Hubz Tickets

Locky

This is the time to take a stand -- this is nothing more than a rip off re the charges for delivery and an attempt to make money from us.

Until fans stand up or in this case don't show we will be taken for granted and an empty end would send out a statement -- we should beam back to Tynecastle and hire the large screens.

I know we all want to follow our club but I refuse to be ripped off and wonder about the legality of this -- I am e mailing our esteemed SPL Chief Exec to see what his thoughts are and if he will stand up for the fans or just hide behind the sofa as per normal.

If this was the old firm the papers would have this as a lead story with a demand for the reasons behind it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
michael_bolton

I'll be going to the game, no question. However, I may be in a different loyalty points threshold from the people I'd like to apply with. This means we can't apply together (not worth the risk of missing out, regardless of what people say about sell-out) which means we have to pay multiple ?6 admin fees.

This kind of thing is exactly what supporters groups are designed to comment on and challenge. Where are they? What's the point in having them?

Not read all of the thread but it sounds like hibs now have the name and address of every Hearts fan on our data base,

if thats the case then it's a scandal. I dont want them to have any information about me, don't think i agreed to let

that shower know any data about our support.

Drylaw Hearts

Not read all of the thread but it sounds like hibs now have the name and address of every Hearts fan on our data base,

if thats the case then it's a scandal. I dont want them to have any information about me, don't think i agreed to let

that shower know any data about our support.

Passing info that requires our fans to get a ticket isn't anywhere near a scandal.

What do think they'll do with the info - pass it on to the CCS ?

If anything, the one game a season that is worth ?30 is the derby.

The postage charge is minging, but if you have a few friends you'll be going to the game with, just split the postage in with the cost of the ticket. The 4 of us are getting our tickets for less than ?30 each.

scottish_chicP

I somehow have the same amount of loyalty points I had when I went to Tottenham blink.gif it's enough anyway but something not right there!

ToadKiller Dog

Maybe Hearts are getting a cut of the admin fee for access to our data base .

I dont see why they cant have an option to pick up your ticket at tynie , sure it wouldnt be hard to stick the accepted peoples tickets in a taxi,or get some office staff on the bus from one stadium to the other if some fans would prefer that .

But overall not really such a big fuss .

If anything, the one game a season that is worth ?30 is the derby.

The postage charge is minging, but if you have a few friends you'll be going to the game with, just split the postage in with the cost of the ticket. The 4 of us are getting our tickets for less than ?30 each.

?30 (if in group of four)for a ticket that costs ?28.....bargain!

?30 (if in group of four)for a ticket that costs ?28.....bargain!

It's not, by any means, a bargain.

But in SPL terms, it's reflective on the fixture.

?23 for Tannadice a couple of weeks ago, ?28 for a derby.

I don't really see the moan about prices or loyalty points as neither is any different than if Hearts had sold the tickets.

Loyalty thresholds - You would assume hearts agreed and set these and would have used the same for our sales therefore if you can't get a ticket at the same time as a friend it would have happened anyway. The supporter club point is also invalid as if you had enough points you would get one therefore you are relying on a supporter club applying for a ticket the person wasn't entitled too - probably using another member who wasn't going. I notice I have manual amendments last week which makes me wonder if that was hearts getting people updated before they passed a list on or started to validate applications.

Postage Charge - Its a set ?6 charge per application as I read. Last time round we where charged by Hearts ?1.50 per ticket and then either .50p for normal post or ?4 for special delivery so they come out similar to each other. I suppose if there are no booking fees at the TO we are losing out but otherwise its comparable.

Overall I don't think this is going to cost people much more or lead to people who should get tickets based on the points missing out, the main problem is that the process is much more complicated and less flexible. It also increases the chance of a non sell out as by the time we reach the last category on the site its the 17th December it starts and we will not have sold out and end up with a very short time for a public sale quite possibly between Xmas and New Year which will put people off having to go and queue for tickets.

I would imagine we will do the same back to Hibs and be equally complicated for their fans and suggest both clubs need to sort it out as lets be realistic we will not withhold the money and we will pay it to them and if we do not I am sure the SPL/SFA will ringfence some money for them.

The Great Khali

This is the only game I would go through all this malarkey for, and pay the extra cash for.

Not saying agree with it but feck it...

It's hibs away.

They can ram their ?6 admin fee.

I'll get mine in the public sale minus the admin fee when they come grovelling back to Hearts to sell them.

I'm confused are we being ripped off or are people just getting a bit excited cause it's Hibs?

:ermm::blink::huh:

So you want to buy one ticket -- ?6 for delivery please!!! - RIP OFF.

Perhaps I could pick it up at the ground -- NO -- ?6 please -- RIP OFF.

So next game at Tynecastle charge them ?12 per ticket and ram it right up them -- they wanted to start this chidish behaviour so let's play the game.

They can ram their ?6 admin fee.

I'll get mine in the public sale minus the admin fee when they come grovelling back to Hearts to sell them.

Good luck with that then mate :)

I wouldn't miss a new year pumping of Hibernian at Easter Road for all the tea in China :)

Diadora Van Basten

So you want to buy one ticket -- ?6 for delivery please!!! - RIP OFF.

Perhaps I could pick it up at the ground -- NO -- ?6 please -- RIP OFF.

So next game at Tynecastle charge them ?12 per ticket and ram it right up them -- they wanted to start this chidish behaviour so let's play the game.

So there is a rip off ?6 charge :verymad: , what about the ticket price are we being charged more than Hibs or the same?

:huh:

don`t normally miss the derby , but I will miss this one out of principal , although I will be gutted on the day, I just feel I have to draw the line somewhere,

It's Hibs away, lads. My application was sent a few hours ago. Took me fifteen minutes to type it out and email it.

Yes it's a lot of money but get a grip, this is the best fixture of the season.

It's only a few quid for than usual, besides you can understand why Hibs have done this.

A boycott is just petty - let's go there in numbers as we always do and show a stand that way: show that Petrie's childish antics don't bother us.

The people who moan at this sort of thing are the sort of people who shouldn't be at the game anyway.

It's Hibs away, lads. My application was sent a few hours ago. Took me fifteen minutes to type it out and email it.

It's only a few quid for than usual, besides you can understand why Hibs have done this.

A boycott is just petty - let's go there in numbers as we always do and show a stand that way: show that Petrie's childish antics don't

A boycott is just petty - let's go there in numbers as we always do and show a stand that way: show that Petrie's childish antics don't bother us.

The people who moan at this sort of thing are the sort of people who shouldn't be at the game anyway.

listem m8 thats your opinion and your welcome to it , hope you enjoy the day , but dont tell me that because i`ve decided to draw the line that i`m not the type of fan who should be at the game anyway !!

how much will it be next year and the year after , if they think that they can get away with it believe me it will start to creep up,

At what point do you say no more ? -- how much is too much ? -- It is up to each person to make their stand so trying to criticise those who will not pay especially as they are fellow Hearts fans who go to many of the away games as well is just silly -- think a little please.

You have chosen to pay so good for you but do not please intimate we are being petty -- some of us feel there is a stand to be made and this is a price NOT worth paying.

listem m8 thats your opinion and your welcome to it , hope you enjoy the day , but dont tell me that because i`ve decided to draw the line that i`m not the type of fan who should be at the game anyway !!

how much will it be next year and the year after , if they think that they can get away with it believe me it will start to creep up,

You do realise that the ticket prices are the same for both supporters? You do realise if the tramps wish for a special delivery for there tickets it would cost the same?

I'd suggest that anyone who is refusing to go because of this wasn't entirely serious about going anyway.

None of the every week brigade I've spoken to today have said they'll be giving it a miss.

I'd suggest that anyone who is refusing to go because of this wasn't entirely serious about going anyway.

None of the every week brigade I've spoken to today have said they'll be giving it a miss.

It will be even better. It's a case for me of they might have sold the tickets direct, they might have charged ?6 for delivery and had no alternative but we are still here in force ya bunch of petty hobo wanks. :)

The price is pretty much the same as it is every time - bar the delivery charge. Split it by three and it's a mere 2 quid extra each. Bear in mind it's basically a New Year derby too.

Each to their own, though.

You do realise that the ticket prices are the same for both supporters? You do realise if the tramps wish for a special delivery for there tickets it would cost the same?

NOT TRUE -- 'Phone / Online: Please note a booking fee of ?1.50 per ticket, applicable to adults and concessions will be charged.'

As above from their own club website

And you realise thay can pick a ticket up from the club at no cost -- we do not have a choice -- that is why it is wrong.

So if you are happy to pay up to 4 times what it costs a Hibs fan then fine but they are ripping us off and that is a fact.

I think some people are missin the most important point here - this is all about us turnin up at easter road in numbers and in great voice and us puttin another one over them.

Why do you think we have done it so many times over the years?

Why do we have a better derby record at that midden than they do?

Mainly cos we've usually had a better side and better players but it is also in no small part down to the lift our players must get when they run out there and see 4000 jambos bouncin (10,000 in the old dunbar end days).

How would you feel if our players ran out, seen our end half empty and got no lift at all in a derby?

I for one would be embarrassed by our support if we in any part played a role in gettin beat off that mob.

Now don't get me wrong, I disagree with what hibs are doin but for most folk it'l probs be an average increase in price of a couple of quid - well worth another derby win if u ask me.

So just buy your ticket as usual, get down to the game, sing your hearts out and watch us win a derby - then stick it up Petrie that way.

Drylaw Hearts

I'll gladly take a pm from anyone who has the required number of points but is deciding not to use them.

I've already had a couple of mates asking me to sort them out with tickets.

I'll gladly take a pm from anyone who has the required number of points but is deciding not to use them.

I've already had a couple of mates asking me to sort them out with tickets.

Aye, this.

[quote name='CJGJ' timestamp='1322523904' post='2563064'

NOT TRUE -- 'Phone / Online: Please note a booking fee of ?1.50 per ticket, applicable to adults and concessions will be charged.'

And you realise thay can pick a ticket up from the club at no cost -- we do not have a choice -- that is why it is wrong.

So if you are happy to pay up to 4 times what it costs a Hibs fan then fine but they are ripping us off and that is a fact.

Nope, they tickets are sent out in the normal post and not special delivery. I would suggest that it's Royal Mail that sets up the charges for Special delivery and not Hibs. In fact it may be that is the normal price across the board for Special Delivery.

http://www.royalmail.com/delivery/business-delivery-options-uk/special-delivery-next-day

That shows prices start at ?5 odds.

Yes it's shit they are selling tickets direct and yes it's shocking there is no alternative to special delivery but it does ensure all tickets paid for will be delivered, I know I wouldn't trust paying the money for tickets then them sending out the tickets in the normal post, what's to say they wouldn't just say the ticket was lost?

Jambof3tornado

They couldnt have rival fans standing in the same queue to pick up tickets so posting them seems the only way.

Miss out at your peril!!!

Worth every penny to watch another victory at Easter road.

You'll be sad if you miss it, new year comes but once a year!

I think some people are missin the most important point here - this is all about us turnin up at easter road in numbers and in great voice and us puttin another one over them.

Why do you think we have done it so many times over the years?

Why do we have a better derby record at that midden than they do?

Mainly cos we've usually had a better side and better players but it is also in no small part down to the lift our players must get when they run out there and see 4000 jambos bouncin (10,000 in the old dunbar end days).

How would you feel if our players ran out, seen our end half empty and got no lift at all in a derby?

I for one would be embarrassed by our support if we in any part played a role in gettin beat off that mob.

Now don't get me wrong, I disagree with what hibs are doin but for most folk it'l probs be an average increase in price of a couple of quid - well worth another derby win if u ask me.

So just buy your ticket as usual, get down to the game, sing your hearts out and watch us win a derby - then stick it up Petrie that way.

Well said.

Nope, they tickets are sent out in the normal post and not special delivery. I would suggest that it's Royal Mail that sets up the charges for Special delivery and not Hibs. In fact it may be that is the normal price across the board for Special Delivery.

http://www.royalmail.com/delivery/business-delivery-options-uk/special-delivery-next-day

That shows prices start at ?5 odds.

Yes it's shit they are selling tickets direct and yes it's shocking there is no alternative to special delivery but it does ensure all tickets paid for will be delivered, I know I wouldn't trust paying the money for tickets then them sending out the tickets in the normal post, what's to say they wouldn't just say the ticket was lost?

Also, I'd imagine they'll be posting them out in December and you certainly wouldn't want them mixed up in the Christmas post!

oh ah grantona

This is the time to take a stand -- this is nothing more than a rip off re the charges for delivery and an attempt to make money from us.

Until fans stand up or in this case don't show we will be taken for granted and an empty end would send out a statement -- we should beam back to Tynecastle and hire the large screens.

I know we all want to follow our club but I refuse to be ripped off and wonder about the legality of this -- I am e mailing our esteemed SPL Chief Exec to see what his thoughts are and if he will stand up for the fans or just hide behind the sofa as per normal.

If this was the old firm the papers would have this as a lead story with a demand for the reasons behind it.

RE your old firm comment I paid ?35 for a ticket for rangers end years ago and that was face value

Going to give this a miss.Scottish football is dying on its feet and still they make attending a game as difficult as possible.Sadly I will now watch the game in my local boozer.

Hearts are just as bad,shocking that they could not guarantee to hand this money over.How hard is it to sell tickets and keep the money to hand over to the other side of the city.

Stupid as well that we do not have a pay gate as well.Queuing in a line for a ticket,then Queuing again to get in.No wonder our walk up support is falling at a rapid rate of knots.

I'll be going to the game, no question. However, I may be in a different loyalty points threshold from the people I'd like to apply with. This means we can't apply together (not worth the risk of missing out, regardless of what people say about sell-out) which means we have to pay multiple ?6 admin fees.

This kind of thing is exactly what supporters groups are designed to comment on and challenge. Where are they? What's the point in having them?

I assume that you are a member of one of these groups,bring it up at their next monthly meeting or contact the chair directly ASAP!

Jambof3tornado

Going to give this a miss.Scottish football is dying on its feet and still they make attending a game as difficult as possible.Sadly I will now watch the game in my local boozer.

Hearts are just as bad,shocking that they could not guarantee to hand this money over.How hard is it to sell tickets and keep the money to hand over to the other side of the city.

Stupid as well that we do not have a pay gate as well.Queuing in a line for a ticket,then Queuing again to get in.No wonder our walk up support is falling at a rapid rate of knots.

Our walk up support is down due to the credit crunch and our lack of victories until recently. Glory hunters the lot of them!!

Sexton Hardcastle

I cant afford to go now i have to pay over 18 prices :sob:

I dont think i've ever bought an adult for East Road.

Couple of pints worth saved each visit.

sambaspecials

So in effect, hubz are charging their own fans more...that ?1.50 doesn't include special delivery.

Archived