time to take a seat on the bench zal

quincy adams wagstaff

That's not saying very much.

I don't beleive every goal we've conceeded in the past 4 years was down to Zaliukas.

Nobody is saying he is to blame for every goal we've conceded in the past 4 years.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody is saying he is to blame for every goal we've conceded in the past 4 years.

Slight exaggeration on my point.

But this place is rife with those who're desperate to blame Zaliukas for everything that goes wrong.

Every defender who has ever played has made several errors that have led to a goal.

If you are going to have a go at a particular defender, it is reasonable to ask for for examples.

Nobody has said it's unreasonable.

I just think it's weird because it's obvious when he's been at fault.

Slight exaggeration on my point.

But this place is rife with those who're desperate to blame Zaliukas for everything that goes wrong.

Another exaggeration.

I only ever see Zaliukas being blamed for errors he makes.

Francis Albert

Nobody has said it's unreasonable.

I just think it's weird because it's obvious when he's been at fault.

Sorry, but I can't make any sense of this.

Sorry, but I can't make any sense of this.

You can't ?

Why would someone ask for examples when they are fully aware the player has made individual errors that have led directly to goals ?

What? Rolled when defending a cross? I think we will leave it there.... The Naismith header on opening day is another example of the guy failing to appreciate where the main threat is in a penalty area. Hopeless, absolutely hopeless.

I think you'll find that McGowan losing the ball at the halfway line led to a defensive reshuffle.

No-one covered themselves in glory at that goal, but you wire in when attributing blame to one man.

Some people really don't have a clue :facepalm:

McGowan losing the ball on the halfway line was 2 phases of play BEFORE the ball came into the box. By this time, ZAL was facing his own goal (mistake) and didnt have a clue where Rangers sole striker was and Naismith had the freedom of the penalty box to score. That is why he was ultimately responsible although it was poor play leading up to the goal.

That's just a fabricated lie :laugh:

Papac won the ball, ran 20/30 yards, his first cross hit the Hearts man, it rebounds back to Papac and his 2nd cross is headed in by Naismith.

Good attempt, though.

Another exaggeration.

I only ever see Zaliukas being blamed for errors he makes.

Here's an example of someone who blamed Zaliukas for Rangers goal on the opening day, when he was no more at fault than Jonsson, McGowan or Grainger.

You're welcome.

Francis Albert

You can't ?

Why would someone ask for examples when they are fully aware the player has made individual errors that have led directly to goals ?

Every player who has ever played makes individual errors that lead directly to goals. If you are going to make a big thing about Zal's incompetence, you need to come up with a lot of examples.

Statistically, Hearts teams with Zal at the centre of the defence haven't lost many goals. Presumably in your view because Zal has been supported by exceptional midfielders and defenders. Perhaps you could offer a few examples of these. Bouzid perhaps?

Here's an example of someone who blamed Zaliukas for Rangers goal on the opening day, when he was no more at fault than Jonsson, McGowan or Grainger.

You're welcome.

It was poor defending from a standard cross into the centre of our box.

He didn't follow his man and has to take a fair portion of the blame imo.

IIRC....McGowan gave the ball away, very cheaply, on the half-way line and we had covered that side of the park as they attacked. Sleepy Zal left Naismoth to wander around the box which is not McGowans fault.

Zal is not totally at fault but he is not blameless either.

Every player who has ever played makes individual errors that lead directly to goals. If you are going to make a big thing about Zal's incompetence, you need to come up with a lot of examples.

Statistically, Hearts teams with Zal at the centre of the defence haven't lost many goals. Presumably in your view because Zal has been supported by exceptional midfielders and defenders. Perhaps you could offer a few examples of these. Bouzid perhaps?

I think there are lots of examples but I admit his faults are highlighted more by the mistakes that thankfully don't end up in the back of the net.

There are far more of these.

Francis Albert

I think there are lots of examples but I admit his faults are highlighted more by the mistakes that thankfully don't end up in the back of the net.

There are far more of these.

Well if you are going to make mistakes, those are the ones to make.

Well if you are going to make mistakes, those are the ones to make.

Having a CH who make lots of mistakes in areas that can prove costly isn't ideal imo.

Especially when he's the captain.

Francis Albert

Having a CH who make lots of mistakes in areas that can prove costly isn't ideal imo.

Especially when he's the captain.

So to ask again, how come we lose so few goals with this CH who makes so many mistakes, and we have lost more when he has been absent?

Is Zal just lucky?

So to ask again, how come we lose so few goals with this CH who makes so many mistakes, and we have lost more when he has been absent?

Is Zal just lucky?

?

Because we don't have a better option at the club.

It still doesn't retract from the fact he makes mistakes..........and lot's of them.

Since Zali has signed, please show me these stats, no just a wee purple patch last season when the whole team played well. Please show me the stats.

Since Zali has signed, please show me these stats, no just a wee purple patch last season when the whole team played well. Please show me the stats.

Are you saying that when the team plays well and wins it is a team effort but when we lose a goal or a game you need a scapegoat?

As for stats, read the posts above - it would appear that Zal makes "lots" of mistakes. Is that more than a handful but less than heaps? Is it 5, 10 or 50? The truth is we don't know and the critics do not seem motivated to put the number in context to assist us.

Francis Albert

I did post earlier that in the last three seasons, with Zal at the heart of our defence, we have conceded fewer goals than any non-OF team in 2 out of the 3 (including when we finished 6th) and in the other (last season) the best outside the OF only conceded 2 fewer than us, and that we shipped a dispropostionately high number of goals last season when Zal was absent.

Maybe for a change Zal's critics could either come up with something more than "he's a terrible footballer and a bombscare" type arguments. And as I said explain why the rest of our defence has apparently saved us from the consequences of Zal's constant mistakes and poor defending. Bouzid? Our often makeshift full backs? Or perhaps it's beeen our great holding midfielders.

I did post earlier that in the last three seasons, with Zal at the heart of our defence, we have conceded fewer goals than any non-OF team in 2 out of the 3 (including when we finished 6th) and in the other (last season) the best outside the OF only conceded 2 fewer than us, and that we shipped a dispropostionately high number of goals last season when Zal was absent.

Maybe for a change Zal's critics could either come up with something more than "he's a terrible footballer and a bombscare" type arguments. And as I said explain why the rest of our defence has apparently saved us from the consequences of Zal's constant mistakes and poor defending. Bouzid? Our often makeshift full backs? Or perhaps it's beeen our great holding midfielders.

Probably got more to do with the paucity of chances being created by opposition, especially at Tynie.

Archived