GTFster

Harry Palmer

Randle P McMurphy

Shame his positional play and experience led to Kello getting injured.... still he's amazing eh?

He was also the reason we snatched a draw at Mordor....

where did i suggest he was amazing? he gets away with it a lot of the time because he knows how to block off, when to step back a few feet, tackles well and has awareness of situations developing. he can be exposed though if he loses concentration or if exposed to pace.

never going to be a player i like very much but he is probably as good as we are likely to have for the foreseeable future

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where did i suggest he was amazing? he gets away with it a lot of the time because he knows how to block off, when to step back a few feet, tackles well and has awareness of situations developing. he can be exposed though if he loses concentration or if exposed to pace.

never going to be a player i like very much but he is probably as good as we are likely to have for the foreseeable future

Apologies...

Some think he his.

Free for all if he scores the winner tomorrow.. :thumbsup:

I'll continue to hate him and will be tedious and boring on every thread... :thumbsup:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Apologies...

Some think he his.

I'll continue to hate him and will be tedious and boring on every thread... :thumbsup:

:greggy:

Randle P McMurphy

Apologies...

Some think he his.

at least you have a legitimate reason to hate him, not like on the driver thread where he is hated for having another injury setback.

Webster will always looked disinterested until he becomes interested.

We have two reasonable centre half's that don't really like playing together.

I suspect Webster earns more money, yet Zali is the captain calling the shots and organising the defence. Aye right !!

Both big ego's who have been guilty of trying to hold the club to ransom one way or another.

I'm not really fussed which one of them sits it out but I'm convinced they do not compliment each other or even like each other, which at this level is not great, sadly.

Nails and heads. I don't think Webster has much respect for Zal as a captain TBH and I think Zal is intimidated by Websters organisational skills. I can't see them hitting it off in a month of Sundays. We have not really had a Captain since (sorry to say) Elvis and Webster worked alongside the guy.

:smugger:

at least you have a legitimate reason to hate him, not like on the driver thread where he is hated for having another injury setback.

Aye, shafting Heart of Midlothian isn't reason enough, he also shafted Arbroath...

My criticism of GTFster is also deserved... his passing is shite/ he's also a 'bombcare' but we can't mention it as Captain Zal is the only 'bombscare.'

I'm going to leave you guys to it. Have a jolly good time.... :thumbsup:

I agree

Is it cause hes lifuanian

Aye, shafting Heart of Midlothian isn't reason enough, he also shafted Arbroath...

Bullshit.

He had the choice to sign a new deal or sit in the stand for large parts of the season.

:smugger:

I don't look at Webster that way. I think the guy had loads of potential in the game and the only person he really shafted was himself. He wanted away for his own reasons and his reasons didn't work out. He never sat picking up wages and offering nothing, this IMO is more detrimental to the team than what a fair amount of players and managers have done by sitting picking up their wages and giving nothing back. How much have we paid to other clubs in transfer fees recently?

Bullshit.

He had the choice to sign a new deal or sit in the stand for large parts of the season.

Great stuff...so why not wait a couple of months and reward both Heart of Midlothian and Arbroath...?

Could have been sold in the summer...'06.

Nails and heads. I don't think Webster has much respect for Zal as a captain TBH and I think Zal is intimidated by Websters organisational skills. I can't see them hitting it off in a month of Sundays. We have not really had a Captain since (sorry to say) Elvis and Webster worked alongside the guy.

That is a belter. laugh.gif

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Sell on clause...keep up. :ninja:

Yeah I get that, what I should have said is who gives a **** about Arbroath and why should I hate him because of this? :blink:

Great stuff...so why not wait a couple of months and reward both Heart of Midlothian and Arbroath...?

Ah.....

So you know that VR was going to sell him ?

Great stuff.

Yeah I get that, what I should have said is who gives a **** about Arbroath and why should I hate him because of this? :blink:

It is irrelevant..however shafting Heart of Midlothian is not.

Where's Andy Gray?

Ah.....

Great stuff.

Of course he was...

Better stuff.

It is irrelevant..however shafting Heart of Midlothian is not.

Where's Andy Gray?

Hearts still had to cough up to arbroath without getting full value for JB Judas.

Good stuff Andy/Partridge...

Let's all love GTFster...and not be tedious and point out that he's not that good. I could go for shite but hey variety is the spice of life. :thumbsup:

JAYEL makes a good point.

What about him being at the end of his tether and not wanting to wait. What if he was listening to the Riccarton three bemoaning what was happening at the club and he wanted out. Maybe he wanted to be offered a deal but Hearts never offered him the deal?

I don't imagine Vlad to take him back if he wasn't feeling guilty of the whole escapade.

Good stuff Andy/Partridge...

Let's all love GTFster...and not be tedious and point out that he's not that good. I could go for shite but hey variety is the spice of life. :thumbsup:

I think bombscare is the word you are looking for.

:teehee:

Ah.....

Great stuff.

Only once he agreed to the ?17,000 + a week contract that he was offered.

I love it when folk bring out the 'he's played well against Rat FC...twice.'

Scott...agreed.

I'm just trying to balance things up as GTF threads go..etc.

Hope he smashes a header in today. :thumbsup:

Some folk on here would rather trust nade and Kingston with their wife rather than want away Webster. The next time I want any work done in my house or to my mortgage I will invoke this I am a Jambo clause and see if any of the Webster haters come round and offer free service or advice??:lol::lol:

Some folk on here would rather trust nade and Kingston with their wife rather than want away Webster. The next time I want any work done in my house or to my mortgage I will invoke this I am a Jambo clause and see if any of the Webster haters come round and offer free service or advice??:lol::lol:

Pardon?

:wtfvlad:

Pardon?

:wtfvlad:

I'm just saying I don't mind the guy.....but I am on my second bottle of Auchentoshan :unsure: but I doubt I will live to regret it. Fact of the matter is Andy Webster is playing at Hearts and it doesn't matter a jot what you or I think about it...it won't change a thing. You can love it or loathe it but he is there and he's getting a game and for the love of Hearts and putting my selfish needs aside...I'm going to back the guy. There has probably been a couple constant in my life. No matter what happens these things are there. I can't understand why folk get so worked up about what they have no control over. Although I do understand that having no control over it makes folk worked up. If it wasn't Webster would it be someone else mate :thumbsup:

I'm just saying I don't mind the guy.....but I am on my second bottle of Auchentoshan :unsure: but I doubt I will live to regret it. Fact of the matter is Andy Webster is playing at Hearts and it doesn't matter a jot what you or I think about it...it won't change a thing. You can love it or loathe it but he is there and he's getting a game and for the love of Hearts and putting my selfish needs aside...I'm going to back the guy. There has probably been a couple constant in my life. No matter what happens these things are there. I can't understand why folk get so worked up about what they have no control over. Although I do understand that having no control over it makes folk worked up. If it wasn't Webster would it be someone else mate :thumbsup:

Sense at last

:thumbsup:

I am just on my 1st bottle of vodka and should survive till the morning.

:)

I hate No 6.

I hate it when he plays for us, irrespective of how well he does.

That is all.

Mr Webster is devastated at this news.

:sob:

I think he's a prick and really don't have much time for the ***** but while he plays for Hearts I'll put that to one side.

Jam Tarts 1874

I find it hard to criticise a central defender, it must be an extremely difficult position to play in for Hearts. Our midfield (thanks to shite like Black and Obua) continue to allow the oppostion to stroll unfettered all the way into the heart of our defence. My feeling is that our defence has done OK considering.

How many goals have we lost in the last 5 games again?

portobellojambo1

Haters absolutely fizzing that Webster is playing more than they would like, crock chat put on the back burner.

This, there are some on here who just want him to play poorly or not at all so they can say something along the lines of "told you so". Truth is they are going to have a long wait, as he makes a huge positive difference to our defence when he plays. Even when he does play well, they will say he played poorly, as they are more interested in continuing their hatred than actually hoping the team do well. The comments about Inverness last week are the most perfect recent example. Of our back four last week the two poorest performers were actually the full backs, Hamill and Grainger, hence why ICT were having a fair amount of success on the flanks. I thought Webster did well (far from the "useless"/"shit" some saw (assuming they were actually at the game)), I also didn't notice all the mistakes Zaliukas was supposed to have made last weekend either. I assumed he had been removed for a tactical reason, even if it seemed like a strange substitution at the time, it then transpired that it appeared he was actually injured, hence his removal.

But, if continuing a hate campaign is what helps keep some motivated, then let them get on with it.

This, there are some on here who just want him to play poorly...Truth is they are going to have a long wait.

A long wait? Personally I'd like him to perform better.

On the positive side, he is playing no worse than his defensive partner or many of the team around him, excluding Grainger and Elliott imo.

I was at the Inverness match PJ1 and I thought he was shite but hey some will say he's great even when he's not etc.

Still, I can cling to his 'bombscare' that resulted in Kello getting injured. :rolleyes:

This, there are some on here who just want him to play poorly or not at all so they can say something along the lines of "told you so". Truth is they are going to have a long wait, as he makes a huge positive difference to our defence when he plays. Even when he does play well, they will say he played poorly, as they are more interested in continuing their hatred than actually hoping the team do well. The comments about Inverness last week are the most perfect recent example. Of our back four last week the two poorest performers were actually the full backs, Hamill and Grainger, hence why ICT were having a fair amount of success on the flanks. I thought Webster did well (far from the "useless"/"shit" some saw (assuming they were actually at the game)), I also didn't notice all the mistakes Zaliukas was supposed to have made last weekend either. I assumed he had been removed for a tactical reason, even if it seemed like a strange substitution at the time, it then transpired that it appeared he was actually injured, hence his removal.

But, if continuing a hate campaign is what helps keep some motivated, then let them get on with it.

Come off it PJ, he's been far from his best. Folk saying he's been shit are away with it, but he's certainly not been brilliant so far. Good in some games, not so good in others.

There's not one Hearts fan who wants him to be gash when he plays. I don't like him, but wanting him to be anything other than top class for us would be nonsense.

C'mon now, I class myself as a harsh Webster critic but by christ I want him to prove me wrong on the park and play in a defence that doesn't concede possession so easily and more importantly goals. That means he needs to play well.

The fact he's a Judas prick is neither here nor there when he's on the park playing for Hearts.

I kinda get where Arnold's coming from on this thread (although he's going about it the wrong way), Webster has had some not so great performances in defence yet there's little or no criticism of him when this happens, yet there's never a week goes by without a Zal GTF thread. Jus' saying.

I was at the Inverness match PJ1 and I thought he was shite but hey some will say he's great even when he's not etc.

Still, I can cling to his 'bombscare' that resulted in Kello getting injured. :rolleyes:

:awdoone:

Archived