How are we so bad

tommythejambo

southside1874

Absolutely nothing to do with knowledge of the Scottish game, everything to do with having to put up with previous managers poor signings

I would have thought his lack of knowledge has led to us not scoring goals because of his lack of knowledge about our players and opposition players then he has developed a defensive set up. What words of comfort can he offer his players before a game on how to annoy his opponent? How can he help the player win the individual battle on the pitch???

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts

And I'd also like your thoughts on how Sergio has his hands tied with the whole wages thing and the club going on sale seeing as you are using an injury to a injury prone striker JJ signed as an excuse for JJ.

My thoughts on Paulo Sergio were cemented long before any wage issues AP.

southside1874

Hate to say it, but i?m with Drylaw on this one.

JJ?s team form dipped because we had 3rd place tied up by xmas.

What we didn?t have was a replacement for KK.

I think this year the players would?ve done us a turn. Im just glad JJ isn?t here to have to deal with the "no wages paid" malarky.

What I would say is that if Vlad leaves us in a solvent state to new owners, he will be the single greatest thing ever to happen to Heart of Midlothian.

This.

Drylaw Hearts

Didn't he come from Kaunas? If he did it really cost us nowt.

Pointless this because regardless you will always lay the blame with Vlad.

FBK players cost us nowt ???

You really think that ??

Incredible.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Nope.

You'll be hard pushed to find a post from having a go at VR for not spending more money on recruiting players.

So because he offered a solution who wasn't good enough as opposed to saying "No cash" then that's a reason to have a pop?

The point is that JJ never changed the system that pivoted around Kyle because there was no suitable replacement. The guy he sent over clearly wasn't good enough but then JJ persisted with the same system rather than change the system.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think this year the players would?ve done us a turn. Im just glad JJ isn?t here to have to deal with the "no wages paid" malarky.

What I would say is that if Vlad leaves us in a solvent state to new owners, he will be the single greatest thing ever to happen to Heart of Midlothian.

One key point though - we had an opportunity at a cup run and blew that.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

My thoughts on Paulo Sergio were cemented long before any wage issues AP.

Which just proves your opinion is laughable.

You think JJ, who hadn't won in 14 games, would have turned us around but think Sergio is useless after quite an average start to his Hearts career.

Deary me. There is not a single bit of logic applied to that. None whatsoever.

Also you cling on to the Kyle thing but you forget it was JJ who signed him knowing his injury history better than most.

Massive risk that backfired on JJ big time.

Francis Albert

Early in the New Year we were far closer to top than fourth, but we decided to "consolidate 3rd" and (utterly predictably) hardly won a game thereafter, and we still didn't have 3rd "tied up" by April.

Libertonian_II

Hamill is no better than what was there previously. Sutton IMO is shit and Taioul hasn't lived up to expectations

Stevenson and Elliott haven't done much either

FBK players cost us nowt ???

You really think that ??

Incredible.

I'll rephrase.

This boy they got in Jan.Who was with us for 5 months? Cost us peanuts. I'm not talking about Bednar,Goncalves etc this was a guy who came in for a few months.

If JJ had his way in Jan and got a striker.Do you think he would have taken Sutton? Yes I'd say he would have. Would he have changed his style of play (since Sutton can't play the Kyle role) Not a chance.

Drylaw Hearts

So because he offered a solution who wasn't good enough as opposed to saying "No cash" then that's a reason to have a pop?

The point is that JJ never changed the system that pivoted around Kyle because there was no suitable replacement. The guy he sent over clearly wasn't good enough but then JJ persisted with the same system rather than change the system.

Of course its a reason.

VR was willing to spend the cash on a striker as long as he picked.

What sort of half-baked shit is that ?

JJ should have changed the system. However...3rd was the goal and thats where we finished.

It was very like 2005/06 when we where miles ahead of Rangers but somehow had to wait until the 2nd last game to clinch it. Did it matter when we clinched it ? Nope.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'll rephrase.

This boy they got in Jan.Who was with us for 5 months? Cost us peanuts. I'm not talking about Bednar,Goncalves etc this was a guy who came in for a few months.

If JJ had his way in Jan and got a striker.Do you think he would have taken Sutton? Yes I'd say he would have. Would he have changed his style of play (since Sutton can't play the Kyle role) Not a chance.

Stop using logic Beats.

Drylaw Hearts

I'll rephrase.

I don't think JJ would have signed Sutton as that would have meant a transfer fee.

A loan deal will have been a more likely option imo.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Of course its a reason.

VR was willing to spend the cash on a striker as long as he picked.

What sort of half-baked shit is that ?

JJ should have changed the system. However...3rd was the goal and thats where we finished.

It was very like 2005/06 when we where miles ahead of Rangers but somehow had to wait until the 2nd last game to clinch it. Did it matter when we clinched it ? Nope.

How much do you think Razulis cost?

Who would you have nominated for that cost to fill that role?

Half-baked? :laugh: - dear pot, love kettle.

I don't think JJ would have signed Sutton as that would have meant a transfer fee.

A loan deal will have been a more likely option imo.

On that note I'm away to open the vodka.

Drylaw Hearts

How much do you think Razulis cost?

Who would you have nominated for that cost to fill that role?

Half-baked? :laugh: - dear pot, love kettle.

We gave that chump a 2 year contract.

Do you think that was a smart move by VR ?

Geoff Kilpatrick

No, I don't.

But that isn't the question. Who would you have signed for that cost?

JJ gave Kyle a two year contract and he's in a wheelchair now.

Geoff Kilpatrick

What cost ?

The cost of his contract. After all, you are saying Vlad made funds available to sign him. Who could JJ have got for the same cost?

Libertonian_II

Also you cling on to the Kyle thing but you forget it was JJ who signed him knowing his injury history better than most.

Massive risk that backfired on JJ big time.

The KK myth grows all the time. An injury prone player whose presence was probably more valuable than his ability. I think he managed about 2 goals from open play

Drylaw Hearts

JJ gave Kyle a two year contract and he's in a wheelchair now.

Please don't compare signing KK to signing Razulis.

That would be foolish.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The KK myth grows all the time. An injury prone player whose presence was probably more valuable than his ability. I think he managed about 2 goals from open play

Kyle's goals aren't the issue. His ability to play with his back to goal and take two defenders to him created space for Skacel and Templeton to play in.

That's why it worked.

Drylaw Hearts

The cost of his contract. After all, you are saying Vlad made funds available to sign him. Who could JJ have got for the same cost?

You know.....I don't appear to have to hand a list of strikers who were available in January 2011.

Sorry.

I was a fan of Kyle but there was always a high chance it was going to end up like this.

Still, it's all the boards fault. We should have magiced up some invisible money to buy a great new striker.

Libertonian_II

Kyle's goals aren't the issue. His ability to play with his back to goal and take two defenders to him created space for Skacel and Templeton to play in.

That's why it worked.

Here's me thinking he was a forward....

Geoff Kilpatrick

Here's me thinking he was a forward....

Mark Hughes was a great forward but never a great goalscorer.

The system we played with Kyle relied on the goals coming from the 3 players behind him who were all facing towards goal rather than playing with their backs to goal. Just like in 05-06 when Bednar and Jankauskas weren't our top scorers yet they were forwards.

Drylaw Hearts

Still, it's all the boards fault. We should have magiced up some invisible money to buy a great new striker.

:sob:

What lunatic is saying that ?

Geoff Kilpatrick

You know.....I don't appear to have to hand a list of strikers who were available in January 2011.

Sorry.

So an alternative is suggested who isn't good enough and you criticise it, yet you couldn't identify any available forwards as alternatives?

Good stuff.

Libertonian_II

The system we played with Kyle relied on the goals coming from the 3 players behind him who were all facing towards goal rather than playing with their backs to goal. Just like in 05-06 when Bednar and Jankauskas weren't our top scorers yet they were forwards.

Sorry Geoff but I think that all the players mentioned above have scored more goals than KK

Drylaw Hearts

So an alternative is suggested who isn't good enough and you criticise it, yet you couldn't identify any available forwards as alternatives?

Good stuff.

I didn't realise I had to offer an alternative - that was the job of JJ.

:sob:

What lunatic is saying that ?

What were you saying then?

A loan deal? :lol:

Something that has never happened under Mr Romanov?

Something Mr Jim would have been well aware of?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sorry Geoff but I think that all the players mentioned above have scored more goals than KK

I'm not arguing that.

The point is that Kyle's role was not that of a goalscorer. His best play was outside the 18 yard box. Goalscoring fell to the likes of Rudi getting beyond him after a flick on or play being held up.

Drylaw Hearts

What were you saying then?

A loan deal? :lol:

Something that has never happened under Mr Romanov?

Something Mr Jim would have been well aware of?

We didn't loan players ?

Really ?

Really ?

I mean.....REALLY ?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ah!

So given the players JJ was interested in, how many do you think did he have in the same wage bracket as Razulis?

I'm willing to wager 0.

Libertonian_II

I was a fan of Kyle but there was always a high chance it was going to end up like this.

I think the Board(VR) stood back and said to the professionals; "go for it guys". They did - we got Sutton, Kyle and Elliott. Over 2 seasons their total goals must at least make double figures.......

southside1874

It wouldn't have mattered really as we wouldn't have got better than 3rd anyway and it was probably JJs willingness to accept this that became the outcome.

Drylaw Hearts

Ah!

So given the players JJ was interested in, how many do you think did he have in the same wage bracket as Razulis?

I'm willing to wager 0.

I doubt will never know the answer to that question.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Good post, Geoff.

I thought there were glimpses in the first half of Skacel and Templeton playing like they did a year ago. I think that's probably because they had a forward to play off.

We didn't loan players ?

Really ?

Really ?

I mean.....REALLY ?

:rolleyes:

Not a Kaunas loan. That was over by the time JJ got here.

We got a Kaunas loan but you're greeting about it.

I remember JJ signing another striker called Steven Elliott and he is utter guff.

Drylaw Hearts

:rolleyes:

Not a Kaunas loan. That was over by the time JJ got here.

We got a Kaunas loan but you're greeting about it.

I remember JJ signing another striker called Steven Elliott and he is utter guff.

Loan Deal :

0,,10289~9105257,00.jpg

Loan Deal :

3525062757.jpg

And JJ did sign Elliott....a player well worth taking a chance on and who has scored a few important goals.

Overall he hasn't been great though. I fail to see what that has to do with VR signing a FBK dud though.

Imagine Sergio signed Elliott, you'd be fuming. Why did we need yet another striker if he had two?

You've listed two players there that costs ******* shitloads. You are aware we are skint?

More likely that JJ was told to take what he was given in January with the promise of signing Sutton in the summer on a free because we couldn't afford anything else.

That is reasonable imo, shame he couldn't keep his side of the bargain and win games to stay in a job.

Drylaw Hearts

Imagine Sergio signed Elliott, you'd be fuming. Why did we need yet another striker if he had two?

Eh......because one was injured.

You are having a bit a mare here AP.

You've listed two players there that costs ******* shitloads. You are aware we are skint?

The cost of those players is irrelevant. You said we have never loaned player under VR which was utter nonsense.

More likely that JJ was told to take what he was given in January with the promise of signing Sutton in the summer on a free because we couldn't afford anything else.

But we could afford to bring over another FBK'er ??

That is reasonable imo, shame he couldn't keep his side of the bargain and win games to stay in a job.

JJ did what was the realistic target and finished 3rd.

We won't do that under Paulo Sergio.

Clum was..is nothing more than a squad player who found his level when he went out on loan to Livi,the thing with Sergio is he has the excuse of it's not his pick of squad,it's Mr Jims team if truth be told but his tactics seem to be one dimentional and other teams sus out our tactics or call it pattern of play fairly easy but the major factor is it is clear as day that changes are needed but Paulo takes forever to put his subs on and when he does he(not saying I know better)he tends to make the wrong call I.M.O.

:lol:

Right you are Drylaw. JJ signed two acomplished strikers in KK and SE as well as Stevenson yet we were still desperate for another 5 months into the season and you reckon it's VR's fault? :blink:

We probably won't finish third but it won't be down to Sergio, come January we'll be watching a very different Hearts.

Goodnight sweet prince xxx

Drylaw Hearts

:lol:

Right you are Drylaw. JJ signed two acomplished strikers in KK and SE as well as Stevenson yet we were still desperate for another 5 months into the season and you reckon it's VR's fault? :blink:

We probably won't finish third but it won't be down to Sergio, come January we'll be watching a very different Hearts.

Goodnight sweet prince xxx

I think VR has to take a fair portion of the blame for signing the Lith rather than let the manager sign someone he wanted. No ?

And I have no doubt we'll be watching a very different Hearts side that has no chance of finishing 3rd. Now it won't be the fault of PS or even JJ - it will be the fault of VR.

His reckless spending habits over the past 6 years have finally caught up with him.

southside1874

Clum was..is nothing more than a squad player who found his level when he went out on loan to Livi,the thing with Sergio is he has the excuse of it's not his pick of squad,it's Mr Jims team if truth be told but his tactics seem to be one dimentional and other teams sus out our tactics or call it pattern of play fairly easy but the major factor is it is clear as day that changes are needed but Paulo takes forever to put his subs on and when he does he(not saying I know better)he tends to make the wrong call I.M.O.

Due to the lack of knowledge of his own players and his opponents. In most other countries players play their game and are responsible for themselves but for some reason in Scotland the manager gets on with the individual player and manages them. I don't think its a good thing but its a trait that is obvious with Fergie at Man Utd. Scottish football focuses massively on stopping the other player from playing at the moment. We are left with a pretty bad product. Even our National Team can play well against larger nations because we stop them from playing but when we play smaller nations we toil because we have to adapt to an alien tactic.

southside1874

I think VR has to take a fair portion of the blame for signing the Lith rather than let the manager sign someone he wanted. No ?

And I have no doubt we'll be watching a very different Hearts side that has no chance of finishing 3rd. Now it won't be the fault of PS or even JJ - it will be the fault of VR.

His reckless spending habits over the past 6 years have finally caught up with him.

It all stops at the boss at the end of the day. What folk fail to take into account was the difference in money between countries. Turning Lithuanian cash into pounds 3 years ago was a winner. The way the financial sector worked was splatter cash and if you has pounds it made a better return. I'm not sure about it now but looking at the way things have turned around financially, you can't say the guy should have done something different in hindsight. He is a banker after all.......

portobellojambo1

That's why it worked.

I think you will struggle on this one Geoff, through no fault of your own, but through the ignorance of some who roll up to Tynecastle/away when it pleases them. There are many who don't know or understand the difference between a target man and a goalscorer and it really isn't worth wasting time on idiots.

Archived