depression

chester copperpot

rudi must stay
38 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Some Drs can lack the human touch but at my surgery the GPs are terrific. They really are.  Maybe think about changing GPs? 

I heard that cancer can spread to your bones if you let it. I believe that has happened to me and the x-rays they can cause cancer. It wouldn't surprise me if I had it 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• Captain Canada

rudi must stay

That was what I've been thinking for a few weeks now. Anyway to put it bluntly a gp wouldn't touch me I've revolting mate I would get away from me if I could I'm like the emporer in star wars 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I heard that cancer can spread to your bones if you let it. I believe that has happened to me and the x-rays they can cause cancer. It wouldn't surprise me if I had it 

So you havent got cancer but think you might ?  Only way is to get tests and get treatment mate. 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

So you havent got cancer but think you might ?  Only way is to get tests and get treatment mate. 

I think I'm past that stage 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

What makes you think that?

I would ask that you try be sensitive about discussing cancer as there are many on this who have been affected by it and also survivors of it too. 

rudi must stay
20 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

What makes you think that?

I would ask that you try be sensitive about discussing cancer as there are many on this who have been affected by it and also survivors of it too. 

It would explain why I feel like I do why food tastes crap why I never put on any weight. I hope they received better help than I did 

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

How do you know that though ?   Have you actually spoken to anyone about your fear/suspicion ?    If you keep closing the door on GP services, you'll not be able to get a proper diagnosis (positive or negative) or treatment/support. 

From several online info sites, there's no firm evidence that x-rays or CT scans contribute to an increased  cancer risk.  I think you ought to  abandon  your train of thought about that for your own good.

If you REALLY suspect you may have bone cancer, visit the Cancer Research site for info and support available -

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/what-is-cancer/how-cancers-grow?gclid=1e7a3914b766107fb7325ab8c690492e&gclsrc=3p.ds

3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

How do you know that though ?   Have you actually spoken to anyone about your fear/suspicion ?    If you keep closing the door on GP services, you'll not be able to get a proper diagnosis (positive or negative) or treatment/support. 

From several online info sites, there's no firm evidence that x-rays or CT scans contribute to an increased  cancer risk.  I think you ought to  abandon  your train of thought about that for your own good.

If you REALLY suspect you may have bone cancer, visit the Cancer Research site for info and support available -

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/what-is-cancer/how-cancers-grow?gclid=1e7a3914b766107fb7325ab8c690492e&gclsrc=3p.ds

Good advice. 

14 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It would explain why I feel like I do why food tastes crap why I never put on any weight. I hope they received better help than I did 

Have you been tested for overactive thyroid  or diabetes ?  They can stop you putting on weight.  A simple  blood test can detect this (I think)

Some types of regular prescription  medication can significantly alter your sense of taste, making it all seem bland.

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No more doctors no more tests seen enough doctors to last me a lifetime 

Oh well - not much more anyone on here can say to you about health matters.    

rudi must stay
19 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Oh well - not much more anyone on here can say to you about health matters.    

I wouldn't wager anyone on here has had 3 x-rays 

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

That was what I've been thinking for a few weeks now. Anyway to put it bluntly a gp wouldn't touch me I've revolting mate I would get away from me if I could I'm like the emporer in star wars 

We’re all prone to focussing on the least favourable aspects of ourselves mate, myself included. Whether that be appearance, personality etc, it’s very easy to be your own worst enemy and worry about what people think about you.

From my experience, people are too absorbed by themselves these days to even be bothered about what random people look like.

Ask yourself, when you’ve been out and about, how much do you actually care about peoples appearance or what conditions they may have? I’d hazard a guess that your answer will be “not much”, which is the same answer for the rest of us too.

In this specific scenario, I can guarantee you that there is absolutely nothing a GP hasn’t seen hundreds of times before.

A new year is just around the corner, try and use that as a fresh chapter in your life.

12 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I'm in double figures, i got 3 when I broke my ribs at the age of 16 alone to make sure they were healing properly. There is absolutely zero scientific proof that what you're saying is true. 

You seem locked into a cycle of self-pity and despair, and are looking to pit blame on others for it. You need to find a way out if it. If my struggles through 2022 has taught me anything, it's that you can't lock yourself away from the world and simply hope it gets better. 

Find a hobby, find something that interests you, and then find other people that share the same interests. Humans are social creatures, and the lack of interaction with others is harmful. And there is scientific proof of that. 

rudi must stay
19 minutes ago, trotter said:

I'm in double figures, i got 3 when I broke my ribs at the age of 16 alone to make sure they were healing properly. There is absolutely zero scientific proof that what you're saying is true. 

You seem locked into a cycle of self-pity and despair, and are looking to pit blame on others for it. You need to find a way out if it. If my struggles through 2022 has taught me anything, it's that you can't lock yourself away from the world and simply hope it gets better. 

Find a hobby, find something that interests you, and then find other people that share the same interests. Humans are social creatures, and the lack of interaction with others is harmful. And there is scientific proof of that. 

Ok I appreciate your words 

henrysmithsgloves
32 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I've had that many x-rays, MRI, CT scans I've lost count,even had chemo drugs injected and also taken orally. The injections gave me peripheral neuropathy the others no noticeable effects,but I am and always have been a half glass full type of personality 😁 let's face it ,got the have a positive attitude to follow the famous😊❤️

Edited by henrysmithsgloves

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

I've had that many x-rays, MRI, CT scans I've lost count,even had chemo drugs injected and also taken orally. The injections gave me peripheral neuropathy the others no noticeable effects,but I am and always have been a half glass full type of personality 😁 let's face it ,got the have a positive attitude to follow the famous😊❤️

Ah the old peripheral neuropathy. Wish I got that 

Lost count of how many x rays Ive had. Had 3 last week. Chest, hands and feet. 

38 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Positive attitude always helps. 👍

rudi must stay
18 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Heads shoulders knees and toes 

Christ man, that’s a ridiculous statement.

I would happily wager that most folk on here have had many more than three x-rays in their time.

Your paranoid delusions seem to be getting worse.

This could just be the effect of being on a new cocktail of drugs and there being an adjustment period.

Let's hope it is.

Otherwise you're going to end up sectioned and in residential care.

henrysmithsgloves
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Ah the old peripheral neuropathy. Wish I got that 

Really??? Man you really need some professional help!

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Why worry about something you have absolutely no control over🤣

6 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Why worry about something you have absolutely no control over🤣

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Your paranoid delusions seem to be getting worse.

This could just be the effect of being on a new cocktail of drugs and there being an adjustment period.

Let's hope it is.

Otherwise you're going to end up sectioned and in residential care.

Read this post @rudi must stay.  Read it and take it in.

Cade is so correct with this that it’s untrue.

Get help, Rudi.  🙏

41 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Read this post @rudi must stay.  Read it and take it in.

Cade is so correct with this that it’s untrue.

Get help, Rudi.  🙏

@rudi must stay- for your own good, make contact (via a PM on JKB) with @hisnameisdrewbusby  from Big Hearts. His post above is well-intentioned, and I'm sure he would be most welcoming if you could find the courage to seek  help from the CHanging Room project.    No-one will judge you or laugh at you or look down on you. Please do it.  👍

Doctor FinnBarr

Just over a year ago I started having some serious mental health problems after having an awfy bad year, doctor put me onto some whooppee doo tablets but I decided to give them a miss, didn't even take time off work although it was offered, just thought it was better to carry on as normal.

Cue January, holiday in Tenerife for the wifes birthday, on her birthday she was whipped into hospital to have her Gall bladder removed and I couldn't even phone insurance company because phone wouldn't work (found out after it was a fault on EEs side).  Had sister-in-law on messenger who helped a lot. When we got back I went to work next day....I lasted 2 hours, head was up my arse, I was off for 6 weeks and got the whooppee doo tablets again, took them this time but was given no timescale to come off them so I weaned myself off them.

At the end of the day help offered by medical professionals is almost zero but there is people you can talk to on the phone. My employer (Coop) gave me loads of telephone support and for that I thank them.

5 hours ago, Morgan said:

Christ man, that’s a ridiculous statement.

I would happily wager that most folk on here have had many more than three x-rays in their time.

8 for me.

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

@rudi must stay- for your own good, make contact (via a PM on JKB) with @hisnameisdrewbusby  from Big Hearts. His post above is well-intentioned, and I'm sure he would be most welcoming if you could find the courage to seek  help from the CHanging Room project.    No-one will judge you or laugh at you or look down on you. Please do it.  👍

I’ll second that Rudi . You seem to have been on the up recently but it’s very noticeable the changes in the last few weeks . 

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Just over a year ago I started having some serious mental health problems after having an awfy bad year, doctor put me onto some whooppee doo tablets but I decided to give them a miss, didn't even take time off work although it was offered, just thought it was better to carry on as normal.

Cue January, holiday in Tenerife for the wifes birthday, on her birthday she was whipped into hospital to have her Gall bladder removed and I couldn't even phone insurance company because phone wouldn't work (found out after it was a fault on EEs side).  Had sister-in-law on messenger who helped a lot. When we got back I went to work next day....I lasted 2 hours, head was up my arse, I was off for 6 weeks and got the whooppee doo tablets again, took them this time but was given no timescale to come off them so I weaned myself off them.

At the end of the day help offered by medical professionals is almost zero but there is people you can talk to on the phone. My employer (Coop) gave me loads of telephone support and for that I thank them.

Yes i hit a brick wall in August  this year and sought help , I was thinking I was managing things but I admitted I wasn’t and sought help . 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Support is wonderful and selfless 

13 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

8 for me.

I tried to count mine last night. Over the years, I guess I'm around about 14 or 15.

11 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

8 and how do you feel? Cos I've had 3 and I feel like skin and bone

I just don't see how a single figure of x-rays (or indeed double figures) could turn a previously healthy person into skin and bone?

Are you sure that nothing else could be to blame?

8 and how do you feel? Cos I've had 3 and I feel like skin and bone

Absolutely no different in any way.

Shooter McGavin

If x-rays did debilitate you, then pretty much every professional football player would be crippled.

Think of the amount of x-rays and scans they have during their career, whether it be for injuries or medicals.

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

If x-rays did debilitate you, then pretty much every professional football player would be crippled.

Think of the amount of x-rays and scans they have during their career, whether it be for injuries or medicals.

Why did the doctor say they could weaken my bones then 

8 and how do you feel? Cos I've had 3 and I feel like skin and bone

11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

My Mum told me she only had 1 x-ray not the ****""" tons I had

3, or tons?

🤷🏿‍♂️

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

3, or tons?

🤷🏿‍♂️

Well it seems like 3 to most people means 1 each time but in my case they did repeat ones. God knows why, really dangerous doctoring that has left me skin and bone

rudi must stay

This is what the learning disabled get they get poor treatment and if you think x-rays blood taken stuff like that is good treatment you are a bit warped 

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Why did the doctor say they could weaken my bones then 

I don’t know, but if 3 x-rays were enough to debilitate you, then just about the entire population of the developed world would be crippled.

I think I’ve had about 4 in the last 5 years or so.

Psychedelicropcircle

I’ve a pal who has had a woo-full year,  lost his lad in a road accident in the summer. He’s been to see the doc etc. my question is is there anything I can do? Gutted he’s stuck having dark days!

tried to get him to talk to me but he wasn’t interested maybe with it being this time of year!

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I’ve a pal who has had a woo-full year,  lost his lad in a road accident in the summer. He’s been to see the doc etc. my question is is there anything I can do? Gutted he’s stuck having dark days!

tried to get him to talk to me but he wasn’t interested maybe with it being this time of year!

Send him this message. Yes things are tough but you have your physical health you can still make a life for yourself