Daily Record article

redm

While you're all getting into a rage about journos and 'made up' stories you take your eye of the ball when it comes to the real problems at the club.

He's got a point here. :whistling:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambothroughandthrough

It's not because people are trying to deflect anything.

It's possibly because many people have either heard you on the radio or read your posts on here, and realised that you are a fairly thick wind up merchant who seems only to be here for cheap thrills that you can regurgitate to your equally inane sidekicks on your depressingly dumbed down version of a radio show.

Possibly.

That's JKB in a nutshell. I'm right at home then.

I keep coming back because when you pull away all the paranoia there are some cracking posters and debates on here.

It's just a shame that many on here spend much of theie time debating things they don't believe in. What a waste of time and if truth be told are hypocrites.

You preach how much you don't like certain papers and journos but then can't stop yourself from reading the 'made up' stories and then you all get into a rage about a 'made up' story. You couldn't make it up.

People are not debating things they don't believe in. People are expressing their anger at the likes of you who are continually and deliberately mis-representing the facts in order to get a sensationalised story.

You and others like you seem now to be accusing Hearts' fans of not having a backbone, well I tell you that it is you and the rest of you parasites that lack balls. Why are you not busy writing stories about Rangers going into administration or Celtic's continued tolerance of their terrorist loving fans? I will tell you why, it's because you spend your days doing what the old firm and their cronies within the media/SFA and SPL want you to do.

Nelly Terraces

For many on this messageboard that don't read the newspapers....or believe anything that is written in the newspapers.... you sure as hell spend much of your time talking about stories you think are rubbish. DOH!

How can you possibly have an opinion on something you A: don't read B: don't believe anyway.

If you don't like said newspapers why would one then read the story you think is rubbish anyway?

If you think the journos have an agenda againt Hearts why would you read the story?

If you think the stories in the papers are made up why would you read it and then get all upset about it?

You keep saying that the journos are this and that...etc etc. Try doing what you always say you do and......DON'T READ IT!

Jog on ya MOD EDIT. Does anyone actually takes these rags seriously, part from deperados like yourself who have to cling onto them for stories to work with. Read by absolute no-brains, mainly in the West of Scotland, the sort of drongos who listen to your radio station, I heard it once, wow, incredible, I didn't know there were people that ignorant and downright retarded out there, except in the darkest corners of the old firm support. Seriously, what's it like knowing you're bradcasting to morons?

Sorry to be so scathing, but I had to get that off my chest. The good thing is, these tiresome tabloid rags are history, and will soon be gone. I'm off to listen to BBC 6 music now, cheero.

Jambothroughandthrough

People are not debating things they don't believe in. People are expressing their anger at the likes of you who are continually and deliberately mis-representing the facts in order to get a sensationalised story.

You and others like you seem now to be accusing Hearts' fans of not having a backbone, well I tell you that it is you and the rest of you parasites that lack balls. Why are you not busy writing stories about Rangers going into administration or Celtic's continued tolerance of their terrorist loving fans? I will tell you why, it's because you spend your days doing what the old firm and their cronies within the media/SFA and SPL want you to do.

When? Example?

Thanks

Radioactive Mince

Nothing wrong with the article. I don't see the problem. It's up to Hearts to not give out the ammo like free candy...

I agree.

The player in question actually comes across pretty well and seems to give one about the club.

Jambothroughandthrough

Jog on ya tool. Does anyone actually takes these rags seriously, part from deperados like yourself who have to cling onto them for stories to work with. Read by absolute no-brains, mainly in the West of Scotland, the sort of drongos who listen to your radio station, I heard it once, wow, incredible, I didn't know there were people that ignorant and downright retarded out there, except in the darkest corners of the old firm support. Seriously, what's it like knowing you're bradcasting to morons?

Sorry to be so scathing, but I had to get that off my chest. The good thing is, these tiresome tabloid rags are history, and will soon be gone. I'm off to listen to BBC 6 music now, cheero.

Many obviousily do on JKB, despite saying they don't, because most spend much of their time getting themselves in a rage about 'made up' stories. :blink:

Jambothroughandthrough

I agree.

The player in question actually comes across pretty well and seems to give one about the club.

THIS.

I agree.

Agreed.

It doesn't even come across as a shit stirring article so I'm not sure why people get their panties in a twist.

The player comes across quite well, raising level headed concerns and dispelling the fact that players are actively trying to get out of their contracts.

Jambothroughandthrough

Agreed.

It doesn't even come across as a shit stirring article so I'm not sure why people get their panties in a twist.

The player comes across quite well, raising level headed concerns and dispelling the fact that players are actively trying to get out of their contracts.

This.

While you're all getting into a rage about journos and 'made up' stories you take your eye of the ball when it comes to the real problems at the club.

Thats you making assumptions, im perfectly able to not worry about those problems and pull up gobshite journalists for there made up stories

portobellojambo1

You keep saying that the journos are this and that...etc etc. Try doing what you always say you do and......DON'T READ IT!

Why don't journalists do what they are meant to do, pick up a lead, investigate it in full, and then put the facts into their articles, not their feckin spin on non stories to make them sound interesting to the brain dead. And please don't tell me the newspaper industry are desperate to protect the identity of an "unnamed player" at Tynecastle for one second, because you me and probably every unfortunate bar steward forced to follow Hibs knows the press have absolutely no morals.

What interests me is that with all these stories coming out about HMFC via Weegeville there is still nothing as yet come from the one journalist whose column I would read in the full knowledge that it would be correct, because said journalist would find out the facts before putting anything into print. If there was any truth in any of the fabrications that have appeared over the last few days I am 100% certain an article would have appeared in the Guardian, written by a true Hearts fan, and he would have presented it to us full on.

I agree.

whats in question in my eyes, is that there is a player in question.

I was speaking to an unnamed player earlier today and he said 'that jambothroughandthrough fi kickback is a complete mod edit'

The Treasurer

Here is my response....which you obviously missed

'What a sad and pathetic individual you are.

Three years ago my son was 8 and wanted to support Celtic because of his two best friends. He wanted to be just like them and go to the games with his pals. I had a laugh about this on the radio. Big deal.

He is now 11 and is the proud owner of a Hearts season book.

Imagine bringing my kids into this debate. There's much I want to say here but I'll get banned and you're not worth it'.

No doubt for row 40 of the thingy stand

so your willing ti swallow the unamed source and subsequent clues??

Yup. Whilst I despise the Daily Record, I 100% believe this article. It' a shame the player felt the need to go to them.

Exactly. Fair play to him for letting us know the mood inside the dressing room.

Interesting. I don't know of any Hearts fan who raised his son to support another team. I, like you, look forward to a response, if one's forthcoming!

My son supports Mansfield Townninja.gif

AllyjamboDerbyshire

And what would you have us do if we didn't take our eyes off the ball? Arrange protest marches, sing anti-Vlad songs, punch Vlad on the nose, pass round a hat to raise enough money to buy the club? Or maybe you think Hearts are a democracy and we can vote Vlad out! Or wait a minute, maybe we can find a Hearts supporting media guy, who might do his best to debunk much of what is said about the club he says he loves. Maybe one who, when he sees some decision given against his club, that makes his blood boil in the way all other football fans blood boils, he'll think, 'sh*t, there's 14,000 Hearts fans here with no voice, I'll speak up for them, and the other thousands of football fans in this country, because I can.' But we don't have anyone like that so we are limited to letting off steam online.

Something for you to consider. You clearly dislike Vlad and want rid of him. Do you think the way the media pick on his every, percieved, mistake endevouring to make him look a clown and highlight all Hearts financial woes, helps to encourage someone to come along and spend millions on buying the club? Or do you think it would send anyone, other than a total masochist, running for the hills? Or are you like so many of the other contributors on here you so despise, but who just happen to dislike Vlad, always shouting about how we need to get rid of him and should take action, but never come up with any idea how we could go about it, assuming we had our eye on the ball?

whats in question in my eyes, is that there is a player in question.

Me too. Most of what is said is just the kind of stuff that's been posted on here over the past couple of days. the clincher for me is his concern for other companies the club might be due money to. As someone who worked for a company with serious cash flow problems (to the extent the bank threw us into receivership and liquidated the company) I know we didn't really give two hoots about whether the company could pay the bills, just that they could pay the wages.

To me it's just a scaremongering story wrapped up in a "from the horses mouth" article.

Jambothroughandthrough

Why don't journalists do what they are meant to do, pick up a lead, investigate it in full, and then put the facts into their articles, not their feckin spin on non stories to make them sound interesting to the brain dead. And please don't tell me the newspaper industry are desperate to protect the identity of an "unnamed player" at Tynecastle for one second, because you me and probably every unfortunate bar steward forced to follow Hibs knows the press have absolutely no morals.

What interests me is that with all these stories coming out about HMFC via Weegeville there is still nothing as yet come from the one journalist whose column I would read in the full knowledge that it would be correct, because said journalist would find out the facts before putting anything into print. If there was any truth in any of the fabrications that have appeared over the last few days I am 100% certain an article would have appeared in the Guardian, written by a true Hearts fan, and he would have presented it to us full on.

Great post and I agree with your point. But we're talking about the tabloid media the world over here.

Is it right? Not all the time. Do I agree with it all the time? Nope. Do they exaggerate stuff? Yes

But there is always some truth behind all the interesting ways they go about writing their stories.

Players DO speak to the tabloid media. Players spend time with the tabloid media. Some players are very good friends of the tabloid media.

The above story in question is typical tabloid journalism but when you strip it back and just read the actual quotes from the 'player' it is actually a very good read.

Many stories in the press have to be taken with a pinch of salt. SHOCK!

Anybody ignoring all press speculation and merely reading Romanovs comments on the "official" website and taking into account the "fact", that wages are still outstanding would have serious reservations about his future commitment and where he is taking this club.

I understand the implications without Romanov all too fully, and it wont be pretty, but i aint in the camp that try to absolve Romanov and prefer to blame everybody else for his failings. ( namely the press, SFA and wh@nkers like me )

Jambothroughandthrough

Anybody ignoring all press speculation and merely reading Romanovs comments on the "official" website and taking into account the "fact", that wages are still outstanding would have serious reservations about his future commitment and where he is taking this club.

I understand the implications without Romanov all too fully, and it wont be pretty, but i aint in the camp that try to absolve Romanov and prefer to blame everybody else for his failings. ( namely the press, SFA and wh@nkers like me )

You've summed up what I've been trying to say for well over an hour :lol::thumbsup:

I can now go get a shower. Cheers mate

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

For many on this messageboard that don't read the newspapers....or believe anything that is written in the newspapers.... you sure as hell spend much of your time talking about stories you think are rubbish. DOH!

How can you possibly have an opinion on something you A: don't read B: don't believe anyway.

If you don't like said newspapers why would one then read the story you think is rubbish anyway?

If you think the journos have an agenda againt Hearts why would you read the story?

If you think the stories in the papers are made up why would you read it and then get all upset about it?

Who is this guy?

Apart from a few honourable exceptions, the once proud profession of journalism has, unfortunately, degenerated into nothing more than poorly worded opinion pieces. Remember when match reports reported on the match and weren't just a soap box for a journalist to give us valuable opinion on all other matters at a club?

I won't be preached to by someone who deliberately misinterprets posts so he can have an argument and who's in a profession that happily hacks the phones of murdered school girls and grieving families.

Jambothroughandthrough

Who is this guy?

I havn't mentioned anyone in particular in that post. What 'guy' are you talking about?

The question of who the real villain of the piece is needs to be asked at times.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

I keep coming back because when you pull away all the paranoia there are some cracking posters and debates on here.

It's just a shame that many on here spend much of theie time debating things they don't believe in. What a waste of time and if truth be told are hypocrites.

You preach how much you don't like certain papers and journos but then can't stop yourself from reading the 'made up' stories and then you all get into a rage about a 'made up' story. You couldn't make it up.

I agree.

Having said that, it is hurtful to read so many negative stories about the club and there is no doubt that the press see it as their job to stir up and amplify and exaggerate every negative nuance. The agenda is quite simple. The press have a narrative for Hearts, and especially Romanov, as panto villain to the main audience in the west. That's annoying when we have a great club, with a great tradition, routinely trashed in the media. Every club does get similar press treatment when there's a problem, but Hearts have fared worse than any other club in recent years. Romanov hasn't been forgiven for sacking Burley or for speaking out against refereeing standards in this country. Where are the journalists saying

"hang on, Romanov is the single biggest investor in the Scottish game outside the Old Firm, maybe, for the good of the game, we can stop rehashing the same old stereotyped nonsense and actually interpret what he says as fair comment on the state of the Scottish game. Maybe we, for the good of the gem, should welcome outside investment and make the experience welcoming and positive."

I've never read or heard that line from any journalists.

I suppose if Romanov pulls his money out of the club - which to be honest I would do if I were him (actually I wouldn't have hung around tho long getting my pockets dipped with huge SFA fines and a media machine determined to interpret everything I said as being mad - and the club falls apart, it'll all be the fault of us deluded Hearts fans.

Jambothroughandthrough

Apart from a few honourable exceptions, the once proud profession of journalism has, unfortunately, degenerated into nothing more than poorly worded opinion pieces. Remember when match reports reported on the match and weren't just a soap box for a journalist to give us valuable opinion on all other matters at a club?

Match reports are really a thing of the past because football is so widely available today.

Come Monday most of us have seen the highlights etc etc so the newspapers have to cover it differently. It's more about comment and opinion these days and that is the right thing to do because I'm not going to sit there and read about a match I have been to or seen on numerous occasions on the news etc etc.

Angry, annoyed and frustrated - those are the overriding emotions of Heart of Midlothian supporters as they wonder how the red top rags get away with printing unattributed guff about their club.

A senior newspaper reader was keen to express utter dismay and disappointment within the discerning public as they wait for a real story, based on actual facts, to emerge from the Glasgow media.

the windae cleaner

which is what i try to do with your posts ...... now jog on back to hunville :thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

Great post and I agree with your point. But we're talking about the tabloid media the world over here.

Is it right? Not all the time. Do I agree with it all the time? Nope. Do they exaggerate stuff? Yes

But there is always some truth behind all the interesting ways they go about writing their stories.

Players DO speak to the tabloid media. Players spend time with the tabloid media. Some players are very good friends of the tabloid media.

The above story in question is typical tabloid journalism but when you strip it back and just read the actual quotes from the 'player' it is actually a very good read.

I've just read the article Ewen, and you know something, I could have written that article without having to speak to any individual player. There is nothing new in there, I know the players are disappointed they haven't been paid as yet, so wouldn't have needed an unnamed player to confirm it. I could have then read through some of the threads that have appeared even on JKB over the last few days to come up with the rest of the script. Some of the questions that have been asked on here in threads along the way are things like "will this affect moral", "will players consider leaving", "will it be a deciding factor in players signing on again" and/or "new players actually signing". There are players who speak English either as there mother tongue or as a second language at Hearts so throwing in the line about unbroken English does nothing to verify that someone from the Daily Record spoke to anyone connected with HMFC.

All it does is state information already in the public domain, but the hope is it might make people sit up and take notice if it was indeed actually information provided by an "unnamed player" at Tynecastle.

The recent drivel that appeared about the winding up order and the bullshit about all the high earning players being told they were to get to feck in January, that took about 5 minutes, one text message, one email and one phone call, to establish it was garbage. I ain't no journalist and it took 5 minutes, yet those journalists with all the contacts at Tynecastle who are so willing to talk to them still thought it was worthwhile printing because it was the truth. My erse it was, and I am no nearer being convinced that the Daily Record have spoken to any of the players presently employed by HMFC.

excellent example of the media arrogance as well. here's a threads worth of people telling you what we want, whats wrong with what we get and here we have a little drone machination telling us we're wrong and this is what your gettin, get yer ti **** mate

Whether or not a player actually did give this 'interview' (and I would take that with a pinch of salt), I wouldn't blame any of the players for feeling like this.

Hopefully the wage issue will be resolved by Monday, and action won't b necessary.

Father Tiresias

In the absense of any communication from Tynecastle due to the media black-out, a convenient media black-out perhaps, the gutter press will have a field day speculating on what's going on from within Tynecastle's walls.

I don't think our owner is doing anyone any favours here, least of all the fans!!

Back on topic - it was Ian Black who gave this interview to the DR.

How do you know this ?

IMO this story seems to be completely fictitious, i doubt whether the writer spoke to any Hearts player never mind the player saying what he quotes him as saying!

Ewan Cameron, i take it you believe this story and therefore believe that the journalist in question did in fact get these exact quotes from a senior Hearts player ?

Do you know who it was ? or do you just believe it anyway ?

How do you know this ?

He was fuming today after being fined for speaking to the media.

"How can they fine me for talking to the media when they can't even pay me my f**kin wages" was what he was shouting down his phone in the Riccarton car park earlier today.

Back on topic - it was Ian Black who gave this interview to the DR.

If there was an actual player that did give the interview it wouldnt surprise me in the least if it was Black. The guy who is meant to be such a big Jambo IMO does give a toss about us. <_<

It looked very much to me if he really wanted to get sent off on Saturday through his immaturity and temper at the same time not giving a feck about his team mates or fans. :down:

"How can they fine me for talking to the media when they can't even pay me my f**kin wages" was what he was shouting down his phone in the Riccarton car park earlier today.

:lol:

:bitchplease:

Jambothroughandthrough, do you know for a fact who, if anyone ?

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

I havn't mentioned anyone in particular in that post. What 'guy' are you talking about?

I meant, who are you. It's fine now.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If it pisses off that wee ****, this whole thing has been worth it.

:greggy:

ToadKiller Dog

If the quotes about Black are true (which i doubt ) All i would say who has supported you over your alledged drug charges .

excellent example of the media arrogance as well. here's a threads worth of people telling you what we want, whats wrong with what we get and here we have a little drone machination telling us we're wrong and this is what your gettin, get yer ti **** mate

Couldn't agree more. How many times have we seen this from the media in recent seasons? (I was about to say press but the BBC and STV are just as bad as the manky weegie tabloids).

I've just read the article Ewen, and you know something, I could have written that article without having to speak to any individual player. There is nothing new in there, I know the players are disappointed they haven't been paid as yet, so wouldn't have needed an unnamed player to confirm it. I could have then read through some of the threads that have appeared even on JKB over the last few days to come up with the rest of the script. Some of the questions that have been asked on here in threads along the way are things like "will this affect moral", "will players consider leaving", "will it be a deciding factor in players signing on again" and/or "new players actually signing". There are players who speak English either as there mother tongue or as a second language at Hearts so throwing in the line about unbroken English does nothing to verify that someone from the Daily Record spoke to anyone connected with HMFC.

All it does is state information already in the public domain, but the hope is it might make people sit up and take notice if it was indeed actually information provided by an "unnamed player" at Tynecastle.

The recent drivel that appeared about the winding up order and the bullshit about all the high earning players being told they were to get to feck in January, that took about 5 minutes, one text message, one email and one phone call, to establish it was garbage. I ain't no journalist and it took 5 minutes, yet those journalists with all the contacts at Tynecastle who are so willing to talk to them still thought it was worthwhile printing because it was the truth. My erse it was, and I am no nearer being convinced that the Daily Record have spoken to any of the players presently employed by HMFC.

Wish you were writing for one of rags but then, I suppose the ed would bin your version - or edit it out of all recognition and then give you your P45.

Jam Tarts 1874

I never listen to Real Radio or read tabloid newspapers so I don't know who this Ewan Cameron is, but clearly he is a total zoomer.

Does he think that so called journos making up stories, demonsing our club/owner/players and contriving wild allegations counts as investigative journalism? He appears to be saying that because JKB is in general deriding these made up stories, we are somehow not interested in "what is going on with Hearts". What a pleb!

Of course Hearts fans are interested in Hearts, however here is a newsflash for you Cameron - Hearts fans knew our club was on it's knees when Romanov took over, Hearts fans know that Romanov is volatile, Hearts fans know that there have been serious cash-flow problems at times, Hearts fans know that Romanov could pull the plug at any time.

Now is there anything else that you think Hearts fans need to read the tabloids to find out about?!

Rather than coming on here noising everyone up, perhaps you should find your level doing some hospital radio or something.

SectionDJambo

The trouble isn't really the reaction of Hearts fans to the articles, but the peddling of mis information to others through these press stories. I haven't bought a Scottish newspaper for years due to not being able to have any confidence in the truth of their stories. My view is that if they are making up stories, or not researching properly, on the back pages, they are probably as hopeless for the front pages. So what is the point of buying a product you have no confidence in. It's like buying a soap powder that doesn't clean your clothes.

However, others do still buy them and believe them. They are then influenced by the version given by these hacks, which causes damage to the name of our club. Some will say that Romanov causes more damage to Hearts name than anybody. But the most annoying thing for me is that these weasels do not have the guts to report on the OF in the same manner when the opportunity to do so arises. Please don't anyone try to say that they won't have

damaging stories to tell about them and the other major clubs. The Rangers tax issue and Celtic's battles with the SFA last season were reported completely differently.

Without this consistency the whole media environment is

corrupt. They spend so much time mischief making that you

just don't know when they are telling the truth anymore.

Scotland used to boast some great journalists. Sadly we have allowed the Monkeys to take over, and the result will be the demise of the Scottish press sooner rather than later.

Many,many years ago I was a wee 10 year boy living in a Tolcross tenement.After a chip pan went on fire on the second landing smoke bellowed out of the window.Me and my pals went into the stair and we rapped on the doors to warn folk.No big deal became of it.I think the fire was dealt with before the Fire Brigade arrived.One of my pals became the "Hero of the blaze" in the Record .My dad showed me the paper.I remember thinking then that what the paper had written was not right.i learned from a very early age.Its the same old story whatever their protestations.They want a story.

Malcolm Tucker

JT&T, you do speak sense sometimes.

However, if you stopped being immediately defensive and saying things like 'Next...' and acting like a petulant wee teenager, a lot more people would see your way of thinking.

You can, also, can speak some amount of shite. :)

Archived