John Sutton

basher161

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Sutton will lead the line this weekend against Dundee Utd :pleasing:

We need to change things up front, not scoring enough, lets hope Sutts can be the answer :thumbsup:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Expect the ball just to keep coming back at us then with very little pressure on their back four.

John Sutton will lead the line this weekend against Dundee Utd :pleasing:

Source?

If true, really hope he takes this chance - he was appalling against United at Tynecastle.

Expect the ball just to keep coming back at us then with very little pressure on their back four.

This. Along with Hearts Nil...

Source?

If true, really hope he takes this chance - he was appalling against United at Tynecastle.

Indeed. He was blowing out of his erse after half an hour and didn't win a single header. Hopefully we see a different player on Saturday. :thumbsup:

Nice bit of support on here already. Don't see how he can't do it? He scored plenty goals last season.

:yas:

About time!

Where did you read this?

United fans forum has same gif as KK - only with Gary Kenneyh.

Go on JS - read this and ram it right up us doubters.

Nice bit of support on here already. Don't see how he can't do it? He scored plenty goals last season.

If we continue with the long ball style we've been playing for the past month Kenneth will have him in his back packet. Seen it too many times recently against that lot.

If we change it up and start getting to the bye line then he may get on better. No evidence we are capable of this though.

If we continue with the long ball style we've been playing for the past month Kenneth will have him in his back packet. Seen it too many times recently against that lot.

If we change it up and start getting to the bye line then he may get on better. No evidence we are capable of this though.

Well lets hope Temps, Driver or whoever get to the byeline and provide the man with some decent service.

Johanes de Silentio

Well lets hope Temps, Driver or whoever get to the byeline and provide the man with some decent service.

Yup - get it wide - whip it in - whip it good - move forward. :thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

totally this,balls cut back from the bye line are a must,if that doesnt happen then dont expect miracles from sutton.

It won't have the same effect

:jbsmug:

Johanes de Silentio

Was there not a sticky a while back asking people not to post things about the line up in advance of the game?

Yup.

----------------Kello----------

--Hamill Webster Zaliukas McGowan--

---------------Jonsson----------------

--Templeton Stevenson Skacel Driver--

----------------Sutton----------------

And before anyone asks, I don't know what the team line up will be, but that would be my team.

The Old Tolbooth

hope im wrong but i bet he will be murder again, still good to see us playing with a striker tho! :thumbsup:

He probably will be to be honest, it's a lot to ask for a guy who's been wrongly frozen out for so long to just step back in and play a blinder, once he gets a run of games under his belt however then he might start to come onto a bit of form, I'm just chuffed he's getting his chance, and I pray to the wee man upstairs that he takes it! :thumbsup:

----------------Kello----------

--Hamill Webster Zaliukas McGowan--

---------------Jonsson----------------

--Templeton Stevenson Skacel Driver--

----------------Sutton----------------

And before anyone asks, I don't know what the team line up will be, but that would be my team.

I like the look of that team a lot. Much more creativity in midfield rather than the 3 cloggers we've been playing of late.

Thing is we have the players capable of this, so it must be down to the tactics. Train to play this way, tell the players to play this way, and it should happen.

So if Sutton & Driver are both supposed to be playing who isn't playing then?

Rudi and Taouil would be my bet.

The Old Tolbooth

I like the look of that team a lot. Much more creativity in midfield rather than the 3 cloggers we've been playing of late.

So do I, but I'd replace Rudi with Taouil away from home as he's more effective, we just know it won't happen like that though :(

link?

My guess would be:

Kello

Hammill

Webster

Zaliukas

McGowan

Jonsson

Mrowiec

Stevenson

Skacel

Templeton

Sutton

:whistling:

Charlie-Brown

My guess would be:

Kello

Hammill

Webster

Zaliukas

McGowan

Jonsson

Mrowiec

Stevenson

Skacel

Templeton

Sutton

:whistling:

What no Andy Driver? :whistling::rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow

Driver will not start.

So the person on the Andy Driver thread who said that Vlad has told Sergio to play Driver is wrong?

He probably will be to be honest, it's a lot to ask for a guy who's been wrongly frozen out for so long to just step back in and play a blinder, once he gets a run of games under his belt however then he might start to come onto a bit of form, I'm just chuffed he's getting his chance, and I pray to the wee man upstairs that he takes it! :thumbsup:

We need to give him more than one game before we make judgement as he is not match fit. John S take your chance!

Fozzyonthefence

This. Along with Hearts Nil...

At least that bit can't get any worse than normal. And you just never know - he might actually score a goal which would give us a chance of winning a game.

voice_from_the_south

Why's everyone acting like it's a solid fact that Sutton and Driver will start? The OP has offered nothing to substantiate what he's saying.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like it to be true, but if I suddenly made a post saying "Sutton and Driver will start and Kevin Kyle's back from injury, and we'll be paying a 4-4-2 with wingers and short passing" it wouldn't make it true would it?

I think we should make a list now of what posters will be unrealistic and expect miracles and a list for those who know JS will need a few continuous games under his belt to get in the flow of things.... :rolleyes:

Why's everyone acting like it's a solid fact that Sutton and Driver will start? The OP has offered nothing to substantiate what he's saying.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like it to be true, but if I suddenly made a post saying "Sutton and Driver will start and Kevin Kyle's back from injury, and we'll be paying a 4-4-2 with wingers and short passing" it wouldn't make it true would it?

Basher seems like the most reliable ITK poster on here. No idea who said that Driver was starting but it wasn't the OP on here.

The Mighty Thor

The long ball? Not with Mr Sergio's super sexy silky soccer? Surely not?

With the creativity of our 3 current first choice hoof-merchants mid-fielders we'll be fortunate to get over the half way line.

Tyrion Lannister

I feel sorry for Sutton, regardless of how well he plays (if he does play) - he'll get slaughtered if he doesn't score.

The long ball? Not with Mr Sergio's super sexy silky soccer? Surely not?

I doubt you'll find anyone who thinks that is an accurate description but people were happy we were trying to change things when he first came in, not sure why that deserves to have the piss taken out of it but there you go.

The Mighty Thor

I doubt you'll find anyone who thinks that is an accurate description but people were happy we were trying to change things when he first came in, not sure why that deserves to have the piss taken out of it but there you go.

I think some of the utter pish posted on here based on an unfounded creation of a messianic status for 'Mr Sergio' rightly deserves to be ridiculed.

Archived