Rangers haven't lost the tax case just yet

Greedy_Jambo

Geoff Kilpatrick

What's this?

"As The Daily Telegraph exclusively revealed on Jan 20, Rangers will also be legally bound to refund ?7.7 million to debenture holders ? who pledged that money to fund the building of the Club Deck in 1991 ? should the club be placed in administration"

:jjyay:

:yas:

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Problem Officer?

What's this?

"As The Daily Telegraph exclusively revealed on Jan 20, Rangers will also be legally bound to refund ?7.7 million to debenture holders ? who pledged that money to fund the building of the Club Deck in 1991 ? should the club be placed in administration"

Rumours circulating that Super Ally has packed it in. Such a sad end to a beautiful honest friendship :sob:

:pleasingao:

as more and more of this stuff comes out, it is starting to seem like they are really, really, genuinely, seriously, truly up shit creek without a sash...

:pleasing:

What's this?

Presumably they'll only see their money if there's funds available, and if the Club goes into administration there won't be funds available - so they're screwed.... :unsure:

I'll be rushing home from work tonight to listen to real radio, living in London that sounds sad but I think tonight's show could be a good one.

I also hope our mad one comes out and has a swipe at rangers today. That'd be nice.

Did rangers really think they could sign holt from Norwich..... Wtf.

I would doubt it.... :unsure:

But I recon they thought they could fool the Bears into thinking they were really trying to sign players.... :blink:

kingantti1874

I would doubt it.... :unsure:

But I recon they thought they could fool the Bears into thinking they were really trying to sign players.... :blink:

I Agree, no way were they serious about temps or holt... Tey have shat it of bids were accepted...

On a serious note - we are never going to see the lee Wallace money are we... How stupid we're we not to negotiate the money up front... Can we take them to court like their other creditors to secure the funds?

Geoff Kilpatrick

I Agree, no way were they serious about temps or holt... Tey have shat it of bids were accepted...

On a serious note - we are never going to see the lee Wallace money are we... How stupid we're we not to negotiate the money up front... Can we take them to court like their other creditors to secure the funds?

On what grounds? They haven't missed a payment....yet!

However, it is important leverage to stop Rangers Newco walking back into the SP Hell as the likes of that fud Doncaster desire.

I heard some knuckledragger on Real radio saying Rangers were not in crisis, unbelievable!

I think it is good to know that Romanov helped in some way towards Rangers' difficulties by depriving them of 2 seasons worth of Champions League money. He must be feeling a bit smug now.

Good point, that's about 30 mil altogether isn't it? Probably enough to have done a deal with the taxman. What a shame! Go Vlad! :lol:

Somebody please point this out to Chick Young :D

On what grounds? They haven't missed a payment....yet!

However, it is important leverage to stop Rangers Newco walking back into the SP Hell as the likes of that fud Doncaster desire.

I think, and I may be wrong, but I think that if Rangers went bust prior to the end of the season, the SPL coule(would?) give usour dues from any prize money/tv money still to be divied up.

But of course Rangers will pay. As a committed member of the SPL they will no doubt not wish to breach article 3.1 and will behave in the utmost good faith...

Whytes gettin it stinking but these ****s puttin the boot in are the clowns that got them into the mess in the first place, like aye cheers lads. lolfest allround tho

Footballfirst

What's this?

It's an old story. RFC have 6,050 debenture holders who contributed ?7.736M towards the costs of building the club deck. In the event of insolvency those bonds become repayable immediately. However, as unsecured creditors, they will get next to nothing back.

Just some filler stories in the Record this mornong

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/02/01/rangers-icon-john-greig-ex-chairman-john-mcclelland-deliver-stark-warning-to-owner-craig-whyte-don-t-ruin-our-club-86908-23730169/

surely being in that much debt to fans would make a rangers newco unviable as whyte would be directly ******* over the fans?

I take it that David Murray has now given permission (told ?) the Daily Record that it is ok to write negative articles about Rangers.

When, when, when will all this come to a head? I'm desperate to see the shit hit the fan and watch as hoardes of glory hunters abandon their team.

Come on HMRC - get your finger out!!!!

I cant see how hmrc wont win this

They tend not to just make it up that you owe them money and when you do, you have to pay

Whats the court case about? Surely its a open and shut case?

Johanes de Silentio

Police presence required at Ibrox for later today?

No idea why.

Just passing on what I was TELT.

I think, and I may be wrong, but I think that if Rangers went bust prior to the end of the season, the SPL coule(would?) give usour dues from any prize money/tv money still to be divied up.

But of course Rangers will pay. As a committed member of the SPL they will no doubt not wish to breach article 3.1 and will behave in the utmost good faith...

This is the case - I'm pretty sure they don't receive any of their SPL dues until they've settled all debts with member clubs.

I see that the "Sun" have now taken over the records mantle as arselickers in chief for Whyte.

http://www.thescotti...e-all-talk.html

Two comments on the Sun website -

ITS WELL KNOWING WHO HIS GRAND=FATHER IS

It's all beginning to make sense now. Whyte is a secret Celtic supporter from a famous Celtic family and the nephew of Desmond (ex Celtic chairman). Let's all sit back and applaude this genius.

Hilarious if true : the same Whyte family that drove Celtic to the wall (Bank of Scotalnd and the biscuit tin mentality) will also oversee the final demise of Rangers. :lol:

Police presence required at Ibrox for later today?

No idea why.

Just passing on what I was TELT.

A Gers supporting mate of mine said that there was a press conference called for late morning/early afternoon and that he'd heard Ally had walked and it was admin by the weekend.

We both doubt it but you never know with this circus....

A Gers supporting mate of mine said that there was a press conference called for late morning/early afternoon and that he'd heard Ally had walked and it was admin by the weekend.

Please, please meke this happen, but to be honest I think I used all my wishes up with the new Rudi contract.

Although I know the chances of this are slim and none, you'd have to sew my sides back up if that's how it played out. :jjyay:

"STV understands Rangers are unlikely to make any further additions to their squad, won't land any of three targets" - . Cant afford to buy players from St Johnstone or Motherwell and outbid by Hibs. If that is the case then all the talk from Craig Whyte of transfer funds was complete rubbish. They really are in trouble

I wish Romanov accepted their no doubt derisory bid that they were confirdent we'd never accept for Temps, just for a shits and giggles. Imagine them squirming. "What - you accept our offer - oh - right - well, erm, actually, we've changed our minds because...well, we just have".

Maybe the press are starting to wake up and recognise who the true crisis club in Scottish football are.

Hagar the Horrible

Loads of questions need answered here, but what is mising is another serious investigative journo to realy did deep and discover the entire finacial wrangle they have put themselves in, I would like to think if this was Vlad it would have been done already and not just conjecture.

If they (Whyte) borrowed ?24 from future season ticket sales over the next 4 years, (13333 briefs x ?450 x 4 years +interest)

Where did this money go, did it get redirected to fund his own takeover ?18m to Lloyds and use the rest for cash flow

or did it all go into cash flow.

so even without the tax man they owe

?24m to Ticketus

?18m to Whyte

?1m to us

?10m to everybody else, thats over ?53m for a company with a turnover of only ?35m, they still have to pay tax even if they win which will be about another ?10m with immediate effect or ?48m if they loose

Great stuff if the numbers do add up even better if they dont :down:

Hagar the Horrible

I wish Romanov accepted their no doubt derisory bid that they were confirdent we'd never accept for Temps, just for a shits and giggles. Imagine them squirming. "What - you accept our offer - oh - right - well, erm, actually, we've changed our minds because...well, we just have".

Maybe the press are starting to wake up and recognise who the true crisis club in Scottish football are.

As it was put to me by being outbid by Hibs, Rangers were not only outbid by an old tramp they were out bid by his dug!!!

Loads of questions need answered here, but what is mising is another serious investigative journo to realy did deep and discover the entire finacial wrangle they have put themselves in, I would like to think if this was Vlad it would have been done already and not just conjecture.

If they (Whyte) borrowed ?24 from future season ticket sales over the next 4 years, (13333 briefs x ?450 x 4 years +interest)

Where did this money go, did it get redirected to fund his own takeover ?18m to Lloyds and use the rest for cash flow

or did it all go into cash flow.

so even without the tax man they owe

?24m to Ticketus

?18m to Whyte

?1m to us

?10m to everybody else, thats over ?53m for a company with a turnover of only ?35m, they still have to pay tax even if they win which will be about another ?10m with immediate effect or ?48m if they loose

Great stuff if the numbers do add up even better if they dont :down:

Is it possible he has put the ?24 million aside to help pay the tax bill?

I thought that was just to pay running costs currently.

heres a "I got a txt" statement, Gers related so couldnt be arsed startin another Gers thread

Mcoist out Billy Davies In, from Derek Ferguson.

Dunno if DF said in on air thats all the txt said, just passing on credible or not

Walter Bishop

Rumours on Rangers media and kerrydale street McCoist is on his way and Gordon Smith will be taking over!!!!

:rofl:

Walter Bishop

And what about wages and running costs?

john brownlee

just wondering is there any huns in the parilment/government because in today PM questions a pompey MP ask Mr Cameron to intervene and for the IR to be leinent with pompey to stop them going to the wall

I've heard that the tax case went well for Rangers, and the Revenue have asked for even more time to put their case across. Law Lord is getting frustrated with HMRC and may annul the case completely if the HMRC don't get their fingers out.

Just passing on what I've heard from a pretty credible source.

I've heard that the tax case went well for Rangers, and the Revenue have asked for even more time to put their case across. Law Lord is getting frustrated with HMRC and may annul the case completely if the HMRC don't get their fingers out.

Listen Watty, I was perfectly happy in this wee glowy bubble thinking that all things hunish was gonna go tats up in the near future. Please dont post stuff that will ruin that. It may be correct it may have merit, I simply dont want to hear it so refrain. WE DONT WANT TO KNOW (unless they are feked that is)

And what about wages and running costs?

I don't know. I was just asking.

The ex-directors want to know where the ?24 million has went. It was just an idea.

Listen Watty, I was perfectly happy in this wee glowy bubble thinking that all things hunish was gonna go tats up in the near future. Please dont post stuff that will ruin that. It may be correct it may have merit, I simply dont want to hear it so refrain. WE DONT WANT TO KNOW (unless they are feked that is)

Sorry mate, just passing on what I heard. Will refrain when you are about. :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I see that the "Sun" have now taken over the records mantle as arselickers in chief for Whyte.

http://www.thescotti...e-all-talk.html

Good stuff... I was worried that we would see an uprising from the bears -that might have somehow minimized the damage done- against Whyte... This way, many of them will still have an out to feed them stories about how everything is okay and that they must back the owner. :thumbsup:

heres a "I got a txt" statement, Gers related so couldnt be arsed startin another Gers thread

Mcoist out Billy Davies In, from Derek Ferguson.

Dunno if DF said in on air thats all the txt said, just passing on credible or not

Thats a rumour thats been doing the rounds since Whyte took over. IIRC, Whyte and Davies are friends.

I cant help but feel if that was the case, it would be out in the mainstream media by now.

Thats a rumour thats been doing the rounds since Whyte took over. IIRC, Whyte and Davies are friends.

I cant help but feel if that was the case, it would be out in the mainstream media by now.

Ah but are they as "friendly" as Davies and Tommy Sheridan ?? :rolleyes:

Chester, you are correct.

Have heard the same thing since day one that Whyte didn't want McCoist and wanted to bring in his own man, who would be Davies.

Looks like he would need to hunt McCoist from the premises though as there is little chance of him chucking it.

I wonder if the media will now start giving McCoist it as tight as they gave it to Jefferies when he was seen to be getting no respect - their words not mine - from the clubs owner in terms of things??

Somehow I don't think I will bother holding my breath......

Archived