John Sutton

basher161

At last, hope he takes his chance. He scored plenty last season for Motherwell but then he was playing every week there, mind you they are a better team than us, lets hope he gets a goal to boost his confidence, no doubt if he doesn't the Sergio fans'll have a ball.

As long as he puts himself about and shows willing i'll be happy, he's been sat on his arse for months almost so i don't expect him to be match sharp.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jamboinglasgow

Its only wednesday.

Nobody can say with any certainty who will start on saturday.

Shit happens.

You make that sound like someone is going to do a Brellier on him in training.

Fermit the Krog

You make that sound like someone is going to do a Brellier on him in training.

Managers and owners often change their minds. Players pick up knocks etc.

Fri morning before anything is confirmed and even then its subject to change.

Basher seems to be quite well informed, but I would agree that it being only Wednesday, I'd be surprised if the team has been announced. Ofcourse, Paulo may have it in his head and training has been geared around that - with Sutton firmly in place.

Been one of Sutton's loudest detractors on here, but I'd love it if he came good. Love it if that started on Saturday. Hopefully he's had a bit of time to work on parts of his game which seemed to either be lacking or that he'd somehow lost - off-the-ball intelligence and good hold-up play.

We've got so many players capable of providing chances (should Paulo play them!), it would be great to have a focal point up top too. Stevo in midfield?

I would rather not see Sutton start. He has had an awful start to his Hearts career and would prefer to see him trying to win a place in the starting side by coming on from the subs bench. Would not be unhappy to see him jump ahead of the hapless Elliott there.

We will not get the best out of him with the way we have been playing anyway.

I would rather not see Sutton start. He has had an awful start to his Hearts career and would prefer to see him trying to win a place in the starting side by coming on from the subs bench. Would not be unhappy to see him jump ahead of the hapless Elliott there.

We will not get the best out of him with the way we have been playing anyway.

Would feel more sorry for Smith, who I think has looked sharp and effective every time he's been on the park.

However, age old, but often applicable clich?: we don't see them in training.

Maybe Sutton has been doing really well (I know he wasn't at the start of the season - apparenly even worse in training than in games!). As supporters, I suppose all we can hope is the manager knows his players well enough to know who will be most effective at any given time.

WHat I'd say is that Smith is quick and seems to have a bit of the poacher about him. Not sure Kenny would appreciate him buzzing around. Sutton? I just hope we plan to hit the byelines and get ball fizzing across the box for him. He was also good for Motherwell from crosses coming from 30 yards out - seemed to have a nack of nipping infront of his man. That's the way to play them. Anything hanging in the air is bread and butter for United - has been for years. We more often look better than them when a football match breaks out though.

Would feel more sorry for Smith, who I think has looked sharp and effective every time he's been on the park.

However, age old, but often applicable clich?: we don't see them in training.

Maybe Sutton has been doing really well (I know he wasn't at the start of the season - apparenly even worse in training than in games!). As supporters, I suppose all we can hope is the manager knows his players well enough to know who will be most effective at any given time.

WHat I'd say is that Smith is quick and seems to have a bit of the poacher about him. Not sure Kenny would appreciate him buzzing around. Sutton? I just hope we plan to hit the byelines and get ball fizzing across the box for him. He was also good for Motherwell from crosses coming from 30 yards out - seemed to have a nack of nipping infront of his man. That's the way to play them. Anything hanging in the air is bread and butter for United - has been for years. We more often look better than them when a football match breaks out though.

In virtually every game Sergio has had the wingers on their wrong sides. Makes it very unlikely they will go to the bye-line. That is one big thing which would have to change if we were to get more out of Sutton.

Sutton has really upped his game in training etc I'm led to believe and this hasn't gone un noticed.

FAO Mahon Jambo: Yes you are correct that the team can change etc but PS has his team picked at least 3 days before a game and then spends the rest of the week working on shape etc and has bounce games between his first XI and an XI made up of squad/youth players. The first XI beat the squad players 4-0 today, Sutton got 2 and Rudi got 2. Both of Sutton's goals were headers from Temps crosses anf Skacels 2 were follow ups from McDonald saves from Sutton.

whats happened to suso would rather see suso start instead of driver

Don't think we will see Suso play for Hearts again.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I think some of the utter pish posted on here based on an unfounded creation of a messianic status for 'Mr Sergio' rightly deserves to be ridiculed.

What pish? Any quotes?

I'd rather see folk giving the manager a chance and supporting him to begin with rather than take the negative view right from the start like a lot of pricks on here seem to do.

John Sutton will lead the line this weekend against Dundee Utd :pleasing:

If this is true the great!

The team should be ..

Kello

Hammil Zal Webster McGowan

Johnsson

Driver Stevenson Templeton

Skacel

Sutton

Don't think we will see Suso play for Hearts again.

This day just gets worse :(

HibsHearts_682x400_1035720a.jpg

:sob:

The long ball? Not with Mr Sergio's super sexy silky soccer? Surely not?

With the creativity of our 3 current first choice hoof-merchants mid-fielders we'll be fortunate to get over the half way line.

TMT......is this just the usual "this is pi sh" stuff because we haven`t won recently without looking at it more objectively?

I can be a moan like anyone, but i like to think it`s justified. But recently i think we`ve played well. Yes, its 3 games without a goal and i didn`t see the St Mirren game, but against Rangers and Killie with ten men, i thought we played decent enough.....

I like to think we about to turn the corner again. There`s no lack of effort or desire, which would be far more worrying for me, and we are creating chances.......Maybe a couple of subtle personel changes might tip the balance in our favour and im certainly not having the "we can`t get over the half way line " sheight...sorry...just typical panicky, hum drum Hearts fan stuff.

The Mighty Thor

TMT......is this just the usual "this is pi sh" stuff because we haven`t won recently without looking at it more objectively?

I can be a moan like anyone, but i like to think it`s justified. But recently i think we`ve played well. Yes, its 3 games without a goal and i didn`t see the St Mirren game, but against Rangers and Killie with ten men, i thought we played decent enough.....

I like to think we about to turn the corner again. There`s no lack of effort or desire, which would be far more worrying for me, and we are creating chances.......Maybe a couple of subtle personel changes might tip the balance in our favour and im certainly not having the "we can`t get over the half way line " sheight...sorry...just typical panicky, hum drum Hearts fan stuff.

It's a bit more than just about not winning for 3 games.

I'm not impressed with the way we have gone about our business this season. I think there have been some poor personnel decisions and some very poor tactical decisions.

I really genuinely hope we are about to turn the corner, we will need to if the latest portents of financial doom are to be believed.

Fermit the Krog

Sutton has really upped his game in training etc I'm led to believe and this hasn't gone un noticed.

FAO Mahon Jambo: Yes you are correct that the team can change etc but PS has his team picked at least 3 days before a game and then spends the rest of the week working on shape etc and has bounce games between his first XI and an XI made up of squad/youth players. The first XI beat the squad players 4-0 today, Sutton got 2 and Rudi got 2. Both of Sutton's goals were headers from Temps crosses anf Skacels 2 were follow ups from McDonald saves from Sutton.

All I'm saying basher161 is that things can change very quickly at our club, and even though I believe your intentions are good and I believe you when you say Sutton was in the first XI today, starting a thread stating quite catagorically that Sutton is starting on Saturday is asking for people to give you a hard time if things do change - which they quite often do.

Thanks for the info though.

:thumbsup:

Unless John Sutton pulls up injured before the weekend he will start. I am not saying this cos he played in the bounce game, I am saying this cos he has been told he is starting this weekend.

Unless John Sutton pulls up injured before the weekend he will start. I am not saying this cos he played in the bounce game, I am saying this cos he has been told he is starting this weekend.

Great news. We are actually starting a proper goal scorer up front that naturally plays there. Superb!

People that say Sutton is guff don't know hee haw about football. He's an excellent player who hopefully is about to hit some form :thumbsup:

anyone else think they are only being played with a view to punt them. End of the day if Sutton wins us games who cares.

Might be hard to take if he's sold in January tho.

In virtually every game Sergio has had the wingers on their wrong sides. Makes it very unlikely they will go to the bye-line. That is one big thing which would have to change if we were to get more out of Sutton.

Bit of a bump...

Basher, any idea if Temps was on the left or right?

Coco, Agreed, or I think we should atleast be switching the wingers within games so the fullbacks don't know whether Temps, for instance, is cutting inside or heading to the byeline. I actually think he's got a good left on him anyway and should maybe trust it a bit more when on that side.

As I said though, I think Sutton was good last season at crosses from deeper areas too (did he score one or two like that aginst us for me to think that??), so if Temps or Rudi can just shift the ball a yard and knock in a zippy inswinger from further out, that could maybe work.

Glad to hear Sutton is doing better - I hope he does the biz on Sat.

Alan P, sorry to have talked about football.

Hannibal Lecter

I would LOVE IT if he scored a hat-trick :loveit:

I would love it if we could find 3 goals from anywhere in a game :thumbsup:

How did we expect to sell him if he's not played for months. Get him playing & hopefully scoring & suddenly rather than letting him walk for free, we can look for cash. Only feasible explanation to me.

RoussetsShorts

This will be the start of the higher wage earners being shoe horned in so they are in the shop window. I wonder if o bizzle has long left on his deal as he is starting?

Il take credit for this if it comes off, told driver to suggest to Paulo a forward three of andy, sutton and temps after it was so bloody successful on Footie manager. Stick Stevo in behind them with eggy and black mopping up. :whistling:

mahgrassyshoes

This will be the start of the higher wage earners being shoe horned in so they are in the shop window. I wonder if o bizzle has long left on his deal as he is starting?

I thought after everyone getting excited about him getting released in the summer past, it turned out his deal expired this summer?

Besides, if Obua starts it will be on merit because he changed the game against St Mirren. We looked much better going forward after he came on.

mahgrassyshoes

Pretty sure we all would.

I'd hate it. All those bloody people standing up and blocking my view of the pitch. And THREE bloody times as well. Out of order imo. :verymad:

:whistling:

Howdy Doody Jambo

Why do you post team news on this forum ?

it only strengthens the oppositions hand for an important fixture

Are you wanting Dundee Utd to beat us

It takes away the element of surprise on match-day

I really wonder at times what is to be gained by posting this type of thing

Bit of a bump...

Basher, any idea if Temps was on the left or right?

Coco, Agreed, or I think we should atleast be switching the wingers within games so the fullbacks don't know whether Temps, for instance, is cutting inside or heading to the byeline. I actually think he's got a good left on him anyway and should maybe trust it a bit more when on that side.

As I said though, I think Sutton was good last season at crosses from deeper areas too (did he score one or two like that aginst us for me to think that??), so if Temps or Rudi can just shift the ball a yard and knock in a zippy inswinger from further out, that could maybe work.

Glad to hear Sutton is doing better - I hope he does the biz on Sat.

Alan P, sorry to have talked about football.

Temps was on the left.

Aye cos Peter Houston and his staff read JKB. :facepalm:

Hearts training sessions are open to the public so I'm sure if Dundee Utd really wanted to they could send someone along to watch.

So we pick the team 3 days in advance, and tell the ITKers.

Could I suggest brushing your teeth twice daily to help eradicate this stench??

Hearts training sessions are open to the public so I'm sure if Dundee Utd really wanted to they could send someone along to watch.

Actually true. Levein used to get his scouts to do it when he was in charge.

Actually true. Levein used to get his scouts to do it when he was in charge.

FAO Peter Houston:

Hearts will line up with Ian Black in midfield this weekend even though he is suspended. As the SFA will award your team the 3 points due to this breach I suggest you rest your first team players.

Kind regards,

basher161

Johanes de Silentio

Aye cos Peter Houston and his staff read JKB.

How about posting it in The Pub? :thumbsup:

If true, it he couldnt be given a better oppertunity to show what he can offer as we havent scored a goal in 3 matches now! Sadly its going to be Sergios tactics coming into question again. The one game hes playing hoof ball Kenneth is playing in defence!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Whatever happens, whether he scores a hat-trick or is utterly useless, the first person to start a 'told you so' Sutton thread can go and gobble ******.

portobellojambo1

I think you'd actually be surprised the number of coaches of other teams who read this forum for no other reason than to find out snippets about the team, as posted by people who have been up at Riccarton. Not sure if the sticky that was running on here, might still be, was put in place at the request of our last manager, but I certainly know he was far from impressed by the team information that appeared on here, giving the opposition a heads up. Think his words may have inspired the title of a group page on Facebook.

I am definitely going to go because Sutton is playing.

His performances against Rangers and Spurs have convinced me that he is the best option. I cant believe he has ever been left out.

With Sergio in the Stands for the next 5 games, Sutton should also be given the task of picking, leading and coaching the team.

portobellojambo1

I don't think he can do any worse than Ryan Stevenson - he's been utter guff the past few matches.

I have no idea if he is playing on Saturday DH, but if I'm honest I could think of better games to bring someone back into the side, especially someone who needs to sharpen his goalscoring skills and get himself on a run of goals. Dundee United are a stuffy side, and we tend to struggle against them up there, we are also not noted for going offensive away from home and the danger is Sutton cops the whack for it if we lose and gets stuck back in the stands again.

Better if he had been given a couple of games against lower opposition at Tynecastle, just to get into the habit of scoring goals again, to regain confidence, but I suppose it is a bonus just to see him back in the side again (assuming he does play).

Archived