The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Hagar the Horrible

'KOSHER' has a meaning of being genuine and legitimate. Were you really meaning to say that the businessmen running Sevco are kosher?

What I am saying in Green and company have done nothing Illegal as far as the banks are concerned, what they have done and continue to do is morally reprehensible but if they cannot get their own banks to Finance credit facilities for SEVCO then what chance does King have who is not yet passed the fit and proper person test, as well as convince a bank that Newco Rangers are good for any debt!. He will have to trade entirely in the black.

King has urged the fans to withhold ST money until they get their demands met and demand answers but that is a two way thing, the Fans should be asking all the what if scenarios:

1. Mr King are you trying to buy out the Spivs?

2. If successful will you sell to fans in small amounts? to ensure no more controlling spivs.

3. Are you trying to force an insolvency event to get total ownership of the club at a cheaper price.

4. What happens if the Spivs retain control of the assets (Ibrox, MP, etc)? Do you do walking away?

5. Will you set up this trust fund for fans to buy their season tickets through?

6. Will make up the ?20m shortfall year in year out until CL football returns?

7. Will you pass the fit and proper person test to be allowed to run a football club?

To try and buy all the shares for a takeover don't they have to make an offer that's at least as high as the 12 month share price high once they hit a certain percentage?

would need to find out what AIM regulations are, It is not so well set up as the main stock market.

We_are_the_Hearts

Dont you think its the right moment for Celtic to leave and go to England? After all 'Rangers' won't be back next term, and then after that they are likely to prove weak for a futher year. Also Celtic players and support have already got used to Rangers not being around. They desire big matches, they will only get them down south.

One stumbling block, England don't want or need them.

If Dave King was a serious player he'd have bought the full shooting match for the pittance Charles Green paid and made millions from running it all properly.

I personally think Dave King is just another Craig Whyte.

If Dave King was a serious player he'd have bought the full shooting match for the pittance Charles Green paid and made millions from running it all properly.

I personally think Dave King is just another Craig Whyte.

. Exactly. He's had a few opportunities to put his money where his mouth is and failed to turn up every time. Lots of rhetoric yet again from him without any action on the horizon. All his latest intervention will do is hasten the financial collapse at Sevco, so maybe he is actually doing us all a favour.

But the 'special one is reported as saying recently that Celtic would bring something special to the EPL! We all know what that something special is and I am not sure it would go down well down south.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rumour-mill-celtic-in-epl-rangers-hearts-1-3307401

Edited by Stuart Lyon

" We cannot doubt the intentions of one of our own who has previously invested ?20M into the club"

- well you don't, because you are dimwits.

There is a long scots mile between " intentions" and Dave King.

I have always laughed at the thought of the old firm in the EPL as in my mind they simply aren't good enough or big enough. However after watching the Sfa, media etc scrambling to save the "old" ways I've think it's the only possible solution to improving the game in Scotland. With them two involved the league and standard will never increase as they simply won't allow it. The old firm would block any move or radical change to the game incase it stop their revenue streams etc. The SFA won't entertain a change as most are in the pocket of the old firm or to scared to speak out as they will no doubt be hounded out! If vlad showed us anything it was how unprepared Scottish football is too change and welcome in any new era! A fact proven even further with the decline of rangers.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I don't know why people think Celtic and Rangers would struggle in the EPL they are bigger than most of the teams down there, with the extra money they would get even bigger.

I don't know why people think Celtic and Rangers would struggle in the EPL they are bigger than most of the teams down there, with the extra money they would get even bigger.

They are not goingkto the EPL in the medium future. Minimum.

It's an irrelevant point how they would fare.

Every time its formalky mentioned, it should be a disrepute charge for the clubs.

Every time its formalky mentioned, it should be a disrepute charge for the clubs.

I'd never thought about this before but it's a great idea. You're either with us or against us. If you're against us your ass is getting fined.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I agree about them not going and the disrepute bit, but it's fair game to discuss when someone mentions it.

I agree about them not going and the disrepute bit, but it's fair game to discuss when someone mentions it.

Fair enough.

But they are no closer now than they were 25 years ago when Murray professed it would happen soon.

Grinds my gears

Edited by DETTY29

I'd never thought about this before but it's a great idea. You're either with us or against us. If you're against us your ass is getting fined.

against who? they're the ones that run this pitiful show, well certainly the former huns. more inside men, chairmen running other clubs than celtic and the rest of us put together. they were wiped out and if there was an honesty in the running of scottish fitba beside third lanark but stripped of a large part of their success is where they'd be, as it was they wern't even punished and their new club, but for the fans of other clubs almost got launched straight into the top division

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Fair enough.

But they are no closer now than they were 25 years ago when Murray professed it would happen soon.

Grinds my gears

I hope they don't go personally, totally against the grain, I know.

I give you Newcastle United

Though I suppose it depends on what you see as struggle.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I give you Newcastle United

Though I suppose it depends on what you see as struggle.

Like it or not Celtic have a much bigger potential support than Nnewcastle in my opinion. Celtic are forever whoring themselves to the Irish, Thais, Japanese, Chinese and any other lucky sods who don't have to actually meet their attendee fan base on a regular basis. They have a very effective PR machine who have created this totally unreal mask of being some kind of romantic and tolerant club who fights for the poor and downtrodden. If they got access to to EPL trough, they would become an absolute monster.

Like it or not Celtic have a much bigger potential support than Nnewcastle in my opinion. Celtic are forever whoring themselves to the Irish, Thais, Japanese, Chinese and any other lucky sods who don't have to actually meet their attendee fan base on a regular basis. They have a very effective PR machine who have created this totally unreal mask of being some kind of romantic and tolerant club who fights for the poor and downtrodden. If they got access to to EPL trough, they would become an absolute monster.

Pretty much agree with this.

They've got this "we welcome all" and "don't you just love Scots & Irish cultures" thing going when in fact it's just irritating fandans and the cultures are on a par with a petrie dish.

They may but prob not.... the trouble is they will be playing against other 'big monsters' who are far more popular world wide.

There is this notion of a huge fan base but it is miniscule in terms of the big English clubs... Liverpool in Australia sold out 95,000 in a pre season tour in Melbourne, .................95,000 !!!!!!!!!

Central Belt 1874

You must be mental if you think that Celtic and Rangers could compete/challenge in the EPL. How much extra money would they get? Not much that would make a difference.

Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are all owned by people ploughing in hundreds of millions of pounds with many of thses clubs posting debts in the hundreds of millions.

Now look at Celtics recent account with profit, aye, but take away CL money and they would be nowhere near competing with the top 5 or 6.

Similar sized clubs like Tottenham, Newcastle, Aston Villa and Everton who all have this money yet do nothing year after year.

Then you have things like the increased cost on their supporters to think about and it just wouldnt work.

Anyway lets get back to discussing how Rangers are almost dead and buried for the next decade.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You must be mental if you think that Celtic and Rangers could compete/challenge in the EPL. How much extra money would they get? Not much that would make a difference.

Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are all owned by people ploughing in hundreds of millions of pounds with many of thses clubs posting debts in the hundreds of millions.

Now look at Celtics recent account with profit, aye, but take away CL money and they would be nowhere near competing with the top 5 or 6.

Similar sized clubs like Tottenham, Newcastle, Aston Villa and Everton who all have this money yet do nothing year after year.

Then you have things like the increased cost on their supporters to think about and it just wouldnt work.

Anyway lets get back to discussing how Rangers are almost dead and buried for the next decade.

I agree with getting back on topic, and its probably a good thing too, because in my opinion you are very wide of the mark here and I would loathe having to 'defend' their potential and reach.

Central Belt 1874

I'm not doubting their "potential and reach" (Celtics). Economically I don't think it would work. Almost pointless.

P.S dont ever defend them!

Footballfirst

The latest from the UTTT - I went along myself today

The bulk of the day was devoted to undermining the credibility of Ian McMillan, Murray Group?s tax adviser, who was their main witness at the FTT, the much maligned Mr Red.

Roddy Thomson opened by questioning the ?majority?s? view that McMillan was ?less than forthcoming? as being sufficient. He also went on to say, that while ?credibility? isn?t normally in question once you get to the UTTT, he asked that Lord Doherty specifically makes ?findings? on McMillan?s credibility.

The differences between his oral testimony and the documented evidence were highlighted again and again. (I seem to recall that Dr Poon made reference to this in saying that the majority had relied too much on the oral testimony and not enough on the contemporaneous evidence i.e. the documents of the time)

By mid afternoon, Roddy T must have highlighted maybe 25 or so points related to McMillan, going over the transcripts from the FTT and the related documents, covering mainly his correspondence (or lack thereof) with HMRC re requests for information on how the scheme worked, providing requested documentation, side letters, what records he kept etc. McMillan claimed that, until 2007, much of the HMRC correspondence was actually drafted by Paul Baxendale-Walker and his people, although ultimately signed by McMillan

The most common words used in connection with McMillan were untruths, dishonest, lies, misleading, evasive, falsehood, misrepresent and his commonest responses ?I can?t comment on that?, ?you?re putting words in my mouth? and my favourite ?We could have been more open?

He was also accused of removing side letters from the files of Arteta and McCann before passing them onto HMRC. His previous role as a Tax Inspector with HMRC was also noted.

In the last hour they moved onto the ?brown envelope? which was given to Mrs Orchard (she worked for Trident, the second set of trustees for the EBT scheme). The envelope contained Board minutes where payments into the scheme were authorised and lists of eligible personnel were listed.

Mrs Orchard had initially stated that Trident had this information (should have been a pre requisite before handing out trust funds), but later had to admit that McMillan had only handed over the documents the day before she gave evidence. The credibility of both Mrs Orchard and McMillan were questioned for their respective parts in this event.

The final part of the day was spent further undermining Mrs Orchard?s evidence as to the ?lax? approach taken by Trident with regard to checks on individual loan requests. There were 487 payments made into 108 trusts, 483 loan requests (all of which were granted) with the remaining 4 belonging to ?Mr. N? who wanted to leave the funds invested rather than loaned.

The checks that Trident carried out on the trust holders were ridiculed, particularly with regard to ?Worldcheck? which apparently does internet checks related to political or financial risk.

The day ended with a laugh as Roddy T read out a piece of transcript form the FTT questioning of Mrs Orchard about ?Worldcheck? ??. So Mrs Orchard if ?Osama Bin Laden? was a Rangers player it might have flagged something up, but if you entered ?Laden Bin Osama? it might not.

================================

After today I think we have a new candidate for a "glib and shameless liar"

Edited by Footballfirst

http://www.rangers.c...llace-statement

MESSAGE To Rangers Supporters From Graham Wallace

Rangers Chief Executive Graham Wallace has issued the following statement.

?In recent days there has been considerable comment and speculation about the financial position of the Club and the motives of individuals managing it following the announcement of short term financing being put in place.

?Much of the comment and opinion is unfortunately ill informed and directed at undermining the Club and the considerable efforts that are taking place to rebuild it following several years of mismanagement.

?Therefore, I feel it is important, for the good of the Club, to set the record straight on a number of issues that are concerning Rangers supporters worldwide.

?Many of the problems that the Board, Executive Team and staff are addressing on a daily basis date back some considerable time and as I said at the AGM in December 2013, there is no overnight fix.

?Building trust in those managing the Club takes time. I understand that fans have a degree of scepticism, but we will demonstrate in due course the improvements being made to all areas of the Club.

?Rangers supporters are naturally seeking assurances that their Club is being run and managed for the long term. We know there are short term financial challenges inherited from previous management, but we are well on track to putting these behind us and building a Club that is both sustainable and capable of delivering the on field success that Rangers is famous for.

?It is therefore extremely concerning that public statements are being made that are factually incorrect. If left unchallenged, they would damage the reputation of the Club and individuals who are committed and working every day to rebuild it.

?It has now been some 70 days since the AGM and our review of the entire business is progressing well. We are identifying the changes needed to reposition the Club on all fronts. No one is hiding behind a timeline to complete the review, but to develop and implement change in the correct manner requires time to get it right.

?Of particular concern are media comments that the Club has been offered significant interest free loans which have been declined. This is wholly untrue and supporters need to know this.

?Further comment about withholding future ticket revenues is also damaging to the operation of the Club which, in common with many others, operates on a cyclical basis.

?We are putting in place a business structure and operational model that will protect and develop Rangers Football Club for future generations.

?We know the Club will require investment in the future but until we have addressed the problems and deficiencies of the past, it would be foolhardy to seek additional investment without a clear plan of how to use it. We are also making good progress on the development of our medium term plans.

?You, the fans have been tremendous in your support for the team over the past couple of seasons. As I outlined at the AGM, a process of improving fan engagement has commenced with the launch of the Club?s Ready To Listen campaign. This initiative has been welcomed by a great number of supporters and the results will be analysed and actions implemented in the near future.

The Board and Executive Team fully understand how important the fans are to the Club and we will never take this for granted. I made a personal commitment at the AGM to improve fan engagement and we have started on this process.

?The values Rangers Football Club is famous for, and proud to honour, include professionalism, integrity and honesty. Everyone involved with the Club shares these values and is working hard every day to ensure that the Club will continue to progress back to the top of Scottish and European football.

?We need to do this together. Divisive campaigns, fuelled by inaccurate statements played out in the media benefit no one, particularly Rangers Football Club.?

what a long way of saying nowt.

Edited by marquis

So a long statemen that actually doesnt answer a single question about how they said they were financially ok last month but now nee a 'soft' loan.

If the Huns buy that without question they deserve all they get.

So a long statemen that actually doesnt answer a single question about how they said they were financially ok last month but now nee a 'soft' loan.

If the Huns buy that without question they deserve all they get.

There is the whiff of panic in it. They are undoubtedly heading for the rocks.

There is the whiff of panic in it. They are undoubtedly heading for the rocks.

It does have a bit of desperation and similar rhetoric of 'nothing to see here please move on' of the previous regime.

jack D and coke

How much would they have to spend though? It took City a billion pounds to win the league apparently with transfers, wages etc. I believe only United and possibly Liverpool have bigger total fan bases than the uglies but the initial spending would have to be utterly eye watering to even reach the CL spots. Spurs spent ?120m in the summer and are toiling to make it. They have the potential to get there as they dwarf 95% of the teams in the EPL but it would take a lot of time and a shitload of cash.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

How much would they have to spend though? It took City a billion pounds to win the league apparently with transfers, wages etc. I believe only United and possibly Liverpool have bigger total fan bases than the uglies but the initial spending would have to be utterly eye watering to even reach the CL spots. Spurs spent ?120m in the summer and are toiling to make it. They have the potential to get there as they dwarf 95% of the teams in the EPL but it would take a lot of time and a shitload of cash.

I don't think they'd be in a position to do it right away, but I think after a few seasons of cash at those levels combined with large organic income they unfortunately attract, that they'd be up there with the big clubs. Just my opinion.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd, all have bigger fan bases than the bigot brothers.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What is the "CoplandRoad" forum of theirs all about? I found it when I wanted to to learn more about Bill Struth and googled his name.

Here's the address. It's a funny old site that appears to be almost anti-Rangers:

http://www.thecoplandroad.org/

This post/article in particular cannae be right, surely? It reads like a Celtic fan has written bits of it:

http://www.thecoplandroad.org/2013/06/rangers-exposed.html

Is it a genuine Rangers site having a laugh at theirs and others' or a Celtic piss take? The bits about the rampant lion and Nicky Clarke were particular highlights! :rofl:

It's tounge in cheek, I think... a wee dig at paranoid Celtic fans?

Edited by Sir David Attenborough

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What is the "CoplandRoad" forum of theirs all about? I found it when I wanted to to learn more about Bill Struth and googled his name.

Here's the address. It's a funny old site that appears to be almost anti-Rangers:

http://www.thecoplandroad.org/

This post/article in particular cannae be right, surely? It reads like a Celtic fan has written bits of it:

http://www.thecoplandroad.org/2013/06/rangers-exposed.html

Is it a genuine Rangers site having a laugh at theirs and others' or a Celtic piss take? The bits about the rampant lion and Nicky Clarke were particular highlights! :rofl:

It's tounge in cheek, I think... a wee dig at paranoid Celtic fans?

Edit: Just noticed the author of the piece is Andy McGowan - described as; "director of comedy" in their 'about' tab. It's actually quite a funny piece. :lol:

Edited by Sir David Attenborough

I don't think they'd be in a position to do it right away, but I think after a few seasons of cash at those levels combined with large organic income they unfortunately attract, that they'd be up there with the big clubs. Just my opinion.

Aye but they would never have income from Europe to top them up as they can't represent England in Europe.

Edited by hearts151

fabienleclerq

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd, all have bigger fan bases than the bigot brothers.

Based on what? Chelsea aren't a massive club and wouldn't be anywhere near competing without abramovic and Arsenal imo aren't bigger than Celtic either.

I have a strong dislike for them both but after a few years down south they'd be in the hunt for th CL places which is why they'll never be let in.

Good laugh at the back page of this mornings "Sun" - " All Hail The King" it reads - you just could'nt make it up a paper that has in the past slated criminals and tax cheats with a headline like that. It just shows the perverse depth that Scottish Sports journalism has sunk to. You get the impression that if the devil himself appeared with the promise of money to save the Huns he would be welcomed with open arms. They have learned nothing at all over the past few years when it comes to reporting on either cheek of the same erse.

Edited by Deevers

Good laugh at the back page of this mornings "Sun" - " All Hail The King" it reads - you just could'nt make it up a paper that has in the past slated criminals and tax cheats with a headline like that. It just shows the perverse depth that Scottish Sports journalism has sunk to. You get the impression that if the devil himself appeared with the promise of money to save the Huns he would be welcomed with open arms. They have learned nothing at all over the past few years when it comes to reporting on either cheek of the same erse.

I loved FFs 'Lying King' following the SARS judge surmation of him.

Doubt MSM will use that.

What`s to stop King, who allegedly lost ?20M in RIPFC before, telling all who will listen to boycott season ticket monies and put them in HIS ring fenced account, then taking all the money from that to get some of his investment back, and saying thanks for that GIRFUY!!

Hagar the Horrible

Rangers and Celtic have always been global, they have a world wide fan base of ex-pats, They have more supporters social clubs worldwide than any other club, The CL has made Man Utd and Liverpool global brands, Chelsea are made bigger by the cash injection of a sugar daddy. If the OF played in England they would become so massive they would become uncontrollable, Every plastic or actual paddy would have the guilt card played to switch their allegiance. But I can assure you that there is no appetite down south for having them added to the league, they recognise the social problems they would create would outweigh the cash they would generate. Clubs are happy for the pain of one of games, but to have them in English towns and cities every other week the policing bill would put most off alone.

Radio reporting that the fans are backing King and going to set up a fund and withold season ticket cash.

Whilst this is clearly hilarious I do wonder as to the mentality of the folks who would blindly believe King- a liar, cheat and fraudster on a massive scale.

King cannot even be on the board FFS.

When Jim Mccoll (sp) pulled out that was their chance gone

• Maple Leaf locked this topic