The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

jamboinglasgow

Don't know why everyone laughs at the Dave King chat. He will bail them out if things get bad enough, IMO.

I dont think he will, he did not step in when they were liquidated, and is he willing to throw money at bad situation, where most is wasted to try and stop leaking and lose huge amounts to keep it up at current level. Or alternatively to not lose as much money, make massive cuts and risk the anger of Rangers fans. Its an unpalatable situation for a wealthy Rangers fan hence the only ones are those trying to make a quick buck out of Rangers before fleeing.

I think Dave King is happy with the situation at the moment, constantly keep on the fringe of Rangers, making comments every now and then about how the owners have not taken him up on his "offer." So fans take ire at board, and treat King as the messiah who can come in. So King has his stock high without spending any money.

Footballfirst

Who's Dr Poon?

Dr Heidi Poon was one of the three members of the original panel who sat on the FTTT.

She was the only one with an accounting background. The others were lawyers. The tribunal voted 2-1 with Dr Poon as the one. It is actually worth reading the full FTTT report as it shows a marked contrast between the two Lawyers who seemed to make their decision on very narrow legal points, while the Accountant appeared much more worldly wise and viewed the evidence as a whole and went against the majority view by describing the EBT's as a deliberate tax evasion scheme, rather than a legal tax avoidance scheme.

Heidi Poon - hide the poon? Nickname of 'underwear'? Sorry to troll this thread FF, this is the last you'll hear of me. But that's just too funny.

Don't know why everyone laughs at the Dave King chat. He will bail them out if things get bad enough, IMO.

The only reason he was not able to do so before was the tax case he was the subject of in South Africa.

He paid a rather large sum well into the tens of millions as a settlement and hence his funds are now released for him to use as he wishes.

He perhaps sees the way things are going and as he wants total control not part control, may choose to wait in the background to pick up the pieces.

The only reason he was not able to do so before was the tax case he was the subject of in South Africa.

He paid a rather large sum well into the tens of millions as a settlement and hence his funds are now released for him to use as he wishes.

He perhaps sees the way things are going and as he wants total control not part control, may choose to wait in the background to pick up the pieces.

He can do nothing while the Easdales and the others are in control of things. They obviously do not want him near the place. The only way he is going to get his foot in the door is when these people ave had their fill. King has had his opportunities previously to climbs board but failed to do so. I don't think that he is going to pump money into a Rangers unless there is the prospect of some return for him. There is certainly no way that we will want the club without the fixed assets. Getting his hands on these will cost him dearly as the Spivs will want a huge payout to relinquish these. It makes sense for them to keep reviving the corpse in order to keep the money rolling in their direction.

jack D and coke
Rangers will be fine.

I used to think that someone would come to their rescue right through the admin process and they liquidated. I'm not certain someone is prepared to throw ?20m a year of their personal cash at them for a few years until they are beating Celtic again. They are in trouble no doubt.

Skivingatwork

Sevco fans show their total ignorance at a flawed business model if they think either the Krays or the tax dodger will just throw ?20m at them for nothing in return.

If current estimates are to be believed ?20m would last about a year and a half and then what? Another ?20m?

As FF has eloquently outlined on more than one occasion their pre admin, liquidity event business was based on reaching the champions league group stages at least once every 2 years.

To get to where they think they ought to be requires either huge investment every year from someone with very deep pockets who doesn't care about a return (man city/Chelsea) or the Celtic model of champions league money coupled with inflated player sales to the premiership.

Can't see either happening any time soon...

tartofmidlothian

Rangers will be fine.

They'll be fine in the sense they'll continue to survive, but after this season it's not going to be plain sailing for them on the park. First they have to get through us and some half-decent teams to get back to the Premiership, then I reckon they'll have a huge mountain to climb just getting into second place, with no guarantee they'll do it consistently. Remember they'll have to live off what they earn and have a manager in place who can make the financial advantage count.

IMO these aren't the testing times for the fans, it's when they're back in the top division taking a point or two off Celtic if they're lucky and finishing 30 points behind them like the rest of us that loyalties will be tested. They'll return in triumph, saying it's time to put Celtic in their place, and Lennon and co will ragdoll them.

They will have a big problem if King has not come in during the summer. He wants a new share offering and he wants it on his terms,

whicch means the end of the Easdales. King , might make things even worse for present Rangers but it is a dangerous strategy.

They could end up in admin over the summer, and be deducted points.

It may all depend on whether the huns all buy season briefs.

Fxxx the SPFL

Rangers won't go into admin, they will

Stumble along and the spivs will milk their prize cow for the rest of time... But as I said before, it makes no sense for the hedge funds and gangsters to allow them to slip into admin ...

Imagine just repeating stuff you have already posted Ha Ha just to get your 10000th post well done. :2thumbsup:

We are into the third day of this Tribunal, and hardly any reporting in media other than a short mention on STV web site, and for what is a ?36m scandal. It is a public hearing, Succulent lamb, anyone?

Hagar the Horrible

Dave King Statement as per the Herald:

Because of my ongoing interest in the future direction of the club I have deliberately avoided immersing myself in the day-to-day "noise level" that is being played out in the media. By doing this I had hoped to serve as a bridge between non-aligned stakeholders and the club, as well as seeking a way forward that could accommodate all interests. I no longer believe that I can achieve this with the board that is presently in place. I consequently wish to update the fans on my current position.

Late last year I travelled to Scotland in an attempt to find a way forward that would accommodate all parties and ensure sound corporate governance and sound financial planning for the club. Unfortunately, my efforts were in vain. During this period I made it clear to the board that I am a potential source of funding by way of a new capital injection. My prime condition is that any funds introduced by me would go into the club for the benefit of the team and the dilapidating infrastructure.

For the avoidance of doubt, I appreciate that the Rangers board has no obligation to engage with me or to agree with my vision for the future of Rangers. My assessment is that the business is not commercially sustainable in the short term and hence requires a level of soft investment. The board is focusing on right-sizing the business ie. cutting costs to match the income. It is correct that anyclub must, over the long term, operate within its means but in the short term Rangers needs a significant once-off financial boost that cannot be met from the current revenue stream. Without this we will not get back to where we should be. If we cut our costs to suit our present income we will remain a small club and Celtic will shoot through 10 in a row - and beyond - while we slug it out for the minor places. That is not the Rangers that I grew up with and not the Rangers that we should be passing down to our children and grandchildren.

Such a soft investment will only come from a fan based group that regard their return as winning trophies in the top flight. I have been such an investor and want to be so again. I would like to lead a fan-based initiative to acquire an influential shareholding in the club.

I hope that the board will belatedly recognise the importance ofcommunicating with fans on the true state of the club's finances.Financial transparency should now be a non-negotiable requirement of the fans prior to investing in season tickets. It is an easy deflection for the board to suggest that it has had insufficient time or that it is restricted by AIM regulations. That is simply not true. Legitimate concerns about the club's financial position have been voiced for a long time. It should have been the board's number one priority to provide the comfort that the fans need - if it is able to do so. Craig Whyte employed exactly the same reasons for avoiding disclosure of the true financial state of the club during his ill-fated period of ownership.

The board has previously dealt with queries around the club's finances by giving categoric assurances that there was sufficientfunding until the end of the season. We now know that these assurances were untrue and that emergency financing has been put in place on terms that are not commercial and that indicate the desperate financial position that the club is in. This lack of transparency on the present and projected funding position isextremely worrying. The Craig Whyte purchase would never have happened if the true source of "his" funds had been known. Similarly, the fans would not have purchased season tickets at that time if they had known that their funds were going out of the club. The fans lost their cash and almost lost their club. So now, at this critical time, I remind fellow supporters of the old adage - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

The fans have no proper insight into the owners of the club and who represents which shareholders on the board. The board has strenuously resisted any attempt by the fans to find out who key shareholders are. What is known is that the current board members have a very minor stake in the club. Rangers has also developed an extremely un-Rangers like culture of "turning on its own". It is not in Rangers culture to have spin-doctors that feed information to the media in an attempt to damage our own players, management, potential investors, and supporters. Much of what has been fed to the media is clearly untrue or exaggerated.

Ultimately, it is in the hands of the existing shareholders (through the board) to decide to issue new shares to investors. There is a clear reluctance to do this at the present time and the reasons for this can only be speculated upon. Undoubtedly, the club requires a significant injection of new equity from existing or new shareholders but this will take some time to put in place. A proper financial evaluation will have to be undertaken and all the necessary AIM requirements etc. complied with. Clearly, by not having acted sooner the board is making it clear that it has decided to rely on the fans' cash once again.

The big question is- "What can fans do to protect themselves but still assist the team and management"? Fans must remember that the purchase of a season ticket is essentially an individual loan from the fan to the company until such time as all games are played. No banker would lend money to a company without knowing its true financial position. Unless the board departs from its present stance of opacity the fans will be asked to lend money to the company with no security and with no comfort that the loan advance is not going into a financial black-hole. It must be stressed that the board was happy to give security to Laxey Partners for the recent facility as well as a massive return on this short-term loan. It seems wrong that, if the board gets its way, these new loans will be repaid from interest free and unsecured loans provided by long suffering fans.

If the board does not provide disclosure to the fans then it is time to draw a line in the sand. I propose that the fans buy the season tickets only on one of the two following bases;

1. The fans pay the season ticket money into a trust and the funds are released to the club on a "pay-as-they-play" basis.

2. The fans pay the season ticket money into a trust and the funds are released in full to the club but against security of the club property until such time as all games are played. In that way the fans will have some protection from a future event of failure if the board cannot bridge the funding gap that clearly exists.

Additionally, the fans should insist on a board appointee prior to renewing their season tickets, to look after their interests.

I also suggest that the following questions be put to the board on condition that satisfactory answers must be given prior to fans agreeing to make cash from season ticket sales available to the club.

1. Will the board provide legally binding assurances that the club is a going concern and has sufficient funds and/or facilities in place for the 2014/2015 season.

2. Will the board undertake that none of the proceeds from season ticket sales will be used to settle any financial obligation that arose prior to receipt of the season ticket monies by the club.

3. Will the board confirm that the club assets continue to be unencumbered.

4. Will the board explain its previous statements that the club had sufficient cash resources to last until the end of the season.

I previously invested 20 million pounds in the club and lost it all.Like all Rangers fans I continue to loyally support the team and the manager. I am willing to provide funding again but I do not believe that Rangers should be under the control of one owner/benefactor. We have already seen the damage that has been caused at Rangers (and many other clubs) when the club becomes a hostage to thefluctuating whims and wealth of a single owner. I see my role as being the lead investor of a like-minded consortium that will invest in the club, along with the supporters, without the "short-sightidness" of an immediate return on investment. An immediate return on investment will guarantee a non-immediate return of the team to the top flight.

The fact that it believes it can proceed as it is doing without financial transparency makes two major statements about the board's thinking. First, they have correctly understood the fierce and unbending loyalty that Rangers fans display towards the club and the team at a time of common difficulty. Secondly, they have seriously misunderstood this loyalty as being something they can take for granted and offer nothing in return. We shouldn't allow that to continue. At this critical juncture, the fans control the funding that the board is relying on. How we proceed will determine our club's future.

We_are_the_Hearts

"fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" be interesting to see how many knuckle draggers bring shame on them self

f we cut our costs to suit our present income we will remain a small club and Celtic will shoot through 10 in a row - and beyond - while we slug it out for the minor places. That is not the Rangers that I grew up with and not the Rangers that we should be passing down to our children and grandchildren.

Everything that is wrong with the game in Scotland summed up in the above statement.

Wearrapeepil and because they are where they are we must be the same to stop them.

Interestingly, before Murray took over when Rangers were in decline in the early/mid 80's, was this sort of thing mentioned then?

Has anybody bothered to read King's statement in full ?

He's just another crook looking to shaft the hard of thinking.

Generic Username

So, basically, he wants money chucked into Rangers to stop those reprohensible Catholic monsters from winning more league titles than them?

Has anybody bothered to read King's statement in full ?

He's just another crook looking to shaft the hard of thinking.

Certainly looks like the veiled threats about the Season Tickets and in all but name a boycott of buying them is little more than an attempt by him to have the Easdales & co removed from the trough to be replaced by him. I reckon that he's whistling in the wind with his statement.

Hagar the Horrible

The two things that come out of it, is boycott season tickets, force the club into admin, I with other big investors will step in and once again give it "we ara ra peepil" and spend accordingly, but he is also demanding who these people are? The ones that are clearly CW companies.

Is this just another Bomberesque rant by proxy an eRant! if you will. All that is missing is a couple of No Surrender moonbemas and the full set of Spivatribe buzzwords are complete. He has also not grasped that nobody not even him will plug the financial gap to make them a big club again just does not exist anymore. Next they will demand to play in the EPL again at this rate. They need to learn not to spend money they don't have!

Skivingatwork

Spivatribe - love it Hagar.

Are we to expect an equal and opposite Spivatribe rebuttal from the board?

Tick tock...

Fascinating letter from King which could basically be summed up in a short sentence. "I've got money but you're not getting it until the current board sod off and you're not getting the ST money till you do."

alwaysthereinspirit

Did we ever determine if King would pass the "fit for human consumption" test? Sorry I meant "fit and proper"

Same thing I guess when it comes to Scottish football. Havering loon.

That's terrific, because for large parts of myself growing up Rangers were pretty shite with low attendences and poor teams on the park. So well done to the Easdales for at least returning Rangers to that state at least. The next step in this "new history" would be a remake of the Murray years where rangers success is built on fraud, tax evasion, side contracts, fiscal suicide, sectarianism and bankrupcy

Footballfirst

I think Dave King's intervention could actually initiate an insolvency event, thus enabling RIFC to offload TRFC minus the property assets.

Did we ever determine if King would pass the "fit for human consumption" test? Sorry I meant "fit and proper"

Same thing I guess when it comes to Scottish football. Havering loon.

Anyone wearing a light blue scarf who has not actually eaten children will pass any SFA test :(

alwaysthereinspirit

That's terrific, because for large parts of myself growing up Rangers were pretty shite with low attendences and poor teams on the park. So well done to the Easdales for at least returning Rangers to that state at least. The next step in this "new history" would be a remake of the Murray years where rangers success is built on fraud, tax evasion, side contracts, fiscal suicide, sectarianism and bankrupcy

The remake would all be legal under Scottish football laws. Well at least for two teams. The rest of us can just go **** ourselves.

Hagar the Horrible

I think King wants to trigger an insolvency event, go for a CVA himself, go for another IPO perhaps get fans involved like us, but you just know its probably one set of spivs replacing another set of spivs. And the fans get shafted. They need to mobilise and get King to act like an Ann Budge and finance the take over lend the fans money provide initial cash float, and let the fans run the club. But if not then the fans should gazump king and go for a CVA themselves, rather tyhan sit back and watch somebody else take charge.

Footballfirst

I think King wants to trigger an insolvency event, go for a CVA himself, go for another IPO perhaps get fans involved like us, but you just know its probably one set of spivs replacing another set of spivs. And the fans get shafted. They need to mobilise and get King to act like an Ann Budge and finance the take over lend the fans money provide initial cash float, and let the fans run the club. But if not then the fans should gazump king and go for a CVA themselves, rather tyhan sit back and watch somebody else take charge.

That's certainly the way it comes across to me.

I just has a quick look on Rangers Media. The contrast with a few days ago when the ?1.5M loan was announced is startling. They were crying out for Dave King to save them previously, now the majority have come out against him saying that he shouldn't be telling fans what to do with their ST money.

The People don't want that. They expect someone else to burn millions of their own money to match Celtic. The bickering will go on and on with all of this - going to be an interesting summer! Edited by Deevers

Charlie-Brown

Didn't they just get a ?22M soft investment just 14 months ago? Look how long that lasted. What King is tacitly admitting is that Rangers continually need fresh injections of capital either by continually having new share issues where the previous investors get creamed or they need huge bank loan facilities or else they simply divert tax payers money. In the last 15 years we have seen a combination of all three. King says they need money to catch Celtic but he fails to say how they will ever be viable despite arguing against being at the whims and wealth of a major benefactor......I guess their civil war will never be over because they will continually need new money and the next best saviour......

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That's certainly the way it comes across to me.

I just has a quick look on Rangers Media. The contrast with a few days ago when the ?1.5M loan was announced is startling. They were crying out for Dave King to save them previously, now the majority have come out against him saying that he shouldn't be telling fans what to do with their ST money.

Surprised by that, I thought they would flock to King's side after that statement. He really is their only possible chance of returning to anything like the entity they were in the trophy laden recent years.

Charlie-Brown

Basically the plan is

1. Timothy must be stopped at all costs.

2. We need to buy our way to the SPFL title.

3. We need to keep on spending to lock in Champions League money and big ST sales to keep the charade going annually.

4. We need to get our friends in the SFA and SPFL into the key positions to ensure Timothy and of course everyone else as well is given the shaft to our advantage.

Basically we need to turn the clock back..........

Didn't they just get a ?22M soft investment just 14 months ago? Look how long that lasted. What King is tacitly admitting is that Rangers continually need fresh injections of capital either by continually having new share issues where the previous investors get creamed or they need huge bank loan facilities or else they simply divert tax payers money. In the last 15 years we have seen a combination of all three. King says they need money to catch Celtic but he fails to say how they will ever be viable despite arguing against being at the whims and wealth of a major benefactor......I guess their civil war will never be over because they will continually need new money and the next best saviour......

The thing is, if they really thought about it, they could in a few years time certainly establish themselves as the 2nd best in Scotland and occasionally best Celtic.

Then they would have access to the CL qualifiers at least and then who knows.

I guess patience isn't a watchword, and it would also appear that King realises they need instant success otherwise the "unswerving loyalty" will disappear. No reasoning with footballing fascisti.

King must fancy a 2nd insolvency event and be gambling on either Ibrox "not" being separated from the business or arranging a long term buyback of Ibrox.

Hagar the Horrible

Surprised by that, I thought they would flock to King's side after that statement. He really is their only possible chance of returning to anything like the entity they were in the trophy laden recent years.

I think they will back king, at least delay buying season tickets, but what they are being forced to do is decide what's best Constipation or Diarrhoea? King also does not get is they are so toxic no bank will touch them right now, and a foreign convicted tax cheat is not going to convince them otherwise. He does not get they need to grow organically, pumping millions in for instant success will only end in tears, its like being on a snakes and ladders board and they keep throwing ones. What happens if they return, plough in millions and only get to mid table? even coming second to Thellik year in, would cause an implosion, right now to competed with Celtic then they need them to have a serious crisis as well

King must fancy a 2nd insolvency event and be gambling on either Ibrox "not" being separated from the business or arranging a long term buyback of Ibrox.

He can't possibly intend to buy out the existing shareholders. Good money after bad and all that.

Admin followed by a CVA? But who do they owe money to?in any case the existing shareholders retain control.

Which leaves liquidation2. A new start-up but where do the fixed assets sit?

It could all go horribly wrong.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think they will back king, at least delay buying season tickets, but what they are being forced to do is decide what's best Constipation or Diarrhoea? King also does not get is they are so toxic no bank will touch them right now, and a foreign convicted tax cheat is not going to convince them otherwise. He does not get they need to grow organically, pumping millions in for instant success will only end in tears, its like being on a snakes and ladders board and they keep throwing ones. What happens if they return, plough in millions and only get to mid table? even coming second to Thellik year in, would cause an implosion, right now to competed with Celtic then they need them to have a serious crisis as well

Ultimately I think they will back him too. The bellends at the supporters trust (Edgar and co) will be mobilized and exert their influence.

I think that the cash injection will come from King though, the Hunnish prick will happily chuck his cash at the Good Ship Bigot. The rallying of the fans will be the vehicle he needs to get his fingers dug in to a piece of the action.

The future after that? Who knows.

Edited by Sir David Attenborough

I like how he says he invested ?20m and lost it all apart from the ?18m he got back from Rangers after the money was all cleaned which he neglects to mention!

Hagar the Horrible

King is playing a high risk poker game with no risk to himself, what a decision to force fans to make and the fans groups have now got behind King on this one to starve the season ticket money until they get their demands met, which is the correct decision but for the wrong reasons. This is a safe bet for King because he can get the whole shooting match pretty much again what Green paid for it, but has he underestimated the current set of spivs who will put the club into admin but still end up owing all the assets. King is basically asking the fans to bet the existence of their club on the throw of a dice. The fans need to take control, take the club to the brink but go no further. I think the fans should go it alone.

King is playing a high risk poker game with no risk to himself, what a decision to force fans to make and the fans groups have now got behind King on this one to starve the season ticket money until they get their demands met, which is the correct decision but for the wrong reasons. This is a safe bet for King because he can get the whole shooting match pretty much again what Green paid for it, but has he underestimated the current set of spivs who will put the club into admin but still end up owing all the assets. King is basically asking the fans to bet the existence of their club on the throw of a dice. The fans need to take control, take the club to the brink but go no further. I think the fans should go it alone.

I agree but can't see the mechanism by which they would achieve fan ownership? The incumbents would need to agree to sell their shares. How likely is that?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Once the current spivs have made a lovely profit for themselves, I see them selling to King and any other investors and fans interested. They may be able to keep hold of the assets and rent them for further income, but I just don't see them inflicting another killer blow on them.

Ultimately I see King investing a fair whack of his own cash and gaining control of the fan cashflow, and eventually vetting his mits on the club, which would see him recoup some cash from fans.

I think King is their only potential life belt.

Toxteth O'Grady

I cant see a big boycott of season tickets happening......... unless they start punting players following the 120 day review.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If only king were not banned from holding office for 5 years though.. :whistling:

Could he not use a fan representative as the conduit for his cash injection?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He could buy sevco through a 3rd party & install someone as a nominee ceo etc, but this would be blatant circumventing of the sfa's ruling on him..

He'd prob get the murray's to act as agent in this..

Do the rules not apply to anyone who wants to be a member of the board? Can he not simply nobble the supporters trust and get one of them on the board and filter his dough in that way?

Edited by Sir David Attenborough

tartofmidlothian

Once the current spivs have made a lovely profit for themselves, I see them selling to King and any other investors and fans interested. They may be able to keep hold of the assets and rent them for further income, but I just don't see them inflicting another killer blow on them.

Ultimately I see King investing a fair whack of his own cash and gaining control of the fan cashflow, and eventually vetting his mits on the club, which would see him recoup some cash from fans.

I think King is their only potential life belt.

Think the two scenarios are that the Easdales decide to call it quits and King gets his hands on the club one way or the other, in which case they'll be fine. Either that or they won't go easily and things will get pretty tricky between both camps after this statement.

I think it'll work out okay for them in terms of long term survival, but my only concern right now is whether they wind up with points deducted and possibly some better players offloaded next season. That has to be a good thing for us, no doubt.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Think the two scenarios are that the Easdales decide to call it quits and King gets his hands on the club one way or the other, in which case they'll be fine. Either that or they won't go easily and things will get pretty tricky between both camps after this statement.

I think it'll work out okay for them in terms of long term survival, but my only concern right now is whether they wind up with points deducted and possibly some better players offloaded next season. That has to be a good thing for us, no doubt.

Scenario 1, I reckon. :(

• Maple Leaf locked this topic