The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Arf! Listening to Clyde 1, the patter is they'll be fine once the SEESUN TIKIT MUNNEY comes in.

Spivs gonna spiv. They'll be fleeced time and time again.

:pleasing:

You think that is pleasing? It is Scottish football ( you and I ) that they are fleecing.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You think that is pleasing? It is Scottish football ( you and I ) that they are fleecing.

Since Orcs don't give two shiney shites about Scottish football, hell mend them.

How long will the ST money last? How many Orcs will dare buy one if the only money coming in is a measly ?1.5m in the form of a loan also will they be able to cut the ?1m loss per month if the players are not playing ball.

Since Orcs don't give two shiney shites about Scottish football, hell mend them.

And you don't think that they can, are, and will f+++ over Scottish football just because they can?

What is a spiv? I am also interested to know what the players do for the rest of the season if admin 2 happens? Would they do walking away

What is a spiv? I am also interested to know what the players do for the rest of the season if admin 2 happens? Would they do walking away

I always think of Pvt. Walker from Dads Army.

from dictionary.com

spiv (sp?v)

n

1. Brit a person who makes a living by underhand dealings or swindling; black marketeer

That question should be directed at the ones that run the SFA, However, a spiv in this context is someone that is in it to screw over Scottish football for their own greed with the help of the SFA. Your second question can only be answered when it happens.

Geoff Kilpatrick

And you don't think that they can, are, and will f+++ over Scottish football just because they can?

The people dicking with football in Scotland are the football authorities by applying different sets of rules. The Orcs feeling wronged is a symptom of that, not the cause.

jamboinglasgow

Arf! Listening to Clyde 1, the patter is they'll be fine once the SEESUN TIKIT MUNNEY comes in.

Spivs gonna spiv. They'll be fleeced time and time again.

This could be part of the plan, leak the news that they are getting ?1.5m loan, make it sound like its a sensible thing which will safeguard the future of Rangers (instead of question marks about how sustainable this is) so fans feel positive, buy season tickets and the money comes in, but they are still leaking money badly, are they going to get rid of many in the summer? Is there anyone out of contract in the summer? The fans will demand new signings so they can the board withstand the pressure for similar signings, rather than cheap unglamorous signings which is what they need. I think they will struggle. I think what will happen is they will keep admin from the door into the middle of next season then collapse.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Got to admit, this is not as fun as it used to be. Whyte seems full of it and that's a fair sum of money they've just landed. For a while now I haven't seen much to suggest they won't be just fine in the long run. Shame.

Got to admit, this is not as fun as it used to be. Whyte seems full of it and that's a fair sum of money they've just landed. For a while now I haven't seen much to suggest they won't be just fine in the long run. Shame.

A fair sum of money? To most clubs perhaps but it will only last a couple of months at their burn rate.

An admin event wouldn't allow them to walk away. It would require a second liquidation which would sever the ties with the players (unless they are wanted by and happy to join newco2 of course)

The people dicking with football in Scotland are the football authorities by applying different sets of rules. The Orcs feeling wronged is a symptom of that, not the cause.

They are one and the same, along with the MSM. That is apparent. What is not, to some, is that the ones that are at the top of Scottish football will throw themselves on their own sward and walk away.with the payoff from you know who. Spivtastick? Edited by niblick1874

Ticketus.

kingantti1874

A fair sum of money? To most clubs perhaps but it will only last a couple of months at their burn rate.

An admin event wouldn't allow them to walk away. It would require a second liquidation which would sever the ties with the players (unless they are wanted by and happy to join newco2 of course)

The money only needs to last until they sell next years season tickets, they will reduce outlay on the team so player wages are about 25% of turnover, the variety of owners will fleece them for the rest but they won't vanish... No chance

The money only needs to last until they sell next years season tickets, they will reduce outlay on the team so player wages are about 25% of turnover, the variety of owners will fleece them for the rest but they won't vanish... No chance

How are they going to get the wage bill down that much? Are most of the squad out of contract?

kingantti1874

How are they going to get the wage bill down that much? Are most of the squad out of contract?

It's only 30% of turnover now.. The rest of the money has disappeared into the spivs pockets... They just milked the cow a little too much this year.

Id hazard a guess that theres been a meeting between wallace and the spfl board where the board agreed to help by sneaking in the new "liquidation doesnt matter" clause. Why else was such a rule brought in under the radar. Its a major change to the rules that goes against all the financial fair play stuff thats supposedly the new mantra around european football.

And scotland wants independence. We cant even run a fair football league.

Phil D. Corners

That's what I'm thinking. What are they going to do and when are they going to start doing it.

The current actions of the board defi logic. (Not sure if I buy the whole controlled Admin stuff.)

It's only 30% of turnover now.. The rest of the money has disappeared into the spivs pockets... They just milked the cow a little too much this year.

How much of the other costs can easily be reduced immediately though? I'm not convinced anyone outwith Rangers knows the answer to that question.

I

What? Maybe if we were, we would have the chance to do just that. .

jamboinglasgow

That's what I'm thinking. What are they going to do and when are they going to start doing it.

The current actions of the board defi logic. (Not sure if I buy the whole controlled Admin stuff.)

Just had a look at transfermarkt.co.uk to get an idea on Rangers contracts. Nearly all contracts dont seem to end this summer:

Lee Wallace - 2017

Cammy Bell - 2017

Sebastion Faure - 2015

Lee McCulloch - 2015

Bilel Moshni - 2015

Steven Smith - 2015

Ricky Foster - 2015

Ian Black - 2015

Arnold Peralta - 2017

David Templeton - 2016

Nicky Law - 2016

Dean Shiels - 2016

Andy Little - 2015

Jon Daly - 2015

Nicky Clark - 2016

There appears only to be five players who are out of contract at the end of the season: Steve Simonson, Cribari, Alan Smith (20 year old goalkeeper,) Kyle Hutton and Kamil Wiktorski (20 year old.)

Not easy to make drastic reductions, they got to hope people will buy Rangers players.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Thought that 30% was just the players' wages. Aren't the total wages at the club are a much greater percentage?

Just had a look at transfermarkt.co.uk to get an idea on Rangers contracts. Nearly all contracts dont seem to end this summer:

Lee Wallace - 2017

Cammy Bell - 2017

Sebastion Faure - 2015

Lee McCulloch - 2015

Bilel Moshni - 2015

Steven Smith - 2015

Ricky Foster - 2015

Ian Black - 2015

Arnold Peralta - 2017

David Templeton - 2016

Nicky Law - 2016

Dean Shiels - 2016

Andy Little - 2015

Jon Daly - 2015

Nicky Clark - 2016

There appears only to be five players who are out of contract at the end of the season: Steve Simonson, Cribari, Alan Smith (20 year old goalkeeper,) Kyle Hutton and Kamil Wiktorski (20 year old.)

Not easy to make drastic reductions, they got to hope people will buy Rangers players.

kingantti1874

How much of the other costs can easily be reduced immediately though? I'm not convinced anyone outwith Rangers knows the answer to that question.

The other costs like 500k for everyone to celebrate promotion to div 2

The Mighty Thor

The other costs like 500k for everyone to celebrate promotion to div 2

Any small club winning their first trophy is entitled to celebrate :smug:

I imagine that the 1.5 million will eventually be re-payed from next season's ticket income. It just saves them them the embarrassment of going to the supporters early.

Footballfirst

If you measure the ratio like every other club, then the figure from their last accounts was 94%. Of course they claimed it was only 43%, but that's because they only counted their first team wages and not the wage costs of the whole business. More spivology!

Edited by Footballfirst

I imagine that the 1.5 million will eventually be re-payed from next season's ticket income. It just saves them them the embarrassment of going to the supporters early.

Paid back by future shares I'm sure I read somewhere.

Any small club winning their first trophy is entitled to celebrate :smug:

Not if they cheated. Where is spamhead.net when they are neaded. :uhoh2:

Id hazard a guess that theres been a meeting between wallace and the spfl board where the board agreed to help by sneaking in the new "liquidation doesnt matter" clause. Why else was such a rule brought in under the radar. Its a major change to the rules that goes against all the financial fair play stuff thats supposedly the new mantra around european football.

There hasn't been any change in the rules. The proposed rule on how to treat a licence transfer (generally due to liquidation) was not implemented.

Wish people would stop banging on about this ?30m as though it had been promised to him. He just said that's how much it would take to mount a title challenge when they're back up.

Wish people would stop banging on about this ?30m as though it had been promised to him. He just said that's how much it would take to mount a title challenge when they're back up.

And the rest...

What? Maybe if we were, we would have the chance to do just that. .

Here's an idea!

Why don't they appoint a guardian for every team - or, even one for every player?

Just think of the fun they would have!

Hagar the Horrible

#

Even better than that its only about 50% of ticket collections (ST and walk up sales) Management team ?1.5m and it the spivs that are fleecing the rest, however the upkeep of Ibrox and MP is about ?1m per month (salaries, repairs, housekeeping) Its costing them ?1m per month over and above income to keep going, , but the additional problem is they have not been spending on Ibrox and its getting run down, the repair bills are mounting Get rid of the Spivs and they get rid of all their worries, they need credit facilities, but under good governance they could have so easily have been a sound viable business. But running a football club is not part of the Spivs primary plan.

Charlie-Brown

Sorry Hagar getting rid of the Spiv would of course help them and stopped them being fleeced but they are still not financially viable, the total salary costs and operating costs still exceed revenues as their cost base is simply far too high and its been that way for at least 2 decades. Rangers can only ever cover costs or make a profit in the champions league group stages every year they don't make the big pay day from the Champions League they make thumping losses. Fundamentally their club is unsustainable when it's been run on the Souness / Murray / Smith / McCoist model.

Edited by Charlie-Brown

Hagar the Horrible

Sorry Hagar getting rid of the Spiv would of course help them and stopped them being fleeced but they are still not financially viable, the total salary costs and operating costs still exceed revenues as their cost base is simply far too high and its been that way for at least 2 decades. Rangers can only ever cover costs or make a profit in the champions league group stages every year they don't make the big pay day from the Champions League they make thumping losses. Fundamentally their club is unsustainable when it's been run on the Souness / Murray / Smith / McCoist model.

That's the crux of the matter, when SDM first came in the budgeted their costs on winning nothing, and they had the additional income from the pools, but its got so out of control the orcs wont allow mediocrity on the pitch, then came the "for every ?5 timothy spends we will spend ?10". now they need to cut their cloth, getting rid of the Spivs is the first big step, the second step in to educate Ra Peepul that they are not a big club any more, unless they get there organically, because wasting ?30m to win the 3rd division is insane, what will they need to spend next year, just to be competitive with us? If they ran a model similar to the FoH, its different when the spending becomes their money and not some rich sugar daddy.

Im sure no one has forgotten, but the season we finished 2nd and rangers 3rd, exposed their reliance on champions league money.. It certainly made me sit up and notice how vulnerable their finance's were. If only Celtic could fail to make the group stages, this would see them reducing the number of dud foreigners they are bringing in to our game.

Is it possible for sevco to raise anther share issue to raise another 20 million or are the Orcs starting to figure out the Spivs and enough is enough

Is there a break down of what the 'Staff costs' are?

In the accounts staff costs are ?17.943 Million, and that's the big thing that people are going on about.

How is this split between playing and non playing staff. According to the accounts there 196 members of staff but only 50 were football players.

Just a guess but were Mather, Green, Smith, Stockbridge, and other now gone director's on silly wages. Looking at the books Directors were paid ?1.5M with ?900k going to Green alone. I'm interested to see if there other high non mentioned earners like Imran Ahmed?

I guess we will find out when next round of accounts come out?

Charlie-Brown

The arithmetic is simple, they lost ?14M total wages were ?18M and claimed first team squad wages ?8M so even if they could eliminate all other staff costs (which they can't) saving themselves at best ?10M they are still at least ?4M loss making elsewhere in the business.

Hagar the Horrible

Is there a break down of what the 'Staff costs' are?

In the accounts staff costs are ?17.943 Million, and that's the big thing that people are going on about.

How is this split between playing and non playing staff. According to the accounts there 196 members of staff but only 50 were football players.

Just a guess but were Mather, Green, Smith, Stockbridge, and other now gone director's on silly wages. Looking at the books Directors were paid ?1.5M with ?900k going to Green alone. I'm interested to see if there other high non mentioned earners like Imran Ahmed?

I guess we will find out when next round of accounts come out?

I think the Spivs were also creaming bonuses of 100% of salary, for winning the 3rd division. But it should also be taken into account is that startup costs would have been astronomical as we as the Green consortium received 100% of their investment from the IPO, so Green and his spivs paid ?5.5m got ?11m back and still hold the controlling stake in the club, nice work if you can get it, But that's where the fans are mental, they raised over ?20m in the shares issue, but could have bought the whole club 4 times over that if they put in a bid themselves (mind you D&P were involved) For the sake of the game as a whole ok its fun watching them melt, but they to get their brown stuff together and get the spivs out of the game

To be fair, it's two organisations run by an Englishman and an Australian, conspiring on behalf of 'Irish' and 'British' teams...

Have I missed something or aren't they supposed to be playing Albion rovers in the cup ?

Despite the mega wages The Hun are paying their staff they just cant attract the quality.

ysanu2ab.jpg

Hmfc the team for me ...

I think the Spivs were also creaming bonuses of 100% of salary, for winning the 3rd division. But it should also be taken into account is that startup costs would have been astronomical as we as the Green consortium received 100% of their investment from the IPO, so Green and his spivs paid ?5.5m got ?11m back and still hold the controlling stake in the club, nice work if you can get it, But that's where the fans are mental, they raised over ?20m in the shares issue, but could have bought the whole club 4 times over that if they put in a bid themselves (mind you D&P were involved) For the sake of the game as a whole ok its fun watching them melt, but they to get their brown stuff together and get the spivs out of the game

once the spivs are in the door they won't depart until all the money is gone

• Maple Leaf locked this topic