1874 Fighting Fund

1874 Fighting Fund

Francis Albert

Whilst I applaud any monies being raised for the benefit of the club, I think paying Rudi's rent is a bit odd.

A bit bizarre. Seems to have been their biggest single expenditure.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kylelauren01

Firstly, you'd be "gambling" with Hearts fans donations. Secondly, I'm not sure what there would be there to accumulate. If Hearts get to the stage where we can sign players and he is unsigned, he would sign. Whether he was at home or here. IMO.

Firstly, they quite clearly state that the appearance of Rudi Skacel at various fundraisers has contributed to various sums being raised and donated to FOH. Secondly, Fighting Fund donations have come from more than just Hearts fans, i.e. St. Johnstone, Patrick, etc, as well as ex players like Hartley, so to say it's gambling with Hearts fans donations is just drama queenery. As I said, speculate to accumulate and all for the greater good.

Guest GhostHunter

Firstly, they quite clearly state that the appearance of Rudi Skacel at various fundraisers has contributed to various sums being raised and donated to FOH. Secondly, Fighting Fund donations have come from more than just Hearts fans, i.e. St. Johnstone, Patrick, etc, as well as ex players like Hartley, so to say it's gambling with Hearts fans donations is just drama queenery. As I said, speculate to accumulate and all for the greater good.

They would have raised the money at those fundraisers, irrespective of Rudi being there.

Hot since 86

They would have raised the money at those fundraisers, irrespective of Rudi being there.

You can't say with 1000% certainty the same amount of money would have been raised without him.

You think it's worth it, fine. I don't. I get them using monies to fix things at the club but when money raised for Hearts doesn't go to Hearts but goes to an individual, that doesn't sit well with me. What if they used the money to start "paying" the organiser of the fundraiser a wage?

I think you missed my point about Hearts fans money by mentioning that other clubs and players have put in.

Anyway, it's up to them where they put their money, that's why I won't give them any money.

You can't say with 1000% certainty the same amount of money would have been raised without him.

Just like you can't say the "extra" money raised exceeds Rudi's rent.

1874 Fighting Fund

There have been a few questions over the last few hours so it might be helpful to answer them all in one place.

Big Husref asked whether helping with accommodation costs was the right thing to do. The Trustees asked themselves a similar question - would this benefit the Club, which is what the Fighting Fund was set up to do. At the time the Trustees held just under ?15,000 and there were no outstanding requests for help from the Club at that time. The hope was that the Club would leave administration in time to sign Rudi for the remainder of the season. It is unfortunate that didn't happen, but Gary Locke's message (contained in our statement) explains why there have still been benefits for the Club.

In response to Francis Albert's question, this has been the biggest outlay this year to date. However, between June and August last year payments of over ?13,500 were made in respect of various maintenance and repair costs at the ground.

In relation to the debate about whether the extra money raised exceeds Rudi's rent, it may be difficult to prove that with certainty. However, the Trustees believe that the financial benefits of Rudi attending events will be significant. Details of future events will be published within the next few days.

There have been a few questions over the last few hours so it might be helpful to answer them all in one place.

Big Husref asked whether helping with accommodation costs was the right thing to do. The Trustees asked themselves a similar question - would this benefit the Club, which is what the Fighting Fund was set up to do. At the time the Trustees held just under ?15,000 and there were no outstanding requests for help from the Club at that time. The hope was that the Club would leave administration in time to sign Rudi for the remainder of the season. It is unfortunate that didn't happen, but Gary Locke's message (contained in our statement) explains why there have still been benefits for the Club.

In response to Francis Albert's question, this has been the biggest outlay this year to date. However, between June and August last year payments of over ?13,500 were made in respect of various maintenance and repair costs at the ground.

In relation to the debate about whether the extra money raised exceeds Rudi's rent, it may be difficult to prove that with certainty. However, the Trustees believe that the financial benefits of Rudi attending events will be significant. Details of future events will be published within the next few days.

1874FF,

Thanks for clarifying but it was unnecessary. Where you put your monies is entirely up to you and it is visible and transparent for those interested in donating.

However, putting somebody effectively on the funds payroll doesn't sit well with me, even when it's Rudi. I hope you raise a lot for Hearts and all the best etc...

To be fair to the Fighting Fund, A lot of posters on here have repeatedly stated they would pay ?5/ ?10 and more weekly for the club to re-sign Rudi. I'm sure someone could find the thread. Therefore, if an opportunity to get Rudi over, attend a few events as well as publicise FoH and ensure Hearts remain in the media with maximum exposure.They would have got stick if they'd refused. Rudi is also able to train at Riccarton daily AND with a bit of luck,may have been signed and playing NOW.

Francis Albert

Thanks for the reply. I suppose the other surprising thing, given our financial position, is that club had no use for ?15,000. Encouraging in a way given all the talk about the horrendous costs of maintaining the main stand and risk of loss of its safety certificate. I didn't think it would be difficult to find things to spend money on - as a small example the netting under the main stand roof which is presumably there to stop bits of the roof falling into the stand seems to be coming loose in places!

JoseQuitongosDreadlocks

Hey if they don't pay Rudi's rent I will, and he can have whatever he wants.

1874 Fighting Fund

1874FF,

Thanks for clarifying but it was unnecessary. Where you put your monies is entirely up to you and it is visible and transparent for those interested in donating.

However, putting somebody effectively on the funds payroll doesn't sit well with me, even when it's Rudi. I hope you raise a lot for Hearts and all the best etc...

OK BH, we understand where you are coming from, and thank you for your best wishes.

Nelly Terraces

Sorry, they ONLY paid for Rudi's rent, and not all his other stuff like food, haircuts and taxis etc?

Shocking. I demand an inquiry!!

1874 Fighting Fund

Thanks for the reply. I suppose the other surprising thing, given our financial position, is that club had no use for ?15,000. Encouraging in a way given all the talk about the horrendous costs of maintaining the main stand and risk of loss of its safety certificate. I didn't think it would be difficult to find things to spend money on - as a small example the netting under the main stand roof which is presumably there to stop bits of the roof falling into the stand seems to be coming loose in places!

Thanks FA. The focus last year was on carrying out work which was urgently required. There are still a lot of things which the money could be used for, particularly in the main stand. However, there are new owners waiting in the wings. We can therefore understand why the current management at the Club and BDO might prefer to hold off and let new owners decide on priorities. Like everyone else we are hoping for good news from Lithuania today.

To be fair to the Fighting Fund, A lot of posters on here have repeatedly stated they would pay ?5/ ?10 and more weekly for the club to re-sign Rudi. I'm sure someone could find the thread. Therefore, if an opportunity to get Rudi over, attend a few events as well as publicise FoH and ensure Hearts remain in the media with maximum exposure.They would have got stick if they'd refused. Rudi is also able to train at Riccarton daily AND with a bit of luck,may have been signed and playing NOW.

Show me THAT fund and I'll sign up to it today.

This fund is paying an ex-players rent with no guarantee of any signature. As I say, it's tantamount to putting somebody on the pay roll of 1874FF. 100% proceeds going to Hearts (apart from the rent going to an ex player). It just leads me to think that I'd rather put the money direct into the club.

Don't get me wrong, they've done a lot of good. I'm merely offering my views on part of their expenditure. I don't contribute to them and it is their prerogative where they send their money. They can use it to send Gary Mackay to the Pubic Triangle if they wanted.

I'm happy with how the fighting fund are spending their funds. I don't think you would have had many complaints had the expenditure on Rudi led to him signing again. Just think of what the youngsters have learnt just training with the guy! Our goal scoring has has certainly picked over the last few weeks.

Another Tenner donated to the 1874 fighting fund! Keep up the good work guys!

I'm happy with how the fighting fund are spending their funds. I don't think you would have had many complaints had the expenditure on Rudi led to him signing again. Just think of what the youngsters have learnt just training with the guy! Our goal scoring has has certainly picked over the last few weeks.

x2

1874 Fighting Fund

The Trustees of the 1874 Fighting Fund are grateful to Paul Mitchell for organising a Question of Sport evening to raise money for the Fund.

The event will be held in the Gorgie Suite at Tynecastle on Friday 9 May 2014, starting at 7.30 pm. The line up for the quiz is Hearts v The Rest of the World. Guests confirmed so far are Luke Shanley (Sky Sports), James Bee (former referee) and Steve Cowan (ex Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell). Details of additional guests will be released as soon as they are available.

Tickets are priced ?10 and are available from the Club shop. Paul has advised that the show should be suitable for secondary school age children if accompanied by an adult. Pies and bovril are available at half time.

Details of a fund raising dinner with Rudi Skacel as guest of honour will also be published on Kickback and our website very soon.

The Trustees of the 1874 Fighting Fund are grateful to Paul Mitchell for organising a Question of Sport evening to raise money for the Fund.

The event will be held in the Gorgie Suite at Tynecastle on Friday 9 May 2014, starting at 7.30 pm. The line up for the quiz is Hearts v The Rest of the World. Guests confirmed so far are Luke Shanley (Sky Sports), James Bee (former referee) and Steve Cowan (ex Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell). Details of additional guests will be released as soon as they are available.

Tickets are priced ?10 and are available from the Club shop. Paul has advised that the show should be suitable for secondary school age children if accompanied by an adult. Pies and bovril are available at half time.

Details of a fund raising dinner with Rudi Skacel as guest of honour will also be published on Kickback and our website very soon.

You may want to edit the font size..! :blink:

kylelauren01

If anyone doubted the 'Rudi effect' it was clearly demonstrated at the upsurge in interest when I announced he was coming to Rosyth tonight to play for the Hearts Legends. Unbelievable response knowing the great man is coming to the Kingdom to play.

1874 Fighting Fund

A Super Sunday Smoker is being held in the Gorgie Suite at Tynecastle on Sunday 1 June 2014, starting at 6.30 pm. The guest of honour is Rudi Skacel, with speakers including Donald Findlay QC. The event is open to all. However, it is an adults only event so we have been asked to point out that it may not be suitable for those who are easily offended by 'industrial' language!

A table of ten costs ?350, with a 3 course meal being provided. Proceeds from the event are being split equally between the 1874 Fighting Fund and Big Hearts.

The contact number for anyone wishing to purchase a table using a credit or debit card is 07970 001 251. Tables can also be purchased by direct payment to the 1874 Fighting Fund bank account or by sending a cheque to the Trustees made payable to "1874 Fighting Fund". Any supporter making a payment directly into the bank account is requested to include a reference with their payment and send a note of that reference to the Trustees at [email protected] or via private message to the 1874 Fighting Fund account on Jambos Kickback.

Details of the bank account and the mailing address for cheques are shown on this link -

http://www.1874fightingfund.com/donate.html

• 3 weeks later...
lost in leith

A Super Sunday Smoker is being held in the Gorgie Suite at Tynecastle on Sunday 1 June 2014, starting at 6.30 pm. The guest of honour is Rudi Skacel, with speakers including Donald Findlay QC. The event is open to all. However, it is an adults only event so we have been asked to point out that it may not be suitable for those who are easily offended by 'industrial' language!

A table of ten costs ?350, with a 3 course meal being provided. Proceeds from the event are being split equally between the 1874 Fighting Fund and Big Hearts.

The contact number for anyone wishing to purchase a table using a credit or debit card is 07970 001 251. Tables can also be purchased by direct payment to the 1874 Fighting Fund bank account or by sending a cheque to the Trustees made payable to "1874 Fighting Fund". Any supporter making a payment directly into the bank account is requested to include a reference with their payment and send a note of that reference to the Trustees at [email protected] or via private message to the 1874 Fighting Fund account on Jambos Kickback.

Details of the bank account and the mailing address for cheques are shown on this link -

http://www.1874fight...com/donate.html

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control we have to postpone the Smoker until later this year. We will advise supporters of the new date as soon as we can.

There are still a few tickets available for the Question of Sport event (see post 370 above). Tickets can be purchased from the Club shop before the game tomorrow. Final details of the panellists are expected to be confirmed on Monday.

1874 Fighting Fund

There are still a few tickets available for the Question of Sport event (see post 370 above). Tickets can be purchased from the Club shop before the game tomorrow. Final details of the panellists expected imminently - Allan Preston confirmed in addition to the list above.

Paul Mitchell has advised that we can expect "more than a few Hibs gags" :2thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
1874 Fighting Fund

Thanks to Paul Mitchell for organising a very entertaining event. Thanks also to the panel - Jose Quitongo, Ian Murray, Alan Preston, James Bee, Steve Cowan and Luke Shanley, and of course to everyone who came along. Another ?650 raised which will help the 1874 Fighting Fund to help the Club.

• 4 months later...
1874 Fighting Fund

The 1874 Fighting Fund have agreed the first phase of further support for the Club - see the link below for details.

None of this would be possible without the generosity of Hearts fans. Particular thanks go to everyone involved with the Hearts Family Fun Day, and to Gregor Louden (Gregorski on here) for donating over ?700, all of the profits from the collection of Hearts themed mugs which were marketed on JKB.

http://www.1874fightingfund.com/

jamboinglasgow

The 1874 Fighting Fund have agreed the first phase of further support for the Club - see the link below for details.

None of this would be possible without the generosity of Hearts fans. Particular thanks go to everyone involved with the Hearts Family Fun Day, and to Gregor Louden (Gregorski on here) for donating over ?700, all of the profits from the collection of Hearts themed mugs which were marketed on JKB.

good stuff, good to have this fund that can help out the club with improvements. Interesting to see that they want to put a hybrid of artificial and grass in the box, makes sense as that is usually the area that wears out most quickly in the season. Wonder if the longer term plan is to do the whole pitch, but they will do it in stages.

With the (welcomed) rise of FoH, I think the fantastic work that the Fighting Fund do has a tendency to be overlooked.

I'm sure those involved are not looking for personal recognition, as they do this for the love of the club, but I think they deserve a huge amount of praise for the vital work they carry out for our club.

With the (welcomed) rise of FoH, I think the fantastic work that the Fighting Fund do has a tendency to be overlooked.

I'm sure those involved are not looking for personal recognition, as they do this for the love of the club, but I think they deserve a huge amount of praise for the vital work they carry out for our club.

^^^^^

:clap:

Great effort - well done!

• 5 months later...
lost in leith

Following further discussions with the Club, priorities changed a little from those set out in the last update.  In particular the strategy for improving the pitch was changed, so funds were targeted elsewhere.  The Trustees were delighted to be able to support the Club with a payment of over ?14,000 - details of the work can be found by clicking on the link below.

As ever thanks are due to the Hearts supporters who made this possible - including those who supported the fund raising dinner held in the Gorgie Suite in October and those involved in the Big Matchday event held at Tynecastle in May.

The Trustees hope to announce further support for the Club in at least a couple of areas before the end of the season.

We would also like to thank  the management team at JKB - not just for the help they have given the Fighting Fund but for the key role JKB has played in raising the funds that helped to keep our Club alive.

Following further discussions with the Club, priorities changed a little from those set out in the last update.  In particular the strategy for improving the pitch was changed, so funds were targeted elsewhere.  The Trustees were delighted to be able to support the Club with a payment of over ?14,000 - details of the work can be found by clicking on the link below.

As ever thanks are due to the Hearts supporters who made this possible - including those who supported the fund raising dinner held in the Gorgie Suite in October and those involved in the Big Matchday event held at Tynecastle in May.

The Trustees hope to announce further support for the Club in at least a couple of areas before the end of the season.

We would also like to thank  the management team at JKB - not just for the help they have given the Fighting Fund but for the key role JKB has played in raising the funds that helped to keep our Club alive.

Very well done to all involved in the fundraising

Free tickets to Leith Academy!!   Now that's what I call Missionary work!

Archived