Milen Gamakov - John Murray in Bulgaria now?

Kiwidoug

If we've got a spare ?500,000 to spend on transfer fee plus wages, I'd rather it was sent the way of Walker and Patterson to extend their deals by a further year.

I dont see the point of that tbh.

They will not be with us passed this season anyway and it would be highly unlikely they would sign extensions.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Old Tolbooth

I have a rabid Botev Plovdiv fan on Facebook, I'll ask him what this guy is like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like we made our offer and it was declined. Nothing to suggest we will continue our efforts. Certainly won't be spending 350k on 1 individual.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Until I see quotes from hearts I will take this with a very large pinch of salt.

This

If we've got a spare ?500,000 to spend on transfer fee plus wages, I'd rather it was sent the way of Walker and Patterson to extend their deals by a further year.

Om sure the club will be thinking about these players too. Ital doesn't have to be one or the other.

Sounds like we made our offer and it was declined. Nothing to suggest we will continue our efforts. Certainly won't be spending 350k on 1 individual.

If we have that much available surplus funds and the managers think he'll be a ?2m player in 18-24 months then why not?

We might get to see a special player for a year or two and the club might turn a profit. We won't be gambling with money that we don't have.

If we have that much available surplus funds and the managers think he'll be a ?2m player in 18-24 months then why not?

We might get to see a special player for a year or two and the club might turn a profit. We won't be gambling with money that we don't have.

This

And also just as that is the fee being banded about it doesn't mean that will be what the fee actually is it could still be quite a bit lower.

Guess The Crowd

I was reading in yesterday's Times newspaper, that Celtic had bid for......Milen Gamakov......

Then this......

Whether we've bid for Gamakov or not, I can only think that Neilson is bluffing here. When he talks about options its evident we don't have enough - I'd be surprised if we do not pursue something before the window closes, equally if Anderson is still with us.

We do not conduct our business in the media, we go about things in the background and only make a statement when we have our man. I wouldn't expect robbie to be saying anything else at this point. If we get someone in, great....if not, the club haven't got the fans hopes up and alerted other teams to our targets.

Gene Parmesan

My prediction is we'll see two leave and one come in before the window closes.

Neilson said all this last year before adding Eckersley and Pallardo.

He's simply not fanning any flames.

With the agent leaking this I doubt we're prepared to get into a bidding war with anyone. So pinch of salt ?

Same happened with Oshiniwa though, Wigan and Celtic were mentioned as direct competiton but the reality is/was there was probably only us that were actually 100% interested in him and he came here.

Agents have a job to do and linking him with several clubs is designed to put the pressure on the interested parties.   If we have had an offer knocked back this info from his agent is desingned to force our hand to up the offer.

JamboJohn1874

This might mean Walker is moving sooner rather than later and if so this is exactly the type of move we should be making, one attacking midfield player for another. It could also mean McGhee is moving.

What people need to realise is that Hearts are a selling club and have made a big play about how they can help players find a path down south. This can be a good thing for encouraging quality foreign players here, who would not come if we were going to make a fuss over keeping players here.

To me this sounds like a quality investment and a direct replacement for Anderson and El-Hass. This would also allow Anderson to go on loan to see if he actually has any ability or just moved on as most of us suspect.

It's agent talk with reference to events that happened weeks ago when we may well have been interested in the player along with a number of other players at that time.

Time has moved on and other signings have been made but the agent still sees his client at his existing club with just over 2 weeks to go until the transfer window closes and needs to get his name out there so starts leaking stories to the press in a hope of generating interest.

The club seem to need the money and can see the chance of a fee fading into the distance so no doubt are happy to see the player touted around.

He's doing his job and good luck to him but unless there is a move out I don't see this one happening.

Still plenty of time left in this transfer window,teams from this part of the World will be easier to deal with near the end of the window.

This boy looks like the type of player we would be interested in but if we don't get him im confident we have another 3 similar guys that

we would be looking at and in the event of McGhee being sold im sure we will spend every penny wisely.

TyphoonJambo

This might mean Walker is moving sooner rather than later and if so this is exactly the type of move we should be making, one attacking midfield player for another. It could also mean McGhee is moving.

What people need to realise is that Hearts are a selling club and have made a big play about how they can help players find a path down south. This can be a good thing for encouraging quality foreign players here, who would not come if we were going to make a fuss over keeping players here.

To me this sounds like a quality investment and a direct replacement for Anderson and El-Hass. This would also allow Anderson to go on loan to see if he actually has any ability or just moved on as most of us suspect.

All good points and, to maybe back up the interest story, my source, very reliable, says that CL is after another player but things have probably stalled and they may need to go back again in the next window, That says to me that we expect some of our current squad to move on, releasing funds, then get the guy we are after. He is allegedly keeping this one close to his chest. 

frank skinner

Can we get a refund on Anderson and put the extra money towards this chap.

Talking of Anderson.Who was it that felt in his water he was going to have a good season :cornette:

Not believing RN on this one. Dugs in the street can see we're a bit light in midfield if injuries kick in.

strong in the tackle but stays on his feet. calm with good ball control and a good pass. Looks promising! 350k sounds a lot though. 

Looks to go forward all the time instead of turning back or sideways.

Talking of Anderson.Who was it that felt in his water he was going to have a good season :cornette:

Anderson.

I don't think Anderson has been on the pitch yet barring preseason

I don't think Anderson has been on the pitch yet barring preseason

He was on the bench for the Arbroath cup game other than that I don't even think he has made the squad for any league games. Tells you what Robbie thinks of him. I wonder if he has been told he can look for another club.?

He was on the bench for the Arbroath cup game other than that I don't even think he has made the squad for any league games. Tells you what Robbie thinks of him. I wonder if he has been told he can look for another club.?

Id be surprised if he is here come the end of the month to be honest,weve no room for passangers in our squad.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Two things. Firstly we won't tell our rivals our signing strategy why would we. Secondly the club aren't going to say until deals are done but have been rumbled previously. Juanma for example was not meant to reach our domain. This is therefore a possibility but deals are often complicated and done publicly alerts others

Id be surprised if he is here come the end of the month to be honest,weve no room for passangers in our squad.

I agree with you but there are a lot of guys on here who don't.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

To me this sounds like a quality investment and a direct replacement for Anderson and El-Hass. This would also allow Anderson to go on loan to see if he actually has any ability or just moved on as most of us suspect.

We will sell players but on our terms

I don't believe guys as astute as Levein and Neilson can't see that the glaring hole in our squad is a high quality attacking central midfielder.

Even if the preference is to play with 2 sitting midifelders a properly talented attacking central midfielder could take this team to a different level.

Our football management will know this and whilst we don't desperately need such a player I am 100% certain that they will be working away in the background to get such a player, whether this window or next or for next season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Prince is the attacking midfielder Kenny is not what they hoped for and Jamie will move on at some point but hopefully not too soon. This would build a new insurance if we can afford it. But at last we are making money

I feel Anderson has been a bit unlucky. He came to Hearts when we were on the crest of a wave a wee bit and could not get in the side.

I also feel that his arrival game walker the competition he required to kick onto the next level which he has done so far.

Still plenty of time for Anderson to shine he just has to bide his time I reckon.

Agent chat or not, is it a coincidence that the two players we've most recently been linked to are tall, imposing midfield playmakers?

alicante jambo

A few folk mentioning about walker maybe leaving.I thought he was very happy with us?Cant it be that we want to sign someone to strengthen the squad and be able to rotate players giving them a rest and bringing in someone equally as good.

disgruntledfan

I am sure the young Bulgarian that was on trial with us last season is also coming this month when he turns 16. 

Remember the last hottest prospect in Bulgarian football we signed ? how did that work out? 

those quoting ?500,000 need to read articles properly its ?500,000 EUROS not pounds there is quite a bit of  difference.

A few folk mentioning about walker maybe leaving.I thought he was very happy with us?Cant it be that we want to sign someone to strengthen the squad and be able to rotate players giving them a rest and bringing in someone equally as good.

He probably is happy with us for now. Just started a family and maybe a tad early for him to be uprooting them all. I should think he'll be gone fairly soon for pretty good money. Next summer I would imagine.

Remember the last hottest prospect in Bulgarian football we signed ? how did that work out? 

those quoting ?500,000 need to read articles properly its ?500,000 EUROS not pounds there is quite a bit of  difference.

What does it matter how it worked out last time we signed a bulgarian? They are two completley different people and have no connection other than their nationality.  If you applied that logic everytime we scouted/approached a player we would never sign anyone or we'd have a team full of Czech 's

I am sure the young Bulgarian that was on trial with us last season is also coming this month when he turns 16.

Don't remember this, any more details?

What does it matter how it worked out last time we signed a bulgarian? They are two completley different people and have no connection other than their nationality.  If you applied that logic everytime we scouted/approached a player we would never sign anyone.

It doesn't matter how it worked out last time, you are correct they are different people, although if every player we signed with the tag "hottest prospect" turned out as good as promised we'd have won the Champions league by now. Point im making which seems to have whooshed over you is don't believe everything you read about someone, just because an agent or media article states it doesn't mean he's the next Messi. 

As if signing Kostadinov about ten years ago has any relevence to this possible signing.

:cornette:

Very good. Another naive believe everything you read.

:facepalm:

Kostadinov was a kid who'd never kicked a ball in a proper football match when we signed him. This guy is 21, has played plenty of games, has been called up to the Bulgaria national team and was the second best young player in the league last season.

Literally the only similarity is that they're both Bulgarian.

It doesn't matter how it worked out last time, you are correct they are different people, although if every player we signed with the tag "hottest prospect" turned out as good as promised we'd have won the Champions league by now. Point im making which seems to have whooshed over you is don't believe everything you read about someone, just because an agent or media article states it doesn't mean he's the next Messi. 

Nothing whooshed over my head.  You  asked   "Remember the last hottest prospect in Bulgarian football we signed ? how did that work out?"    I was merley pointing out that it's not relevant to us looking at another Bulgarian. 

Whether he is touted as being a wonderkid or not was being debated.  If we are genuinley looking at him then it's RN and CL who wil be making the decision on the quality of the player not sombody who was related to the the sining of Kostadinov 10 years ago.

Archived