Mafia Shedizio

Deek

The Scenario. Mafia is a game that pits the forces of light against the forces of darkness. The players are residents of a small Italian village called Shedizio. The village is being terrorized by the mafia. During the night, the mafia roam about the village, selecting a law-abiding civilian as their victim. During the day, the villagers gather together, seeking justice, and vote to convict one of their number of secretly being a member of the mafia.

We have 4 Mafia Members

2 Masons

1 Cop

1 Doc

The rules

Mafia (4) ? A Godfather and 3 of his/her cronies. There will be no recruiting in this game.

The team decide their targets together and the GF then sends me the name of the target if the Godfather dies any remaining members can send me a name that has been decided amongst the 2 of you.

The Mafia get to kill every night.

Masons(2) ? They will be fed the name and result of the cops nightly investigation. They can talk amongst themselves and discuss tactics they wish to use to try and flush a goon out.

Cop - Can investigate a player every night and the results are passed on to the Masons. The cop and masons do not know who each other is.

Doc - Can choose to save 1 player a night from a mafia kill. He/she cannot save the same player twice. They can choose to save themself.

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Romanov and unvote Romanov

If you don't your vote will not be counted.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re the doctor or gossip etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No Pms or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff

Ghosts can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please.

Oh and finally I will Mod kill non posters and voters unless there is good excuse.

Low posters will either be sinned binned or mod killed depending on how I feel.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players are

Armiya

Jambolad

SHP

Flux

Jamie

Doctor

Commander

Cigaro

OEW

KennyM

CCP

DDLN

Boof

Trotter

Yvonne

Stella

Mods can you sticky please.

Oh and if you never got a PM you are a townie.

Some folk have there PM facility switched off. Shame.;)

Commander Harris

afternoon peeps :)

I'm actually working out and about for a change as my freelance genius and all round polymath skills required me to go on site today so I might not get on much today, but I'm sure I'll be able to steal some time. :)

so 4 bad guys, 4 roled good guys and 8 townies. seems a good balance, should be a good game - and deeks preference for modkilling lurkers will help too. :)

Just been out on a wee stroll around Shedizio - everything appears all quiet on the Western Front this afternoon. Wonder if the peace will last until after tea...

Commander Harris

37 views and only 2 non-deek replies - don't be shy folks!

afternoon peeps :)

I'm actually working out and about for a change as my freelance genius and all round polymath skills required me to go on site today so I might not get on much today, but I'm sure I'll be able to steal some time. :)

so 4 bad guys, 4 roled good guys and 8 townies. seems a good balance, should be a good game - and deeks preference for modkilling lurkers will help too. :)

PUMPINGIRON.jpg

Oh and if you never got a PM you are a townie.

Some folk have there PM facility switched off. Shame.;)

Aha!

A wee clue, perhaps?

I remember last game one of my gang had difficulty receiving PMs - so if he's not been able to receive one when Deek was sending 'em out this game, that must make him a townie.

I actually did consider PMing everyone, just to see who wasn't receiving PMs as that would make them a trustworthy townie, but that's kinda against the spirit (and rules!!) of the game.

Anyhoo, I'm not too keen on there being 4 goons - that's one too many for my liking (well, really it's four too many :D) - I think with 3 v 13 we'd still be toiling.

Right - who's for a pint?

Commander Harris
ugly b*stard with a poor grasp of English? :P

you're spot on again! :biggrin:

it could be said that English was my second language so that's my excuse.

Aha!

A wee clue, perhaps?

I remember last game one of my gang had difficulty receiving PMs - so if he's not been able to receive one when Deek was sending 'em out this game, that must make him a townie.

I actually did consider PMing everyone, just to see who wasn't receiving PMs as that would make them a trustworthy townie, but that's kinda against the spirit (and rules!!) of the game.

Anyhoo, I'm not too keen on there being 4 goons - that's one too many for my liking (well, really it's four too many :D) - I think with 3 v 13 we'd still be toiling.

Right - who's for a pint?

a pint of Jagermeister please bartender, might as well start as we I intend to go on

Commander Harris
2006Indian2.jpg

COOO-EEEEE!!!!

:eek:

there's nothing elliotish about having a glass of wine! :P

Well here I am to save the day (again). So we've got 2 masons who get the cop's results, a doc and only 4 mafia to get? Should be a piece of pizz.

Vote flux

It's for his and our own good in the long run, he always ends up confusing us all!

Boaby Ewing

Well I don't have a clue who's who (with the exception of who couldn't receive PM's... my suspicions were SHP before he said it himself).

Tell you what though, I do like a bloody good pile-on.

Vote: Flux

Thanks KennyM - but for the record - I had trouble SENDING - not receving last time. :P

Think i'm gonna head over to the ristorante for some penne whilst waiting for things to kick off

a pint of Jagermeister please bartender, might as well start as we I intend to go on

Sorry, bottles only in this bar...Ground-Level-Jagermeister.jpg

I'll have a nice big glass of the local red thanks.

Nae problem - sorry for the slow service...I'll have to stop hunting for pics :Dred-wine-glass-bottle.gif

Something relevant to the game coming up once I have a look at old PMs...

Now then...in my team for the last game were KennyM, trotter and JamboLad.

Also the gay Hobo (slight tautology there, but never mind), but he's not playing this time around.

I couldn't find it but my memory seems to be telling me it was trotter who had a full inbox and thus had difficulty (i.e. impossibility) receiving PMs.

Now, if he's had the same problem, that would make him unable to receive Deek's, and thus a townie - so I can't see why Kenny's going for him with no other evidence.

But trotter's just said he hasn't had any difficulty receiving PMs so he's back off my trustworthy list.

So...quandary time...is it worth lynching someone who might be a townie (given that it's only my feeble memory that thinks he was the problematic PM dude) in order to not lynch someone who could be a roled townie, given our usual craptitude at hitting goons on the first day.

That would give the goons two townies down straight away with the chance of hitting a roled townie in the night.

Also, if anyone was in SHP's team last time, can they confirm his PM-receiving claim?

If he was in the same team as Deek then he's definitely telling fibs with this one.

Commander Harris
Well here I am to save the day (again). So we've got 2 masons who get the cop's results, a doc and only 4 mafia to get? Should be a piece of pizz.

Vote flux

It's for his and our own good in the long run, he always ends up confusing us all!

your pretty good at confusing us all too! :)

no grand schemes to get us going this time?

In the absence of anything resembling a sarcastic smiley, I'm going to say WTF?

It's gonna be a frikkin nightmare!!

The only saving grace might be Deek hammering the silent ones - that should at least get 'em out and active (knowing that's gonna make me look dodgy!!).

After night 1 it's almost inevitable that it's gonna be 4 v 10, with possibly a good role (or 2 :eek:) gone.

I'm pretty good at saving the day and winning the game for the townies, when I'm not getting killed that is, even when I have been killed early I managed to finger enough baddies before I went to aid the town.

No plans this time, there is no player grid to do a colour coded hit list and there are not really enough players to give a council much chance of success, so I will revert to other tactics for sniffing out goons. I won't reveal too much as that will give the game away, but my psychological/psychopathic approach to the game usually makes the goons slip up at some point. It'll just be a matter of waiting and watching this game methinks, we have not had a game this small and uncomplicated since Mafia 1 if I remember right and that game is one of the few I have missed!

I know I said it should be a breeze but when you think about it, less players means less margin for error, so this game might actually require a lot more thought early doors than usual.

yvonnejambo

The top 3 confusing posters in mafia games are no3 OEW no2 Flux and waaaaay out in front S.H.P (who in the last game was not in Deeks crew he was a doctor).

So on that basis that is the people I am least likely to trust. pretty sure they aint all bad though.

I reckon Deek has his favourites for the juicy roles.

So if sticking in a random vote to move things along I will go for CCP for no real reason apart from being maybe a favourite of Deeks?

Vote ColinCameronsPenalty

The top 3 confusing posters in mafia games are no3 OEW no2 Flux and waaaaay out in front S.H.P (who in the last game was not in Deeks crew he was a doctor).

So on that basis that is the people I am least likely to trust. pretty sure they aint all bad though.

So if sticking in a random vote to move things along I will go for CCP for no real reason apart from being maybe a favourite of Deeks?

Vote ColinCameronsPenalty

:evilno: you should be busy disciplining your son, not castigating a respectable citizen such as myself.

yvonnejambo
:evilno: you should be busy disciplining your son, not castigating a respectable citizen such as myself.

I will discipline you for lying if you are indeed found out to be a goon!

Dont you worry about young Daz he is sitting on the naughty step as i type :)

Darling I carried out the same selection process as my last game. An online randon number selector.

http://www.mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom.html

I also deliberately asked folk not to pick a number. I entered their names on an excel spreadsheet randomly on numbers 4 to 19.

Ever since that pest Jenny went looking at groupings that is what I have decided to do.

I was only kidding about Jenny. She would have got the juciest role. ;)

Oooh we've started with mini pile on for flux, who I have no more or less reason to suspect than anyone else!

I'm off all day tomorrow and waiting in for a new mattress, so I'll have plenty of time to consider the thread and vote then. Until then I'd like a bottle of Claret, something from the Bordeax region please...

Darling I carried out the same selection process as my last game. An online randon number selector.

http://www.mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom.html

I also deliberately asked folk not to pick a number. I entered their names on an excel spreadsheet randomly on numbers 4 to 19.

Ever since that pest Jenny went looking at groupings that is what I have decided to do.

I was only kidding about Jenny. She would have got the juciest role. ;)

So are you saying she hasn't got a role?

Hmmm suspicious.

Commander Harris
Oooh we've started with mini pile on for flux, who I have no more or less reason to suspect than anyone else!

I'm off all day tomorrow and waiting in for a new mattress, so I'll have plenty of time to consider the thread and vote then. Until then I'd like a bottle of Claret, something from the Bordeax region please...

snap! I'm going to be waiting on a bed tomorrow - although they've kindly given me a 3 hour window instead of the usual more vague "some time on this day".

now now boof,

i was receiving PMs happily UNTIL my inbox was full - not from the very beginning - I had issues with trying to reply to all at once. Or am I lying about lying about telling the truth here?? Cryptic...hmm... :o

vote s.h.p. for no other reason than I think pandas smell... :evilno:

Commander Harris
i think yvonne should be modkilled for accusing 'The Man' of favouritism

is that not the mafia equivalent of waving an imaginary card!

you should get booked for that :P

Until then I'd like a bottle of Claret, something from the Bordeax region please...

You'd like...?

Well this is what ye're gettin'...

newcastle_brown_ale.jpg

and

highlandpark150.jpg

No complaints there Mr Boof mein host.

Commander Harris and I both waiting in for a bed tomorrow and no-one can think of a smart ass comment.

Dissapointed.

And Jenny's not playing... Oh!

yvonnejambo

Commander Harris and I both waiting in for a bed tomorrow and no-one can think of a smart ass comment.

Dissapointed.

Commander Harris and the Doctor waiting on the same bed? Yes I only read this and would have put in a smart ass comment like CH and the Doctor up a tree....

lame I know but been a long day and still have to go back out and teach cooking. Will smart ass you all later. :kiss2:

Oh and can I put in an order for a large vodka and lemonade for around 8.30 please :)

ArmiyaRomanova

Afternoon, people...

Just off out to teach a night class, will be back on to read the thread properly later.

Dissapointed.

I was planning on it but was going to read until the end of the thread first, but you went and spoiled it.:(

I'm sure there has been a few issues with SHPs PMs before.

stella_jambo

just dropping in, no pm so townie this time.

im heading out to training but will have a look when am bak from the pub.

trotter looks to be playin a dangerous game already.

vote boof

he knows i couldn't get PMs from the last game. ;)

How would I know that? You weren't in my team.

The only person who's confirmed it is...errrr...yourself, and Dave to a lesser extent has suggested your un-PM-iness.

Yvonne confirmed you weren't in the same team as Deek so it's possible that he wouldn't be on your buddy list - though I find the notion of a buddy list for PMs slightly unusual.

Anyhoo, if I was a goon I wouldn't be openly looking for trustworthy folk, I'd be trying to make as many folk as possible look guilty.

As it is, I was prepared to trust trotter until he put himself on the untrustworthy list (along with everyone else). I'm also prepared to trust you -albeit to a much lesser extent until someone is able to confirm or at least do more than vaguely allude to your PM story.

Whatever the scenario, it looks like there's someone who could have had a role, but missed out due to being unable to receive PMs. There's only a 50% chance of it being a bad role, but as I believe this game is gonna be tighter (for the townies - the goons are gonna have an easy game, I reckon) than a gnat's sphincter, we're gonna need as much help as we can get.

And if we can identify even one person who might be townier than the rest that gives us a marginal amount of help.

It's not like the goons are going to worry about who we lynch on day 1...unless we happen to target one of them.

Ryan Gosling
How would I know that? You weren't in my team.

The only person who's confirmed it is...errrr...yourself, and Dave to a lesser extent has suggested your un-PM-iness.

Yvonne confirmed you weren't in the same team as Deek so it's possible that he wouldn't be on your buddy list - though I find the notion of a buddy list for PMs slightly unusual.

Anyhoo, if I was a goon I wouldn't be openly looking for trustworthy folk, I'd be trying to make as many folk as possible look guilty.

As it is, I was prepared to trust trotter until he put himself on the untrustworthy list (along with everyone else). I'm also prepared to trust you -albeit to a much lesser extent until someone is able to confirm or at least do more than vaguely allude to your PM story.

Whatever the scenario, it looks like there's someone who could have had a role, but missed out due to being unable to receive PMs. There's only a 50% chance of it being a bad role, but as I believe this game is gonna be tighter (for the townies - the goons are gonna have an easy game, I reckon) than a gnat's sphincter, we're gonna need as much help as we can get.

And if we can identify even one person who might be townier than the rest that gives us a marginal amount of help.

It's not like the goons are going to worry about who we lynch on day 1...unless we happen to target one of them.

Yvonne left a message saying she couldn't PM me either.

And it's so I don't get messages from people I don't want to deal with.

This townie lark is a drag. Even being the Doc was a lot more fun, it adds a bit of suspense and makes you want to keep on keeping on, going back to rolelessness and having to make your own entertainment sure sucks the boaby. :(

Now I'm not saying sucking boaby is a form of entertainment with that statement

:)

Archived