Ryan Stevenson

imcd

The club want to keep Stevenson and Jonsson - they're discussing new deals.

Thank god for that!!!

I for one will be glad to see the window open so we have a clearer knowledge of who is going and who is staying as the continual media speculation is brutal.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snake Plissken

Good, hard working and versatile players will be very important next season.

Would love Kello to stay but just can't see it.

jamboinglasgow

Thank god for that!!!

I for one will be glad to see the window open so we have a clearer knowledge of who is going and who is staying as the continual media speculation is brutal.

So do I, if there is to be a clearout, I rather we got over and done with it, I wish it was now the 1st of February so we know what position we are in for the rest of the season. There will be much speculation both on here and in the papers over the next two months.

I do think it is wise to keep hold of Eggert Jonsson and Ryan Stevenson to help what will be an inexperenced squad next season.

Kello's going but they're discussing a new deal with Jamie as well.

Shame if Kello does go, but I think it's been on the cards.

Happy that Jonsson and Stevenson are being offered new deals as they are decent players to have about.

MacDonald is fine as a sub goalkeeper, not 100% convinced he's a 1st choice option, but then again he's always been reliable when played. What about Ridgers? I think he is out of contract aswell?

nice wee profit coming Hearts way

I think we paid 30k or so for him. I can't imagine we'll get much more than that if his contract is up in the summer.

This news pleases me.

This news devastates me. Kello will be greatly missed, easily my favourite player the last 3 seasons.

0,,10289~9221212,00.jpg

:sob:

I think we paid 30k or so for him. I can't imagine we'll get much more than that if his contract is up in the summer.

cost ?20,000 so surely cash in, if not another wage saved at the end of the day!!!

plenty other players that can play centre mid or up front, but he has done well

Scotsman report today says:

Ryan Stevenson has already been linked with Derek McInnes? Bristol City, and seems sure to head south. Modest and hard-working, the attacking midfielder has been an exemplary professional since joining from Ayr United, and is more than deserving of the chance to show what he can do in English football.

News to me - anyone heard this before?

Maybe being a bit cynical but my thoughts on reading that were that the writer owed Stevo's agent a favour. That report is almost willing him to leave, a bit over-eager no?

I wouldn't lose one second of sleep if he left.

He's half decent. That's about it.

Absolutely.

He had a hot spell but that's gone now.

He'd flop in the Championship, he's been good value for money and I like his attitude and commitment but I don't think he has the quality to play down South.

Hopefully Stevo does sign a new contract, he has been easily our best player this season even though he has been played out of position. His performance at Hibs last season when Zaliukas got sent off was top class, he never stopped running, led the line well and scored a brilliant goal. We would be stupid to let a player leave who can shoot, dribble and always gives 100%. The people one here who don't like him will never change their mind no matter what he does.

cost ?20,000 so surely cash in, if not another wage saved at the end of the day!!!

plenty other players that can play centre mid or up front, but he has done well

But its not really cashing in is it? If you think we'd get double what we paid you're an optimist. In terms of our current problems it's next to nothing. As for saving on his wage, well i can't imagine he's on much at all so he's probably better in the team for 6 months than saving c50k in wages.

fabienleclerq

Stevo's just built a new house and has a newborn baby if im correct? Id imagine unless it's silly money he would want to stay.

IMO our most consistant player this year.Also he's been playing up front,not his natural position and while he's done a good job i wouldn't sign him to play up front.DM i will doubt sign him to play up front so unless he saw enough of him in midfield for ayr i cant see it happening.

But its not really cashing in is it? If you think we'd get double what we paid you're an optimist. In terms of our current problems it's next to nothing. As for saving on his wage, well i can't imagine he's on much at all so he's probably better in the team for 6 months than saving c50k in wages.

well even still, we need to make as much money as possible mate : )

Stevo's just built a new house and has a newborn baby if im correct? Id imagine unless it's silly money he would want to stay.

IMO our most consistant player this year.Also he's been playing up front,not his natural position and while he's done a good job i wouldn't sign him to play up front.DM i will doubt sign him to play up front so unless he saw enough

of him in midfield for ayr i cant see it happening.

Was he not playing in the middle of the park under JJ?

DM apparently also wanted him whilst at Ayr and could double his wages easily moving down south.

Stevo has the kind of attitude the likes of DM likes in a player so I wouldn't be surprised if he left to be honest.

fabienleclerq

Was he not playing in the middle of the park under JJ?

DM apparently also wanted him whilst at Ayr and could double his wages easily moving down south.

Stevo has the kind of attitude the likes of DM likes in a player so I wouldn't be surprised if he left to be honest.

I think it was JJ who had him up front first.

I wouldn't be suprised either but i think he'll be one who stays.

Given English clubs are used to paying a premium. And as you've said he isnt one we need off the wage bill.

Holding out for ?350k-?400k wouldnt be unreasonable. Might seem a tad optimistic but players have been signed from non-league English clubs for similiar money!

IMO our most consistant player this year.Also he's been playing up front,not his natural position and while he's done a good job i wouldn't sign him to play up front.DM i will doubt sign him to play up front so unless he saw enough of him in midfield for ayr i cant see it happening.

He isn't that young and won't be on a decent wage with us and is unlikely to have made a lot of money so far in his career,this would be a good chance of making a bit of dosh down South, he'd be mad not to go if given the chance.

Given English clubs are used to paying a premium. And as you've said he isnt one we need off the wage bill.

Holding out for ?350k-?400k wouldnt be unreasonable. Might seem a tad optimistic but players have been signed from non-league English clubs for similiar money!

Anything like that figure and we'd surely bite their hand off! <_<

Thanks for the new good news first. The thought of McDonald in goals all season worries me.

Maybe I've just been spoilt over the years, but I don't rate him.

Thunderstruck

All of this because of some idle speculation by a lazy journalist working for the Hibsman. It's not even a new bit of idle speculation.

Anything like that figure and we'd surely bite their hand off! <_<

Richard Brodie was transfered between two Blue Square league sides for ?275,000. Thats non league! The money down south is silly. He is still under contract and we should hold out for an offer to make it worth our while.

Are they in talks with anyone else? Elliott or Black?

JamboAberdeen

Though he has been better bunch of players so far this season, any offer coming with hard cash should be accepted instantly.

This applies to everyone at current squad.

Good news.

I hope they stick to their guns and let the rest go. We would, finally be at a manageable squad level. Assuming this is the plan, Holt, Walker & Smith need to get game time this season to prepare them for next year.

Charlie-Brown

Eggert club captain next season, NAP.

He will have to agree & sign a new contract first though as he's out of contract next summer.

Malcolm Tucker

He will have to agree & sign a new contract first though as he's out of contract next summer.

I think he'll sign, huge chance for him to step up and become a major player in a team that's getting younger and younger.

I know it's a rag, but seen this earlier at work.

My link

jamboinglasgow

Eggert club captain next season, NAP.

I reckon (and I think this will be unpopular with some) that Andy Webster will be our captain next season.

I reckon (and I think this will be unpopular with some) that Andy Webster will be our captain next season.

Yep, with Eggert as vice-captain.

Malcolm Tucker

Surely Webster's on a high wage?

Is he likely to stay?

jamboinglasgow

Surely Webster's on a high wage?

Is he likely to stay?

Dont know is the answer, but I do think he is an ideal player to have around a young team, Levein trusted him and made him captain at Dundee United. Webster got the best out of Kenneth and seemed to work well for the team.

Malcolm Tucker

Dont know is the answer, but I do think he is an ideal player to have around a young team, Levein trusted him and made him captain at Dundee United. Webster got the best out of Kenneth and seemed to work well for the team.

I fully agree, if he stays he's a stand-out for the captaincy. I said Eggert on the assumption that Webster would leave, as he's a well paid squad member.

Long-term though, Eggy is the man for the armband.

His hair deserves it alone.

That is good news thats 2 players who definitely must stay and are worthy of extended contracts :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

I fully agree, if he stays he's a stand-out for the captaincy. I said Eggert on the assumption that Webster would leave, as he's a well paid squad member.

Long-term though, Eggy is the man for the armband.

His hair deserves it alone.

I would agree with that, the hair is of a 50s captain, and he should change his name to Harry Walker.

It would really surprise me if the plan is to get rid of all the higher/potentially higher earners as you then have no means of retaining the best youngsters for any length of time and maximize their value.

We need to have 6-8 players on a high/higher wage, up to 8/9k max, and then fill the squad with cheaper youngsters and a few cheaper experienced pros.

The problem is we have to many of the higher earners and also cheaper experienced pros that it makes the squad far to big and makes it hard for the youngsters to impose themselves in the first team.

If we try to keep;

Zali, Webster, hamil, grainger, jonsson, driver, temps, kello, black, sutton and taouil (some of these will need to stay due to contract length) that will form the spine of the squad. Add 10/12 of the young fringe players and the best u19 ie macgowan, novi, Robinson, smith, holt, mchattie, ect, ect the squad will have a good balance between youth and experience.

You will then try to get rid of;

Barr, Obua, Kyle, Adrian, Elliot, Elliott, Suso, Balough, Glen, Rudi, and probably a few I've forgotten + the ones that don't want to re-sign, but which you'd rather keep, and the squad will be 2.5 - 3 m better off.

Gregory House M.D.

It would really surprise me if the plan is to get rid of all the higher/potentially higher earners as you then have no means of retaining the best youngsters for any length of time and maximize their value.

We need to have 6-8 players on a high/higher wage, up to 8/9k max, and then fill the squad with cheaper youngsters and a few cheaper experienced pros.

The problem is we have to many of the higher earners and also cheaper experienced pros that it makes the squad far to big and makes it hard for the youngsters to impose themselves in the first team.

If we try to keep;

Zali, Webster, hamil, grainger, jonsson, driver, temps, kello, black, sutton and taouil (some of these will need to stay due to contract length) that will form the spine of the squad. Add 10/12 of the young fringe players and the best u19 ie macgowan, novi, Robinson, smith, holt, mchattie, ect, ect the squad will have a good balance between youth and experience.

You will then try to get rid of;

Barr, Obua, Kyle, Adrian, Elliot, Elliott, Suso, Balough, Glen, Rudi, and probably a few I've forgotten + the ones that don't want to re-sign, but which you'd rather keep, and the squad will be 2.5 - 3 m better off.

I disagree.

I'd keep: MacDonald, Webster, McGowan, Jonsson and Sutton, Hamill & Grainger.

Sell/Let go the rest of the 1st team and high earning fringe players.

I'd then hope to see:

MacDonald

Hamill Webster McGowan Grainger

Jonsson

D.Smith Holt Robinson Novikovas

Sutton.

I disagree.

I'd keep: MacDonald, Webster, McGowan, Jonsson and Sutton, Hamill & Grainger.

Sell/Let go the rest of the 1st team and high earning fringe players.

I'd then hope to see:

MacDonald

Hamill Webster McGowan Grainger

Jonsson

D.Smith Holt Robinson Novikovas

Sutton.

Saves more money, but doesn't leave you with much experience. It's a fine line and if we cut back too much the youngsters will suffer. I think it is very easy to under estimate the ability and influence the likes of kello, black and zaliukas have on the team.

Archived