depression

chester copperpot

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I don't know what your health issues are but I have noticed that you are struggling to elucidate what is going on at times, which is fair as it happens to us all.

It can also be a bit of a surprise with some health conditions - you can go to the GP with a sore arm or back and find out it's a pain from a totally different area of the body being hurt, which makes it difficult for us to understand the treatment offered.

I'd be very suprised if the health people are trying to harm you but equally if you go in to be at loggerheads with them, you aren't giving yourself or them the opportunity to help you to their best ability.

Do you have a social worker, outreach or support of any kind who could accompany you to appointments that would be impartial and help with the communication between you and the health people? 

That's an idea 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• Captain Canada

10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

What business is it of yours. How would you deal with my situation there is no way out of this they screwed up on me and they are lying to my parents. 2 years of psychiatry, 2 years wasted 

If you don’t think it’s any business of @Cade, or indeed anyone on here, then why do we get these daily updates on what is a public forum.?

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I don't know what your health issues are but I have noticed that you are struggling to elucidate what is going on at times, which is fair as it happens to us all.

It can also be a bit of a surprise with some health conditions - you can go to the GP with a sore arm or back and find out it's a pain from a totally different area of the body being hurt, which makes it difficult for us to understand the treatment offered.

I'd be very suprised if the health people are trying to harm you but equally if you go in to be at loggerheads with them, you aren't giving yourself or them the opportunity to help you to their best ability.

Do you have a social worker, outreach or support of any kind who could accompany you to appointments that would be impartial and help with the communication between you and the health people? 

Good advice . Deferred pain is an odd thing . Shoulder pain , for example can be related to Something completely unrelated to the shoulder . I’ve had it on and off for nearly two years . They think it’s just my arthritis going rampant 

rudi must stay
31 minutes ago, Morgan said:

If you don’t think it’s any business of @Cade, or indeed anyone on here, then why do we get these daily updates on what is a public forum.?

It's a release for me

CloustonHMFC
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It's a release for me

Tbf, if you’re going to comment relentlessly on a public forum about your personal problems you have no right to take the huff when someone passes comment. You make it everyone’s business by posting about it over and over and over again.

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It's a release for me

I that case, I think it is most inappropriate to snap at people who, in the main, have tried to be helpful, caring and have offered some good advice.

Bear in mind that these people are not experts in this field, but are doing the best they can to help.

2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Tbf, if you’re going to comment relentlessly on a public forum about your personal problems you have no right to take the huff when someone passes comment. You make it everyone’s business by posting about it over and over and over again.

Correct, Clouston. 👍

That’s what I was trying to say, several minutes ago.

rudi must stay
15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I that case, I think it is most inappropriate to snap at people who, in the main, have tried to be helpful, caring and have offered some good advice.

Bear in mind that these people are not experts in this field, but are doing the best they can to help.

Ok thanks to Cade. 

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

That's an idea 

Rudi mate, several months ago I sent you a PM telling you about an advocacy service which might be useful to you. They would do exactly what Gizmo suggests above. You didn't respond to the PM, but if you feel you would now like to look into this and no longer have the info I supplied please give us a shout. 

rudi must stay
23 minutes ago, Meathook said:

Rudi mate, several months ago I sent you a PM telling you about an advocacy service which might be useful to you. They would do exactly what Gizmo suggests above. You didn't respond to the PM, but if you feel you would now like to look into this and no longer have the info I supplied please give us a shout. 

Sounds good yes can you please send another pm 

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Sounds good yes can you please send another pm 

PM sent. 👍

rudi must stay

I think I need someone representing me as this could turn really ugly. Thanks again everyone I believe you're on my side which is great 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

I think I need someone representing me as this could turn really ugly. Thanks again everyone I believe you're on my side which is great 

We are. 

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

We are. 

It helps me to question some of the stuff I think. Today I am thinking maybe I'm not as I'll as I thought

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It helps me to question some of the stuff I think. Today I am thinking maybe I'm not as I'll as I thought

We’ll if it helps you to think things though via this board what’s the  problem ,

rudi must stay
33 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

We’ll if it helps you to think things though via this board what’s the  problem ,

It gives me alot of confidence that I never had before 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

It gives me alot of confidence that I never had before 

That’s great pal 👍👍

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That’s great pal 👍👍

You my friend are a great guy. You are always here with a positive word 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, rudi must stay said:

You my friend are a great guy. You are always here with a positive word 

Well I’m a firm believer in positive thinking . It really does help 👍👍

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well I’m a firm believer in positive thinking . It really does help 👍👍

It's nice to be nice

Lone Striker
21 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Good advice . Deferred pain is an odd thing . Shoulder pain , for example can be related to Something completely unrelated to the shoulder . I’ve had it on and off for nearly two years . They think it’s just my arthritis going rampant 

Its referred pain, James

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Its referred pain, James

Aye I have communication issues at times . Knew something wasn’t quite right ! 😎

Lone Striker
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Aye I have communication issues at times . Knew something wasn’t quite right ! 😎

😃  It would be great if  all pain was deferred  .... ideally until after we've died !!  😉

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

😃  It would be great if  all pain was deferred  .... ideally until after we've died !!  😉

I had a laugh after I wrote my last comment thinking wouldn’t it be great ti defer pain lol ! As you say until after death 👍😎😎😂

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

How about bone pain because you've had so many x-rays 

Rudi - you may well have a lot of bone pain, but it's highly unlikely that x-rays have caused it.    Why do you think that you may not have dyspraxia after saying a few pages ago that you did have it ?   

The way you feel could be down to  quite a few possible conditions  e.g. vitamin deficiencies,  or overactive thyroid or parathyroid glands, or an auto-immune  situation.     But you'll need to man-up a bit and agree to see a GP to get a referral to have proper tests done to find out (blood & urine sample tests can reveal a heck of a lot to trained medics). 

Its good to hear you consider the possibility that you're not as ill as you thought - taking a more positive and realistic outlook (alongside a determination not to let it define who you are) is a very good first step.   The posters on here have shown great patience in conversing with you, in the hope that you'll seek proper medical attention without reverting to what seems an unlikely assumption that the medical profession is to blame for all your problems.

The Advocacy service which @Meathook mentioned sounds VERY worthwhile - I hope you'll contact them and seek their assistance to insist that your GP organises a fresh set of tests/referrals. The advocacy person will be able to interpret for you what the results & medical consultants say.

I wish you well.👍

rudi must stay
15 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Rudi - you may well have a lot of bone pain, but it's highly unlikely that x-rays have caused it.    Why do you think that you may not have dyspraxia after saying a few pages ago that you did have it ?   

The way you feel could be down to  quite a few possible conditions  e.g. vitamin deficiencies,  or overactive thyroid or parathyroid glands, or an auto-immune  situation.     But you'll need to man-up a bit and agree to see a GP to get a referral to have proper tests done to find out (blood & urine sample tests can reveal a heck of a lot to trained medics). 

Its good to hear you consider the possibility that you're not as ill as you thought - taking a more positive and realistic outlook (alongside a determination not to let it define who you are) is a very good first step.   The posters on here have shown great patience in conversing with you, in the hope that you'll seek proper medical attention without reverting to what seems an unlikely assumption that the medical profession is to blame for all your problems.

The Advocacy service which @Meathook mentioned sounds VERY worthwhile - I hope you'll contact them and seek their assistance to insist that your GP organises a fresh set of tests/referrals. The advocacy person will be able to interpret for you what the results & medical consultants say.

I wish you well.👍

I believe I have arthritis could well be down to a lot of sport 

rudi must stay

I'm not prepared for more tests even if x-ray did nothing I don't want to go through more. They cause me nightmares the x-rays and the whole thing 

40 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I'm not allowing a creepy little doctor anywhere near me. I dont trust them 

:vrface:

rudi must stay
28 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:vrface:

Sorry again I was annoyed. I think my arthritis comment is correct. Seeing the psychiatrist in a week get all this sorted maybe they can give me injections 

Lone Striker
11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Sorry again I was annoyed. I think my arthritis comment is correct. Seeing the psychiatrist in a week get all this sorted maybe they can give me injections 

Eh ?  You'll need to let a creepy little doctor diagnose you first, before any one them can determine how to treat your arthritis - if indeed it really is arthritis.   

Have you tried applying heat to your joints (knees, ankles, shoulder, hands etc) ?   Buy some wheat bags - some are shaped to go around your neck/shoulders area  or velcro fasten around your knee or wrist.  You heat them up in a microwave (per instructions) - don't "over heat" or they'll scald you - then place at the relevant  area.  That should give a bit of relief for a wee while.  Re-heat in the microwave and repeat, if you need to.

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Eh ?  You'll need to let a creepy little doctor diagnose you first, before any one them can determine how to treat your arthritis - if indeed it really is arthritis.   

Have you tried applying heat to your joints (knees, ankles, shoulder, hands etc) ?   Buy some wheat bags - some are shaped to go around your neck/shoulders area  or velcro fasten around your knee or wrist.  You heat them up in a microwave (per instructions) - don't "over heat" or they'll scald you - then place at the relevant  area.  That should give a bit of relief for a wee while.  Re-heat in the microwave and repeat, if you need to.

Ok 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I believe I have arthritis could well be down to a lot of sport 

I’ve got psoaritic arthritis . Had it for over 22 years now . 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I do play alot of tennis. Wearing on the joints 

Yes impact sports like tennis or football can be bad for joints but it’s still important to do some exercise . I do light stuff at the gym 

rudi must stay
15 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes impact sports like tennis or football can be bad for joints but it’s still important to do some exercise . I do light stuff at the gym 

Ok never exercise 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ok never exercise 

It’s good to try and stretch etc . Just very light stuff . Nothing too strenuous really . 

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s good to try and stretch etc . Just very light stuff . Nothing too strenuous really . 

Ok but I shouldnt stretch myself eh 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ok but I shouldnt stretch myself eh 

Well not if you feel pain , exercise should be pain free . 

rudi must stay
7 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well not if you feel pain , exercise should be pain free . 

Sorry was a pun. I think I'm going to make things tough for the doctors x-rays weaken you x-rays don't I'm not here to be a wee bunny rabbit for doctors till the end of my days.

Rudi, with the greatest of respect you are all over the place. One minute you're fine and listening to advice, the next you're back to throwing accusations all over the place. 

That isn't normal behaviour. I'm sorry, but it isn't. There could be an explanation that a lot of what you think is wrong with you, isn't physically there. Rather you've just conditioned yourself to think that it is. 

Can you please get to a doctor, in fact, find a brand new one you've never seen before, tell him all your physical and mental symptoms and see what comes from it. A new one has no reason to lie to you so you can maybe trust them. He/she will not make you do x-rays or other tests against your will. In spite of what you believe, health professionals will not actively do something to harm you.*

* yes, there are some horrible ones out there, but they are by FAR the exception and not the rule

rudi must stay

I'm going to see the psychiatrist in a few weeks I will discuss things with him get this all sorted once and for all, maybe without my parents there as they believe it's all in my head. I've reconnected with friends and that has given me purpose in my life, today I felt different for the first time in years. Things are alright financially more than alright infact so I really want to feel good again, bought some weights for the room as well. No it's not normal but I'm a heart on my sleeve sort of person, very emotional and this has deeply screwed me up as it would anyone

rudi must stay

I realise now the doctor was saying nonsense when he told me about the x-rays. Pretty poor from the doctor and pretty poor doctoring but that's what I recieved. This is why I don't want to visit a doctor, everything is so dramatic life or death. Whatever gets me gets me I have my dyspraxia anyway it makes me different 

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I realise now the doctor was saying nonsense when he told me about the x-rays. Pretty poor from the doctor and pretty poor doctoring but that's what I recieved. This is why I don't want to visit a doctor, everything is so dramatic life or death. Whatever gets me gets me I have my dyspraxia anyway it makes me different 

Brilliant, glad you've got to the bottom of the x-ray stuff. Maybe if you imagine something else you and Judy can discuss it by private message. It would be like a late night phone in, Judy can be Father Andy Monaghan.

My concern is that other posters look at how this thread has been lately and won't engage with it and it's been far too good a thread for that to happen.

rudi must stay
43 minutes ago, graygo said:

Brilliant, glad you've got to the bottom of the x-ray stuff. Maybe if you imagine something else you and Judy can discuss it by private message. It would be like a late night phone in, Judy can be Father Andy Monaghan.

My concern is that other posters look at how this thread has been lately and won't engage with it and it's been far too good a thread for that to happen.

It's a cracking thread 

4 hours ago, graygo said:

I think that, unfortunately, this is exactly what is going to happen.

4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

It's a cracking thread 

It is/was.

It has been somewhat hijacked of late though and, consequently, has been moved away from its original thread title intention.