Cathro replacement

kingantti1874

Whilst it is only a stupid cup, it's a performance and result that has been only too common since January. 

You do realise, don't you, that if Robbie hadn't given us the head start he did last season, we'd have been trying to fight off relegation? It's really that bad.

It's not a "Stupid Cup" - that is an insult to the memory of Bauld, Conn, Mackay, and the likes who dominated the competition in the 50's - it is a part of Hearts history!

It is also a Cup we have not won since 1962, and was targeted by both Levein and Cathro this season!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucille's Thirsty

There is a lot of posters on this thread that since I've been on here I've not seen once.

We may have a shit manager but we'll never be a shit as you.

:fth:

Oh, I'm not trying to stick up for Cathro's record, and perhaps a replaement should be found. Just some of the names bandied about don't fit this vision. A vision that I would love to see coe to fruition. Maybe Levein needs to get more involved? Keep Cathro as head coach, but name Levein as Manager?

I agree definitely an exciting ambition if it works. Unfortunately Levein stepping in as manager breaks the model and unless we see a dramatic upturn in performance Cathro is damaged goods. This is why I think MacPhee will get his chance we can only hope he does a good Job

There is a lot of posters on this thread that since I've been on here I've not seen once.

:lol:

:isee:

The fans have got behind the Club by maintaining FoH contribution levels and buying ST in great numbers!

Last year under Cathro we were an absolute disgrace, however many of us were prepared to wipe the slate clean - then we get this shit thrown in our face - a defeat from a part time FOURTH division side in a Cup that the management told us was one of their priorities this season!!

How much is enough???

It's not really wiping the slate clean if you're still factoring in last years results

rudi must stay

George Burley would be a great shout.

Whoever it is has to be on form IMO, managers are like players the right time to take them is when they're on form. I think Peter Houston would do a terrific job here, he'd bring us back to be a solid team again. If Cathro goes, I'd go for him

Mars plastic

Whoever it is has to be on form IMO, managers are like players the right time to take them is when they're on form. I think Peter Houston would do a terrific job here, he'd bring us back to be a solid team again. If Cathro goes, I'd go for him

Housty likes to beat the wee team as well. He trolled Stubbles to within an inch of his life.

Lucille's Thirsty

No, neither you do :rolleyes:

I do just for reference.

Calling me a stupid dingbat?

And you just joined at the end of last year, who's to say you're not a Hibs *****?

I do just for reference.

Calling me a stupid dingbat?

Not at all :2thumbsup:

My post was pure sarcasm, just like yours!

Of course I knew what you meant.

Aye. That he can.

Inverness.

And he couldnt do worse at Hearts than Cathro is.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Natural progression/regression.

Phoodle > Phidel > Phressley

Correct.

Wanting Neilson sacked to replace him with Cathro. If that doesn't embarrass you enough suggest a complete failure in Stephen fecking Pressley to take over.

Jesus ****ing Christ. :lol:

PhoenixHearts

And he couldnt do worse at Hearts than Cathro is.

I read your original comment as if you were under the impression Robbo was still at Hearts and could step in interim basis if need be, and that you were unaware he'd went up north.

Anyway, he's there now and if Cathro got the sack, I reckon it's unlikely he'd come back.

I read your original comment as if you were under the impression Robbo was still at Hearts and could step in interim basis if need be, and that you were unaware he'd went up north.

Anyway, he's there now and if Cathro got the sack, I reckon it's unlikely he'd come back.

No, of course I know he's away to Inverness.

I also know there's no chance of him coming back any time soon. I was purely pointing out that the wee man could not do a worse job than Cathro.

Hypothetical I know, but just a wee remark :thumb:

For me it has to be Peter Houston.  It makes sense on pretty much every level.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

It's not really a mystery.

The plan is to produce coaches/managers that play in the Hearts "way". Something akin to the Ajax system of appointing managers, or perhaps the way the Dutch national team does it. I'm not sure it's a "nursery for everyone else", but if a manager feels they have gone as far as they can and want a new challenge, we won't stand in their way (see Robbie Neilson).

The style we have been used to, the traditional hire 'em, fire 'em, "British way", is short term in its outlook. The "new" way is, I think, an attempt to provide stability over years, decades even, and avoid the boom and bust that we are all too familiar with.

Sure, it's not looking rosey at the moment, but there is a bigger picture that if allowed to flourish could lead Hearts into a remarkable and successful era. At least, that's the thinking as I understand it.

Irrational plan-lacking any sense of logic. Ajax are a Dutch football team. There are massive,substantial cultural and sporting differences between Scottish and Dutch football which dictate what will work and what will not work.

This is the type of experiment which should only ever be attempted at newer experimental lower league sides like Spartans for example; who do indeed actually have an admirable inclusive pyramid structure team structure in place.

To conduct an experiment like this at a premier league team with so much to lose is reckless in the extreme.

This "vision" was undermined the day Cathro was appointed. Weren't we supposed to appoint from within?? Wasn't John Daly next in line??

No what the vision really means is the FOH can get away with appointing cheap as chips nobodies with no prior track record of managing at a high level all under the guise of this grand Vision of leveins which has already shown no continuity whatsoever in failing to appoint from within.

Enough of this BS, the fans demand an experienced manager next. If you can't afford it you can save money on the DOFs salary and tell him to GTF.

I think if Cathro doesn't work out we do need to bin the youthful inexperianced manager shite. Focus on developing youth players not managers. Too much of a learning curve for what the fans demand.

I'd take Jack Ross though.

Lucille's Thirsty

And you just joined at the end of last year, who's to say you're not a Hibs *****?

2,000 post in under a year?

I'm a vermin,you got me.

:thumbsup:

Lucille's Thirsty

For me it has to be Peter Houston. It makes sense on pretty much every level.

Agreed no more apprentices.

When he is sacked.. Who will we go for to replace him?

Alan Archibald a decent shout.

I'd be up for Tommy Wright. To be able to produce the goods with his budget speaks volumes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed no more apprentices.

Has Falkirk playing great stuff.  He clearly commands respect, is close to Levein, knows Hearts, knows our game, knows the league and I can almost gaurantee would be no pussy in that dressing room.

I'd be up for Tommy Wright. To be able to produce the goods with his budget speaks volumes.

We don't have the squad for Tommy Wright he's create a workman like unspectacular squad of players who are a bunch of dirty bassas. I can't think of one player in our team that would fit into that system. Archibald and Houston are far better options playing good football promoting youth and in Houston case winning major trophies. Not to mention his stint at international level.

Lucille's Thirsty

Has Falkirk playing great stuff. He clearly commands respect, is close to Levein, knows Hearts, knows our game, knows the league and I can almost gaurantee would be no pussy in that dressing room.

Isn't Houston a Hearts man? Not a deal breaker as you said he would command respect and if somebody was taking the piss,he'd let you know about it.

We are a tough job in Scotland we need a man in charge of us,Cathro is 7 years old than me that's ridiculous,hasn't managed a professional side and walks into a Hearts job.

I'm just not having it.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Can't Cathro and Macphee swap positions?

It could happen quite discreetly to save Cathro face. After a few months we can shunt him into an office where he can scribble out gameplans and give PowerPoint presentations to MacPhee, Daly and Levein.

Cathro - "See see see!"

MacPhee Daly Levein - "Sigh"

3211487.gif

Mars plastic

We don't have the squad for Tommy Wright he's create a workman like unspectacular squad of players who are a bunch of dirty bassas. I can't think of one player in our team that would fit into that system. Archibald and Houston are far better options playing good football promoting youth and in Houston case winning major trophies. Not to mention his stint at international level.

Disagree. Given he'll have had shitpence to spend over the years I think he's done extremely well to have them where they are. Like I said, give him a bigger budget and then see what he can do.

Would also take Houston mind.

Archibald at Thistle has earned his spurs and done a very impressive job.

Not saying he would be without a risk but I like the fact that he is on the up and had some good experience behind him - from the interviews I have seen with their players he also clearly has the respect of the players and can get the extra % out of them - which is what good managers do.

Just as a matter of interest have you read any comments from any of our current or ex players with anything but praise for Cathro? I ain't.

Gigolo-Aunt

Just as a matter of interest have you read any comments from any of our current or ex players with anything but praise for Cathro? I ain't.

Do you think Cathro is getting that extra % out of players or indeed is doing a good job?

Based on what exactly?

He sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

He's a huge reason many of our players play for us.

He was a big coup to get in the first place.

colinmaroon

The only thing more pathetic than last night's result is some of the suggestions for "replacements."

JKB is a totally infested with absolute hummers! 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

He sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

He's a huge reason many of our players play for us.

He was a big coup to get in the first place.

Correct also plenty reports from previous jobs of players respecting him.

Not some awkward shy boy that belongs away from view.

Disagree. Given he'll have had shitpence to spend over the years I think he's done extremely well to have them where they are. Like I said, give him a bigger budget and then see what he can do.

Would also take Houston mind.

Perhaps but if he came in now he's not going to get much to spend. I'd suggest the budgets nearly gone. For me Houston is the man. However it's unlikely to happen and MacPhee will get his chance...how that plays out will probably determine what the profile of the next 'head coach' is.

Chuck Berry

Irrational plan-lacking any sense of logic. Ajax are a Dutch football team. There are massive,substantial cultural and sporting differences between Scottish and Dutch football which dictate what will work and what will not work.

This is the type of experiment which should only ever be attempted at newer experimental lower league sides like Spartans for example; who do indeed actually have an admirable inclusive pyramid structure team structure in place.

To conduct an experiment like this at a premier league team with so much to lose is reckless in the extreme.

This "vision" was undermined the day Cathro was appointed. Weren't we supposed to appoint from within?? Wasn't John Daly next in line??

No what the vision really means is the FOH can get away with appointing cheap as chips nobodies with no prior track record of managing at a high level all under the guise of this grand Vision of leveins which has already shown no continuity whatsoever in failing to appoint from within.

Enough of this BS, the fans demand an experienced manager next. If you can't afford it you can save money on the DOFs salary and tell him to GTF.

Nailed.   This is Levein's utopia, but it simply will not work and his ego will not allow him to admit that he might just be wrong.

The style of play under both Neilson and Cathro was/is brutal most of the time, although at least Robbie managed to get the players to perform. I had hoped the style of play would change under Cathro playing more on the front foot and dynamic, but it's worse.

Oh, I'm not trying to stick up for Cathro's record, and perhaps a replaement should be found.  Just some of the names bandied about don't fit this vision.  A vision that I would love to see coe to fruition.  Maybe Levein needs to get more involved?  Keep Cathro as head coach, but name Levein as Manager?

This seems like the sensible option. However, I'd still like to see Cathro get until end of October. If we do end up having to sack Cathro, I do kind of feel it makes Levein's peg rather shoogly too. 

Alternatively I'd hope Paul Hartley is still out of work at start of November...

Nailed.   This is Levein's utopia, but it simply will not work and his ego will not allow him to admit that he might just be wrong.

The style of play under both Neilson and Cathro was/is brutal most of the time, although at least Robbie managed to get the players to perform. I had hoped the style of play would change under Cathro playing more on the front foot and dynamic, but it's worse.

Burley for me

Geoff Kilpatrick

The only thing more pathetic than last night's result is some of the suggestions for "replacements."

JKB is a totally infested with absolute hummers!

So you are claiming that Cathro is better than the suggestions? Are you serious?

Do you think Cathro is getting that extra % out of players or indeed is doing a good job?

Before last night I was happier with how the squad looked. However his record is shocking and, with the start we have I don't see that improving. Lose on Saturday and the end may be sooner rather than later. If he goes tho I expect his replacement will come from within, sadly

Houston for me. He's done a superb job at Falkirk, experienced, commands respect of his players and just seems to get it.

Listen to his post match comments last night versus Cathro's riddles.

Lucille's Thirsty

Any particular reason for the Mcphee love in?

I don't particularly think he's anything special i8,we wouldn't have got some players we have without him as Cathro is as charming as fart in the mouth.

Correct. Winning on Saturday does nothing other than paper over an immediate crack. Don't get me wrong Hearts and even moreso Cathro require that to happen but beating Dunfermline would not increase the likelihood of us getting much of anything from the first 4 away games. Put simply after tonights result virtually any team in Scotland could beat Hearts on their own patch on any given day and we all know the teams we are going to be facing are not Elgin and Peterhead. Nothing is changing with Cathro and those expecting us to have turned into some swashbuckling attacking team with pace, tempo, aggression and goals is in for a serious shock. The team is mediocre beyond belief, we have not brought in nearly enough quality, we have guys who shouldn't even be squad members starting and staggeringly we still don't have a 1st choice keeper. Its shambloic and yet nobody is taking any responsibility. I'd honestly take a further capitulation on Saturday if it guaranteed change as we are doing nothing anyway with this guy in charge and an inevitable loss at St Johnstone or the likes in a future round is a certainty.

I hate to say it but it would actually be not a bad thing in some respects if we get a hammering from Dunfermline as it would surely speed up Cathro's departure.

I think we have the nucleous of a decent squad albeit we still need to strengthen.

We just need someone who can get the players working with a system they understand and giving 100% effort in every game.

I think the guy that could do this for us is Alan Archibald. As I mentioned on another post he was Captain of Dundee Utd when Levein was their Manager so they will know each other but then that may not be a good thing.

gorgieheart

Some absolute slavers on here... seriously look at the names mentioned above....

Folk need to hold onto their Ys a bit

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

[/b]Some absolute slavers[/b] on here... seriously look at the names mentioned above....

Talks the poster who makes up fake transfer rumours. The definition of an absolute slaver.

Jam Tarts 1874

Some absolute slavers on here... seriously look at the names mentioned above....

Every single name mentioned is a better manager than Cathro - FACT!  The win % of each and every one of them is better than Cathro's.

gorgieheart

Talks the poster who makes up fake transfer rumours. The definition of an absolute slaver.

You mean... in the rumours feed.. ?..

Funny that eh.. ?

Not time for your bath n bottle yet wee yin ?

gorgieheart

Every single name mentioned is a better manager than Cathro - FACT! The win % of each and every one of them is better than Cathro's.

Perhaps... but could we not get a better standard in, if cathro is cut loose ?

Archived