How are we so bad

tommythejambo

tommythejambo

Answers on a postcard.

How can the 3rd highest paid team be NOTHING like 3rd best?

Also, how can we look so fired up when we play the old firm at home, but so rank rotten the rest of the time?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOULD YOU DO YOUR JOB WELL IF YOU WERE CONTINUALLY NOT GIVEN YOUR WAGES ON TIME

WOULD YOUR WORK PLACE BE HAPPY

Fermit the Krog

If you had kids in school and didn't know where in the country you were likely to be living in January and you currently didn't know when you were likely to be paid I think your mind might not be 100% on your current job.

Because we don't play our players in the right positions and we don't pay them either?

Other than McGowan, we played everyone in their position today.... no?

Sheriff Fatman

If you had kids in school and didn't know where in the country you were likely to be living in January and you currently didn't know when you were likely to be paid I think your mind might not be 100% on your current job.

But then, they would surely want to show any future employee that they were professional and not given to taking the hump.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Because we have an average team and the opposition have proper strikers. Simples

Geoff Kilpatrick

Other than McGowan, we played everyone in their position today.... no?

And ironically, he was our best player.

Fermit the Krog

But then, they would surely want to show any future employee that they were professional and not given to taking the hump.

Possibly.

I still wouldn't be focussed totally on my current job.

jesus h christ.

it's looking mum & dad. uncertainty for the club, totally skint, losing a few games, can't score, getting no luck...

the cherry on top is the inevitable SEETHE from the kickback goon squadron.

Things have been F-ked up for a while now at Hearts. Sergio is probably punching above his weight with the performances if we're honest. I'm surprised we've not been playing a lot worse than that.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Perhaps.

But given that your agent will be selling you to every club in the UK and beyond, and potential scouts could be there to watch you, you would at least want individual standards to be maintained.

That said, our subs made the team worse today, not better.

Jambof3tornado

sounded like we played well and were unlucky but lets not worry about that and just slag off all the players as per usual!!!

bunch of ******s!!!

Gordon Ramsay

We're quite good at keeping possession now but still not great at creating clear cut chances. Unlucky today but we need to start picking up points.

Fermit the Krog

I blame sergio this whole turn round in style has made us rotten.

What turn round in style?

:mellow:

We were playing the exact same style in January as we are now.

We all know where the blame lies really though.

We've been struggling since Kyle got injured back in January.

Utterly desperate for a striker who will cause bother in the opposition box. No surprise though - haven't had a decent one for years.

kingantti1874

I like Sergio but he's not a great manger... But we have been ahite or a year including JJs last 20 games

We played well today. Nothing going our way though just now.

The usual idiots will be on talking nonsense tonight it seems!

This! We were incredibly unlucky today that first half is possibly the best we've been in months.

Fermit the Krog

Perhaps.

But given that your agent will be selling you to every club in the UK and beyond, and potential scouts could be there to watch you, you would at least want individual standards to be maintained.

I get that Geoff.

I can only relate my personal experiences in some workplaces though.

"We are playing well, we just can't get the goals" Colin Calderwood Hibernian Manager. Slated by all.

Now Hearts are "playing well, but ........"

I've seen enough of hearts playing pish in the past that I would gladly have them playing pish as long as they scored.

I like Sergio but he's not a great manger... But we have been ahite or a year including JJs last 20 games

See, JJ`s last period always gets brought up. Personally, i don`t think we`d have this start under JJ...before anyone starts im not jumping on PS......

JJ knew how to get the team scoring goals. He knew how to get at teams, he knew how to get certain things from certain players to make it happen....I`m not saying all the time, but we didn`t have a problem, really, finding the net under JJ.

There were still some decent performances under JJ`s during his "infamous" :rolleyes: last dozen games....the 3-3 v Motherwell in which we led 3-0 as we all know, but played extremely well until the erse fell out at the back. The 2-2 draw at Fester when we were well on top before another Zal headrush.....

PS may have us better on the ball, but he`s missing a vital ingredient of getting his players to focus on how we actually need to break teams down and score......20 passes in a row doesn`t win you games.

Other than Skacel - we have no ideas up front. Minimal movement when we have possession.

I think we have very little intelligence further up the field. Robbie Neilson spent thefirst half fouling constantly - we barely pressured him in the second half.

Fermit the Krog

20 passes in a row doesn`t win you games.

When was the last time we done that? Serious question.

I've said it before, the biggest problem we have now with the teams approach is that we have stopped doing what we started under PS.

We would be a hell of a lot further on today if he had persisted with what he set out with.

We all knew we were a work in progress but we were only going to improve (results weren't bad under that way of playing I may add)

As it is now, the players do not know if they are coming or going. The way we are set up now is so similar to how JJ had us operating but there are subtle differences - wingers told not to hit the byline but to cut inside, not as much emphasis on playing from the second ball etc.

Our current way of playing with the squad of players we have is doing us much more harm than good IMO.

We're not so bad. We are, as we have been for a long while, lacking in a potent forward line. Maybe there's one just around the corner, you know, like a ten year wave type thing, maybe 20 year.

Did we play any strikers today? Genuine question..I didnt pay any attention to the match today. Saw a (somthing) - Nil score a mile off.

Well today we played more direct football and tapped it about less, playing more high balls to the channels and up to Sutton. And time and again the ball was coming straight back to us, so I don't think your point stands.

alwaysthereinspirit

We're quite good at keeping possession now but still not great at creating clear cut chances. Unlucky today but we need to start picking up points.

If we dont score we have a chance of getting one point a game.

If we dont score we have no chance of getting three points. Ever.

Holding onto the ball does nothing for us if there's nothing to show for it at the end.

One of the summer signings unfit. The other three playing and looking at best very ordinary. Two wingers on at the end and pumping high balls up the middle! Anyway we were unlucky today but that is 6 points given to a poor poor united team! Think yourselves lucky you don't have to go to work in Dundee on Monday!

When was the last time we done that? Serious question.

I've said it before, the biggest problem we have now with the teams approach is that we have stopped doing what we started under PS.

We would be a hell of a lot further on today if he had persisted with what he set out with.

We all knew we were a work in progress but we were only going to improve (results weren't bad under that way of playing I may add)

As it is now, the players do not know if they are coming or going. The way we are set up now is so similar to how JJ had us operating but there are subtle differences - wingers told not to hit the byline but to cut inside, not as much emphasis on playing from the second ball etc.

Our current way of playing with the squad of players we have is doing us much more harm than good IMO.

The 20 passes thing was exaggerated to emphasis my point MJ. Have we lost the art of reading knock ons, anticipating balls into the box or having the desire to go for lost causes? I think so, are we just looking for the perfect goal now? The last few games have proved we toil if we go behind....we don`t have any sort of variety now.

Answers on a postcard.

Also, how can we look so fired up when we play the old firm at home, but so rank rotten the rest of the time?

We are third best. If even a fraction of the chances we create hit the net we would be unbeaten in the league, FACT. The players' minds, surprisingly enough are not 100% on the job at present.

Why is it so hard for people to understand this ??????

The question for me is have we really improved under Sergio?

JJ never got the time to turn things around imho.

He had more than Sergio though.

MacDonald Jardine

We are third best. If even a fraction of the chances we create hit the net we would be unbeaten in the league, FACT. The players' minds, surprisingly enough are not 100% on the job at present.

Why is it so hard for people to understand this ??????

Aye because we were on fire before the wages were not paid last month,

Just think how bad we will be after the January transfer window...

I disagree. I think that if the right players are dumped in january and the summer it will free the squad of the non-triers and wage thieves. Darren Barr for me is a prime example. Before joining us he was one of the best up and coming defenders in the UK and I saw it as a genuine coup that he joined us. He was a Scotland international and looked the part but in truth he has been a major disappointment and still picks up good wages. He is not alone mind you. Obua, Mrowiec, Taouil, Elliott to name a few are big earners but contribute next to nothing

The young lads such as Holt, Walker, Smith & Robinson will undoubtedly be used more often this season but they need good professionals around them to guide them through games. I really hope that the club retains atleast Webster & Stevenson from the more experienced group as they will be needed.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Probably a tad knee-jerk this, but if we're entering this new austerity I think I would rather just give the reins to Gary Locke and see what he can do. Keep the pressure off him, tell him to get the best out of the youngsters. Help him out with an experienced assistant - Sandy Clark maybe :ninja: .

Answers on a postcard.

Because there are many of those players vastly overrated, therefore vastly over paid.

Results against the Old Squirm are like bonus points, never judge the team on these games as thats when any player worth his salt will be fired up. The real questions are asked in games against the likes of United today. Also incase its not been mentioned today, Vlad replaced the manager after he put together his squad and handed it to someone who had barely even heard of the SPL.

Archived