Thrilling endings to Hibs matches?

lost in leith

Then Hibs are unbeaten in 23 and Hearts are unbeaten in 22. Difference being that no-one is going to brag about winning one game then drawing the next 22. We've won five of our unbeaten run of eight which gives us the right to use "unbeaten in eight games" as point-scoring over Hibs. If we'd drawn seven games in a row then won the last derby then we'd still be unbeaten in eight but people wouldn't care about it as much since there were so many draws.

I don't know why people have a problem understanding that unbeaten means that you've not been beaten; not that you've won every game or started the run with a win.

because it's not an unbeaten run, it's actually THEIR unbeaten run.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What are people failing to grasp about the words 'unbeaten' and 'run'?

Hibs have not managed to beat us eight games, they have gone eight games without winning against us. We are on an unbeaten run of eight games. It really is that simple.

Hearts Heritage

What are people failing to grasp about the words 'unbeaten' and 'run'?

Hibs have not managed to beat us eight games, they have gone eight games without winning against us. We are on an unbeaten run of eight games. It really is that simple.

Not this again. I think I almost got suspended the last time! :whistling:

The majority believe that an unbeaten run starts with a draw or a win.

A minority believe that it starts with only a win i.e. it excludes draws which are part of Hibs unbeaten run.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Not this again. I think I almost got suspended the last time! :whistling:

The majority believe that an unbeaten run starts with a draw or a win.

A minority believe that it starts with only a win i.e. it excludes draws which are part of Hibs unbeaten run.

An unbeaten run starts with being unbeaten... It ends when you get beaten. An unbeaten Hearts run and an unbeaten hibs run do not have to be mutually exclusive of each other, however an unbeaten Hibs run within an unbeaten Hearts run could only be a small run of draws as longs as we win within our unbeaten run. :blink:

I think... No, that is correct... Why are people confusing the matter?

because it's not an unbeaten run, it's actually THEIR unbeaten run.

Both teams are on an unbeaten run at the same time if the last few matches have been draws. An unbeaten run starts with not being beaten. It does not have to start with a win hence it is not called a winning run. It doesn't have to only be one team's unbeaten run either i.e. in the unlikely case of a few draws in a row.

In the last 11 we've won 4, drew 5, theyve only won 2 :verysmug:

D 2-2 April 2011 (zal sent off, elliot equaliser)

W 2-0 Nov 2010 (temps wonder goal, elliot, skacel loser sign, rearend sent off)

W 2-1 May 2010 (obua gangsta winner)

D 1-1 Jan 2010 (new years, gordon smith goal, ruben and mccormack sent off)

L 0-1 March 2009 (fletcher goal for them, balogh and bamba sent off)

W 2-0 Jan 09 (scottish cup, fletcher sent off, nade and glen goals)

D 1-1 Oct 2008 (bruno free kick)

D 1-1 Nov 2007 (nade scored for us)

W 1-0 April 2007 (zal goal, spoiled their wee cup party)

L 0-1 Nov 2006 (wee cup, rob jones)

D 2-2 Oct 2006 (2-0 down, Velicka scored both, Zibby had a mare for both)

Wot about the boxing day match at tynie in 2006 W 3-2 (Chris killen,Dean shiels(shiels sent off)..(Hartley,janny and miko)

Hearts Heritage

Wot about the boxing day match at tynie in 2006 W 3-2 (Chris killen,Dean shiels(shiels sent off)..(Hartley,janny and miko)

you've answered your own question

You can see the recent games here: Wikipedia

Edit: Totally misread the post but still the link is a pleasing read and an easy place to see the recent results.

Archived