chester copperpot

depression

Zlatanable
40 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Folk im really struggling. Been so for a wee while. I can feel it the way it was before. Have scratched hell out back of neck. I don't want to worry family and partner. She is great but always stresses. Don't know who to turn to. Sorry!! 

You are not alone. 

These conditions we are all in, are not good. 

The governments in the UK, and around the world, are working hard to find solutions, and I trust them. I trust them when they say that things will get better.

I am scared. My fear is my primary instinct now

I am happy to see you again LeftBack, you seem a decent man. 

I don't know if this is helping you, I hope it is. 

Keep in touch, and take care.

LeftBack
3 hours ago, sadj said:

just let it out on here , not one person will judge. I think every person who has posted on this thread has had problems and is here to help.  Without delving into the psychological reasons , can i ask if you are in shape , how your diet is , that kind of thing. Feel free to pm if you dont want to share here. 

Thanks mate. Im doing ok. Just a major wobble but at least i can recognise it now. I like being busy and am exercising well. Partner a key worker and under a lot of pressure and think that has contributed. I think last night i had few wines and everything got on top of me. Miss my boys - although they aren't wee any more! Thanks for being there. 

LeftBack
2 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

You are not alone. 

These conditions we are all in, are not good. 

The governments in the UK, and around the world, are working hard to find solutions, and I trust them. I trust them when they say that things will get better.

I am scared. My fear is my primary instinct now

I am happy to see you again LeftBack, you seem a decent man. 

I don't know if this is helping you, I hope it is. 

Keep in touch, and take care.

I've replied below but thanks mate. As i say i recognised the signs which is why im having tea and toast and not in hospital! Thoughts are genuinely with all those of us who are struggling. As i admitted poor mental health is NOT something that happens to others. 

hisnameisdrewbusby

Leftback, Zlatanable, hello.  I've just found your chat after this thread was pointed out to me.  If you guys want to chat to me and / or other guys who've suffered from poor mental health - just let me know.  I run The Changing Room groups at Tynecastle (when it's open...) in conjunction with SAMH and Big Hearts http://www.bighearts.org.uk/programmes/the-changing-room/

Email address you can get me on is [email protected]

We've also just started a new phone line for people to call me for a chat due to us all being more isolated just now - 0131 603 4929 - 10:30 - 15:00 - Monday to Thursday

And, because we can't meet face to face just now, we've set up regular video calls using Zoom - get in touch if you want to find out more about these and maybe join in with the guys.

Take care,

Dougie

Zlatanable
8 hours ago, hisnameisdrewbusby said:

Leftback, Zlatanable, hello.  I've just found your chat after this thread was pointed out to me.  If you guys want to chat to me and / or other guys who've suffered from poor mental health - just let me know.  I run The Changing Room groups at Tynecastle (when it's open...) in conjunction with SAMH and Big Hearts http://www.bighearts.org.uk/programmes/the-changing-room/

We've also just started a new phone line for people to call me for a chat due to us all being more isolated just now - 0131 603 4929 - 10:30 - 15:00 - Monday to Thursday

And, because we can't meet face to face just now, we've set up regular video calls using Zoom - get in touch if you want to find out more about these and maybe join in with the guys.

Take care,

Dougie

Thanks Dougie, that is decent of you. 

I am ok at the moment, thanks for asking.

Sounds like interesting things going on there. Thank you and everyone else for doing these things. 

Take care

Angel eyes

The scenario of the lockdown is not going to help people who struggle with depression gonna be a tough time nothing to do and a lot of time to think about it.

HMFC01

If I get told I can't get out to exercise that would be a problem at some point.  I need to get out every few days just to change my mood.  Nothing extreme, but I can sympathize with folk that might be worse off.

dobmisterdobster

Take your meds people. Lifestyle changes are necessary but you need to fix your brain chemistry first.

scottishguy
8 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Take your meds people. Lifestyle changes are necessary but you need to fix your brain chemistry first.

Well said mate, just went back on mines after feeling really good for the last 5 months.

Mind beginning to wander again, but I know what I can do to self help due to the amazing NHS workers in St John's in Livingston.

Col1874

This furlough has been a real test for me as I've been ready bad in the past, I've taken good knows how many overdoses in the past and ended up in hospital as a result, horrible stuff and hopefully something which remains in the past. 

So far everything has been fine. I really don't want to see myself go down the same path as before but the lack of day to day variety is really challenging me 😟

hisnameisdrewbusby

Folks, just repeating what I said a few days ago to Zlatanable and LeftBack.

If you guys want to chat to me and / or other guys who've suffered from poor mental health - just let me know.  I run The Changing Room groups at Tynecastle (when it's open...) in conjunction with SAMH and Big Hearts http://www.bighearts.org.uk/programmes/the-changing-room/

We've also just started a new phone line for people to call me for a chat due to us all being more isolated just now - 0131 603 4929 - Monday to Thursday - 10:30am - 3:00pm.  

Since posting last week, I've also got a way of doing plain old conference calls rather than video if you don't have access to something that can handle them (though, zoom that we're using does work on Android, iOS, Tablet and laptop). 

I'm no counsellor, so don't want to oversell what this is, but my experience is that a good group chat can help get stuff of your chest and stop it going round and round in your head.

Take care,

Dougie