The Official Scotland v Spain match thread

The Merse

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do believe we will win this 2-1 , The Spanish will tire and we will run them ragged second hoff

Yes, we're just lulling them into thinking they're streets ahead of us.

Genius really.

Nicholas Brody

which Spanish team plays at this groon I canny b arsed lookin it up

H?rcules I think.

which Spanish team plays at this groon I canny b arsed lookin it up

Hercules.

Commentators trying to bum up McGregor.

Arseholes.

Not been overly impressed with Adam so far tonight. Couple of attempts at Hollywood passes that have gone miles off and couple of times around the box when he could have shot but instead went for the clever pass.

Cardiac Rucksack

Some pace by Mackail Smith. We actually look decent in the final third. Shame about our honking centre halfs.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Pathetic defending around the edge of the box.

Berra and Caldwell are dire. Berra was pretty pish for Hearts ffs never mind at this level.

Berra and Caldwell are dire. Berra was pretty pish for Hearts ffs never mind at this level.

He doesn't have the pace to deal with most teams at international level.

The quicker Danny Wilson comes through the better. Hanley is meant to be a good prospect as well.

So 2-0 down going out and ill wager on levein not putting on a second striker until about 70 mins . gotta at least try attack

Patrick Bateman

Levein's sudden desire to win away games in the most difficult of circumstances, instead of pressing to beat the likes of Lithuania or be more adventurous against the Czechs has cost us. He has failed to get the best out of a fairly decent squad of players. He should resign after this match or be sacked, and replaced with someone who can. The Czechs are struggling to be average and I'd be astonished if they survived the play-offs.

quincy adams wagstaff

when i think of all the money i have spent in benedorm over the years,well never again.thought they may have done us a favour,well you can get stuffed seniors,you wont get my money again,blackpool next year for me :verymad:

ToadKiller Dog

Some pace by Mackail Smith. We actually look decent in the final third. Shame about our honking centre halfs.

Yeah he is the main plus point for Scotland to come out of this campaign ,He will score goals for Scotland against teams we are nearer to and offers more than Kenny Miller . Spain are on another planet from us .

Scotlands chances were overhyped wasnt going to happen a bit like Audery Harrison .

alwaysthereinspirit

So 2-0 down going out and ill wager on levein not putting on a second striker until about 70 mins . gotta at least try attack

2nd striker? Than insinuates you think there's a 1st.

I'm not saying that Craig Gordon would have kept the second goal out, but I'm certain he would have got nearer to it than McGregor managed.

Spain would do this to just about every team in the world. The damage was done away to Lithuania and Czech republic. Levein should walk, he wont though and he won't be sacked

Give it a rest, he was pretty good for Hearts along with Steven Pressley - ach but we are playing against Spain, who happen to be the champions of the world

and Europe. So he must be pish huh?

Never expected us to win or get any kind of result tonight however think we have played it about rather well and had 2 more chances than i thought we would - one from a certain mr Berra.

2nd striker? Than insinuates you think there's a 1st.

I think in the 1-9-1 formation Mackail-Smith is keeping Pique and Puyol company , think they were playing rock, paper, scissors at one point

Missed the Naismith penalty shout first time. Just saw it now - looked like a clear pen to me. Puyol went clear off his feet and took him out with both of them.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Give it a rest, he was pretty good for Hearts along with Steven Pressley - ach but we are playing against Spain, who happen to be the champions of the world

and Europe. So he must be pish huh?

Never expected us to win or get any kind of result tonight however think we have played it about rather well and had 2 more chances than i thought we would - one from a certain mr Berra.

My opinion is based on pretty much every international match he's played in. Out of his depth.

The Creepy Keeper has had a couple of good saves.... But the 1st goal...

Shows what we all know - Over rated by the Scottish Media Monkeys.

I love Scotland and Craig Gordon's hair looks nice the night.

But, mega lolz - mind when goons thought we had a chance!

My opinion is based on pretty much every international match he's played in. Out of his depth.

I hope this is the case, trully believe he has no fault at the second goal tonight.

Absolutely not basing this comment on tonight.

But Craig Levein has to go.

He doesn't - and he won't. Scotland were seeded 3rd; Scotland will finish 3rd. Scotland will make zero progress whatsoever if they keep firing manager after manager after every single qualifying campaign.

alwaysthereinspirit

The Creepy Keeper has had a couple of good saves.... But the 1st goal...

Shows what we all know - Over rated by the Scottish Media Monkeys.

They'll rip him to shreds tomorrow in the papers.

Just kidding. They'll tell us how "without him we'd have lost by more"

He doesn't - and he won't. Scotland were seeded 3rd; Scotland will finish 3rd. Scotland will make zero progress whatsoever if they keep firing manager after manager after every single qualifying campaign.

We'll make zero progress under him too.

He's shit.

Some people believed that Scotland would give Spain a game.

:vrface:

Some people hate their own national team and want it to fail. :vrface:

The Mighty Thor

Rob McLeans commentary of the Czech game. :vrface:

Amateur arsehole dross.

That was actually the only light moment of the evening so far. :lol:

I'm watching on streampro this game can someone confirm if there are actually more teams able to qualify for the next Euros, was touched on with I think setanta stream but didn't catch the ins and outs.

Hey Charlie, here's an idea. How about not try a 60 yard pass every time you get the ball? Tube

P.S. Levein's an erse. Only a LOSER plays no strikers in an international match!

I appreciate what you're saying but the Spanish are passing through our midfield at ease. A second striker would not help IMO. We've had a couple of half chances and not taken them and our central defenders are gash. Luck is the only thing that can save us IMO.

We'll make zero progress under him too.

He's shit.

He's OK, and you have made progress, albeit not as much as was hoped.

Archived