How are we so bad

tommythejambo

Charlie-Brown

Kevin Kyle sadly injury prone possibly finished?

Stephen Elliott & John Sutton - decent players on their day but sadly those days are too infrequent to be worth the money. Costing us a lot more than they are giving back in return and before people say but they haven't been playing remember the reason for that is their own previous poorer performances that put them out the team.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just put this on another thread but I think it fits here too.

The reason we are so bad is simple.

Our squad is too big. We have an unmanagable amount of players.

Our players are paid too much. They don't deserve that much and we can't afford it.

And lastly, we have the worst manager in the ENTIRE world.

We have not had a good couple of recognised goal scorers in years. You don't win games without goals. I really like stevenson but he is not a striker. Its so blatantly obvious and has been for a few seaons I dont know why a proven goal scorer has not been brought in.

There is no coincidence that since the start of our wages fiasco (last month) we've hardly kicked a ball or even scored a goal. All the people, pundits who go on the airwaves and report in the papers of a great squad togetherness..... aye right what a load of tosh!!! If it was me personally who wasn't get paid by my employer, or even given realistic insurances of when my salary will arrive, i'm hardly going to go the extra yard for my employer. In football terms, the players are hardly going to burst a gut, go flying into tackles, even go in where it hurts when realistically any injury may prevent a move in Jan. IMO that's the problem, until the club start functioning properly e.g paying salaries regularly we will continue to struggle. The club is a shambles (barring the under 19s) who , for some unknown reason, are hardly getting a sniff of the 1st team when you consider the form of some of our 1st teamers.

Depressing times, which may only get worse as the season is fast approaching, if not already there, a complete write-off! Players are just going through the motions, which is a shame as realistically we have enough quality to be up there, but why would they try... in all seriousness when they aren't getting paid.

Vlad GTF...sooner the better!!!

There is no coincidence that since the start of our wages fiasco (last month) we've hardly kicked a ball or even scored a goal. All the people, pundits who go on the airwaves and report in the papers of a great squad togetherness..... aye right what a load of tosh!!! If it was me personally who wasn't get paid by my employer, or even given realistic insurances of when my salary will arrive, i'm hardly going to go the extra yard for my employer. In football terms, the players are hardly going to burst a gut, go flying into tackles, even go in where it hurts when realistically any injury may prevent a move in Jan. IMO that's the problem, until the club start functioning properly e.g paying salaries regularly we will continue to struggle. The club is a shambles (barring the under 19s) who , for some unknown reason, are hardly getting a sniff of the 1st team when you consider the form of some of our 1st teamers.

Depressing times, which may only get worse as the season is fast approaching, if not already there, a complete write-off! Players are just going through the motions, which is a shame as realistically we have enough quality to be up there, but why would they try... in all seriousness when they aren't getting paid.

This

Geoff Kilpatrick

We actually played well yesterday.

We fell out of the game because of Sergio's tactical changes and starting to hoof it up the park.

JJ should've had more time IMO I kept saying it and he got sacked and there was ppl on here saying it was the right decision which it wasn't he shouldve had another five games. now ppl are moaning at Paulo for not performing miracles what do ppl actually expect seriously .

Geoff Kilpatrick

JJ should've had more time IMO I kept saying it and he got sacked and there was ppl on here saying it was the right decision which it wasn't he shouldve had another five games. now ppl are moaning at Paulo for not performing miracles what do ppl actually expect seriously .

I expect our overpaid, mediocre, pish to get results.

Our wage bill is 500% at least of Motherwell's and they are 10 points ahead of us.

We're simply at the climax or end game of Romanov's ownership of us.

The money mismanagement

The squad mismanagement

The mistreatment of players

The scattergun approach to managers

It has all added up and Romanov now hasn't the means to sort it out (although his basketball venture appears to be well funded)

It isn't complicated. This is really always how it was going to end up

john brownlee

We actually played well yesterday.

We fell out of the game because of Sergio's tactical changes and starting to hoof it up the park.

I agree with the first part, however

I think the difference yesterday was

Hearts good quality and skillful players but no grit

dundee utd average hard working players lots of grit

Whle expectations are higher at Hearts and players ARE expected to give more than they did at their previous club, i don`t buy the problem up front is Sutton`s pace or his effort..or lack of it from anyone else.

Sutton was provided with great service at Motherwell. Players got to the byline and got the ball over, it let him attack the ball on the front foot. Midfielders got into the box and added a threat which would give a forward more space to find chances.

This comes back to the manager not adapting the team to suit players. It`s not Sutton`s fault he isn`t lightning but it reminds me of Boyd at Rangers. Smith knew he had a good finisher in Boyd and shaped the team accordingly to provide him with the appropriate service and get the best from him.

It`s not to say these players aren`t there to work hard but Boyd/ Sutton are never going to turn, take 2 or 3 guys on and ram the ball into the net. They are chance sniffers who can put them away if you get players up there with them.

I would like a pacey, skilful frontman with more variety to his game but we don`t have that just now and the manager isn`t adapting the team to the better values of the players we have. Under JJ we had no problem scoring with pretty much the same squad bar the newbies.

I expect our overpaid, mediocre, pish to get results.

Our wage bill is 500% at least of Motherwell's and they are 10 points ahead of us.

If the last four years have taught us anything it is that it doesn't matter how much big our wage bill is we always struggle to beat teams that are in the top 6

We have not played a bad game since St Johnstone, that was way back in September.

Exactly, and that was the only bad performance of the season IMO (not including Spurs at home of course).

I'm sure this thread is some sort of competition for who can be the biggest roaster on Kickback. I can only assume that most of the posters don't actualy attend games. Anybody who has seen us play and has an IQ in triple figures must surely see that the ONLY thing that is lacking at the moment is a bit of luck in front of goal.

The simple fact is that if we had scored even a fifth of the chances we have created in the games we have lost or drawn lately this thread would not exist and we would all be drooling about how good we are playing under the 'Portugese dud'.

The fact that team morale must be on the floor just now must have passed some folk by as well.

Archived