Mafia Shedizio

Deek

Commander Harris

it's all gone quiet?

think I'll put in my vote just now - bit worried that I'm top vote at the moment so I'm going to vote s.h.p just now to even things up. quite happy to unvote him in the future should the situation change though. If I wasn't in a precarious position I'd probably be voting armiya or stella though.

vote s.h.p

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm working at 5, and wont be back until after 10.

I'm going to need to vote soon, and I'm none the wiser as to who to go for!

HMFCjamieHMFC
not that much going on.

was going to vote trotter but he aint said much.

might as well vote for a random as i reckon CH is good.

vote AR

how do you reckon CH is good?

Probably not, now that I've mentioned it, but a strategically-timed unvote can sometimes have goons sweating if one of them comes under threat.

Also, it could be interesting to see if anybody leaps in to finish you off - again if the voting is tight.

By the way, folks, I've thought of a within-the-rules way of the cop making his identity known to the masons.

As far as I can tell, this could be handy, even at the cost of a night's investigation inasmuch as that would give a partial group who could try to stick up for each other. It wouldn't let the cop know who the masons are unfortunately but at least it might be of some help.

Also, whilst it would cost us one investigation, there is the possibility it could throw up a goon.

And finally (and most importantly), I don't think the goons would be able to work out any of the good roled folk from it.

If there's any interest in the idea I'll put it on here, otherwise I'll keep schtum.

Would that not be too risky, are you suggesting someone come forward and offer themselves up for investigation??? Maybe I don't get your drift but if that is anything like what you are hinting at then it would be a big leap of faith and a bit of a waste of an investigation also, IMO.

Did I miss something regarding S.H.P, why is he defo a badun?

Something smells a bit fishy and it aint my pants. :unsure:

Commander Harris
Did I miss something regarding S.H.P, why is he defo a badun?

Something smells a bit fishy and it aint my pants. :unsure:

I was just voting for my nearest rival. can't speak for KennyM and why he thinks he's a "badun" though.

like I say, happy to unvote if my situation improves and if I wasn't in the position I am in I'd go for armiya or stella.

Would that not invlove the cop outing his/herself to some degree?

Surely a risky move so early on, no?

Nope - the cop would only be outing him/herself to the masons...as long as all of them kept relatively quiet about it, or at least didn't give the goons any hints. Or at least not in the early stages - it may become necessary to 'out' folk later on if things get critical. All to the good of the town, of course.

What would need to happen is for the cop on Deek's list of players to investigate the player directly after him/her on the list.

Since that information gets passed to the masons, it wouldn't need Sherlock Holmes to deduce who the cop is. Also getting the result of the investigation would either give us someone else good, and worthy of saving/helping and if someone bad...they'd need to find some way of getting that information out. Or keeping it under their hats to see who else is helping them.

One flaw is that the cop could investigate a mason, but with the numbers involved that's less likely than finding a bad 'un, which is less likely than finding a good 'un.

It all depends on how good the cop and masons are at getting and keeping/distributing the information...good luck to 'em if they do go for this approach.

I can't see any way that the goons would be able to gain any advantage from this, so if you're in agreement that : If you're the cop you'll investigate the player below you in Deek's list (I'll look for the post number in a minute) just say so, so that when the masons get the result they'll have that wee bit more info.

So, if I'm the cop (I'm not) I'll do it.

Anyb'dy else?

Or...please...feel free to point out any flaws I've missed.

Vote Commander Harris

A vote for anyone other than SHP or CH is wasted it would seem.

SHPs story re the PM thing adds up, and I'm slightly suspicious of the close proximity of Kenny and CHs votes for shp.

Random lottery as usual tbh.

Vote Commander Harris

A vote for anyone other than SHP or CH is wasted it would seem.

SHPs story re the PM thing adds up, and I'm slightly suspicious of the close proximity of Kenny and CHs votes for shp.

Random lottery as usual tbh.

FECK YOU THEN....

unvote shp

vote cigaro

Nope - the cop would only be outing him/herself to the masons...as long as all of them kept relatively quiet about it, or at least didn't give the goons any hints. Or at least not in the early stages - it may become necessary to 'out' folk later on if things get critical. All to the good of the town, of course.

What would need to happen is for the cop on Deek's list of players to investigate the player directly after him/her on the list.

Since that information gets passed to the masons, it wouldn't need Sherlock Holmes to deduce who the cop is. Also getting the result of the investigation would either give us someone else good, and worthy of saving/helping and if someone bad...they'd need to find some way of getting that information out. Or keeping it under their hats to see who else is helping them.

One flaw is that the cop could investigate a mason, but with the numbers involved that's less likely than finding a bad 'un, which is less likely than finding a good 'un.

It all depends on how good the cop and masons are at getting and keeping/distributing the information...good luck to 'em if they do go for this approach.

I can't see any way that the goons would be able to gain any advantage from this, so if you're in agreement that : If you're the cop you'll investigate the player below you in Deek's list (I'll look for the post number in a minute) just say so, so that when the masons get the result they'll have that wee bit more info.

Anyb'dy else?

If the cop investigates a baddun, deek will let it be known, which to the goons narrows the cop down to 4 players, no?

Seems a decent idea though.

Anyb'dy else?

That would appear to be an ok plan I think - does the cop get the results or just the mason. It's not exactly clear in the rules, I can definitely see the need to have the cop and masons banding together soon if the cop does not get the results just now.

:laugh:

Spiteful.

Aw baws to this....

Unvote cigaro....

waves pen above names and drops...

vote stella

Ah, there we go post #2.

The players are

Armiya

Jambolad

SHP

Flux

Jamie

Doctor

Commander

Cigaro

OEW

KennyM

CCP

DDLN

Boof

Trotter

Yvonne

Stella

So, my idea is (and I'll use me as an example so nobody else gets paranoid) ...if I'm the cop, I'd investigate Trotter and that information gets passed to the masons.

That would mean the cop, 2 masons and trotter would all know trotter's status - potentially handy.

I'm still of the opinion the goons are gonna have this game way to easy and we need to do all we can to give some advantage back to the town.

Commander Harris

stuff it, hope I've got time for this and not signing my own death warrant.

unvote shp

vote stella

going with who I think is dodgy rather than what might get me off - hopefully others will agree.

If the cop investigates a baddun, deek will let it be known, which to the goons narrows the cop down to 4 players, no?

Seems a decent idea though.

Ah, good spot!!

In that case it would obviously be better if Deek didn't reveal the status of the investigated player.

We'd definitely need to get clarification from Deek if this was going to happen, otherwise I can see the cop having a short game.

Go on, Deek - keep the info secret, at least for this first night.

The main shifty mofos in my eyes at this early stage are Stella and Harris. Possibly Kenny too for jumping right in after CH then getting a bit flustered when this was pointed out. That could be a wee axis of evil right there. I'd be keeping 'em peeled when it comes to these 3. That post from Stella troubled me greaty, it really gave me the willies.

Stella is usually a quiet sorta fella, I certainly can't remember him sticking his neck out so early in a previous game and he is usually a townie in games where I have not been mod, so that suggests to me he has a vested interest in CH's fate that has forced him out into the open right from the off.

He could be a mason mind you.

unvote shp

vote stella

going with who I think is dodgy rather than what might get me off - hopefully others will agree.

Oi leave me alone....

Unvote stella

Vote CH

Allthough i think Stella's still a bad'n due to his defense of some one earlier.... reckon CH is just doing this to cover his back.

Well CH switching votes sorta blows my idea out the water, or does it? Still no idea what you lot are all about so I'll stick with my vote for now.

Anyb'dy else?

Your plan is fatally flawed.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10846#post191936

The list you see is nothing like the list I have. :sad:

Deadline is 9pm.

Commander 5

SHP 2

Armiya 1

Flux 1

Cigaro 1

CCP 1

Boof 1

Yvonne 1

Stella 1

Non Voters

Flux

Jamie

HMFCjamieHMFC

unvote shp

vote stella

and he thought you were good

Are the non voters getting whacked tonight or do they get a second chance? :)

Tonight if they dont vote. But I am confident they both will.

Low posters will be sin binned.

ArmiyaRomanova

Whilst I found Commander Harris' strong self-defense at tad suspicious, and Stella_jambo's willingness to come out in his favour - perhaps inadvertently adding fuel to the fire - also odd, I'm not convinced that either of them is a goon.

CH, why did you change vote to the one person supporting you, taking your vote away from the only person seriously in the running with you for a lynching?

For now, though, I'm going to change my vote to someone who's changed his mind four times in this round alone. At this rate it's perfectly possible that by the time the deadline rolls around he could have voted for half the players.

UNVOTE : Commander Harris

VOTE: KennyM

Whilst I found Commander Harris' strong self-defense at tad suspicious, and Stella_jambo's willingness to come out in his favour - perhaps inadvertently adding fuel to the fire - also odd, I'm not convinced that either of them is a goon.

CH, why did you change vote to the one person supporting you, taking your vote away from the only person seriously in the running with you for a lynching?

For now, though, I'm going to change my vote to someone who's changed his mind four times in this round alone. At this rate it's perfectly possible that by the time the deadline rolls around he could have voted for half the players.

UNVOTE : Commander Harris

VOTE: KennyM

Which also makes you a goon...

So thats

Stella

Yourself

CH

Only one more to find!

My vote wont be changing again..

just back from work will post a few random posts to get my post count up!

got a couple of pages to read...

OK

Everybody has voted.

Commander 4

SHP 2

Stella 2

Armiya 1

Flux 1

Cigaro 1

KennyM 2

CCP 1

Boof 1

Yvonne 1

3 hours to go.

Well that is slightly intriguing, quite a large spread of votes with only one player really looking in danger, there has been a lot of votes moved but nothing that clearly represents an attempt to bandwagon or save someone IMO and the rate of posting has been a bit of a trickle so far.

It could be possible that CH is innocent and Stella is just basing his opinion on what he has seen and it's nothing more sinister than that.

It seems a little too relaxed around here for my likeing, which could possibly suggest the goons are happy with the way the votes are going.

I think I'll make it a little intriguinger

unvote commander harris

I'll wait until about 8 to see if anyone does anything to deserve a vote.

yvonnejambo

Hmm still not any clearer on the goons. My suspect lsit does include stella, trotter and CCP. As CCP has put the retaliation vote in for me I have no worries about leaving my vote on him. I dont really want to jump on a pile on without any real inklings. My names above are only looking wee bit dodgy and if at the end of the game its proven they are all goons I will look really clever :P

Anyway got to go make dinner. Hopefully be back on before deadline if I can get my charming young son of the pc.

Your plan is fatally flawed.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10846#post191936

The list you see is nothing like the list I have. :sad:

Well, when I said 'Deek's list', I meant the one you'd posted in post #2.

As long as all the players use the same list i.e.that one, it doesn't matter what you've got.

The only way it can work to the town's advantage is (a) if everyone uses that list in post #2 and (B) you agree not to reveal the identity of the investigated player.

Even if the cop finds a good 'un, the goons knowing where they are on the list will un-even the playing field in their favour.

So I still think the plan's a go-er, as long as conditions (a) and (B) above are up held.

Please folks - do a Cigaro and get your thinking hats on to find any more flaws.

I like Boof's plan.

I'm not usually one to go for plans but it does seem to give the Masons a wee edge and we need all the help we can get.

It looks pretty bad for CH, I'm not really sure why though. At the risk of aligning myself with a possible goon, I'd say that I was swaying more towards trusting CH, at least there seems to be better candidates for the rope than him, shp (who my vote remains with for now), trotter and stella seem more dodgy to me.

Nothing concrete, but there never is at this stage, it's always a stab in the dark.

I hate not knowing stuff.

yvonnejambo
Well, when I said 'Deek's list', I meant the one you'd posted in post #2.

As long as all the players use the same list i.e.that one, it doesn't matter what you've got.

The only way it can work to the town's advantage is (a) if everyone uses that list in post #2 and (B) you agree not to reveal the identity of the investigated player.

Even if the cop finds a good 'un, the goons knowing where they are on the list will un-even the playing field in their favour.

So I still think the plan's a go-er, as long as conditions (a) and (B) above are up held.

Please folks - do a Cigaro and get your thinking hats on to find any more flaws.

Think its a good plan. :)

Trouble with the plan is that Deek already knows what the result of it will be....

Well, that may not be troublesome - it'll just make me more paranoid if we can't use it :D

yvonnejambo
Trouble with the plan is that Deek already knows what the result of it will be....

Well, that may not be troublesome - it'll just make me more paranoid if we can't use it :D

Cant see how that will be a problem :confused:

Cant see how that will be a problem :confused:

Well, if by some miracle we bag a goon this lynching and Deek knows the cop will discover a goon he might feel that would be too advantageous for the town.

Both scenarios statistically unlikely though.

Will there be a penalty shoot out in the event of a tie?

No I will ask a non player to give me a number. 1 or 2. I will have pre assigned players with these numbers.

Will there be a penalty shoot out in the event of a tie?

:arf:

I had a genuine LOL moment in your one when I reported that someone had sent a rocket shot hurtling goalwards and it didn't reach there for several minutes - there were plenty of funny comments after that :laugh:

:) That was a class way to go.

Things have gone all quiet again here, I'm pondering if it's worth switching my vote back just to make this quick.

Just had a PM from Deek - he won't be confirming the status of the investigated player openly so it looks like my plan could be a go-er.

I can't see any flaws in it, but sometimes it needs other eyes to spot the obvious.

It would also be handy if everyone agreed to use it or decide not to as it'll be not much use if the masons aren't sure if the cop has used it or not.

And once the information is revealed to the cop and masons...well, over to them I guess, to see how they can let the rest of us know what would be handy to know.

Like The Doctor...I hate not knowing stuff.

Archived