GTFster

Harry Palmer

He's been shite so far...thought he was going to stroll through games....with ease and be the best defender in Scotland...aye?

Bombscare moment in the derby which has left Kello injured.

About time for a GTFster thread even if it is tedious and boring....what's that Captain Zal? Obua? He's shite at passing too...deary me that can't be right.... :thumbsup:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has not been shite, a couple of poor performances thrown in with some good.

Still....

Now he has played several games in a row, we need to move on to another angle for the Webster seething.....

He has strolled through some games, and failed to impress in others.

We have a better defence with him in it though. Of that there is no doubt IMO.

He has not been shite, a couple of poor performances thrown in with some good.

Still....

Now he has played several games in a row, we need to move on to another angle for the Webster seething.....

I just don`t know what some fans want and expect from Hearts mate? Some think players should never make mistakes, have an odd dodgy game and in general do nothing wrong.

For me Webster is solid enough and will do a good job if he stays fit for the season.....despite how unlikely that may be.

Once he gets his head in order and realises he's not good enough to be as casual as he is, he'll be top class for us again. I don't have to like him, but that's the way it is.

If Zaliukas doesn't shake himself for tomorrow (if he's picked after last week), might be that we see Jonsson in beside Webster before long as well...

I just don`t know what some fans want and expect from Hearts mate? Some think players should never make mistakes, have an odd dodgy game and in general do nothing wrong.

For me Webster is solid enough and will do a good job if he stays fit for the season.....despite how unlikely that may be.

Lord knows, fella.

Its went from "he does not play enough games" (which he has shown a sign that a corner might be turned, its early days granted) to questioning his form - which is not that bad. By all accounts he was poor last week, but one bad pass back aside in the derby, he had an extremely sound game.

Some cant let go I suppose on the way he left first time around.

Once he gets his head in order and realises he's not good enough to be as casual as he is, he'll be top class for us again. I don't have to like him, but that's the way it is.

If Zaliukas doesn't shake himself for tomorrow (if he's picked after last week), might be that we see Jonsson in beside Webster before long as well...

Those two together give me the shivers. Can any two players create a more "casual/strolling" partnership?

Some cant let go I suppose on the way he left first time around.

Why should anyone let that go?

Taking it to my grave.

I'm quite comfortable in hating him...

The new managerial team have obviously removed his heid from arse..which is why he's playing more.

I've yet to see anything that convinces my opinion to change...2 performances against Rat FC doesn't make him good.

Those two together give me the shivers. Can any two players create a more "casual/strolling" partnership?

True dat.

"Big Bad Bouzid" :vrface: got pelters, but the fact is that he was the perfect partner for either of they two. Never mucked about, hard in the tackle (even if he was completely reckless at times :lol: ) and didn't pretend to be a better footballer than he is. Aye he was far from the best, but we were more solid last season with him in the side than we are at the moment.

We need to either rein in one of Webster or Zaliukas, or mix it up to find a better balance. Wouldn't be surprised if Mr Segio was in the market for a centre back in the near future.

True dat.

"Big Bad Bouzid" :vrface: got pelters, but the fact is that he was the perfect partner for either of they two. Never mucked about, hard in the tackle (even if he was completely reckless at times :lol: ) and didn't pretend to be a better footballer than he is. Aye he was far from the best, but we were more solid last season with him in the side than we are at the moment.

We need to either rein in one of Webster or Zaliukas, or mix it up to find a better balance. Wouldn't be surprised if Mr Segio was in the market for a centre back in the near future.

Which is something I was for even when Sir Jim was manager as there is poor back up.

GTFster and Captain Zal are our best defenders. Both are shite though.

Webster's no shite FFS. :lol: He's casual at times, but let's have it right, he's a good player.

Zaliukas is not as good and is also too casual. Webster beside him just brings out the worst in him though and he tries to swan about like he's the better player of the two. That's why he's been pish since Webster arrived - been under-rated in the past, but right now the criticism is deserved.

I dislike Andrew Webster but I would like to distance myself from Arnold and his ramblings, k thanks.

Totally devestated scott.... :(

future is maroon

Wasn't a big fan of Webster due to the way he left but out of the defenders we have our defence would be weaker if we leave Webster out. It's fine if people think he should be left out but at the end of the day there is no one better than him to bring in and if anyone should drop out it should be Zal. Webster is very good spl player and I am sure will prove that this season.

I think what needs to be taken into account is we have two new full backs this season so it takes time to settle as a back 4. Grainger and Hamill have done well so not having a go at them at all as all I'm saying is as a unit things just don't click straight away albeit that's no excuse for some of Zal's wayward passing and the casual strolling about he does at times. How many games have we actually had the exact same back 4 for say 4/5 games in a row?

Webster's no shite FFS. :lol: He's casual at times, but let's have it right, he's a good player.

Zaliukas is not as good and is also too casual. Webster beside him just brings out the worst in him though and he tries to swan about like he's the better player of the two. That's why he's been pish since Webster arrived - been under-rated in the past, but right now the criticism is deserved.

My criticism of GTFster is also deserved... his passing is shite/ he's also a 'bombcare' but we can't mention it as Captain Zal is the only 'bombscare.'

I'm going to leave you guys to it. Have a jolly good time.... :thumbsup:

I've defended Zaliukas on here left right and centre, Arnold, but anyone not accepting that Webster is a better player than him is kidding themselves on.

J Cheever Loophole

Which is something I was for even when Sir Jim was manager as there is poor back up.

GTFster and Captain Zal are our best defenders. Both are shite though.

Together perhaps?

I like Zal but Webster shades it for me as he reads the game better

I don't think the gap between the two is as big as some on here would make out and for all the talk of Zal's shite passing Websters distribution is nothing special aside unless it's across the back 4. He's never going to drive the team forward

I've defended Zaliukas on here left right and centre, Arnold, but anyone not accepting that Webster is a better player than him is kidding themselves on.

I'm back....

Indeed....same as folk not accepting GTFster to be absolutely amazing....

Amicable Francis.. Partridge could learn from you.

I miss Bouzid, Webster and Bouzid would have been a fine partnership IMO. He'd have been able to cover for any lapses in concentration from "the stroller".

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm back....

Indeed....same as folk not accepting GTFster to be absolutely amazing....

Amicable Francis.. Partridge could learn from you.

Quite odd.

I miss Bouzid, Webster and Bouzid would have been a fine partnership IMO. He'd have been able to cover for any lapses in concentration from "the stroller".

I just wished Bouzid had a bit more pace and never steamed in like a Panzer in North Africa.

I just wished Bouzid had a bit more pace and never steamed in like a Panzer in North Africa.

Ach it was all part of his charm, how could you stay mad at a player who liked to play with his collar up and scored a winning goal against that lot thru west.

Besides Webster would have been able to cover for his rush of blood to the head runs into no-mans land.

Ach it was all part of his charm, how could you stay mad at a player who liked to play with his collar up and scored a winning goal against that lot thru west.

Besides Webster would have been able to cover for his rush of blood to the head runs into no-mans land.

I never minded him, Ross - he was a decent enough player who maybe on hindsight was the perfect foil for the other CH.

I did find him frustrating at times though as he gave away a shed load of daft fouls in dangerous positions.

I never minded him, Ross - he was a decent enough player who maybe on hindsight was the perfect foil for the other CH.

I did find him frustrating at times though as he gave away a shed load of daft fouls in dangerous positions.

Yea he certainly had his moments of madness that would drive me mental, I'd be lying if I said I never said anything bad about him.

I do remember saying he'd be badly missed if not replaced when he left at the end of the season (not that I'm trying to say I told y'all so :smuggy: ) :lol:

Randle P McMurphy

the reason he strolls through games is that he has absolutely no pace. he covers for that most of the time with his positional play and experience

the reason he strolls through games is that he has absolutely no pace. he covers for that most of the time with his positional play and experience

Shame his positional play and experience led to Kello getting injured.... still he's amazing eh?

He was also the reason we snatched a draw at Mordor....

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Webster will always looked disinterested until he becomes interested.

We have two reasonable centre half's that don't really like playing together.

I suspect Webster earns more money, yet Zali is the captain calling the shots and organising the defence. Aye right !!

Both big ego's who have been guilty of trying to hold the club to ransom one way or another.

I'm not really fussed which one of them sits it out but I'm convinced they do not compliment each other or even like each other, which at this level is not great, sadly.

Archived