Daily Record article

redm

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Un-named Hearts star..... your quest to oust the training ground mole continues Red :thumbsup:

Not too sure how I feel about players going to the press anonimously. I can kinda see why they would - but itjust seems wrong in my opinion.

alwaysthereinspirit

Un-named Hearts star..... your quest to oust the training ground mole continues Red :thumbsup:

Not too sure how I feel about players going to the press anonimously. I can kinda see why they would - but itjust seems wrong in my opinion.

If you knew it was frowned upon to talk to them, would you trust the Daily Record to not divulge your name?

They even give little clues in the story.

First team player,

Senior Pro,

Speaks unbroken English but says moans like a "true" Scotsman.

Possibly has his own contract up in the Summer

Jambothroughandthrough

For many on this messageboard that don't read the newspapers....or believe anything that is written in the newspapers.... you sure as hell spend much of your time talking about stories you think are rubbish. DOH!

How can you possibly have an opinion on something you A: don't read B: don't believe anyway.

If you don't like said newspapers why would one then read the story you think is rubbish anyway?

If you think the journos have an agenda againt Hearts why would you read the story?

If you think the stories in the papers are made up why would you read it and then get all upset about it?

You keep saying that the journos are this and that...etc etc. Try doing what you always say you do and......DON'T READ IT!

Guest Dipped Flake

For many on this messageboard that don't read the newspapers....or believe anything that is written in the newspapers.... you sure as hell spend much of your time talking about stories you think are rubbish. DOH!

How can you possibly have an opinion on something you A: don't read B: don't believe anyway.

If you don't like said newspapers why would one then read the story you think is rubbish anyway?

If you think the journos have an agenda againt Hearts why would you read the story?

If you think the stories in the papers are made up why would you read it and then get all upset about it?

You keep saying that the journos are this and that...etc etc. Try doing what you always say you do and......DON'T READ IT!

Why don't you do us all a favour and stick to sooking up the OF arses on your wee radio show. Before you go on about if you don't like it don't listen to it, I haven't listened to it for over 3 years, as I couldn't stand the way you stood up for everything that the of, and especially rangers did, while not missing an opportunity to have a dig at hearts.

I also haven't bought a paper for about 2 years as I do not want to give money to people with the same attitiude as yourself when it comes to Hearts and the OF

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Thanks for the reminder Ewan...

Here's the article so as to not send any traffic to the Record and that utter gimp of a mate of Ewen's Keith Jackson. :thumbsup:

Un-named Hearts star insists cash problems will put players off signing new deals

ANGRY, annoyed and frustrated - those are the overriding emotions of Hearts' players as they wonder when or if they'll be paid their wages.

Their salary from last month is 18 days overdue now and with no sign of imminent cash, one Jambos star has decided to speak about the pay row which has rocked Scottish football.

Tynecastle owner Vladimir Romanov has so far failed to stump up salaries, which has left the club in a state of turmoil.

In the midst of the club's 'media ban' the first-team player doesn't want to be named.

But the senior pro was keen to express the utter dismay and disappointment within the Hearts dressing room as they wait for payment from Lithuania.

The unnamed star admits:

The wages delay will now affect their displays on the pitch.

Players will now think twice about signing any possible new deals at Tynecastle.

They're now starting to worry about the club's long-term future if Romanov can't pay the bills.

The Hearts player said: "Everyone is down in the dressing room. We're angry and frustrated.

"It's going to start having an effect on performances. We've actually played quite well in our last two games but we've lost them both.

"And with this hanging over the players it's inevitable it will have a detrimental effect on the pitch.

"It's always going to be at the back of your mind when you're effectively out there working for nothing.

"At the moment we don't have a clue when we're going to be paid. That's the reality of the situation.

"In the past couple of weeks the players have thought 'Romanov will eventually pay us, he usually does'. But right now there doesn't seem to be anything coming from them.

"It's starting to annoy us now. The PFA were at the club yesterday and there's a sheet available to sign so we can complain to the SPL. That is an option but we are not pushing it at the moment.

"Before that there had been a few moans in the dressing room.

"Players will always say no matter what is going on behind the scenes that they'll give 100 per cent on the pitch in every game.

"And most of our boys are professional enough to want to go and do well. But subconsciously, it will always play on your mind that you haven't been paid.

"If you're a player with money problems and really need the cash, it's the last thing you want to be worried about when you step out to play St Mirren on Saturday.

"It brings your personal life into your work, which you don't want as a player. You just want to focus on your football but that's difficult right now.

"It's only natural that when you're worried you won't perform to the best of your ability."

The player has been through a lot in his time at Tynecastle with Romanov at the helm but he's adamant nothing has been as bad as the current predicament.

With a dozen stars out of contract in the summer, incredibly, the club had indicated to several of them they were keen to start negotiating extended deals.

But the player believes it will be impossible for any of his teammates to sign again after the latest debacle.

He said: "Being at Hearts, we've learnt to expect trials and tribulations. But this is the worst incident since I've been here.

"Different managers come here on a frequent basis but that's part of football, you get used to that. But our wages are normally just a couple of days late.

"It can get a bit frustrating but you know you'll get it, it isn't too big a deal. But it's approaching three weeks now - we're only 12 days away from getting next month's pay.

"So you start thinking, 'Will we get that?' There's genuine concern in here now as everyone is worried we won't get it at all. We're just living in hope.

"There are around 12 players out of contract soon. That's the thing - the club were talking about extending some of our deals. But who would want to sign now? They could offer you a great deal and you think, 'That's not bad'. But are you going to get paid?

"Talk of players terminating their contracts isn't really relevant with so many of us up in the summer. I don't think it will come to that, where we try to become free agents. That's a long way off.

"But if the club think they're going to offer six or seven players new deals, will they really want to sign? I doubt it."

"I know the wages issue will cause one or two boys in the dressing room a major problem. All of us have mortgages and families.

"Hearts have a reputation now as being a bit of a crazy club. But we're also regarded as the third biggest in Scotland and this shouldn't be happening.

"It's embarrassing and it's not the way to run a club like ours.

"We're starting to worry for the future of the club. If Romanov can't pay wages, are there other bills he can't pay?

"Is he struggling himself financially? That's the questions both the players and fans are asking themselves right now.

"It would be a disaster if something serious happened to this club."

Jambothroughandthrough

Why don't you do us all a favour and stick to sooking up the OF arses on your wee radio show. Before you go on about if you don't like it don't listen to it, I haven't listened to it for over 3 years, as I couldn't stand the way you stood up for everything that the of, and especially rangers did, while not missing an opportunity to have a dig at hearts.

I also haven't bought a paper for about 2 years as I do not want to give money to people with the same attitiude as yourself when it comes to Hearts and the OF

Why don't you practice what you preach?

Why don't you worry with what are the real issues at our club?

Jambothroughandthrough

Thanks for the reminder Ewan...

Here's the article so as to not send any traffic to the Record and that utter gimp of a mate of Ewen's Keith Jackson. :thumbsup:

Un-named Hearts star insists cash problems will put players off signing new deals

ANGRY, annoyed and frustrated - those are the overriding emotions of Hearts' players as they wonder when or if they'll be paid their wages.

Their salary from last month is 18 days overdue now and with no sign of imminent cash, one Jambos star has decided to speak about the pay row which has rocked Scottish football.

Tynecastle owner Vladimir Romanov has so far failed to stump up salaries, which has left the club in a state of turmoil.

In the midst of the club's 'media ban' the first-team player doesn't want to be named.

But the senior pro was keen to express the utter dismay and disappointment within the Hearts dressing room as they wait for payment from Lithuania.

The unnamed star admits:

The wages delay will now affect their displays on the pitch.

Players will now think twice about signing any possible new deals at Tynecastle.

They're now starting to worry about the club's long-term future if Romanov can't pay the bills.

The Hearts player said: "Everyone is down in the dressing room. We're angry and frustrated.

"It's going to start having an effect on performances. We've actually played quite well in our last two games but we've lost them both.

"And with this hanging over the players it's inevitable it will have a detrimental effect on the pitch.

"It's always going to be at the back of your mind when you're effectively out there working for nothing.

"At the moment we don't have a clue when we're going to be paid. That's the reality of the situation.

"In the past couple of weeks the players have thought 'Romanov will eventually pay us, he usually does'. But right now there doesn't seem to be anything coming from them.

"It's starting to annoy us now. The PFA were at the club yesterday and there's a sheet available to sign so we can complain to the SPL. That is an option but we are not pushing it at the moment.

"Before that there had been a few moans in the dressing room.

"Players will always say no matter what is going on behind the scenes that they'll give 100 per cent on the pitch in every game.

"And most of our boys are professional enough to want to go and do well. But subconsciously, it will always play on your mind that you haven't been paid.

"If you're a player with money problems and really need the cash, it's the last thing you want to be worried about when you step out to play St Mirren on Saturday.

"It brings your personal life into your work, which you don't want as a player. You just want to focus on your football but that's difficult right now.

"It's only natural that when you're worried you won't perform to the best of your ability."

The player has been through a lot in his time at Tynecastle with Romanov at the helm but he's adamant nothing has been as bad as the current predicament.

With a dozen stars out of contract in the summer, incredibly, the club had indicated to several of them they were keen to start negotiating extended deals.

But the player believes it will be impossible for any of his teammates to sign again after the latest debacle.

He said: "Being at Hearts, we've learnt to expect trials and tribulations. But this is the worst incident since I've been here.

"Different managers come here on a frequent basis but that's part of football, you get used to that. But our wages are normally just a couple of days late.

"It can get a bit frustrating but you know you'll get it, it isn't too big a deal. But it's approaching three weeks now - we're only 12 days away from getting next month's pay.

"So you start thinking, 'Will we get that?' There's genuine concern in here now as everyone is worried we won't get it at all. We're just living in hope.

"There are around 12 players out of contract soon. That's the thing - the club were talking about extending some of our deals. But who would want to sign now? They could offer you a great deal and you think, 'That's not bad'. But are you going to get paid?

"Talk of players terminating their contracts isn't really relevant with so many of us up in the summer. I don't think it will come to that, where we try to become free agents. That's a long way off.

"But if the club think they're going to offer six or seven players new deals, will they really want to sign? I doubt it."

"I know the wages issue will cause one or two boys in the dressing room a major problem. All of us have mortgages and families.

"Hearts have a reputation now as being a bit of a crazy club. But we're also regarded as the third biggest in Scotland and this shouldn't be happening.

"It's embarrassing and it's not the way to run a club like ours.

"We're starting to worry for the future of the club. If Romanov can't pay wages, are there other bills he can't pay?

"Is he struggling himself financially? That's the questions both the players and fans are asking themselves right now.

"It would be a disaster if something serious happened to this club."

Thanks for proving my point :thumbsup:

The Treasurer

No-one takes you seriously either but we still take a wee look to see what pesh you're spouting.

Jambothroughandthrough

Piss off Cameron you welt.

Truth hurts?

If the majority on this messageboard don't believe a word that is written in the press then why would one spend so much time debating it? Think about it.

And if you are one of those who think the stories are made up then you really should be concentrating your thoughts and efforts on the real problems at the club and not these 'made up stories'.

Why on why on why one spends so much time on something you don't believe is baffling beyond belief.

I wonder why Ewan only turns up when there's some bad news for Hearts. I don't think I've ever seen him say anything positive about the club.

Jambothroughandthrough

No-one takes you seriously either but we still take a wee look to see what pesh you're spouting.

I have an opinion but you will never see me have an opinion on something I 'don't read'. DOH!

You will never see me comment on somthing I 'don't believe'.

You will never see me comment on something that is written by a 'journo who has an agenda against Hearts'.

You will never see me comment on a story that is 'made up'.

But why would I make a comment about any story when I have already decided that I don't believe or read any of it anyway?

Oops that's right you might believe all of the above but then you still read it and then get upset about soemthing you think is made up.

:blink:

Jambothroughandthrough

I wonder why Ewan only turns up when there's some bad news for Hearts. I don't think I've ever seen him say anything positive about the club.

That is a lie.

next...

Fermit the Krog

I seem to remember you saying on radio you were no longer a hearts fan but a fan of scottish football...

Why are you here?

Difference much?

Jambo, Goodbye

Nothing wrong with the article. I don't see the problem. It's up to Hearts to not give out the ammo like free candy...

Jambothroughandthrough

I seem to remember you saying on radio you were no longer a hearts fan but a fan of scottish football...

Why are you here?

Difference much?

That is a lie.

I said I'm a fan of Scottish football in Europe and want all teams to do well. I wanted Celtic to win last night and i also wanted Hibs to progress a few years ago.

I'm a fan of Scottish football when any of our clubs play in Europe.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

You could go work for a tabloid paper.....see it's that easy.

next....

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Why didn't you answer my post last night? (the second one, in response to your rather pathetic attempt to answer the first)

Why are you still banging on about people on here criticising the press?

Why is it wrong for people to criticise the press just because they don't buy the papers?

Why is it, if you don't like what people say on here, you keep coming back, just to criticise/mock them?

Why is it your posts on here suggest you're a media person first and a Jambo second? In fact, you sound more like a media supporter than a Hearts fan.

Oh why do I bother? You'll probably come back with an answer relating to something, or someone, I've not mentioned, just as you did last night.

jamboinglasgow

That is a lie.

next...

Is it? I cant remember seeing you post a positive comment, only negative. I also dont get why you come on here when you only get abuse back, to me its almost like you enjoy trolling the forum.

The Treasurer

I have an opinion but you will never see me have an opinion on something I 'don't read'. DOH!

You will never see me comment on something that is written by a 'journo who has an agenda against Hearts'.

But why would I make a comment about any story when I have already decided that I don't believe or read any of it anyway?

Oops that's right you might believe all of the above but then you still read it and then get upset about soemthing you think is made up.

No matter what the topic is you ALWAYS manage to turn it into a "look at me" thread

In fairness you no doubt have a much bigger audience on here than your pathetic wee radio "show"

Fermit the Krog

I said I'm a fan of Scottish football in Europe and want all teams to do well. I wanted Celtic to win last night.

Little wonder. You raised your son a celtic fan after all.

More lies?

Jambothroughandthrough

Why didn't you answer my post last night? (the second one, in response to your rather pathetic attempt to answer the first)

Why are you still banging on about people on here criticising the press?

Why is it wrong for people to criticise the press just because they don't buy the papers?

Why is it, if you don't like what people say on here, you keep coming back, just to criticise/mock them?

Why is it your posts on here suggest you're a media person first and a Jambo second? In fact, you sound more like a media supporter than a Hearts fan.

Oh why do I bother? You'll probably come back with an answer relating to something, or someone, I've not mentioned, just as you did last night.

I keep coming back because when you pull away all the paranoia there are some cracking posters and debates on here.

It's just a shame that many on here spend much of theie time debating things they don't believe in. What a waste of time and if truth be told are hypocrites.

You preach how much you don't like certain papers and journos but then can't stop yourself from reading the 'made up' stories and then you all get into a rage about a 'made up' story. You couldn't make it up.

Rather than turning this into anothether Ewan versus everyone else thread, let's address the matter in hand.

A senior pro has chosen to speak out, and despite his dubious choice of medium, I'm glad to hear it. It gives us, the paying pounters, a good idea of the mindset of the players. The longer this drags on, the more it will affect our performances on the itch in the short term and our chances of keeping the players the manager wants longer term.

Unfortunately, I suspect the Daily ****** have stitched him up by giving so many clues to his identity.

Truth hurts?

If the majority on this messageboard don't believe a word that is written in the press then why would one spend so much time debating it? Think about it.

And if you are one of those who think the stories are made up then you really should be concentrating your thoughts and efforts on the real problems at the club and not these 'made up stories'.

Why on why on why one spends so much time on something you don't believe is baffling beyond belief.

So people arent allowed to discuss when national newspaper and media outlets are lying to the whole of the country, when we see from the inforamtion we get ourselves cos most of us being proper fans do a fair bit of dleving, being spun to suit agendas. We are allowed to discuss what is being lied, who is doing the lying and why they would do it.

This pish you are going about is classic diversion tactics to avoid debating the issue of national media being uterr contemptable welts

The Wrinkly Ninja

You have never commented on anything that is made up? ever?

Rather than turning this into anothether Ewan versus everyone else thread, let's address the matter in hand.

A senior pro has chosen to speak out, and despite his dubious choice of medium, I'm glad to hear it. It gives us, the paying pounters, a good idea of the mindset of the players. The longer this drags on, the more it will affect our performances on the itch in the short term and our chances of keeping the players the manager wants longer term.

Unfortunately, I suspect the Daily ****** have stitched him up by giving so many clues to his identity.

so your willing ti swallow the unamed source and subsequent clues??

Jambothroughandthrough

More lies?

What a sad and pathetic individual you are.

Three years ago my son was 8 and wanted to support Celtic because of his two best friends. He wanted to be just like them and go to the games with his pals. I had a laugh about this on the radio. Big deal.

He is now 11 and is the proud owner of a Hearts season book.

Imagine bringing my kids into this debate. There's much I want to say here but I'll get banned and you're not worth it.

Next.....

King of the North

Believe it or not, Ewen, many Hearts fans dislike it when journalists make stuff up about the club. They dislike it when journalists clearly have an agenda against their club. They dislike it when journalists clearly lie and simply fill in the blanks writing unbelievable stories. They may then get so pissed off about this that they comment on it on an internet forum.

Welt.

Jambothroughandthrough

You have never commented on anything that is made up? ever?

I'm sure I have but I wouldn't be aware of this 'made up' story if I'd already decided not to read the newspaper in question.

Jambothroughandthrough

It always does.

'Deflector shields set to maximum'

people arent as stupid as you think they are, suppose you think that the serfs should swallow everything you and your journo pals spew out, but people have right to challenge what theyr are being told to belive, aint this a democracy Ewan, isnt this America Ewan I thought this was America.

What a sad and pathetic individual you are.

Three years ago my son was 8 and wanted to support Celtic because of his two best friends. He wanted to be just like them and go to the games with his pals. I had a laugh about this on the radio. Big deal.

Imagine bringing my kids into this debate. There's much I want to say here but I'll get banned and you're not worth it.

Next.....

Please go on.

Next......................................................................................................................

It always does.

poor you, stop sooking of Old Firm welt for your three pieces of silver then, part of the problem not part of the solution

More lies?

Interesting. I don't know of any Hearts fan who raised his son to support another team. I, like you, look forward to a response, if one's forthcoming!

Jambothroughandthrough

Please go on.

Next......................................................................................................................

Wouldn't drag myself down to his level.

:thumbsup:

Jambothroughandthrough

Interesting. I don't know of any Hearts fan who raised his son to support another team. I, like you, look forward to a response, if one's forthcoming!

Here is my response....which you obviously missed

'What a sad and pathetic individual you are.

Imagine bringing my kids into this debate. There's much I want to say here but I'll get banned and you're not worth it'.

King of the North

It always does.

It's not because people are trying to deflect anything.

It's possibly because many people have either heard you on the radio or read your posts on here, and realised that you are a fairly thick wind up merchant who seems only to be here for cheap thrills that you can regurgitate to your equally inane sidekicks on your depressingly dumbed down version of a radio show.

Possibly.

For a journalist your spelling is shite, and thats coming from a dispraxic, dyslexic !!!!

Jambothroughandthrough

While you're all getting into a rage about journos and 'made up' stories you take your eye of the ball when it comes to the real problems at the club.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I keep coming back because when you pull away all the paranoia there are some cracking posters and debates on here.

It's just a shame that many on here spend much of theie time debating things they don't believe in. What a waste of time and if truth be told are hypocrites.

You preach how much you don't like certain papers and journos but then can't stop yourself from reading the 'made up' stories and then you all get into a rage about a 'made up' story. You couldn't make it up.

But my post last night didn't criticise the media about how they attack Hearts but made the point that the media create public oppinion and can make or break careers, businesses, reputations etc, and as such, affect even those who don't read their papers and so we all have a right to hold an oppinion of them. You chose to answer it as though I'd been bumming up Vlad. My second post, directed to you, pointed out that I hadn't mentioned him, or even football, but you chose not to reply.

Now you've chosen to respond, again without paying attention to what I've actually said, and merely regurgitated what you've been saying in just about every other post ie criticising everyone who dares criticise the press.

If you do, as you say, enjoy debating with other Jambos on here, why don't you begin debating rather than avoiding, in Chick Young style, what is actually being said while mocking everyone you seem to see as your intellectual inferior?

portobellojambo1

Un-named Hearts player = figment of monkey's imagination!

At last somebody has got a hang of how the Glasgow based papers work. One of the things I never included in a post yesterday, alongside "believes", "understands", "a source close to the club". The best one of the lot they come up with is actually this one, "an unnamed source". when the unnamed source is some plooky, Weegie loving feckwit stirring shit at some wankhole of a paper outlet in Glasgow, while bashing away on his computer's word processing application.

Unsure why this Jambothroughandthrough guy always cries out for attention. Really unusual behaviour on display here IMO.

Since when did the majority of members on this messageboard not believe a word of the stories reported in the press?

If this was the case then I could maybe see where Jambothroughandthrough is coming from....

Even then I could still understand Hearts fans taking an interest in what the media are reporting about their club - Like anything, if you think someone is shitstirring and dragging the name of your club through the dirt then dispute it/comment on it. Surely that makes sense.

For that reason, and the fact that the majority of members on this messageboard have no real issue with the media (not to the extent that Jambothroughandthrough is making out amirite), this wannabe smartarse argument is really pointless.

Archived