New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Regarding the "reported" overspend & Ann not being overly concerned........possible that she has a sponser/benefactor lined up & still to be announced?

I will defer any other comment until an "offical" announcement is on the Club's website.

Well Done & Thanks again to the various photographers who enhance this thread & also to Thomaso* for his informative updates.

PS * I also find some of his responses quite amusing when dealing with some of the nonsense aimed at him :2thumbsup:

maroonlegions

A ?2m overspend isn't something to rejoice about and it's perfectly reasonable for Hearts fans to raise valid concerns on a Hearts forum.

The question of how this is being funded certainly needs to be clarified. Personally, I would vote for FoH to fund this shortfall, but if FoH are to provide additional monies, it would have been courteous to have asked the FoH membership first.

Well if we cant take Ann Budge"s word then??????

Lets wait and see just how this will be funded before anyone starts to panic or offers doom and gloom scenarios.

Yes its a Hearts forum and those not panicking yet and trust Ann are perfectly entitled to say so too. 

maroonlegions

Regarding the "reported" overspend & Ann not being overly concerned........possible that she has a sponser/benefactor lined up & still to be announced?

I will defer any other comment until an "offical" announcement is on the Club's website.

Well Done & Thanks again to the various photographers who enhance this thread & also to Thomaso* for his informative updates.

PS * I also find some of his responses quite amusing when dealing with some of the nonsense aimed at him :2thumbsup:

Good post mate. :2thumbsup:

What, our resident self-styled amateur architect doesn't know what he's talking about after all?

Maybe now you've made an archie of yourself you, and all the other armchair experts, general curmudgeons and wibblewibble.net infiltrators, will give it a rest for a while. Stuff like the roof-top patio and other trappings are the icing on the cake, not the raison d'etre for the stand build. We will have a completed stadium which will be a cohesive design creating a superb amphitheatre atmosphere and we will have significantly improved facilities for the fans, the team, the club and for corporate offerings.

This project is extremely ambitious, subject to extreme restrictions (which would not magically disappear 2 years into the future) and was an opportunity that the club could not resist. And to do this build with such minimal disruption in readyness for next season, is a superb feat of project management and engineering.

Since Robinson and his awful stewardship, and through the roller-coaster years under Romanov, we were always on the precipice of disaster. Now we have bounced back in rude health, in no short thanks to the most loyal fans in Scotland, and every fan of the club should be proud of their contribution to their club and extremely proud of the new stand and completed stadium.

Discussion of the build and aspect thereof are interesting, but let's leave the aggressive sniping to jealous hibbies, where it belongs.

Onwards and upwards, imo.

FTH.

IMG_7995_zpsyofzxyg6.jpg

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Bang on the money Gizmo.

Get em telt

Edited by luckydug

maroonlegions

Bang on the money Gizmo.

Get em telt

Seconded. :2thumbsup:

Superb post. :2thumbsup:

Now have a couple of trolling  roasters on ignore now.  :laugh4:

Chris McLaughlin at the BBC is such a wee prick. Guaranteed he is going to try and focus on the negative in his piece. Tosser

Hungry hippo

Chris McLaughlin at the BBC is such a wee prick. Guaranteed he is going to try and focus on the negative in his piece. Tosser

I thought it was fine. Certainly was newsworthy and he gave Ann Budge the opportunity to explain the increase.

It looks like we are over budget because we think we can afford it.

We're adding more high quality facilities to the stand etc. I don't think we would be doing it if we didn't have a plan.

It looks like the decision has been made by Ann and advisors etc that if we're doing this we're going all the way with. Balls out.

A ?2m overspend isn't something to rejoice about and it's perfectly reasonable for Hearts fans to raise valid concerns on a Hearts forum.

The question of how this is being funded certainly needs to be clarified. Personally, I would vote for FoH to fund this shortfall, but if FoH are to provide additional monies, it would have been courteous to have asked the FoH membership first.

Do you think for one minute that the FoH will simply handover another ?2m without getting full approval from the membership????

Talk about amateur dramatics!

Mars plastic

We're adding more high quality facilities to the stand etc. I don't think we would be doing it if we didn't have a plan.

It looks like the decision has been made by Ann and advisors etc that if we're doing this we're going all the way with. Balls out.

:lol:

Aye, we were 3 mill short so let's go 2 mill over budget. Stop talking utter toalies.

?14m on a stand surely pishes all over what Hibs paid for any of theirs so we will have significantly the best football stadium in Edinburgh in every way, shape and form.

Aye, we were 3 mill short so let's go 2 mill over budget. Stop talking utter toalies.

There's no way we will be -?5m behind this project.

If you're going to build a new stand to last 100 years or so you may as well do it right.

?2m more for the main stand alone, or is some going to the other stands (in addition to the original budgeted amount) I wonder

2 million behind being a problem is merely down to time constraints. Make a deal to extend time limits and payment plans etc and really there's no actual problem. We make plenty money each year and the stand improvements will only make that better.

?14m on a stand surely pishes all over what Hibs paid for any of theirs so we will have significantly the best football stadium in Edinburgh in every way, shape and form.

Yeah add another million, make it ?15 million and make it an even better stadium!!

Bowmans_Boot

Why don't you ask Francis Albert? You 2 seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet? 

I think being ?3M over budget (they already had a built in ?1M contingency, just in case) is worth discussing. 

I was shot down previously when I posted that I didn't think they had planned this project particularly professionally, and that is still how I feel. If they have other finance arranged, then I think Ann should say so. If they are planning to use FOH donations again, then I would like to know that this is the case.  

Jambof3tornado

I'm glad we have Ann overseeing things. If anyone doesnt think she is constantly pushing for value for money they are way off the mark.

I wish she wouldnt wear heels near the sacred turf though!!

Mars plastic

2 million behind being a problem is merely down to time constraints. Make a deal to extend time limits and payment plans etc and really there's no actual problem. We make plenty money each year and the stand improvements will only make that better.

There are a multitude of reasons why a build can go over budget. To say it's 2 million 'behind' isn't correct. It's 2 million over budget.

Best in Scotland. Some may be bigger, but in terms of atmosphere, and now facilities, we're Scotlands best.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mars plastic

The escalator has arrived.

Boy will need to bed down for the night as the site won't be taking deliveries til 8 bells.

The escalator has arrived.

Thank Christ for that.....I am in Row 32....thought 2nd back row of (Old) Main Stand was bad enough.

Note to self.....leave 1/4 hour earlier this season to allow time for my hike to new viewing point!!!

David McCaig

Do you think for one minute that the FoH will simply handover another ?2m without getting full approval from the membership????

Talk about amateur dramatics!

How is asking for clarification being dramatic?

For the record I have complete trust in Queen Ann. I'm simply asking where this additional ?2m is coming from.

Best in Scotland. Some may be bigger, but in terms of atmosphere, and now facilities, we're Scotlands best.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would argue Celtic Park on a champions league night but for what we have it's miles better than anything outside Glasgow and that includes the rugby and Hampden. There's something special that we feel in our ground that when it's going it's unique that's for sure. Edited by JJ1984

Oneneilberry

Some amount of shit getting lost on this thread .I'm willing to trust AB's word in the interview,if she isn't concerned with the cost then no reason for us to be

Footballfirst

Just five weeks ago, Ann gave us this update:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5965

"As I have said repeatedly, every day brings its own challenges on a project of this size and complexity and, not entirely unexpectedly, we have been faced with a number of changes that have resulted in some budget overruns. However, these are at a level that are manageable and capable of being met from Club funds; and most importantly, will not result in us failing to achieve our very tight timescales".

I'd hope that Ann will provide a further update, via the website, by the end of the week, if nothing else, to assure fans that everything remains under control.  I'm not particularly in favour of finding out significant club news from a TV interview, rather than have the information released officially by the club, first.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Just watched the BBC interview (cheers for the link Kila). Actually quite comfy about the overspend from what she says. Appears it's largely been conscious decisions throughout the project to upgrade and improve on options as development progresses rather than significant mistakes in the project management.

Quite reassuring to know that we are in a position financially that we can make these decisions. So far removed from where we were 24 months ago. I don't think I'm alone in saying that this is exactly the sort of thing I'm happy to continue contributing towards by way of my season ticket and FoH contributions for as long it takes.

I'm really looking forward to ragdolling the vermin at our exquisite new gaff in the coming months.

It is surely better to upgrade a few things now than have to do that down the line at even higher costs. Bigger kiosks will surely bring in higher revenue and the better the facilities the easier it will be to bring in new fans and more importantly keep them coming back.

Governor Tarkin

Imagine a ?3m over-run including contingency, and the Roseburn seats still aren't fixed......

:seething:

How is asking for clarification being dramatic?

For the record I have complete trust in Queen Ann. I'm simply asking where this additional ?2m is coming from.

That's not what you said in your post - you were having a hissy fit that FoH were going to stump up more cash without seeking the permission of the membership.

davemclaren

I think it's right to have concerns around Where the additional funding is coming from, unless we've found some additional benefactors, as it will have to be funded by FoH or come out of future revenues. However, given the timescales there is no time for consultation so the board are right to make executive decisions.

It's only a matter of time before we start questioning the quality of the steel

"AM RITIN LETURS"

I sometimes think I've clicked on the wrong forum.

Edited by Armageddon

Francis Albert

Francis you know why I know you aren't what you portray? I will let you into a secret.

"delay fan ownership by another two years" Has only ever been said on here once before and I will give you a clue who said it.  http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/161105-the-foh-vote-the-case-against/

However "delay fan ownership by another 2 years" is a bit of a favourite over on another Green footballing forum. In fact its kind of there catch phrase :)

I don't know what secret you are letting me into and I don't share your apparent familiarity with what they say on hibs.net. If it is common over there to say that FoH funding of the new stand delayed fan ownership by 2 years it is one thing they get absolutely right. My piece of "devil's advocacy" on the FoH vote was prompted by some pretty outrageous FoH spin (to be blunter dishonesty) about the impact on the timing of fan ownership of the amendment to the Bidco/FoH agreement. Of course I voted "For" anyway, as I would again. But I'd hope if we go that route again for a bit more honesty from FoH about what it meant. Edited by Francis Albert

Imagine a ?3m over-run including contingency, and the Roseburn seats still aren't fixed......

?3M over-run - we're now believing Hobos who quote the biggest number they know. ?1.1M was what I was told ages ago but is covered by the contingency built into the project, that's obviously increased.

I hear we're replacing the Roseburn seats ... just waiting for the ones with dildos attached to arrive :)

Edited by Armageddon

remember these changes that have put the cost up were optional, in that case i doubt Ann would have made them if Hearts weren't able to afford them.

Soon as I watched the clip about the ?2 mill overspend my first thought was Kickback will be all over it like a rash .
They never ever disappoint . It's an overspend because we are upgrading certain things and not cutting corners . Just be happy ffs

As a FoH contributor, I would have no issue with the extra ?2m delaying fan ownership and almost every Jambo I know feels the same.

The only people that seem annoyed at this are some

Hibs fans who seem to think that Ann is just spinning us all along and we just keep handing over money.

We will need to find the ?2m so what's the alternative?

Hibs finished their stadium in 2010 and will still be paying for their stands in 2026 all the while the ?500k they pay each year comes out of their working budget.

It looks like the stand will be finished in 2017 and paid off within a couple of years which I think is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've grown tired of the constant hair-splitting and reactionary contrariness in evidence. This used to be a mostly reasonable and uplifting thread, but it seems to have been infiltrated by a number of attention seekers and grumps. Maybe that's what happens in long threads, I don't know. Folk should stop the childish bickering ? it's boring.

a crane

It's for a crane or it is a crane?? Not very clear there!

Ok let's try again.

Does anyone know what the crane is for?

Footballfirst

We saw from the FoH Governance Proposals that the club is seeking that FOH funds be directed for general working capital use, rather than specific projects.  I also heard a few weeks ago, and repeated again last night, that the club is is discussions with HYDC which may see it stop functioning as an autonomous entity, and also see its fundraising capability directed into the club's general pot. 

I'm just a bit concerned that, on one view, Ann could be seeking to direct all the fundraising capability into specific projects, such as the stand, as her legacy, to the detriment of short term funding in other areas of the club, like youth development, until such times as the stand facilities are fully functional, earning money, and any loans are repaid.

While there may be merit in the club being able to raise greater funds that HYDC can do so at the moment, I think that the targeted funding that HYDC provides is very useful to the academy operations and player development generally.

The other area of concern would be ongoing constraints on the playing budget, should the club end up with a considerable debt in order to complete the stand.

It's for a crane or it is a crane?? Not very clear there!

Ok let's try again.

Does anyone know what the crane is for?

I believe it's a piling machine (based on a previous post). Guessing it will be needed round by the pitch to help lay the foundations of the bottom bit of the stand.

Although I'm probably talking shite :lol: