The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

alwaysthereinspirit

Now, there are recent precedents for punishment there....

That was last years rules. They have new rules now for situations just like this.

Newco will be just fine.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That was last years rules. They have new rules now for situations just like this.

Newco will be just fine.

Exactly this.

Tomorrows Record saying they can't pay this month's wages apparently.

But Sally wants ?30M to win the league?

They ain't getting it eh?

Edited by T o p S e c r e t

Also, I always remember the 16th of each month, the media would camp outside Tynie, they'd be tapping up staff, reporting walk outs etc etc, wonder if we'll see the same on the 27th??

Guest Bilel Mohsni

e9ady3a3.jpg

Failing to make payroll would be a good indicator of lack of funds. They'll not want this to happen at all.

Hmfc the team for me ...

I'll be delighted if I'm wrong. Couldn't read the text on that front page, but from the headline it just looks like a speculation piece based on Dave King's previous comments. Am I missing something more concrete?

Geoff Kilpatrick

If they fail to do so, I will trust that the mutant will be as active in commenting as he was when we did so.

:rolleyes:

Geoff Kilpatrick

So the get out would be: "New body, New laws", presumably?

New body, new laws, newco, new structure, new name it...

Footballfirst

Failure to pay wages = signing ban.

What? Only if you play in Maroon and White? Right then...

Hearts were only censured for their first offence for not paying wages in September 2012.

They were then given a 60 day registration ban after the second offence for non payment in October 2012

For the third offence they were given a similar ban until wages were paid and a restriction on signing over 21 players until the end of the season in December 2012.

If Rangers don't pay wages in February, then I would only expect, at most, a censure and a registration ban until the overdue wages were paid.

Hagar the Horrible

What I liked about that headline, faked or otherwise is Wallace stating Sevco wont go into Administration under his watch! Is that an early sign he is quitting?

But Sally wants ?30M to win the league?

They ain't getting it eh?

Its like a soap opera at Ibrox,every day either Super Salary or Elbows come away with statements that anyone with half a brain cell can tell you they are crazy.

What I liked about that headline, faked or otherwise is Wallace stating Sevco wont go into Administration under his watch! Is that an early sign he is quitting?

Rumours to that effect been swilling about for the last month.

Footballfirst

There is a hearing underway today in the action by several parties, including BDO (Oldco) against lawyers Collyer Bristow. It seems as if the CF materials will be admitted in evidence.

I wonder if the SMSM and the SFA/SPFL will continue to ignore the tapes and emails.

---------------------------------------------------------

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman 4m

Lawyers for ?Oldco? Rangers make motion to bring ?Charlotte recordings? into evidence

Now doing detailed argument over @charlottefakes tapes. CB lawyers also want them in.

Football ?forum? posts on charlotte tapes now being placed in evidence.

?Charlotte emails? not followed up by press in ?post-Leveson world? says counsel for CB

Charlotte tapes ?published? so confidentiality lost says counsel for CB

Lawyer for CB says Craig Whyte has emailed court and has ?no objection? to @Charlottefakes material being used in evidence.

claiments say some ?Charlotte? material privlaged, counsel for CB say is in public domain so should be allowed to hear all of it

No police objection to Charlotte material being used as evidence court hears

Police withdrew objection over ?Charlotte material? on Feb 13 court hears

Court ends, judge rules "Charlotte"material is admissible in full trial as no police objections.

alex thomson ?@alextomo 5m

So - finally some of the Charlotte Fakes material may be legally published by the MSM

Edited by Footballfirst

There is a hearing underway today in the action by several parties, including BDO (Oldco) against lawyers Collyer Bristow.

So what is this all about?

Hagar the Horrible

There is a hearing underway today in the action by several parties, including BDO (Oldco) against lawyers Collyer Bristow. It seems as if the CF materials will be admitted in evidence.

I wonder if the SMSM and the SFA/SPFL will continue to ignore the tapes and emails.

Lawyers for ?Oldco? Rangers make motion to bring ?Charlotte recordings? into evidence

Now doing detailed argument over @charlottefakes tapes. CB lawyers also want them in.

?Charlotte emails? not followed up by press in ?post-Leveson world? says counsel for CB

Lawyer for CB says Craig Whyte has emailed court and has ?no objection? to @Charlottefakes material being used in evidence.

claiments say some ?Charlotte? material privlaged, counsel for CB say is in public domain so should be allowed to hear all of it

Court ends, judge rules "Charlotte"material is admissible in full trial as no police objections.

So - finally some of the Charlotte Fakes material may be legally published by the MSM

What is also interesting it the switch between Green and Whyte and Whyte's companies, switching directorship yet again? something has been agreed upon????? I think we are with 14 days of knowing how bad things are, Perhaps the courts will expose who CF is, which might give credibility to the whole thing, and the evidence that has been in the public domain for over a year now. This coupled with the imminent prediction that the cash is about to run out, some how all the planets look to be aligning. Is this part 2 in the End Game trilogy, Time to bulk buy popcorn again.

Footballfirst

So what is this all about?

Here's some background

The financial collapse of Rangers FC put in the public eye the club?s relationship with its professional advisers, including Collyer Bristow and former partner Gary Withey.

Withey quit the firm in March after he became embroiled in the Glasgow club?s administration because he had advised businessman Craig Whyte on his takeover of the club in 2011.

Duff & Phelps were appointed as the original administrators of the club and, in March last year, announced it would take action against the firm.

When liquidators Cohen & Stephen took over the wind-down of the club it pledged to carry on the case. The firm has lodged a Part 20 claim against private equity firm Merchant Turnaround.

Collyer Bristow stands accused of ?deliberate deception? over Whyte?s doomed bid for the club.

The court heard at a pre-trial hearing in April that Collyer Bristow is alleged to have been involved in conspiracy, breach of undertaking, negligence and breach of trust, with Withey ? who acted as the club?s company secretary ? complicit in the allegations.

It was revealed that when Whyte agreed a majority stake takeover offer in May 2011 he also pledged to pay off the club?s ?18m debt to Lloyds Banking Group and invest ?9.5m of ?new money? in the club. This included ?5m for players, ?2.8m to HMRC and ?1.7m for capital expenditure.

That offer persuaded then director Paul Murray and the board not to launch an alternative ?25m share issue to generate the money needed to stabilise the club. Instead, the court was told, they agreed to Whyte?s takeover, with Collyer Bristow acting for Whyte.

Administrators were called in February 2012 and various parties ? including HMRC, private equity firm Merchant Turnaround and Jerome Pension Fund trustees ? lobbied to reclaim their stakes in Rangers.

The firm says it will vigorously defend the claims. Withey had originally applied to intervene in the case, but has now withdrawn his application.

This battle will be closely followed by firms and fans alike as it promises to lay bare the firm?s relationship with Whyte and the club.?

http://www.thelawyer.com/analysis/market-analysis/practice-areas/litigation-analysis/cohen-and-stephen-liquidators-of-rangers-fc-and-ors-v-collyer-bristow/1016288.article

Here's some background

The financial collapse of Rangers FC put in the public eye the club?s relationship with its professional advisers, including Collyer Bristow and former partner Gary Withey.

Withey quit the firm in March after he became embroiled in the Glasgow club?s administration because he had advised businessman Craig Whyte on his takeover of the club in 2011.

Duff & Phelps were appointed as the original administrators of the club and, in March last year, announced it would take action against the firm.

When liquidators Cohen & Stephen took over the wind-down of the club it pledged to carry on the case. The firm has lodged a Part 20 claim against private equity firm Merchant Turnaround.

Collyer Bristow stands accused of ?deliberate deception? over Whyte?s doomed bid for the club.

The court heard at a pre-trial hearing in April that Collyer Bristow is alleged to have been involved in conspiracy, breach of undertaking, negligence and breach of trust, with Withey ? who acted as the club?s company secretary ? complicit in the allegations.

It was revealed that when Whyte agreed a majority stake takeover offer in May 2011 he also pledged to pay off the club?s ?18m debt to Lloyds Banking Group and invest ?9.5m of ?new money? in the club. This included ?5m for players, ?2.8m to HMRC and ?1.7m for capital expenditure.

That offer persuaded then director Paul Murray and the board not to launch an alternative ?25m share issue to generate the money needed to stabilise the club. Instead, the court was told, they agreed to Whyte?s takeover, with Collyer Bristow acting for Whyte.

Administrators were called in February 2012 and various parties ? including HMRC, private equity firm Merchant Turnaround and Jerome Pension Fund trustees ? lobbied to reclaim their stakes in Rangers.

The firm says it will vigorously defend the claims. Withey had originally applied to intervene in the case, but has now withdrawn his application.

This battle will be closely followed by firms and fans alike as it promises to lay bare the firm?s relationship with Whyte and the club.?

http://www.thelawyer...1016288.article

Brilliant FF, thanks. There should be quite enough dirt involved in this action to keep me happy.

Here's some background

http://www.thelawyer.com/analysis/market-analysis/practice-areas/litigation-analysis/cohen-and-stephen-liquidators-of-rangers-fc-and-ors-v-collyer-bristow/1016288.article

Speaking to a Rangers fan at the weekend and he seems to think the CF stuff inclusion would be good for Rangers, it'll prove a fraudulent take over and the club will make a case against the SFA for reinstatement into the SPL. My complete lack of knowledge left me open to this debate as ridiculous as it seemed - whats the scoop from the experts ??

tartofmidlothian

Huge development in this story? Looks like it.

Hagar the Horrible

We will now know that the C/fakes tapes are 100% genuine, & we'll read transcripts of unpublished material too... Spivtastic. ...

No question the tapes are genuine, but how real is the emails and reports? Accepting one as gospel makes the other credible, and of course the source/provenance, there is a flood of info that publishing in a paper a year after the leak into the public domain makes it a nightmare of how much to publish at a time, there is a serial in this, but the MSM will still try to print it as some sort of exclusive and claim this has just been leaked. Somebodies world is about to be turned upside down.

Just for the record and a prediction of who CF is ..........Not me, but I do have an incline

Footballfirst

Speaking to a Rangers fan at the weekend and he seems to think the CF stuff inclusion would be good for Rangers, it'll prove a fraudulent take over and the club will make a case against the SFA for reinstatement into the SPL. My complete lack of knowledge left me open to this debate as ridiculous as it seemed - whats the scoop from the experts ??

I'm not so sure that the takeover of the club by Whyte was fraudulent, however I do believe that he and Withey misrepresented the funding situation to some of the investors.

For those who have said that it was Whyte was who caused the downfall of RFC, then they are revisionists.

Rangers went into administration in February 2012. It would have occurred in October 2011 (just 5 months after the takeover) had Whyte not withheld VAT and PAYE from the taxman to fund the club for a few months more. If anything, the final nail in RFC's coffin was McCoist's failure to get RFC into the CL and EL groups.

Edited by Footballfirst

Hagar the Horrible

It's the material Whyte has submitted that is not in the public domain I'm interested in. The spfl & Sfa won't like some of the material putting them in a bad light either.. All in open court too, so daily updates in proceedings as well.

It is the gift that keeps on giving. I am not sure Whyte has so far allowed CF to leak everything, so is there still a smoking gun? I am going to audition to play Whyte in the film.

Hmfc the team for me ...

Not sure - it potentially unravels the whole original liquidation process so that the assets of sevco (ie the stadium etc) are pulled back away from sevco and go towards creditors such as the HMRC etc.....and the Big Tax Case becomes more relevant.

Not sure though, its technically over my head

I'm not so sure that the takeover of the club by Whyte was fraudulent, however I do believe that he and Withey misrepresented the funding situation to some of the investors.

For those who have said that it was Whyte was who caused the downfall of RFC, then they are revisionists.

Rangers went into administration in February 2012. It would have occurred in October 2011 (just 5 months after the takeover) had Whyte not withheld VAT and PAYE from the taxman to fund the club for a few months more. If anything, the final nail in RFC's coffin was McCoist's failure to get RFC into the CL and EL groups.

So in your opinion FF what if any will be the impact on Rangers case for reinstatement if CF's material is proven ?

Hagar the Horrible

I wonder if there are people inside the SFA/SPL and the SPFL thinking about getting industrial shredders in? I would love it if the level of conspiracy does expose how bad it is in our country. Everything from the 5 way agreement to who killed JFK. I do hope there is new material to mull over

Resignations being drafted as we speak over Hampden way. :liesalarm:

They've less shame than a dug that sits beside a pile of shite with a flag sticking out of it with his face on.

Resignations? I'll tell the jokes.

Francis Albert

I wonder if there are people inside the SFA/SPL and the SPFL thinking about getting industrial shredders in? I would love it if the level of conspiracy does expose how bad it is in our country. Everything from the 5 way agreement to who killed JFK. I do hope there is new material to mull over

Anything the SFA and SPL had will have been shredded long ago. Absolute disgrace that there has been no enquiry into the SPL/SFA handling of whole Rangers/Sevco

affair. Only took six hours to arrange an emergency board meeting when they wrongly thought we had breached their "orders" on late payment, orders themselves made up with no

basis in the rules in force at the time.

1794726_10203447834295867_1446453186_n.jpg

???????????

I prefer this rumour tbh.

Rubbish of course, but most rumours are..

The hordes are getting very uneasy about the C/F material being aired in court after they constantly denied it as real. That balloon was well & truly burst by today's events

Can somebody explain these last couple posts to me?

Francis Albert

Even if the takeover was fraudulent how would that make a case for "Rangers" reinstatement to the SP(F)L?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic