Ryan Stevenson

imcd

It would really surprise me if the plan is to get rid of all the higher/potentially higher earners as you then have no means of retaining the best youngsters for any length of time and maximize their value.

We need to have 6-8 players on a high/higher wage, up to 8/9k max, and then fill the squad with cheaper youngsters and a few cheaper experienced pros.

The problem is we have to many of the higher earners and also cheaper experienced pros that it makes the squad far to big and makes it hard for the youngsters to impose themselves in the first team.

If we try to keep;

Zali, Webster, hamil, grainger, jonsson, driver, temps, kello, black, sutton and taouil (some of these will need to stay due to contract length) that will form the spine of the squad. Add 10/12 of the young fringe players and the best u19 ie macgowan, novi, Robinson, smith, holt, mchattie, ect, ect the squad will have a good balance between youth and experience.

You will then try to get rid of;

Barr, Obua, Kyle, Adrian, Elliot, Elliott, Suso, Balough, Glen, Rudi, and probably a few I've forgotten + the ones that don't want to re-sign, but which you'd rather keep, and the squad will be 2.5 - 3 m better off.

While I agree with most of that, there is no way in hell we will have 6-8 players on that sort of wage.

We'll be lucky if they are on half that come the summer. That's why we are in such a mess with debt.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we retain Webster, Eggert, Stevenson, Grainger, Temps and players like McGowan & Robinson establish them selfs as regulars with Pyrychenko, Holt, Walker etc involved in the first team squad.

Wouldn't mind seeing a team like:

------------------MacDonald------------------

McGowan, Webster, Balatoni, Grainger

----------------------Eggert---------------------

-------------Stevenson, Robinson-----------

------Templeton, Smith, Novikovas--------

scott herbertson

While I agree with most of that, there is no way in hell we will have 6-8 players on that sort of wage.

We'll be lucky if they are on half that come the summer. That's why we are in such a mess with debt.

Indeed - if you count that up it comes to over ?3million pa just on those players. We need the whole expenditure on salaries to equal about ?5million max.

And that's if we have an owner who can afford sweeeties like debt for equity swaps. With 'Hearts minded' businessmen in charge, and paying back VR, we need an annual salary bill where our players are paying US about ?5million. :whistling:

It would really surprise me if the plan is to get rid of all the higher/potentially higher earners as you then have no means of retaining the best youngsters for any length of time and maximize their value.

We need to have 6-8 players on a high/higher wage, up to 8/9k max, and then fill the squad with cheaper youngsters and a few cheaper experienced pros.

The problem is we have to many of the higher earners and also cheaper experienced pros that it makes the squad far to big and makes it hard for the youngsters to impose themselves in the first team.

If we try to keep;

Zali, Webster, hamil, grainger, jonsson, driver, temps, kello, black, sutton and taouil (some of these will need to stay due to contract length) that will form the spine of the squad. Add 10/12 of the young fringe players and the best u19 ie macgowan, novi, Robinson, smith, holt, mchattie, ect, ect the squad will have a good balance between youth and experience.

You will then try to get rid of;

Barr, Obua, Kyle, Adrian, Elliot, Elliott, Suso, Balough, Glen, Rudi, and probably a few I've forgotten + the ones that don't want to re-sign, but which you'd rather keep, and the squad will be 2.5 - 3 m better off.

Is that for them all?

Is that for them all?

I just think that you need a structure that will allow the club to retain the best players in the squad when their deals run down.

I suppose it depends on what the wage budget will be. If it's 8m then you can have 25 players on an average of 6k per week each. With in that if you have 5 youngsters on 2k you could have 5 more established players on 10k per week. The idea would be to promote a youngster in to the team at the lower wage bracket, allow them to establish themselves, and then offer them an improved deal just before they are sold or become a longer term servant to the club on an affordable wage.

The problem is we currently have to many players on huge wages that don't play. An improved structure would only reward a youngster with a bigger wage once they had proven themselves ie Berra/Webster. Hopefully it would mean we won't need to take a chance on the likes of Barr, obua, sutton in the future as the players will need to establish themselves at hearts to get better money.

all clubs need a spine to the team, so i'd we keep the likes of Kello, webby and cant imagine grainger and hamill are on huge wages after coming from saints and killie, so we have a decent defence with back up from Mcgowan, balatoni and Mchattie and a few of the young ones. Mid field we can off load a few including obua, black, skacel(unfortunately) plus clum, glen and elloitt and when you throw in the likes of barr, Kyle(who is finished anyway). When you add in suso and possibly driver we could cut the wage bill drastically and still have a team that is contesting for third place plus who ever is manager will hopefully be able to b ring in some new faces. we are still the third biggest club in the land and can afford to pay more than other teams so its not all doom and gloom!!!

8/9k each? :blink:

but they are all worth it :whistling::blink:

I would have the team as below

----------Macdonald----------------

hamil mcgowan webby grainger

-----------Eggy-----------------

-------Holt Robinson

Temps

---------Sutton Smith

Stevenson unless on a low wage would be gone, he is headless in midfield and as much as he works hard up front he aint no goalscorer

Hopefully we can get rid of the many players surplus to requirements in January, which means we can keep Rudi until the summer for our assult on the BIG CUP :whistling:

8/9k each? :blink:

Yea, unless we're going to cut the wage bill to ?3-4m there needs to be some sort of pay scale that gives an incentive for best young players to stay after their first contract expires.

If the best of youth players sign a 3-4 year deal when they're 18/19, just as they break in to the first team, we need to have the scope to offer improved deals to the ones that have been the most successful or they will leave for less than market value.

If we are to be sustainable, and perhaps actually eat away slowly at the debt, nobody at hearts should be on a wage anywhere near 8 or 9 grand a week basic. Nobody else in the SPL (outwith a certain pair) pay anywhere near that. I'd be looking at a wage structure of ?5k a week at most (still better probably everyone else). Add some bonus incentives, and we'd still be able to attract players of a good SPL standard, and give younger players something to aim for.

Hopefully we can get rid of the many players surplus to requirements in January, which means we can keep Rudi until the summer for our assult on the BIG CUP :whistling:

Yea, Rudi won't be staying though, I'm fairly confident about that.

Archived