Cathro replacement

kingantti1874

Cathro lacks the one thing that can push anybody beyond their capabilities....passion,he has no character,can't inspire the players or the fans,it's all too robotic and hes lost the fans because of this.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BobbyJenkins

What a load of shit this thread is. OP is seriously over egging the pudding, all the ****ing time.

Glad I'm Up north with very limited internet access.

Some of our supporters are a ****ing disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A five month reprieve for Cathro then ?

It's one game against Peterhead in a meaningless cup and then everyone is back on that wagon calling for his head just get a grip.

Gigolo-Aunt

Archibald at Thistle has earned his spurs and done a very impressive job.

Not saying he would be without a risk but I like the fact that he is on the up and had some good experience behind him - from the interviews I have seen with their players he also clearly has the respect of the players and can get the extra % out of them - which is what good managers do.

A_A wehatethehibs

It's one game against Peterhead in a meaningless cup and then everyone is back on that wagon calling for his head just get a grip.

It's not one game it's 3 and it's not meaningless there is silverware on the line, that's what football is played for.

Across the 3 games Vs part time teams we have managed a paltry 5-2 aggregate scoreline. Neither Elgin nor East Fife were especially convincing.

Dunfermline are 11-1 agg against the same 3 teams. They will really fancy their chances.

You're wrong on both counts. 

When you can only realistically win two honours I wouldn't call one of them "meaningless"  and it isn't about "one game". 

The team is not improving and shows no signs of doing so. 

I guess we'll just have to disagree. 

Anyone half proven. Sick of this mystery plan to develop young up and coming managers - nobody can explain how it's supposed to relate to decent performances on the grass.

Get a manager in who can get us wins. Develop our league position, develop how happy the fans are, develop our ability to play against Hibs again, develop something for US, and sod this ridiculous 'agenda' to be a nursery for everyone else.

You're wrong on both counts. 

When you can only realistically win two honours I wouldn't call one of them "meaningless"  and it isn't about "one game". 

The team is not improving and shows no signs of doing so. 

I guess we'll just have to disagree. 

Correct!  This "meaningless game" and its "only pre-season" rubbish from some apologists on here is pathetic.

Cathro stated before the game "Make no mistake the season has started" and he also said that the League Cup was a priority this season!!!

Suggest you "get a grip" of your head and pull it out of the sand!!

What about Jim McIntyre? The guy certainly knows how to beat hibs!

Top manager i'd employ him as he is quality.

A_A wehatethehibs

Top manager i'd employ him as he is quality.

Not sure if he'd be my first choice but certainly he deserves to be mentioned if we are mentioning Houston, Archibald, Wright, Hartley, Pressley. He has done well at County. There is a case to be made for each of these names, none of them are perfect and none of their records are perfect but that's the way it is at this level of football. All of them to a man would be a better fit for Hearts than Cathro. If it's none of these guys it'll be either levein, macphee or daly. Of those 3 I would want it to be levein.

Are YOU serious???

YES! - See my later post on the subject. He wont get sacked (anytine soon) and he wont walk.

I'm not suggesting he shouldn't be replaced if things don't improve, just saying its wishful thinking for it to happen this side of xmas.

Levein is far too stubborn to do anything quickly and Cathro wont walk as it would be a career ender for him.

A five month reprieve for Cathro then ?

the Scottish cup we've blown that the last 2 years to lower league opposition. Great

Anyone half proven. Sick of this mystery plan to develop young up and coming managers - nobody can explain how it's supposed to relate to decent performances on the grass.

Get a manager in who can get us wins. Develop our league position, develop how happy the fans are, develop our ability to play against Hibs again, develop something for US, and sod this ridiculous 'agenda' to be a nursery for everyone else.

Nailed it mate!

Since when did Hearts become a kindergarden for young Coaches????  The whole football structure is a vanity project for Levein and it is failing!

YES! - See my later post on the subject. He wont get sacked (anytine soon) and he wont walk.

I'm not suggesting he shouldn't be replaced if things don't improve, just saying its wishful thinking for it to happen this side of xmas.

Levein is far too stubborn to do anything quickly and Cathro wont walk as it would be a career ender for him.

Agreed

Here's an idea...why don't we get behind the manager/team instead of calling for their head after each and every poor performance.

Cathro is going nowhere, accept it!

Here's an idea...why don't we get behind the manager/team instead of calling for their head after each and every poor performance.

Thats me told haha.go back to your own website.

I P Knightley

Nailed it mate!

Since when did Hearts become a kindergarden for young Coaches????  The whole football structure is a vanity project for Levein and it is failing!

Since it was the business plan announced by Ann Budge and Craig Levein when they rolled into town.

It was a sound plan, built on living within our means. It worked well with Robbie as the first appointee suggesting it could work with another person in the hotseat. 

Levein simply has to put his hands up and admit that this stage of the experiment failed. The longer he leaves it, the harder it will be to rectify.

The fans have got behind the Club by maintaining FoH contribution levels and buying ST in great numbers!

Last year under Cathro we were an absolute disgrace, however many of us were prepared to wipe the slate clean - then we get this shit thrown in our face - a defeat from a part time FOURTH division side in a Cup that the management told us was one of their priorities this season!!

How much is enough???

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sniff!

Geoff Kilpatrick

There is no chance of Michael O'Neill becoming Hearts manager! Catch yourselves on! :laugh:

Since it was the business plan announced by Ann Budge and Craig Levein when they rolled into town.

It was a sound plan, built on living within our means. It worked well with Robbie as the first appointee suggesting it could work with another person in the hotseat. 

Levein simply has to put his hands up and admit that this stage of the experiment failed. The longer he leaves it, the harder it will be to rectify.

The plan has been a great success in the areas in the direct control of Ann Budge - living within our means, regaining our reputation as a Club, the new stand, etc.

However Levein sold her an absolute pup with his fantasy that our head coach would be recruited from some kind of 'Liverpool-esque' Boot Room - they had Paisley and Fagan to step up after Shankley FFS and were a one off! 

We need to get back to basics and appoint an experienced Manager with a proven track record.  Hearts and our fans deserve better - or is that my "sense of entitlement" getting the better of me again?

2nd post just after we lose to Peterhead?

Mmmm...

feedtheroman2

Tommy Wright I would be happy with.

What is George Burley doing these days? Perhaps he might want to work under a new leadership/vision. One that is going in the right places for a change.

*Moment of reflection*.

How good was his team back then. Bednar, Pospisil, Skacel, Brellier...

Gigolo-Aunt

2nd post just after we lose to Peterhead?

Mmmm...

Heaven forbid a Hearts fan joins the forum and decides to start posting using his login.

Heaven forbid a Hearts fan joins the forum and decides to start posting using his login.

You should have made that point to Geoff and Norris too then.

Or is it just me you like to pick up on and quote?

Fwiw, I think the timing of his post is a wee bitty suspicious.

Guest Paul Allen

Where's Gary Locke these days?.........Just asking likes.......

He was at the game last night, suited and booted, in his new role presumably. He might not be the best manager in the world but I'd take him over Cathro in a heartbeat.

I P Knightley

Get a grip that's football you win some you loose some such as life and it's a stupid cup that means nothing to me the Scottish cup is where it's at.

Whilst it is only a stupid cup, it's a performance and result that has been only too common since January. 

You do realise, don't you, that if Robbie hadn't given us the head start he did last season, we'd have been trying to fight off relegation? It's really that bad.

It's not really a mystery.

The plan is to produce coaches/managers that play in the Hearts "way".  Something akin to the Ajax system of appointing managers, or perhaps the way the Dutch national team does it.  I'm not sure it's a "nursery for everyone else", but if a manager feels they have gone as far as they can and want a new challenge, we won't stand in their way (see Robbie Neilson).

The style we have been used to, the traditional hire 'em, fire 'em, "British way", is short term in its outlook.  The "new" way is, I think, an attempt to provide stability over years, decades even, and avoid the boom and bust that we are all too familiar with.

Sure, it's not looking rosey at the moment, but there is a bigger picture that if allowed to flourish could lead Hearts into a remarkable and successful era.  At least, that's the thinking as I understand it.

Not often that happens. :)

No, but I totally do.

I think Tommy Wright would be perfect for the job.

Mars plastic

No, but I totally do.

I think Tommy Wright would be perfect for the job.

He's worked wonders with the Fermers on a shoe string budget. Be interesting to see what he could do at Tynie.

It's not really a mystery.

The plan is to produce coaches/managers that play in the Hearts "way". Something akin to the Ajax system of appointing managers, or perhaps the way the Dutch national team does it. I'm not sure it's a "nursery for everyone else", but if a manager feels they have gone as far as they can and want a new challenge, we won't stand in their way (see Robbie Neilson).

The style we have been used to, the traditional hire 'em, fire 'em, "British way", is short term in its outlook. The "new" way is, I think, an attempt to provide stability over years, decades even, and avoid the boom and bust that we are all too familiar with.

Sure, it's not looking rosey at the moment, but there is a bigger picture that if allowed to flourish could lead Hearts into a remarkable and successful era. At least, that's the thinking as I understand it.

That's exactly the plan. However there has to be a realistic target for the new coach. If it's not met then a replacement has to be found. Otherwise this is just blind faith that a 'system' will work. Neilson for all his critics was a fairly successful advert for the system, Cathro is failing badly. It's still my genuine belief MacPhee will take over soon and we'll continue with the system, whether you me or anyone else disagrees I see that as the outcome here.

Jack f*ckin Ross! All because he had a decent few months stopping St Mirren get relegated?

How's he doing this season, his team were just beaten 5-0 by Partick and lost at home to Livingston!

There's a very obvious reasons why JR won't be coming back to Hearts

He was at the game last night, suited and booted, in his new role presumably. He might not be the best manager in the world but I'd take him over Cathro in a heartbeat.

Absolutely ridiculous

I'll be surprised if Cathro is still here by the end of August.

I'm slightly ITK on this one and without knowing great detail, I'm aware that both he and Levein are under serious pressure from AB. Results like last nights will not have helped matters.

I'll be gutted if Levein leaves as he is doing a brilliant job with the academy but we need a decent 1st team coach so that he can e left to the more strategic stuff.

Peter Houston for me, I think he'd surprise a few and knows how to motivate a team.

Cathro and Levein should be under considerable pressure from AB.

I'd be surprised and very disappointed if that wasn't the case

Siphiwe Tshabalala

I've said this before, Macphee will be manager come Christmas.

And I can see him doing very well.

That's exactly the plan. However there has to be a realistic target for the new coach. If it's not met then a replacement has to be found. Otherwise this is just blind faith that a 'system' will work. Neilson for all his critics was a fairly successful advert for the system, Cathro is failing badly. It's still my genuine belief MacPhee will take over soon and we'll continue with the system, whether you me or anyone else disagrees I see that as the outcome here.

Oh, I'm not trying to stick up for Cathro's record, and perhaps a replaement should be found.  Just some of the names bandied about don't fit this vision.  A vision that I would love to see coe to fruition.  Maybe Levein needs to get more involved?  Keep Cathro as head coach, but name Levein as Manager?

He's worked wonders with the Fermers on a shoe string budget. Be interesting to see what he could do at Tynie.

The Fermers :lol:

It would indeed be very interesting. Something has to be done, and fast.

Archived