Cathro replacement

kingantti1874

If Cathro is sacked only to be replaced by Daly then I would had it wouldn't go back to Tynie,that's just taking the utter piss and contempt for us as supporters.

Agree

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When he is sacked.. Who will we go for to replace him?

Alan Archibald a decent shout.

Keep IC. We are lucky to have him - that coaching pedigree, getting kept on at NUFC when Rafa was sacking all and sundry. 

He's been let down by our non existent/piss poor recruitment policy. 

ToadKiller Dog

Win on Saturday, we're through to the next round and this result will be forgotten about. Let's not go mental here eh.

It will just be papering over the same cracks that haven't been filled in from last season .

The same weakness is still evident .

It will just be papering over the same cracks that haven't been filled in from last season .

The same weakness is still evident .

Correct. Winning on Saturday does nothing other than paper over an immediate crack. Don't get me wrong Hearts and even moreso Cathro require that to happen but beating Dunfermline would not increase the likelihood of us getting much of anything from the first 4 away games. Put simply after tonights result virtually any team in Scotland could beat Hearts on their own patch on any given day and we all know the teams we are going to be facing are not Elgin and Peterhead. Nothing is changing with Cathro and those expecting us to have turned into some swashbuckling attacking team with pace, tempo, aggression and goals is in for a serious shock. The team is mediocre beyond belief, we have not brought in nearly enough quality, we have guys who shouldn't even be squad members starting and staggeringly we still don't have a 1st choice keeper. Its shambloic and yet nobody is taking any responsibility. I'd honestly take a further capitulation on Saturday if it guaranteed change as we are doing nothing anyway with this guy in charge and an inevitable loss at St Johnstone or the likes in a future round is a certainty.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Levein has to be held accountable for this nonsense. He is the one constant in all of this.

Nah, Cathro is the constant. Worst possible replacement from Neilson.

Unless of course you are one of the spangles who think he wasn't a great manager for us.

Geoff the Mince

Unless of course you are one of the spangles who think he wasn't a great manager for us.

If you think he was a "great" manager you are indeed a spangle .

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

If you think he was a "great" manager you are indeed a spangle .

What an apt username. Good day Sir! :biggrin:

A_A wehatethehibs

For me, it has to be either Craig Levein or Paul Hartley.

It cannot be someone who is in their first job, that much is 100% certain. The pressure cooker at Hearts could potentially be about to blow if Dunfermline beat us at tynecastle.

tolcross lad

Levein was a good manager not a great manager.That does not make him a good DOF.His methods and ideas are not right for Hearts.Levein is responsible for Cathro who may be a good coach but that does not make him a good manager/head coach as we are finding out.

Geoff the Mince

What an apt username. Good day Sir! :biggrin:

After reading Cathro's comments , a day of tantrums await !

We missed out on Alex Neil who went to Preston. If only we'd binned Cathro at the end of the season.

O'Neil could do the NI job and the Hearts job until his contract ends.

Maybe not.

Finlay James

I'll be surprised if Cathro is still here by the end of August.

I'm slightly ITK on this one and without knowing great detail, I'm aware that both he and Levein are under serious pressure from AB. Results like last nights will not have helped matters.

I'll be gutted if Levein leaves as he is doing a brilliant job with the academy but we need a decent 1st team coach so that he can e left to the more strategic stuff.

Peter Houston for me, I think he'd surprise a few and knows how to motivate a team.

Deans Jambo

If cathro goes then levein goes too.

Jack Ross new gaffer.

Another highly experienced pro in doing leveins job.

Jack f*ckin Ross! All because he had a decent few months stopping St Mirren get relegated?

How's he doing this season, his team were just beaten 5-0 by Partick and lost at home to Livingston!

I can't see Cathro making it here I'm afraid - I've given him time over and over again but losing to Peterhead is just not acceptable.

Especially given his record last season and the signings we've made.

Hartley got sacked from Dundee so no idea why people think he is the answer.

Houston?! Are you kidding!

Archibald doesn't excite me either. Good manager at Partick but not sure he would be able to manage a club the size of Hearts.

McCann could be a shout if he does well with Dundee. Well respected in the game, particularly with the press. High profile appointment which would be class. Little management experience though.

O'Neil would be an amazing appointment but can't see if with his NI duties.

Apart from that I'm struggling. Need someone who knows the Scottish game and is a big enough name to attract players from down south. Alex Neil would have been perfect.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Jambo 4 Ever

I can't see Cathro making it here I'm afraid - I've given him time over and over again but losing to Peterhead is just not acceptable.

Archibald doesn't excite me either. Good manager at Partick but not sure he would be able to manage a club the size of Hearts.

McCann could be a shout if he does well with Dundee. Well respected in the game, particularly with the press. High profile appointment which would be class. Little management experience though.

Apart from that I'm struggling. Need someone who knows the Scottish game and is a big enough name to attract players from down south. Alex Neil would have been perfect.

Pressley

We'll probably be in a relegation battle when Cathro goes so it will need to be someone with experiencd this time.

Greedy_Jambo

I'd put money on it being McPhee and I actually think he'd do a better job.

Pressley

He's probably an option. Strong personality. Still doesn't excite me though!

Actually agree with this. And I would take it at this stage.

Mars plastic

The sooner folk stop spouting pish they hear on Sky sports like 'project' and 'model' the better.

A_A wehatethehibs

McCann has 4 games experience as a manager and you'd take him over Hartley, Houston and Archibald :lol:

Plenty of good managers have been sacked in their career, prior to last season Hartley had 3 successive promotions with Alloa and Dundee. He has been in management for 5 years and seen the ups and downs. It didn't work out for him but he couldn't go out and get quality players to replace the ones he lost, Dundee just don't have the budget. He would have that facility at Hearts, and most of all, he is a hero at this football club absolutely legendary player for us. Absolutely hammered hibs every time he played them. Hammered them.

As for Houston, people want him because he would be a Jim Jeffries type. After a defeat like that the players would be on the sand dunes at gullane all day today. An enforcer, a motivator.

As for Alan Archibald, he has the Partick defence very very solid and they are looking like real top 6 challengers this season. The guy is on an upward track

There is a case for all 3 of them but there is absolutely no case for Neil fecking mcann :lol:

tartofmidlothian

What, no Paul Hartley?

Hasn't he just joined Celtic? He would have been good, though. Outstanding at Alloa and pretty good at Dundee until tailing off at the end.

tartofmidlothian

I've been thinking this for a while. Why not, eh? I'd give him three or four games as caretaker at least.

Win on Saturday, we're through to the next round and this result will be forgotten about. Let's not go mental here eh.

Not by me, it won't. It's an unforgettably disgraceful result. It could perhaps be forgiven, though, were it not for the shambolic seven months or so Cathro has been in charge.

This result was coming, and more like it will be on the way as long as he is the manager.

I've been thinking this for a while. Why not, eh? I'd give him three or four games as caretaker at least.

With all the janitors we have in the squad a caretaker would be quite an appropriate appointment.

Five to One

I think a bigger issue is the DOF role. It's not working and too easy for Levein to hide when things go south. Lets go back to the tried and tested formula of a Manager who is in charge of the team and signing players. Combine the wage and get someone decent. We need an experienced and proven individual with a passion for the club, not laptops. Michael O'Neil would be perfect if we can somehow secure his services. If not, Stephen Kenny has done well at Dundalk? 

A_A wehatethehibs

Hasn't he just joined Celtic? He would have been good, though. Outstanding at Alloa and pretty good at Dundee until tailing off at the end.

He's a 3rd team coach at Celtic, if the hearts job came calling he would be straight here.

The appointment of Paul Hartley as Hearts manager would send a lightning bolt of fear cracking right through the h0b4 faithful. Hartley absolutely ripped their pish to shreds when he wore maroon. They are desperate for us to keep Cathro.

McCann has 4 games experience as a manager and you'd take him over Hartley, Houston and Archibald [emoji38]

Plenty of good managers have been sacked in their career, prior to last season Hartley had 3 successive promotions with Alloa and Dundee. He has been in management for 5 years and seen the ups and downs. It didn't work out for him but he couldn't go out and get quality players to replace the ones he lost, Dundee just don't have the budget. He would have that facility at Hearts, and most of all, he is a hero at this football club absolutely legendary player for us. Absolutely hammered hibs every time he played them. Hammered them.

As for Houston, people want him because he would be a Jim Jeffries type. After a defeat like that the players would be on the sand dunes at gullane all day today. An enforcer, a motivator.

As for Alan Archibald, he has the Partick defence very very solid and they are looking like real top 6 challengers this season. The guy is on an upward track

There is a case for all 3 of them but there is absolutely no case for Neil fecking mcann [emoji38]

If you read my post I said IF he does well and that he doesn't have much management experience! Never said he should be number 1 choice did I!

Hartley was not well liked by the Dundee fans. Yes he lost players but so does every club, including Hearts. He was (and still is) a legend here and he hammered Hibs as a player. Doesn't mean he is the answer as a manager though.

Archibald is a good manager, I said that, but I'm not sure he could get Hearts above Aberdeen and Sevco. And Partick hardly play decent football, it would be Neilson all over again I think.

I cannot get my head around Houston being an option - he's found his level in the Championship.

I never said McCann was the answer, but I would rather have him then any of the above IF he starts really well with Dundee.

Mars plastic

Aye, let's give the job to a guy who's also been complicit for the shambles we've seen since December.

Mars plastic

He's a 3rd team coach at Celtic, if the hearts job came calling he would be straight here.

The appointment of Paul Hartley as Hearts manager would send a lightning bolt of fear cracking right through the h0b4 faithful. Hartley absolutely ripped their pish to shreds when he wore maroon. They are desperate for us to keep Cathro.

My mate, who's actually the Dundee mascot, and misses not a single game home or away was delighted to see him go. Not good enough for Dundee and certainly not good enough for Hearts.

I would open up for adverts.

I suspect Houston will come in and steady the ship. Lebrun and him worked together and satisfy Anne with a bit of experience. One of the coaches will work alongside him and be next man when Houston departs imo

When he is sacked.. Who will we go for to replace him?

Is the question who will we go for as opposed to who we would want as fans ?

2 different answers me thinks

Alan Archibald a decent shout.

Fourcandles

Well if you can't do it on a Tuesday night at Peterhead then when can you

What about Peter Reid.......

A_A wehatethehibs

My mate, who's actually the Dundee mascot, and misses not a single game home or away was delighted to see him go. Not good enough for Dundee and certainly not good enough for Hearts.

Why would you bother listening to a Dundee fan

Dundee fans are miserable arseholes who believe their club should be up there with Rangers and Celtic, Hearts aberdeen and and hibs when in reality they should be down there with livi and st mirren. Hartley had them punching well above their weight even surviving in the spfl 1 season.

Mars plastic

Why would you bother listening to a Dundee fan

Dundee fans are miserable arseholes who believe their club should be up there with Rangers and Celtic, Hearts aberdeen and and hibs when in reality they should be down there with livi and st mirren. Hartley had them punching well above their weight even surviving in the spfl 1 season.

Erm...because he's a mate and he sees Dundee week in, week out perhaps? Hartley also had them heading towards relegation before he was jettisoned, however, don't let that stop you on your crusade of talking utter shite.

A_A wehatethehibs

Erm...because he's a mate and he sees Dundee week in, week out perhaps? Hartley also had them heading towards relegation before he was jettisoned, however, don't let that stop you on your crusade of talking utter shite.

So because he happens to live in Dundee and goes to their games, you actually believe the utter delusional pish he spouts? Probably believes they are on for top 6 this season too, typical Dundee dafty. They are a shite football club with a corrugated iron stadium with a main stand which made our old one look like Wembley, as I said even surviving one season in the spfl was punching well above their weight, Dundee belong down with the part timers.

I'll predict Steven Pressley. I'd be delighted to get someone in with a passion for Hearts and who can motivate our players. Nothing will happen until mid September though in my view. 

Natural progression/regression.

Phoodle > Phidel > Phressley

Cut The Crap

I would open up for adverts.

I suspect Houston will come in and steady the ship. Lebrun and him worked together and satisfy Anne with a bit of experience. One of the coaches will work alongside him and be next man when Houston departs imo

Looking at the practicalities of our situation and structure, Houston could actually be a workable solution. realistic next steps:

1. Levein steps up and Cathro spends a while in the background learning his trade

2. Houston comes in above Cathro, who either takes a step back or leaves altogether

3. They all leave and we rip up the model entirely and start again

The Natural Order

Where's Gary Locke these days?.........Just asking likes.......

Archived