• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• Cruyff Turn

• Alex Kintner

• Juanjo15

rudi must stay
Just now, Tatlock said:

No names given but I was told today at Dalmahoy that two signings are earmarked for this week.

:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

No names given but I was told today at Dalmahoy that two signings are earmarked for this week.

Think the club still use the hotel to temporarily house players until permanent accommodation is found.

14 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Cardiff bought Paterson

There’s a bit of a difference there. 

Hungry hippo
31 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I always thought Henderson was a jambo?  Didn't he play for us as a kid?

Think we had a different Liam Henderson.

12 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Think we had a different Liam Henderson.

Did we not have two Liam Hendersons? Including the one being talked about when he was 14/15?

Edited by Gershwin

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

Did we not have two Liam Hendersons? Including the one being talked about when he was 14/15?

Yup, the Liam Henderson is question was on our books as you say (though think he left at 12 to go Celtic) while we signed a different Liam Henderson during Championship season but he went to Falkirk then Edinburgh City and is now playing in Australia.

As for that story, considering they were reporting last week that Fiorentina had made a 2 million euro bid, I doubt he will end up here.

2 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

There’s a bit of a difference there. 

Explain the difference?? You said who would sign an injured player and I gave you the first one that came to mind

Edited by XB52

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Explain the difference?? You said who would sign an injured player and I gave you the first one that came to mind

Paterson on a small fee out of freedom of contract at his age is a lot different from trying to flog a player for cash who hasn’t done much for a year and is injured.  There’s massive differences between the two, Paterson was an absolute steal, Djoum? Not really. 

3 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Paterson on a small fee out of freedom of contract at his age is a lot different from trying to flog a player for cash who hasn’t done much for a year and is injured.  There’s massive differences between the two, Paterson was an absolute steal, Djoum? Not really. 

Whatever, obviously giving you a straightforward answer isn't enough for you so I will bow out now 

Edited by XB52

18 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Not what you said originally though was it.

You said who would want to sign an injured player and you were given a very good example.

13 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Not what you said originally though was it.

You said who would want to sign an injured player and you were given a very good example.

Its not a good example because CP left of freedom of contract, Djoum isn’t out of contract. 

13 hours ago, XB52 said:

Whatever, obviously giving you a straightforward answer isn't enough for you so I will bow out now 

Ok, you bash on thinking someone’s going to pay money for an injured player and justify it with a club interested and signing a player on a pre-contract and getting him for sod all. 

johnking123

They still had to pay for Paterson. Something like 300K or just over. Will still be a few clubs willing to take a gamble if he only a couple of weeks away from full time training.

15 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Ok, you bash on thinking someone’s going to pay money for an injured player and justify it with a club interested and signing a player on a pre-contract and getting him for sod all. 

He's not some nobody journey man though, he's got a decent CV. He doesn't have a career threatening injury and his agent will be touting him round a few leagues. It won't be a massive fer but we'll get something for him if he goes this window...and I think he will. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes to Sunderland.

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He's not some nobody journey man though, he's got a decent CV. He doesn't have a career threatening injury and his agent will be touting him round a few leagues. It won't be a massive fer but we'll get something for him if he goes this window...and I think he will. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes to Sunderland.

We would be within our best interests trying to keep him until he’s fit get a couple months out him then sell in January.  There’s definitely a player in there though which is the sad part.  

5 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

We would be within our best interests trying to keep him until he’s fit get a couple months out him then sell in January.  There’s definitely a player in there though which is the sad part.  

Indeed. I feel for him actually he went to the African nations and came back to a new "coach" and a new team...hes been injured a bit and never really got a good run of games....hes out again and will miss the start of preseason and has another new set of team mates to gel with...

Selkirkhmfc1874

Payday this week so wouldn't surprise me if hearts had one or two announcements to make in next few days to try shift some season tickets on payday 

Not claiming to be in the know in any way shape or form, just passing on a rumour I’ve been told from a season ticket holder at The Rangers who I work with.........Steve Davis ex rangers and now I believe Southampton was close to a return to Rangers but they have opted for some foreign lad instead and we are now in talks with him as he wants to move back north. No idea if any truth in it. Maybe the guys here in the know can confirm or rubbish this. 

fabienleclerq
41 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Not claiming to be in the know in any way shape or form, just passing on a rumour I’ve been told from a season ticket holder at The Rangers who I work with.........Steve Davis ex rangers and now I believe Southampton was close to a return to Rangers but they have opted for some foreign lad instead and we are now in talks with him as he wants to move back north. No idea if any truth in it. Maybe the guys here in the know can confirm or rubbish this. 

I think rangers would burst the bank for him tbh. Can't see it but he would probably be the the best midfielder in the league instantly.

2 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

No chance, he could get treble what we could pay him 

i wish jj was my dad
On 26/06/2018 at 12:08, Rudy T said:

Indeed. I feel for him actually he went to the African nations and came back to a new "coach" and a new team...hes been injured a bit and never really got a good run of games....hes out again and will miss the start of preseason and has another new set of team mates to gel with...

No denying he was disappointing when he returned from ANC but he did well when he was fit last season and a big miss when injured. Levein certainlt seemed to get more out of him. 

1 hour ago, theshed said:

No chance, he could get treble what we could pay him 

Not in Scotland if the OF aren’t interested. As the poster was suggesting.

If he has 1yr left then that rules out any small chance of that being correct out the water I’d say. As stated just passing on what I heard. Shame tho ?

3 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

No denying he was disappointing when he returned from ANC but he did well when he was fit last season and a big miss when injured. Levein certainlt seemed to get more out of him. 

I think we got about two games out of him when he "did well". I think a combination of his injuries and the players around him didn't help but he plays when he can be arsed sometimes. He really needs a run of injury free games. There's a very good player and game changer there. We need to see more of it

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Steven Davis :rofl:

Would love it to be true and don't doubt the poster but just canny see it.

Scotsman reporting Rangers not interested. Agree it seems unlikely but so did Naismith. That'd shift some ST's for sure.

24 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

More chance of Dennis Taylor. 

Think you've snookered yourself here.

Were you thinking we were talking about Steven Taylor?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
59 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Think you've snookered yourself here.

Were you thinking we were talking about Steven Taylor?

I think the link is Steve Davis!

Still this limitation of English contracts ending end June but that is today. 

Might still get a marquee signing but very much doubt Davis. Was quoted at times as Southampton's best player last season. 

Rangers I thought didn't want players that 'walked away' (took up their legal rights) but they have signed McGregor. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Ah right.  It's me that's thick.

Bleary eyed with a thumping hang over:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir from a Friday night bevvy, I'd guess :thumbsup:

Still, it would be nice to have Steve :levein_interesting: Davis in our team!

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Stephen Hendrie at left back too

You wishful thinking ? Or anything with more substance to it

looked decent at Hamilton but West Ham didn’t work out for him neither it appears Southend and didn’t play much at Motherwell as he’s more left back than a wing back that Motherwell system allowed.

would take him if Mitchell was unattainable and Hendrie was available 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Do we think it will be just one new keeper with manson as third choice or two more?

I reckon Mason will go out on loan and we will bring someone in.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I reckon Mason will go out on loan and we will bring someone in.

What I was meant, my bad wording do we bring in two more keepers in addition to what we already have and have Manson as third choice.

Or indeed do u need three keepers?

rudi must stay
5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Amazing footwork. Deserved the goal with that bit of skill

Btw I hadn't foreseen a goal next season, I posted this on the wrong thread

Gulf Jambo

Got a feeling we will see another 1 or 2 in this week.

Could be Vanecek, as we can start negotiating a pre-contract with him as of today.

But just have a feeling we will see some movement soon.

(also i live halfway across the world, so this is in no way itk :lol:)

3 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Could be Vanecek, as we can start negotiating a pre-contract with him as of today.

It might be that we have to move one or two on before any activity. Maybe another loan deal for Sammon with any luck.

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Anyone know how Ali Crawford got on? If well, that could be a pretty quick signing to make

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Anyone know how Ali Crawford got on? If well, that could be a pretty quick signing to make

Reading between the lines of CL interviews and comments, we're definitely going to sign Ali Crawford.