Ryan Stevenson

imcd

Scotsman report today says:

Ryan Stevenson has already been linked with Derek McInnes? Bristol City, and seems sure to head south. Modest and hard-working, the attacking midfielder has been an exemplary professional since joining from Ayr United, and is more than deserving of the chance to show what he can do in English football.

News to me - anyone heard this before?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, was mentioned in papers a couple of weeks ago. If he goes, good luck to him. If only all our players showed the same level of commitment and dedication as Ryan....

oh ah grantona

Stevenson is the kind of senior player we need with youth coming through I think and skacel of the list of player coming to end of contracts that 2 I would defo keep

The Mighty Thor

That's always going to be the problem when you are in the mess we are in. The players that end up going are the ones you'd probably like to keep and you're left with the dross running down their contracts.

I like Stevo and he's improved no end since he came here.

But lets be honest far, far better players have left Hearts over the years. And given our academy prospects he's a player I'd be confident of replacing with the likes of Holt, Robinson, Prynchecnko etc.

Good luck to him though.

Stevenson is the kind of senior player we need with youth coming through I think and skacel of the list of player coming to end of contracts that 2 I would defo keep

After the months of negotiating to give Skacel a 5 month deal, I dont expect him to be hanging atlround much past Xmas

The team will be dismantled but to be honest the big earners aren't looking great.The young guns are the immediate future of the club.That said Steve is one i would like to keep,in fact i would make him Captain as his work ethic would be brilliant for the young guys.Robinson,Holt,Prychenko,Smith and the rest of them being pushed through might turn out to be a bit of luck for us.

After the months of negotiating to give Skacel a 5 month deal, I dont expect him to be hanging atlround much past Xmas

Any player who is offered terms with any other club will be offski. Prospects of wages with HMFC are bad enough just now, and may get worse. the longer Romanov cannot find a buyer.

Wouldn't bother me if he went. I dont rate him as much as craig levein does that's for sure.

Maybe you will appreciate him more after he leaves ;)

Wouldn't bother me if he went. I dont rate him as much as craig levein does that's for sure.

Glad to see that you have clearly not been watching the same team as me! :rolleyes:

Stevo is the one player in that team at times that looks interested, I for one will be gutted if he goes but I couldn't blame him for it, as someone has already said, the offer of better terms elsewhere and your wages being paid when they are supposed to would be enough to tempt anyone to leave.

We need to do our best to hang onto Stevenson, I think he's a good example to the young players and he can keep an eye on them in matches as he takes no shit.

If it's a question of freeing wages, Balogh and Skacel will be gone so surely there is a good chance Stevenson will remain as he will be on less wages.

the word is that he will be away sooner than later

like his effort but he is a pretty limited footballer,replaceable IMO

We need to do our best to hang onto Stevenson, I think he's a good example to the young players and he can keep an eye on them in matches as he takes no shit.

If it's a question of freeing wages, Balogh and Skacel will be gone so surely there is a good chance Stevenson will remain as he will be on less wages.

This is what I'd hope for.

I wouldn't jump ship too quickly if I was Ryan, he could end up playing in League 1, Bristol City still struggling at the bottom of the championship, wouldn't be the wisest move for a guy who just recieved his first international call up

I wouldn't jump ship too quickly if I was Ryan, he could end up playing in League 1, Bristol City still struggling at the bottom of the championship, wouldn't be the wisest move for a guy who just recieved his first international call up

Bristol City have taken 10 from 12 since McInnes took over. League One team they shall not be next season.

There are better players at Hearts than Ryan Stevenson.

He's my favourite though, and i'll be gutted to see him go. :(

The team will be dismantled but to be honest the big earners aren't looking great.The young guns are the immediate future of the club.That said Steve is one i would like to keep,in fact i would make him Captain as his work ethic would be brilliant for the young guys.Robinson,Holt,Prychenko,Smith and the rest of them being pushed through might turn out to be a bit of luck for us.

That could be a good shout actually.

That's always going to be the problem when you are in the mess we are in. The players that end up going are the ones you'd probably like to keep and you're left with the dross running down their contracts.

This is what i've been saying for a while.

There are threads dedicated to clearing out the dead wood and keeping the cream but the likelihood is we will lose our most promising (eg Temps and even Holt) and interested (eg Stevo) and be left with the rest.

I think its rather simple.

Reasons to go:

1. If we can get decenty money for the player

2. If they are on high wages

3. If we have decent replacements in the wings (cheaper, younger etc)

Reasons to stay:

1. If the wage demands are manageabale

2. If we dont have replacements

It may be stating the obvious, but at the moment we have to weigh up these factors. We cant afford to be too sentimental about players right now. If we are getting offered money....and there would be a significant impact on the wage bill.... then we really should conssidcer all the option, irrespective of the players palce in the first team.

Stevenson has been a decent player for us, and id prefer to see him stay. But I appreciate that we are most definitely a selling club at the moment.

Reasons to go:

Reasons to stay:

It may be stating the obvious, but at the moment we have to weigh up these factors. We cant afford to be too sentimental about players right now. If we are getting offered money....and there would be a significant impact on the wage bill.... then we really should conssidcer all the option, irrespective of the players palce in the first team.

Stevenson has been a decent player for us, and id prefer to see him stay. But I appreciate that we are most definitely a selling club at the moment.

Another reason to go is a wage rise which might just be paid on time.

:rolleyes:

Stevo's been a square peg in a round hole virtually all season. A striker he is most definitely not and, with all our midfielders fit, would he be a first choice there? We should expect every player who pulls on the maroon shirt to give 100% anyway, so simply doing that is not enough. He's got no pace, not particularly good in the air and has average technique. Sorry if I upset the RS fan club but IMO he's not much more than this season's Robbie Neilson. I should add that there are several players in the squad I'd get rid of before Ryan but, with things the way they are, any of our players who attract an offer will be gone and teams like Bristol City are much more likely to want to sign good honest hard working pros like RS than they are some of the others in our squad.

there is no way he is on big money and was probably one of the lowest paid players that started on sat so i think he will deffo be away as he can get better money some other place

The Old Tolbooth

I'm pretty sure Ryan isn't on high wages at Hearts as he was more or less brought on board to prove himself, which he's done pretty well. He might not be the most gifted player we'll ever have, but if the rest of our team had his attitude then we'd be knocking down walls to win games every week. The decision will come down to whether or not Bristol City offer him higher wages than we are currently paying him (which won't be difficult) as he's not exactly a spring chicken and needs to take these chances as they come along.

He's improved massively since coming to Hearts, I reckon he could improve further with better facilities in England, remember Paul Hartley didn't start playing his best football until he was 27/28 (I think).

jamboinglasgow

Reasons to go:

Reasons to stay:

Agreed, there are players we want to stay, but if someone is willing to pay us money for a player, especially if his contract is running out then I think we will take it. I think we see a few players go for nominal fees, which while not huge (say maybe a couple of tens of thousands) it will release players, free wages, and leave us more money to help cash flow.

kirkcaldy hearts

he deserves to go to someone better than Bristol City ! He has been the only player to play for the jersesy this season, the rest have been useless!!!!

he deserves to go to someone better than Bristol City ! He has been the only player to play for the jersesy this season, the rest have been useless!!!!

Ok Ryan.

john brownlee

nope

he's staying(unless some outrageous monies)

and a player to encourage the youth

I really like Stevo, and I don't get the impression his wages are anywhere near some of the other players. However, I don't really know where his best position is, and I don't think he fits into the formation that we play. I would be sad to see him go, the only silver lining being that we might play players suited to the style/formation that we are aiming for, ie Smith or Sutton getting a run of games up front.

He's a decent player, but at this moment in time he is no better than SPL /mid-lower Championship level.

Know doubt in the following weeks the papers ( must be rubbing their hands together) will be linking our players with moves left right and centre!

Any half-decent players we have are going to be linked with moves in the coming months, this is probably just something we'll need to get used to seeing. Ryan has been one of our standout players and was recently given a shot for the first time in the national squad so makes sense that he's one of the first to get attention.

I'm wondering if there's any point in trying to second guess the club on this one either, i.e. trying to work out who might stay and who might go according to their value and wages etc. I reckon there might well be no detailed strategy in place, they may well just be waiting to see what sort of interest is generated and they'll make decisions as and when.

If he can get more money at a decent level then fair play to him.

He will be on low(ish) wages and a short contract to prove himself, that works two ways, he excels then it's definitely our loss.

As long as he is here for the next derby then he goes with my blessing.

I have heard from football sources that RS may go to Bristol City in Jan.

DM intended to get him from Ayr but we stepped in in Jan and beat him to it.

I cant imagine he is on great money so we wont get much, if anything for him. Doesn't his contract end at the end of the season?

Can I get a season ticket refund? He may not be the most skillful player on Hearts books but I'd rather watch him

than anyone else. Most parents tell their children to try hard at school and play and if they do that everyone will be proud.

Unfortunately that does not apply to Hearts.

I like Stevo but there's no doubt that his excellent work ethic has patched over various frailties in his game.

Let's not forget, he was brought in as an attacking midfielder but he's never been able to hold down a position there - currently the weakest area of our team.

Scotsman report today says:

Ryan Stevenson has already been linked with Derek McInnes? Bristol City, and seems sure to head south. Modest and hard-working, the attacking midfielder has been an exemplary professional since joining from Ayr United, and is more than deserving of the chance to show what he can do in English football.

News to me - anyone heard this before?

I am sure I read it "mentioned" in the Bristol City fans forum, could be wrong but it has been metioned somewhere.

Can I get a season ticket refund? He may not be the most skillful player on Hearts books but I'd rather watch him

than anyone else. Most parents tell their children to try hard at school and play and if they do that everyone will be proud.

Unfortunately that does not apply to Hearts.

If he gets offered more elsewhere then he will go. What do you want the club to do?

Tokyo Drifter

Stevo's a good player but he's been making waves coz he's been scoring goals and I don't imagine McInnes will play him up front in the striker's role.

Times change, people move on.

I for one would not lose sleep over the majority (if not all) of our our out of contract players leaving. My only gripe, would be not about them leaving but about some of them leaving without us getting a fee, largely Kello and Jonsson.

Isn't it a sign of the times that, less than a year after posts were saying that he doesn't deserve another year at Hearts that we are now seeing threads where people would be really disappointed that he may leave.

I have heard from football sources that RS may go to Bristol City in Jan.

DM intended to get him from Ayr but we stepped in in Jan and beat him to it.

I cant imagine he is on great money so we wont get much, if anything for him. Doesn't his contract end at the end of the season?

Yes, my take as well.

No transfer fee but a wage off the books

If McInnes has to pay a fee he will simply tell Ryan to sign a pre contract and spend the remainder of his contract at tynie.

He wont be on a lot but even if 2k then probably ?40000 saved on wages by letting him go.

Times change, people move on.

I for one would not lose sleep over the majority (if not all) of our our out of contract players leaving. My only gripe, would be not about them leaving but about some of them leaving without us getting a fee, largely Kello and Jonsson.

Isn't it a sign of the times that, less than a year after posts were saying that he doesn't deserve another year at Hearts that we are now seeing threads where people would be really disappointed that he may leave.

I think we would get something for Jonsson would we not, as he's under 24?

He is a must keep imo! He's been my favourite player since the start of last season. Hard working good ability strong and a good example. He is the one player in the hearts team that i've never said a bad word about.

Archived