugh at the 'the sooner Rangers are back in the top tier, the better for Scottish football' stuff that McMurdo comes up with. Presume he enjoys being a puppet for the current Ibrox board and does't want anything to spoil his 'succulent lamb'.

Why can't they just wither and die again.

English football will be better as soon as Leeds and Nottingham Forest are back in the top tier.......... Said no one.

Prince Buaben

Thought Kennedy may have looked at getting onboard at the San GIro

He will get more for Murray Park than a Barn in Ormiston.

Skivingatwork

Charles Paterson @charlesp_sky

Sources close to Mike Ashley tell SSNHQ they believe Rangers are in severe financial difficulties & require his immediate financial help

Is this one of these no **** Sherlock statements?

Edited by Skivingatwork

So he can fist them at his pleasure

Of course. He's not a charity.

However, I don't see Sports Direct in administration and iirc, Newcastle are a rare EPL club that have turned a profit in recent years.

Are you just replying to your own quotes in some bizarre attempt to trawl :rofl:

I like to post my thoughts regarding what I consider will happen at Rangers. If you feel you are being "trawled" by that, then it says more about you than me, i'm afraid.

I think I'm on the button with this one.

The Future's Maroon

tumblr_myjwwi02tu1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

I thought H1b5 were the club that just keep on giving, but its actually The Rangers supplying the laughter at the moment ;-)

• Maple Leaf locked this topic