Thrilling endings to Hibs matches?

lost in leith

He thought Hibs games had thrilling endings?

Really?

:mellow:

Yeah, it's when they open the gates to let them all out. :whistling:

Drylaw Hearts

Derby wins for Hearts = 277

Derby wins for Hibs = 200

No chance we've lost to those mutants 200 times.

fraid so but you are going to lose derby games due to the nature of them. And if you play a team over 600 times the law of averages and all that.

However 77 more wins is incredible.Hibs would have to win every game for the next 20+ years to win more than us.

fraid so but you are going to lose derby games due to the nature of them. And if you play a team over 600 times the law of averages and all that.

However 77 more wins is incredible.Hibs would have to win every game for the next 20+ years to win more than us.

if you factor in the likelihood of them getting bottom 6 each year then it's 25.5years, if they can somehow stay up then its ONLY 19.25. What a pishy, pishy, wee club. It's stats like this that are :pleasing: to me, none of this single massive win that only got us 2 points, we own them in an ongoing stylee. no wonder they suffer from perennial wee-man syndrome. Welts

They slag us about the 6-2 but they are too stupid to realise that the 5-1 less than 2 years later cancels it out.They also slag us for the 7 nil but our aggregate score is almost + 200 goals.

They slag us about the 6-2 but they are too stupid to realise that the 5-1 less than 2 years later cancels it out.They also slag us for the 7 nil but our aggregate score is almost + 200 goals.

Along with the 2 4-0's in 05-06

Big Black Dave's last minute winner accompanied with 'Gangsta' celebration in 2010.

Big Elvis' late penalty in a similar style of win, what a way to start off my derby experiences as we recorded our first win at ER in 5 years. Feck me 9 years ago already.

They truly do have thrilling endings. :verysmug:

I think my fav stat against those hapless failures is that we have a better record on their patch than them.

I think my fav stat against those hapless failures is that we have a better record on their patch than them.

:verysmug:

Along with the 2 4-0's in 05-06

And the 4-1. Not to forget 4-0 at ER in '97, 3-0 at ER after Wallace Mercer tried to take over Hibs, '91 I think. So many great memories we have, and they can only ride on the success of 2 victories. Another funny stat for me is that I have been to a fair number of derbies since my first in March 2002 and I have only been to 2 where we have lost. :greggy:

Barney Rubble

Yep thats the one im constantly wheeling out to hibs colleagues all the time so worth it when you see their eyes start to bubble up when they cant think of a response , sick human i maybe but i love it :smugger:

A nice stat I noticed in the Scotsman on Saturday when talking about what the new manager had to do to win over the fans. One of which was win a derby match followed by -

Both previous managers John Hughes and Colin Calderwood failed to register victories against their Edinburgh rivals

The only way Hibs will get anything on the 2nd is if we get a man sent off.

They must be due a sending off against us.

The only way Hibs will get anything on the 2nd is if we get a man sent off.

They must be due a sending off against us.

Interestingly they haven't yet had a player sent off this season.........

In the eyes of Uefa, 5-1 is a better result than 6-2. If you were to take both results as part of a two leg European tie, we would go through on away goals.

Big Black Dave's last minute winner accompanied with 'Gangsta' celebration in 2010.

Big Elvis' late penalty in a similar style of win, what a way to start off my derby experiences as we recorded our first win at ER in 5 years. Feck me 9 years ago already.

They truly do have thrilling endings. :verysmug:

Coupled with the Stampy game and the 4-4.

Anyone got our record in our last 10 games at ER? I think they have only beaten us once (incl. The Scot Cup Gary Glen game).

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Anyone got our record in our last 10 games at ER? I think they have only beaten us once (incl. The Scot Cup Gary Glen game).

In the last 11 we've won 4, drew 5, theyve only won 2 :verysmug:

D 2-2 April 2011 (zal sent off, elliot equaliser)

W 2-0 Nov 2010 (temps wonder goal, elliot, skacel loser sign, rearend sent off)

W 2-1 May 2010 (obua gangsta winner)

D 1-1 Jan 2010 (new years, gordon smith goal, ruben and mccormack sent off)

L 0-1 March 2009 (fletcher goal for them, balogh and bamba sent off)

W 2-0 Jan 09 (scottish cup, fletcher sent off, nade and glen goals)

D 1-1 Oct 2008 (bruno free kick)

D 1-1 Nov 2007 (nade scored for us)

W 1-0 April 2007 (zal goal, spoiled their wee cup party)

L 0-1 Nov 2006 (wee cup, rob jones)

D 2-2 Oct 2006 (2-0 down, Velicka scored both, Zibby had a mare for both)

How many games are we unbeaten now?

Just the 8.

3 defeats in the last 19 - or 5 years if you prefer. All defeats were 0-1. 2 of the defeats featured a red card for us.

How many games are we unbeaten now?

Eight. Five wins in the last six games as well. The one draw out of those six could easily have been a win if Zaliukas hadn't got sent off.

Interestingly they haven't yet had a player sent off this season.........

Ian Murray will do his best to change that stat at New Year....and if he gets away with it this time then questions must be asked!

Eight. Five wins in the last six games as well. The one draw out of those six could easily have been a win if Zaliukas hadn't got sent off.

are you allowed to count the 2 draws before we won a game as part of an unbeaten run? Just thinking those 2 draws were technically unbeaten games for them since we lost the one before it.

are you allowed to count the 2 draws before we won a game as part of an unbeaten run? Just thinking those 2 draws were technically unbeaten games for them since we lost the one before it.

The unbeaten run is the number of games you have gone unbeaten...it doesn't have to start with a win. After the first two draws, both Hearts and Hibs were unbeaten in two games. When we won the third game we became unbeaten in three and Hibs were down to zero.

The unbeaten run is the number of games you have gone unbeaten...it doesn't have to start with a win. After the first two draws, both Hearts and Hibs were unbeaten in two games. When we won the third game we became unbeaten in three and Hibs were down to zero.

what happens if hibs win a game, then the next 22 are draws?

In the last 11 we've won 4, drew 5, theyve only won 2 :verysmug:

D 2-2 April 2011 (zal sent off, elliott equaliser)

W 2-0 Nov 2010 (temps wonder goal, elliott, skacel loser sign, rearend sent off)

W 2-1 May 2010 (obua gangsta winner)

D 1-1 Jan 2010 (new years, gordon smith goal, ruben and mccormack sent off)

L 0-1 March 2009 (fletcher goal for them, balogh and bamba sent off)

W 2-0 Jan 09 (scottish cup, fletcher sent off, nade and glen goals)

D 1-1 Oct 2008 (bruno free kick)

D 1-1 Nov 2007 (nade scored for us)

W 1-0 April 2007 (zal goal, spoiled their wee cup party)

L 0-1 Nov 2006 (wee cup, rob jones)

D 2-2 Oct 2006 (2-0 down, Velicka scored both, Zibby had a mare for both)

Can only remember :clumshot: scoring once against them

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Still no replies to his thread. :lol:

The mutant minions are probably all just thinking of those derby humpings in the last minutes and can't bring themselves to post. :thumbsup:

Can only remember :clumshot: scoring once against them

It was Stephen Elliott who scored they 2 goals in that list.

Clum's only derby goal was the 4-1 game I think.

Derby record since the start of 2006.

2005-06

W 4-0 (Cup)

L 1-2

2006-07

D 2-2

L 0-1 (Cup)

W 3-2

W 1-0

W 2-0

2007-08

L 0-1

D 1-1

W 1-0

2008-09

D 1-1

D 0-0

W 2-0 (Cup)

L 0-1

L 0-1

2009-10

D 0-0

D 1-1

W 2-1

W 2-1

2010-11

W 2-0

W 1-0

D 2-2

2011-12

W 2-0

So in full our derby record in the last 6 years:

P - 23

W - 11

D - 7

L - 5

GF - 30

GA - 17

GD - +13

Another sidenote, unlike them we have won at least one derby every one of those seasons.

:verysmug: :greggy:

what happens if hibs win a game, then the next 22 are draws?

Then Hibs are unbeaten in 23 and Hearts are unbeaten in 22. Difference being that no-one is going to brag about winning one game then drawing the next 22. We've won five of our unbeaten run of eight which gives us the right to use "unbeaten in eight games" as point-scoring over Hibs. If we'd drawn seven games in a row then won the last derby then we'd still be unbeaten in eight but people wouldn't care about it as much since there were so many draws.

I don't know why people have a problem understanding that unbeaten means that you've not been beaten; not that you've won every game or started the run with a win.

Archived