John Sutton

basher161

jamboinglasgow

I think you'd actually be surprised the number of coaches of other teams who read this forum for no other reason than to find out snippets about the team, as posted by people who have been up at Riccarton. Not sure if the sticky that was running on here, might still be, was put in place at the request of our last manager, but I certainly know he was far from impressed by the team information that appeared on here, giving the opposition a heads up. Think his words may have inspired the title of a group page on Facebook.

Surely then what needs to be done is to get a couple of posters to post false info. If an opposition manager is using a forum to setup his team and gets the wrong snippets, then it will be to the advantage of the opposition.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snake Plissken

Whatever happens, whether he scores a hat-trick or is utterly useless, the first person to start a 'told you so' Sutton thread can go and gobble ******.

:thumbsup:

You know it will happen about thirty seconds after the game finishes or he scores.

Surely then what needs to be done is to get a couple of posters to post false info. If an opposition manager is using a forum to setup his team and gets the wrong snippets, then it will be to the advantage of the opposition.

You just gave it away.

portobellojambo1

Think we should actually go back to the good old days JIG, where the only place the teams appeared were in the programme you bought before the game. They were usually printed about 10 days before the game was actually played but were still a hell of a lot more accurate than the BBC's website is now or some of the guesses at the team line up which appear on various fans forums.

My guess would be:

Kello

Hammill

Webster

Zaliukas

McGowan

Jonsson

Mrowiec

Stevenson

Skacel

Templeton

Sutton

:whistling:

:verysmug:

:greatpost:

I think he hit row z once which was once more than meaningful challenges on donkey Kenneth. Started ok for about 5 minutes then may as well have gone home!!

So his performance today justified why he hasn't been getting a game?

He needs a run in the team like anybody else, we don't score anyway so why not give the lad a chance to bed in.

If we ditch people for playing a bad game we'd have about 4 changes each week.

stirlingshirejambo

i think he did ok. I was worried because he looked knackered in the warm up but he put in a good shift worked hard some nice touches but like everyone else looks lacking in confidence in front of goal

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I think he hit row z once which was once more than meaningful challenges on donkey Kenneth. Started ok for about 5 minutes then may as well have gone home!!

Absolute nonsense. Hearts' best player today. Bad decision to take him off, was winning absolutely everything in the air.

Italian Lambretta

I thought he did well in the 1st half and was probably our best player but never really got a look in second half.

I thought he did not bad today. Strangely he often seems to do the difficult bit and then mess up the easy bit. On a couple of occasions today he turned his marker quite skillfully - but then seemed to lose control of the ball once he had beaten the defender.

I definitely think he did enough today to merit another start next week.

Drylaw Hearts

Absolute nonsense. Hearts' best player today. Bad decision to take him off, was winning absolutely everything in the air.

:lies:

Rudi was our best player and Sutton didn't win "absolutely everything in the air".

He had a decent game though but he really should have scored in the second half.

I thought he did not bad today. Strangely he often seems to do the difficult bit and then mess up the easy bit. On a couple of occasions today he turned his marker quite skillfully - but then seemed to lose control of the ball once he had beaten the defender.

I definitely think he did enough today to merit another start next week.

Nae chance, Serg bowed to public pressure, played him, he didn't score I bet that's him for another stretch in the stand.

I think he should get a run, I would even go as far as saying when we're 1 down bring on another striker alongside him for the last 15 minutes rather than replace him with a striker who doesn't score to play up front on his own.

You have to be a relative! Spent more time on his arse than in the air and seemed scared of Kenneth.Fluffed his chances in the second half when he could have earned himself a run. For what it is worth he is not our worst forward but he did not back up those on here slating the manager for not picking him.

Should get a run. Perhaps a bit rusty today. That dirty barsteward kenneth was all over him and he done reasonably well at times.

i thought he was one of our best players today. ive just left the pub and the united supporters there said they knew utd would win when he went off. as he was the only one who always scores against them

Drewjambobusby

Should have scored but at the same time i sincerely hope that Sergio recognised that, at the moment, he represents our best chance of goals. Think the Pro-Sutton brigade have been vindicated in asking for his return. A striker like Sutton, any striker in fact will take a couple of games to get up to speed then if he hits a purple patch we will reap the rewards of his new found confidence. Hopefully we stick with him, but stop pumping long balls with his back to the goals. Get our wingers bombing to the touchline so he can attack crosses.

Sutton has really upped his game in training etc I'm led to believe and this hasn't gone un noticed.

4 months it has took him to get his finger out.

Rudi was our best player and Sutton didn't win "absolutely everything in the air".

He had a decent game though but he really should have scored in the second half.

He certainly didn't win everything in the air. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a team win so little in the air as we did yesterday.

Agree about Rudi - his run and shot in the first half was about the only thing that'll live in the memory about yesterday's performance.

Sutton did enough to justify inclusion in the squad for the next while, though - thought he started the game well and certainly didn't look any less dangerous than our other attacking options.

Do you have tourettes? There must be something you like...

hope the big mans gets a wee run in the side should have had a pen in the first half

portobellojambo1

I actually thought John Sutton was our most effective player yesterday (although I have been reliably informed on another thread he missed a couple of chances, which means he still has a long way to go to reach the levels of others who have played up front and missed even more chances).

He brought countless players into the game with very intelligent lay offs, but we still failed to see the very best of him due to a lack of decent delivery into the box.

Should have has a penalty as well, but was very harshly treated by the referee throughout.

Very, very surprised when he was taken off when we were 1-0 down, at that stage we should have brought on an additional front man to assist him, we needed to get back into the game and the only way was by putting more emphasis on getting the ball and players into the box.

I actually thought John Sutton was our most effective player yesterday (although I have been reliably informed on another thread he missed a couple of chances, which means he still has a long way to go to reach the levels of others who have played up front and missed even more chances).

He brought countless players into the game with very intelligent lay offs, but we still failed to see the very best of him due to a lack of decent delivery into the box.

Should have has a penalty as well, but was very harshly treated by the referee throughout.

Very, very surprised when he was taken off when we were 1-0 down, at that stage we should have brought on an additional front man to assist him, we needed to get back into the game and the only way was by putting more emphasis on getting the ball and players into the box.

I thought the main reason he was subbed was because he looked/was knackered.

Drylaw Hearts

I thought the main reason he was subbed was because he looked/was knackered.

There was also no chance he was ever going to score.

There were about 4 or 5 occasions that Rudi was the furthest man forward and pressuring the gk on incoming balls.

There was also no chance he was ever going to score.

There were about 4 or 5 occasions that Rudi was the furthest man forward and pressuring the gk on incoming balls.

Drylaw is on a roll, correct again.

We need players that pressure the oppenents backline and goalkeeper, even barcelona don?t shirk that side of the game - it is how the modern game is played.

At least kyle played with a bit of blood and guts and challenged for everything.

Drylaw Hearts

We need players that pressure the oppenents backline and goalkeeper, even barcelona don?t shirk that side of the game - it is how the modern game is played.

At least kyle played with a bit of blood and guts and challenged for everything.

I don't think Sutton has that in him - he's too soft imo.

His link-up play has definitely improved though.

Its not a modern thing mate, its something thats always been done but alot of sides these days actually DON`T adhere to what was a normal way to play for the history of the game. Many sides sit deep and invite teams on to then hope to counter attack. Under Csaba we tried this and it got on my wick.

We never pushed up the park and pressured teams at the back. We did under JJ, we did in 2006, we did under Levein, we did under JJ the first time, we did under Alex MacDonald.......its not "modern"...

How much are we paying this waste of space pile of shite?

Do you really live in Sexyland cos you never seem very happy. :(

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

:what: Rudi was decent and better than recent weeks but he was definitely not our best player. Sutton won a hell of a lot more in the air than folk are suggesting.

You have to be a relative! Spent more time on his arse than in the air and seemed scared of Kenneth.Fluffed his chances in the second half when he could have earned himself a run. For what it is worth he is not our worst forward but he did not back up those on here slating the manager for not picking him.

Not a relative, just saying what I saw. Sutton dominated Kenneth in the first half, had the beating of him on several occasions. Perhaps should have scored but deserves another shot in the team next week.

As a team we are not going to score another 17 goals this season.

Oh dear :facepalm:

Archived