JohnB

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holt could suffer from a change in how Rangers play

the high energy attacking will have to give way at least somewhat

Expect Barry McKay to still be part of team and Tavernier to keep place as attacking wing / full back.

But Holt may lose out to more defensive minded midfielders. Have already signed Josh Windass and Matt Crooks from Accringtonn. Both could be in front of Holt.

But maybe Jason can kick on.

gorgie rd eh11

Any PHM credentials become invalid when you play for that mob.

No they don't.

Good luck Jason, get intae them.

It's the championship he's been playing in remember. We had a couple of players who looked really good down there and they aren't even at the club anymore. I wanted Holt to be the player our team was built round after all we'd heard about him in the youths.....I waited and waited to see this midfield maestro but it never happened. I still barely notice him if I watch Rangers.

The fact Rangers fans are rating him so highly merely illustrates, to me anyway, how low their standards have sank in the last few years watching absolute guff turn out for them. We didn't bin him either we offered him terms but he rejected them. It always seemed to me he couldn't wait to get out the door too. I won't make any guesses why that might have been but for a supposed Hearts man it surprised me. I don't wish him any harm I hope he does well except when he plays us but imo if Rangers ever have any serious ambitions of dominating Celtic again then Jason Holt will find himself out the side.

It's all about opinions I guess.

You watch Rangers matches on a regular basis throughout the season then do you?  Think a more accurate guide to how Holt has been performing will come from Rangers fans who do attend games.

Holt could suffer from a change in how Rangers play

the high energy attacking will have to give way at least somewhat

Expect Barry McKay to still be part of team and Tavernier to keep place as attacking wing / full back.

But Holt may lose out to more defensive minded midfielders. Have already signed Josh Windass and Matt Crooks from Accringtonn. Both could be in front of Holt.

But maybe Jason can kick on.

I see no reason why he cannot kick on.

Holt won't be starting for rangers come January. Good player to have when your on the front foot, like playing with a man down if it's going against you.

Unless you are Warburton - how do you know that?

What has Holt achieved since he left us exactly? Playing in the Scottish 2nd tier? Won a petrol cup and a very average championship where they lost to alloa's and the like? They haven't beaten Hibs this saturday either lets not get ahead of ourselves. He could be part of something shameful this weekend :muggy:

Indeed - if Hibs win the cup on Saturday then we can ALL hang our heads in shame!

jack D and coke

You watch Rangers matches on a regular basis throughout the season then do you? Think a more accurate guide to how Holt has been performing will come from Rangers fans who do attend games.

Indeed - if Hibs win the cup on Saturday then we can ALL hang our heads in shame!

I watch their bigger games and generally he goes unnoticed. He's about as safe a player as you could get. Can't wait to rid of the ball and for someone with such a nice touch etc he does nothing of note more often than not.

Like I say it's all about opinions and if Rangers fans think he's great playing against semi professional footballers then who am I to argue with them.

And we've all to hang our heads in shame if Hibs win? Aye I feel personally responsible that we blew that 2 goal lead :cornette:

My dad has a season ticket at Ibrox and tells me Holt has been fantastic this season. His ability to play a killer pass in the final third and the engine he has are both things he comments on regularly. The one thing that could hold him back is a lack of pace.

The fact we brought in Kenny Anderson and sent him out on loan is still a decision that leaves me scratching my head.

I watch their bigger games and generally he goes unnoticed. He's about as safe a player as you could get. Can't wait to rid of the ball and for someone with such a nice touch etc he does nothing of note more often than not.

Like I say it's all about opinions and if Rangers fans think he's great playing against semi professional footballers then who am I to argue with them.

And we've all to hang our heads in shame if Hibs win? Aye I feel personally responsible that we blew that 2 goal lead :cornette:

Don't be silly - you know exactly what I meant.

Bazzas right boot

The rangers love in is now getting sickening.

Want hibs papped, fair enough.

Bumming up ex players like Wilson, Wallace and Holt who all left to sign for them.

Boak

My dad has a season ticket at Ibrox and tells me Holt has been fantastic this season. His ability to play a killer pass in the final third and the engine he has are both things he comments on regularly. The one thing that could hold him back is a lack of pace.

The fact we brought in Kenny Anderson and sent him out on loan is still a decision that leaves me scratching my head.

What does yer dad know - others on here have a much more accurate opinion just by watching a couple of games on TV...... :curtain:

Bumming up ex players like Wilson, Wallace and Holt who all left to sign for them.

Boak

Never miss an opportunity eh

jack D and coke

What does yer dad know - others on here have a much more accurate opinion just by watching a couple of games on TV...... :curtain:

I've seen plenty of Holt over the last few seasons in case that was aimed at me[emoji1]

Listen it's only my opinion if you think he's superb then we can discuss it all again end of next season when he's had a full season not playing against jannys and posties.

I hope he has a good game Saturday that's for sure.

Much like Paterson, don't get the hype.

No "hype" just pointing out that Holt has outstanding football ability, and in my opinion should have been developed at Hearts.

Cast your mind back to his sweet strike with the outside of his foot against Rangers in our 2-0 win - that was right up there as one on the most vital goals we scored that season, and one that few other players at the Club had the ability to accomplish.

jack D and coke

No "hype" just pointing out that Holt has outstanding football ability, and in my opinion should have been developed at Hearts.

Cast your mind back to his sweet strike with the outside of his foot against Rangers in our 2-0 win - that was right up there as one on the most vital goals we scored that season, and one that few other players at the Club had the ability to accomplish.

That was a lovely strike, an absolute belter in fact. Holt has ability I won't deny that, a nice touch etc but the ball is like a hot tattie with him, can't wait to offload and for someone with his ability it's not good enough. He rarely ever takes control of a game in fact I don't think I've ever seen him do it. Lots of wee safe 5 yard square passes and little else. I heard John Murray compare him to Barry Ferguson before he broke into the Hearts team but the sideways passes aside there's he's nowhere near as good.

That was a lovely strike, an absolute belter in fact. Holt has ability I won't deny that, a nice touch etc but the ball is like a hot tattie with him, can't wait to offload and for someone with his ability it's not good enough. He rarely ever takes control of a game in fact I don't think I've ever seen him do it. Lots of wee safe 5 yard square passes and little else. I heard John Murray compare him to Barry Ferguson before he broke into the Hearts team but the sideways passes aside there's he's nowhere near as good.

"Holt has ability" - THAT is my point.  A young talent that Hearts failed to nurture and develop.

jack D and coke

"Holt has ability" - THAT is my point. A young talent that Hearts failed to nurture and develop.

I don't Rangers developing it much either tbh. Looks the same player to me.

We'll see I guess mate[emoji1360]

Bazzas right boot

Never miss an opportunity eh

Every week their are threads ripping our players.

OK to stroke each other over rangers players..

Bah.

"Holt has ability" - THAT is my point.  A young talent that Hearts failed to nurture and develop.

If only he had signed that contract extension.....Or we had offered him much more money than we were comfortable with...

Every week their are threads ripping our players.

OK to stroke each other over rangers players..

Bah.

Is there no end to your guff?

Bah

If only he had signed that contract extension.....Or we had offered him much more money than we were comfortable with...

Holt was not rated by Neilson/Levein and made him a token offer that was always going to be rejected.  Time will tell however IMO we have lost a talent that better management could have developed.

I don't Rangers developing it much either tbh. Looks the same player to me.

We'll see I guess mate[emoji1360]

Indeed we will.

Uncle Buck

He just wasn't as good as what we've got. I do have a feeling he'll score on Saturday though.

Like? 

Young players we are talking about here, and before you say Paterson, Walker and Sam, they are completely different players to Holt.

the big show

Like? 

Young players we are talking about here, and before you say Paterson, Walker and Sam, they are completely different players to Holt.

Some people on here find it hard to accept that it could be a big possibility that our management may have made a mistake they don't make mistakes in there eyes . Take care you don't get a couple of abusive posts .

We_are_the_Hearts

Some people on here find it hard to accept that it could be a big possibility that our management may have made a mistake they don't make mistakes in there eyes . Take care you don't get a couple of abusive posts .

They have not made any mistakes yet when it has come to releasing players. If they have made one then Holt is the likeliest candidate though. Be interesting next season to see if he can hold down a place in the Rangers team and if he can perform better than our midfield.

Son Of Anarchy

They have not made any mistakes yet when it has come to releasing players. If they have made one then Holt is the likeliest candidate though. Be interesting next season to see if he can hold down a place in the Rangers team and if he can perform better than our midfield.

Exactly. Certainly a wait and see scenario. Some people just like to find fault with RN & CL. I wanted us to keep him. We didn't. I didn't feel the need to slit my wrists.

Holt wasn't good enough for our first team but we wanted him to stay and develop. He, or his agent, wanted the money so he want to the dark side. Who cares what he does now? 

Independence

Holt wasn't good enough for our first team but we wanted him to stay and develop. He, or his agent, wanted the money so he want to the dark side. Who cares what he does now?

Great that he remains 'one of us'.good luck on Saturday, Jason.

What does yer dad know - others on here have a much more accurate opinion just by watching a couple of games on TV...... :curtain:

Including you by the sounds of it.

Including you by the sounds of it.

Check my posts before spouting off lad.  I was confirming what numerous Rangers fans (who regularly attend games) had said about Holt's (in their opinion) POTY performances.

Exactly. Certainly a wait and see scenario. Some people just like to find fault with RN & CL. I wanted us to keep him. We didn't. I didn't feel the need to slit my wrists.

Has anybody said they felt the need to slit there wrists then?

Par for the course mate.

But did we REALLY want him to stay and develop though?  It would seem we certainly made little effort to persuade him.

Son Of Anarchy

Has anybody said they felt the need to slit there wrists then?

Not yet but there's still time in between soggy nappies ;)

But did we REALLY want him to stay and develop though?  It would seem we certainly made little effort to persuade him.

Well he obviously didn't want to stay and develop. 

Bazzas right boot

You watch Rangers matches on a regular basis throughout the season then do you? Think a more accurate guide to how Holt has been performing will come from Rangers fans who do attend games.

I'm going on hunch here, but maybe rangers fans are exaggerating, especially the ones that attend games..

Maybe not, but it wouldn't be unlike them or any fans, Especially to ones of the team he came from.

There appears to be no end to my guff, just like your niavity in believing all things rangers!

Well he obviously didn't want to stay and develop. 

You are so wrong.

I'm going on hunch here, but maybe rangers fans are exaggerating, especially the ones that attend games..

Maybe not, but it wouldn't be unlike them or any fans, Especially to ones of the team he came from.

There appears to be no end to my guff, just like your niavity in believing all things rangers!

As usual your hunch is wrong.  Believe me, the guys I know that are Rangers ST holders would be the first to tell me if Holt was guff - they were not convinced when he signed for them - they are now.

As for your last comment - laughable.

Or the reverse of that is some people find it hard to accept that Holt isn't the player they want him to be.

All we know for sure is that he has talent but he doesn't always show it. He had more meh games in a Hearts top than good ones.

Next season we will find out who is right or wrong

Or the reverse of that is some people find it hard to accept that Holt isn't the player they want him to be.

All we know for sure is that he has talent but he doesn't always show it. He had more meh games in a Hearts top than good ones.

Next season we will find out who is right or wrong

This - think we could close the thread on this one.

Bazzas right boot

As usual your hunch is wrong. Believe me, the guys I know that are Rangers ST holders would be the first to tell me if Holt was guff - they were not convinced when he signed for them - they are now.

As for your last comment - laughable.

Ooh the banter.

I actually think Holt is a good player and it may bite us in the behind that we didn't do more to keep him.

Ooh the banter.

I actually think Holt is a good player and it may bite us in the behind that we didn't do more to keep him.

:2thumbsup:

jack D and coke

You are so wrong.

What do you mean by that? I know for a fact he wanted to sign for Forest when Locke was still manager. He wasn't for hanging about at Hearts, couldn't wait to get away from us as far as I could see.

You are so wrong.

Oh, I seem to have missed him signing a new contract last year!

Is he only on loan at Rangers? 

stirlingshirejambo

Player wouldn't sign contract offered

Club release him

Take a reduced development fee to allow him to sign for a skint club

Lad does ok in second tier

Djoum or Holt?

No contest Djoum every time

Boak

:shotgun:

Archived