"Only god can judge me"

ScottW51

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tartofmidlothian

A strange thing for o' connor to do as i have never heard of him being the religious type! but i would hope he comes back earth soon as it will be interesting to see if he gets to court and puts his hand on the great book and then lies like friar tuck in a very atheistic type way!!! :angry:

Nothing to do with God, it's a Tupac quote. Garry O'Connor's clearly trying to be GANGSTA. Hopefully the judge (the one in court, who'll be judging him no matter what God says) sees it like that too.

ernie winchester

If God is really going to judge him

Then at his hearing in court, The Judge should hear the charges and then whip open his robe to reveal a t-shirt that reads

18 months for drugs and fraud ya bawbag!!!

:D:D

i'm sure that silly Jodie Marsh 'model' has it written on her somewhere too. Although she does have big tits, rather than simply being a big tit

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Maybe he wanted us to react which from this thread has happened - maybe we should just ignore it?

Yeh, he thought, 'I'll make myself look really ridiculous just to wind up all they Jambos'.

Or maybe he just thought, 'I'll show all these eejits on Channel 4 just how clever I am'.

I'll leave it to you to work out which one you think most likely.

Maybe he wanted us to react which from this thread has happened - maybe we should just ignore it?

he wrote it to get fans on KB wound up. Doesnt seem that likely.

Maybe a bit of both and trying to get noticed and people talking about him, and some on here have fallen for it.

not just on kb... but fans in general who have nothing else to moan about maybe...

You're giving the cretin a lot more credit than he deserves.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Maybe a bit of both and trying to get noticed and people talking about him, and some on here have fallen for it.

not just on kb... but fans in general who have nothing else to moan about maybe...

I'm sure he thought he was being clever, and that it might wind people up, but he's got it all so very wrong. I doubt any of us are actually wound up about it, we're all rather enjoying the way Hibs' top player is making himself look more and more stupid. I expect, too, that he's already been hauled into CC's office and given a bollocking, maybe even the directors have had a word, but doubtless he still thinks they're all stupid and he's been very clever.

I just wonder what Tom Farmer is thinking about it all too. He is a man who undoubtedly believes in God, and considers himself a man of high morals, and I bet he's fuming, not only about the stupid tee-shirt but also over the charges. He won't be at all happy that CC, and the Tache, brought back a thick junkie who was going to feature on tv over drug abuse then be up on fraud charges. I'm not in the least bit religious, but if I was, I'd be fuming with any employee of mine who 'blasthphemed' in such a public way.

Have it on good authority that its not the first time hes been in bother. Apparantly he got the boot from his paper round in port seaton for nicking mars bars! :whistling:

AllyjamboDerbyshire

our own Suso has this tattooed on his arm.

0,,10289~6292500,00.jpg

I think there is a big difference there. Suso, no doubt, like most Spaniards, is a devout Catholic and genuinely believes in God, and probably got that tattoo to please his mum anyway. O'Connor on the other hand, is a devout junkie and is only using God to try to make himself look clever.

Commander Harris

I think there is a big difference there. Suso, no doubt, like most Spaniards, is a devout Catholic and genuinely believes in God, and probably got that tattoo to please his mum anyway. O'Connor on the other hand, is a devout junkie and is only using God to try to make himself look clever.

indeed, I wasn't making any point; I just thought it was an interesting aside.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I wonder just how God will judge him. GUILTY :verymad: , and sentenced to Hel..no, sorry, meant Easter Road :woot:

I just wonder what Tom Farmer is thinking about it all too. He is a man who undoubtedly believes in God, and considers himself a man of high morals, and I bet he's fuming, not only about the stupid tee-shirt but also over the charges. He won't be at all happy that CC, and the Tache, brought back a thick junkie who was going to feature on tv over drug abuse then be up on fraud charges. I'm not in the least bit religious, but if I was, I'd be fuming with any employee of mine who 'blasthphemed' in such a public way.

That's actually a very good point if STF actually knows about it. The likelyhood is that he wont though as he's about as interested in Hibs as I am in learning to speak Mongolian.

Arnold Rothstein

That's actually a very good point if STF actually knows about it. The likelyhood is that he wont though as he's about as interested in Hibs as I am in learning to speak Mongolian.

Should just have left it there.

Is STF definately a Christian then? Any he surely must have SOME interest in Hibs to have got involved with them in the 1st place!?

Very influential in the RC church in Scotland apparently. Met El Papa when he was in Edinburgh last year so I'm told.

Should just have left it there.

I'm probably more interested in the Lochend Shite than he is, as I enjoy laughing at them.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Is STF definately a Christian then? Any he surely must have SOME interest in Hibs to have got involved with them in the 1st place!?

STF is a very devout Catholic, and a died in the wool Leither, which has more to do with him 'rescuing' Hibs in the first place than any allegiance to the club as he stated at the time of the takeover that he had never been interested in football, or Hibs, and was only interested in saving a Leith institution, or words to that effect. One of his first moves after taking Hibs over was to set up a commemorative service in St Mary's Cathedral to honour the preists who started Hibs. Whatever your take on his motivations the man is certainly a very devout christian and won't be happy with anyone who takes his Lord's name in vain, which O'Connor definitely did. It'll be very interesting to see his reaction should O'Connor be found guilty of fraud, whether or not he gets jailed. Added to his drugs related record, I'd expect such an upright, whiter than white, Scottish businessman, to ensure he is booted right out the club. This is something I'm sure the eejit (O'Connor) hasn't even considered as a possibility.

Somehow I dinnae think Farmer will give a **** about blasphemy after all the jakeball antics the hibs playing staff have got away with in the past.

JAMBOn_et_fromage

Did he get booked for taking his top off?

He was judged worthy of a booking by the referee, thus proving his contention to be incorrect :thumbsup:

STF is a very devout Catholic, and a died in the wool Leither, which has more to do with him 'rescuing' Hibs in the first place than any allegiance to the club as he stated at the time of the takeover that he had never been interested in football, or Hibs, and was only interested in saving a Leith institution, or words to that effect. One of his first moves after taking Hibs over was to set up a commemorative service in St Mary's Cathedral to honour the preists who started Hibs. Whatever your take on his motivations the man is certainly a very devout christian and won't be happy with anyone who takes his Lord's name in vain, which O'Connor definitely did. It'll be very interesting to see his reaction should O'Connor be found guilty of fraud, whether or not he gets jailed. Added to his drugs related record, I'd expect such an upright, whiter than white, Scottish businessman, to ensure he is booted right out the club. This is something I'm sure the eejit (O'Connor) hasn't even considered as a possibility.

That may be so* but he is first and foremost businessman. In any case , he owns the ground - he has no (offical) say or influence on the playing side of the club , that is my understanding anyway.

*He is a papal knight too.

I think its safe to say if STF had any interest in Hibs other than what he receives financially from owning the ground (Hibernian Holdings I think) then he would have stepped in a long time ago to sort out the shambles that is Hibernian Football Club - Edinburgh's 3rd Team.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

That may be so* but he is first and foremost businessman. In any case , he owns the ground - he has no (offical) say or influence on the playing side of the club , that is my understanding anyway.

*He is a papal knight too.

I think he still 'owns' the club but leaves it to Petrie to run it on his behalf and provides him with the budget so still maintains a big influence on what happens at Hibs. He might not be interested in the day to day running of the playing side but might take O'Connor's actions as an insult to his own values. He likes to be seen as a stalwart of the community and a respecter of law and order, family values etc, so his actions, should O'Connor be found guilty, will be very interesting. A direct comparison could be made between Vlad's handling of the CT affair and STF's handling of this.

I think its safe to say if STF had any interest in Hibs other than what he receives financially from owning the ground (Hibernian Holdings I think) then he would have stepped in a long time ago to sort out the shambles that is Hibernian Football Club - Edinburgh's 3rd Team.

Nail hit on head. :thumb:

I don't know about his religious values but STF treated my Dad real well. When he retired the old man got a job at the garage in Blackhall that STF owned. He started pumping petrol, and when the pumps closed got a job as sweeper up. He went in to the office one day and STF was dealing with some guy. This upstart tapped the old man and said get me a cup of tea, as was typical the old man responded politely and told him get your own f-----ing tea, I may be a sweeper up but I,m no your lackey, so go get your tea and take the brush with you cause I quit. He then walked out. The next day Tommy was at my parents house , apologised for the man;s behaviour and offered the old man his job bac k, but he was ready to quit anyway. He always had a good word for Tommy after that.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I don't know about his religious values but STF treated my Dad real well. When he retired the old man got a job at the garage in Blackhall that STF owned. He started pumping petrol, and when the pumps closed got a job as sweeper up. He went in to the office one day and STF was dealing with some guy. This upstart tapped the old man and said get me a cup of tea, as was typical the old man responded politely and told him get your own f-----ing tea, I may be a sweeper up but I,m no your lackey, so go get your tea and take the brush with you cause I quit. He then walked out. The next day Tommy was at my parents house , apologised for the man;s behaviour and offered the old man his job bac k, but he was ready to quit anyway. He always had a good word for Tommy after that.

In other words, he has values that transcend business and, I doubt, suffers fools gladly. This will be something a fool like O'Connor won't understand and will expect, because he's Hibs' best player, that he'll be teflon man whatever happens to him in court. He just might be in for a shock.

Gregory House M.D.

pope-on-phone.jpg

"?Yes father. Garry O'Connor father? OK father... GARRY, Thats God on the phone? He says you're a fat junkie fraudster and nothing but a boil on the arse of society.... Told him father."

Goes with the territory, as the Good Lord Himself tells us! (Matt 10:22)

But, we know why -

Psalms 14:1

Psalm 14

1The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

:lol:

Psalm 14

1The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

:lol:

Yea, so reasonable eh?

Every person who has logically considered the matter & concluded that there isn't a god is a fool, corrupt, abominable & doesn't do any good.

Aye, a'right then.

:Vlad-Stupid:

Yea, so reasonable eh?

Every person who has logically considered the matter & concluded that there isn't a god is a fool, corrupt, abominable & doesn't do any good.

Aye, a'right then.

How right you are.

However these kind of bronze aged quotes should be quoted more often, for it leads people, as you have just done, to analyse them.

Only good can come of it for it accelerates the demise of such appalling philosophy.

our own Suso has this tattooed on his arm.

0,,10289~6292500,00.jpg

Was told Robinson is a Born Again Christian and once refused to play on a Sunday for reserves or u-19's. Don't know if it is true.

I reckon he just copied what was tattooed onto his boyfriends back.

religious-tattoo-118088876413293.jpg

Although, personally I think it's quite sad to write about someone who doesn't exist on your top. He may as well have written "Only the Loch Ness Monster can judge me" IMO.

:rolleyes:

Was told Robinson is a Born Again Christian and once refused to play on a Sunday for reserves or u-19's. Don't know if it is true.

Born again christians don't give a monkeys about the sabbath.

Born again christians don't give a monkeys about the sabbath.

Whereas born again Weegies don't give a monkeys about a bath.

Nothing to do with God, it's a Tupac quote. Garry O'Connor's clearly trying to be GANGSTA. Hopefully the judge (the one in court, who'll be judging him no matter what God says) sees it like that too.

It didn't really work out for Tupac either did it.

...a bit disco

It didn't really work out for Tupac either did it.

Maybe O'Connor will get caught up in a drive-by too?

Either that or one McDonalds Drive-Thru too many will clog his arteries and cause a heart attack?

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Not read the thread, but get O'Connor signed in January.

I'm serious, he'd play half a season and still be our top goalscorer.

the furore surrounding his "habit" might be the best thing ever to happen for Hibs as it might put off other teams going for him ie Lennon was interested in him before he got arrested and he was training with Celtic.

GOC and his goals might be the one thing to save them from the drop. He's scored 4 of their pitiful 5 (SPL) goals so far. If he gets injured or leaves theyre fecked

the furore surrounding his "habit" might be the best thing ever to happen for Hibs as it might put off other teams going for him ie Lennon was interested in him before he got arrested and he was training with Celtic.

GOC and his goals might be the one thing to save them from the drop. He's scored 4 of their pitiful 5 (SPL) goals so far. If he gets injured or leaves theyre fecked

Totally agree, he'll keep them up if he keeps going.

We could do them a swap for Sutton.

err no thanks

cokehead vs potential university graduate

Sutton doing a degree is not going to help the team score goals. O'Connor would.

Archived