Fraud at Hearts ( edited )

Jeff

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jamboinglasgow

The sun reporting that we lost £80,000 from it. Though Hamilton had it worse losing almost £1m to the fraud.

Possibly linked to Hamilton?

Transferring money due from tickets sales for away games?

Though that is Hamilton's money not ours. 

Just seen this...  Makes you feel for  Hamilton...  At least Rangers internationals crooks get blazers for their trouble..   Jokes aside..  More information needed, why not mentioned earlier....

Old enough to remember Duff and Gray at Hibs...   Just when the crowds are flocking back....

4 minutes ago, Jeffosphere said:

Pretty worrying that it took Hamilton to just about dissolve before we as a club realized we also have been affected

You don’t know that? Maybe the club was well aware and had dealt with it months ago. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The sun reporting that we lost £80,000 from it. Though Hamilton had it worse losing almost £1m to the fraud.

£80k is what I heard.

Human error. Honest mistake. Bill from a contractor paid by funds transfer. Except the bill was paid to fraudsters.

4 minutes ago, Jeffosphere said:

Pretty worrying that it took Hamilton to just about dissolve before we as a club realized we also have been affected

Good point... Help to Hamilton if needed...................  Identify the scumbags........... Attacking the clubs...

They arent going to mention anything on an active investigation.

Perhaps the police told them not to.

if the amount is £80k thats bad but recoverable.

Guarantee the vermin will be all over this with the “poppy thieves getting just deserts” chat.

1 minute ago, hueyview said:

Just seen this...  Makes you feel for  Hamilton...  At least Rangers internationals crooks get blazers for their trouble..   Jokes aside..  More information needed, why not mentioned earlier....

Old enough to remember Duff and Gray at Hibs...   Just when the crowds are flocking back....

Steady on to mention Duff and Gray in the same breath as Hearts is out of order.

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Guarantee the vermin will be all over this with the “poppy thieves getting theres” chat.

Aye well **** them.

About time they were put back in their box. 

£80k not great if true, but manageable and lesson learnt. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Earlier this year? Why just announce it now?

Why "publicise" it before now? Firms get hit all the time with cyber attacks. 

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

£80k is what I heard.

Human error. Honest mistake. Bill from a contractor paid by funds transfer. Except the bill was paid to fraudsters.

I read something about how common this was for householders too.  Fake invoices sent by emails and paid in good faith.  Some people have lost life-changing sums.

Thought Police

They've probably announced it now because it's relevant and they're saying it's hit a few clubs.

I think Hearts were happy to sweep it under the carpet until the Hamilton situation forced their hand.

Quite amateurish tbh

queensferryjambo
8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Possibly because Police proceedings are under way and the information will be going into the public domain anyway?

Probably no coincidence Hamilton have had to announce as well.

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Probably wanted to have the police investigation sorted first but with news coming out about hamilton they probably knee it could come out about us in the press so put out a statement acknowledging this.

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Steady on to mention Duff and Gray in the same breath as Hearts is out of order.

Yes, your probably right, but I think of their shenanigans straight away when I here of football dodgyness

5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Guarantee the vermin will be all over this with the “poppy thieves getting just deserts” chat.

It's possible quite a few clubs could have been affected if it's an organized scam on football clubs.

So rival fans should hold their fire until the full picture becomes clear.

Not ITK or anything just an observation.

Perth to Paisley

Wonder if it  had anything to do with multiple duplicate tickets that appeared coincidentally against Celtic and Rangers? 

There is no mention of fans bank/card details being compromised thankfully.

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Why "publicise" it before now? Firms get hit all the time with cyber attacks. 

Buy why wait months then release a two line statement? Just because Hamilton got done today? Strange communication strategy.

Ricardo Shillyshally
7 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Wonder if it  had anything to do with multiple duplicate tickets that appeared coincidentally against Celtic and Rangers? 

There is no mention of fans bank/card details being compromised thankfully.

It's not

10 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Well I snapped on the Marigolds and went and had a wee look, and guess what? You’re right....

Their bitterness knows no bounds.

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Buy why wait months then release a two line statement? Just because Hamilton got done today? Strange communication strategy.

All we know so far is it happened earlier this year, not when it came to light.

Maybe others affected too.

Coburg Hearts
2 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Yes, your probably right, but I think of their shenanigans straight away when I here of football dodgyness

Big difference being yours was an inside job, carried out by Hibbies, whereas this was probably carried out by Nigerian princes. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

What would you want? A full statement earlier in the year saying & Hi there we've been ****ed up the arse for 80 grand"?

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

It all seems very weird.

2 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Well I snapped on the Marigolds and went and had a wee look, and guess what? You’re right....

Their bitterness knows no bounds.

To be fair, we weren't exactly being sympathetic towards Hamilton on here. 

Cathro's wages?

Dangerous world these days and this shit happens all the time. Amazing how much damage a simple spoofed email can do if it lands in the right inbox.

1 minute ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

To be fair, we weren't exactly being sympathetic towards Hamilton on here. 

Some werent others were.

6 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

I think Hearts were happy to sweep it under the carpet until the Hamilton situation forced their hand.

Quite amateurish tbh

Thinking isn't your strong point then, desist immediately and get back to burning spoons.

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

**** off

What is amateurish about an ongoing fraud investigation?

Now now.

its not exactly great to keep something like this under wraps - we should be kept in the loop about this sort of thing rather than placing cash cows to try and bring in extra cash to cover the loss.

Coburg Hearts

Why some people are having a go at Hearts without knowing any of the facts is beyond me. Seems like some just like having a go at our club. It's not for me.

2 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

Now now.

its not exactly great to keep something like this under wraps - we should be kept in the loop about this sort of thing rather than placing cash cows to try and bring in extra cash to cover the loss.

4bUV7Ls.gif

gorgie rd eh11
3 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

Now now.

What’s been kept under wraps mike?

12 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

Quite amateurish tbh

:sniff:

5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Some werent others were.

Enough weren't to mean that we shouldn't be taking the moral high ground with Hibs fans: they are our rivals and Hamilton are nothing to us. 

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

What would you want? A full statement earlier in the year saying & Hi there we've been ****ed up the arse for 80 grand"?

Why are you being so aggressive? All I'm doing is asking questions. Calm yerself down.

Archived