time to take a seat on the bench zal

quincy adams wagstaff

Gregory House M.D.

What? Rolled when defending a cross? I think we will leave it there.... The Naismith header on opening day is another example of the guy failing to appreciate where the main threat is in a penalty area. Hopeless, absolutely hopeless.

Yes, get too tight and the player rolls around you and is free as a bird to wonder around the penalty area until you catch him again. When this happens defenders are forced to grab their man and risk a penalty.

Keep goalside but keep a space between you and your man. You should NOT be all over them. It's basic defending.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gregory House M.D.

So it doesn't matter if they've only seen him play 5 times?

Deary me.

Twist. Agenda. Suit. Words.

Francis Albert

Deary me.

I think in aggregate supporters of other teams will have seen him play more than 5 times.

Deary me.

Deary me.

But if he's costing us so many goals and games, surely the fans of these teams wouldn't be choosing him?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I think in aggregate supporters of other teams will have seen him play more than 5 times.

Deary me.

So fans who see him 4 times a season max are better placed to judge than those who see him 20+ times a season?

Deary me, Franny.

Deary me.

But if he's costing us so many goals and games, surely the fans of these teams wouldn't be choosing him?

He can look great against diddy teams when under no pressure.

When it really matters though he is humpty.

Celtic last January springs to mind. Amateur performance that day.

Gregory House M.D.

So fans who see him 4 times a season max are better placed to judge than those who see him 20+ times a season?

Deary me, Franny.

Deary me.

No, fans who see him 38 times a season.

HTH.

He can look great against diddy teams when under no pressure.

When it really matters though he is humpty.

Celtic last January springs to mind. Amateur performance that day.

The entire team that night were awful.

Kello even cost us the first goal that night.

Francis Albert

Deary me, Franny.

Deary me.

"In aggregate" fans of other teams see him as often as we do.

And maybe are in aggregate a bit less biased.

Just a thought.

Deary me, Ally.

Deary me.

Gregory House M.D.

Fans from every team in the SPL chose him except from Hearts fans. That means fans from ALL 11 TEAMS we play thought Zaliukas played consistently well against their team.

How do you not get this?

"In aggregate" fans of other teams see him as often as we do.

And maybe are in aggregate a bit less biased.

Just a thought.

Deary me, Ally.

Deary me.

What do you mean by biased? He's a Hearts player so surely Hearts fans would be biased towards him.

Complete nonsense, Alby.

I think you'll find that McGowan losing the ball at the halfway line led to a defensive reshuffle.

No-one covered themselves in glory at that goal, but you wire in when attributing blame to one man.

Some people really don't have a clue :facepalm:

McGowan losing the ball on the halfway line was 2 phases of play BEFORE the ball came into the box. By this time, ZAL was facing his own goal (mistake) and didnt have a clue where Rangers sole striker was and Naismith had the freedom of the penalty box to score. That is why he was ultimately responsible although it was poor play leading up to the goal.

Fans from every team in the SPL chose him except from Hearts fans. That means fans from ALL 11 TEAMS we play thought Zaliukas played consistently well against their team.

How do you not get this?

Don't worry, I get it.

How do you not get that other fans see our team 4 times a season so Hearts fans will be better placed to judge?

You are using some poll on P & B to suggest Hearts fans are clueless.

Link to this poll anyway plz.

Gregory House M.D.

What do you mean by biased? He's a Hearts player so surely Hearts fans would be biased towards him.

Complete nonsense, Alby.

Don't talk pish. The Kickback masses love it when Zal fails so they have a scapegoat. He gets blamed for everything on here.

Francis Albert

Complete nonsense, Alby.

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you?

Gregory House M.D.

Don't worry, I get it.

How do you not get that other fans see our team 4 times a season so Hearts fans will be better placed to judge?

You are using some poll on P & B to suggest Hearts fans are clueless.

Link to this poll anyway plz.

It was a thread. I'm not trawling through PnB to satisfy you.

P.s you're still not getting it.

It was a thread. I'm not trawling through PnB to satisfy you.

P.s you're still not getting it.

So you've exaggerated the poll to suit your argument?

Good stuff.

Night.

McGowan losing the ball on the halfway line was 2 phases of play BEFORE the ball came into the box. By this time, ZAL was facing his own goal (mistake) and didnt have a clue where Rangers sole striker was and Naismith had the freedom of the penalty box to score. That is why he was ultimately responsible although it was poor play leading up to the goal.

That's just a fabricated lie :laugh:

Papac won the ball, ran 20/30 yards, his first cross hit the Hearts man, it rebounds back to Papac and his 2nd cross is headed in by Naismith.

Good attempt, though.

Gregory House M.D.

So you've exaggerated the poll to suit your argument?

Good stuff.

Night.

No.

Who do the defensive experts suggest we play? Brad Mckay? Darren Barr? I'd rather not.

A bit harsh to disregard him so easily. Have you ever seen him play? I know for a fact that he's a very solid player, and that he's had discussions with PS about moving to the first team.

Gregory House M.D.

A bit harsh to disregard him so easily. Have you ever seen him play? I know for a fact that he's a very solid player, and that he's had discussions with PS about moving to the first team.

I've heard he's good. I was meaning I don't want him thrown in without so much as a sub appearance. Mind you, we could do worse than having him come in alongside Andy Webster.

What utter nonsense some fans spout.

Last season we were leaking goals at an alarming rate. Zali came back into the team. What happened next?

Did we start shipping more goals?

Did he have bombscare are after bombscare?

Nope!

Clean sheets and an unbeaten run. Did we not lose something like 1 goal in 7 games when Zali came back?

Best pretend that didn't happen and focus on his few mistakes, which may I add, EVERY human being makes from time to time.

Zal is much better than most defenders we could afford.

Diamond is utter shit.

And for me, this is the bottom line.

He's a good player who hasn't played all that well lately, but he wouldn't be alone at all in that if we were going through the underachievers in the squad. Unfortunately for him, he's the captain and therefore the standards that he benchmarks himself against need to be higher than those applied to everyone else. He has been annoying me ever since the home game against Spurs - I felt he really let us down that night as a captain, even if he didn't actually play all that badly when you put things in context. His performances lately have done nothing to make me feel more enamoured either. I don't, however, think it's time to bench him....he's just having a bit of a dip...he'll be back soon enough.

The Real Maroonblood

Big Zal is 10 times the player that ssssssssssssssssnakely ever was.

:verysmug:

That is the biggest load of crap you have ever posted.

:lol: :lol:

Aaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Hahahahahah

Baaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahah

Any more jokes? That was a belter.

:cornette:

:Vlad-Stupid:

At the time I must have been about the only person on here that thought Diamond would be a good signing.

I still think he would have been a good signing.

I was at the game on Sat and he didn't really have a hand in their goal. OK he passed it to Adrian who in turn played a perfectly placed/weighted pass back to our goalie. Macdonald then totally bottled it and slipped, when there was an easy side foot pass to our right back area (might not have been our RB as we were coming back from a corner).

What people conveniently forget is the two or three great blocks/headers he put in in the first half. He then went off injured, having struggled for 5 odd mins with out being able to run.

I think the point is most people (due to human nature) forget about all the good things players do in the game and remember the one mistake that leads to a goal or chance. Know, I hear what people say that the one glaring mistake that leads to the goal is the costly one, but how many blocks etc stop goals....its impossible to say because it never happens, but his contribution is easily over looked.

As I said before he's not flawless, but I can't think of many better options in our price range....but I'm not great at paying attention to opposition defenders.

Zal is no more than decent. In fact, I'm sick of the number of distinctly average players getting wages well in excess of their abilities clogging up our dressing room. Since the manager's chair is a revolving door of the highest order, somebody, and I think we all know who, has to take reponsibility for continuing to pay top dollar for very average players. Frankly, it can't be difficult for the money that we pay to get a few good players. We need more quality and less dross to compliment our young players.

We have a big squad, but that doesn't make it a good squad; it's going to be another long season of mediocrity.

Tynecastle Valhalla

the problem with zal (or i should say the main problem) is that he is really poor at marking.

he doesnt stick to his man and lets them get away from him

part of this is concentration

this costs us lots of goals and other chances.

for people that are asking please name them i wont but it isnt difficult - just watch the last few years with him in defence and in most games he is not only letting his man get away but doesnt follow them at all. even looking at the inverness chance where the boy skies with his head he let him get in.

Francis Albert

What I don't understand is how we have managed with Zal at the heart of our defence to concede fewer goals than any team outside the OF in 2 out of the last three seasons (yes, even when we finished 6th) and only conceded two more than the best outside the OF in the exception, last season. (Indeed last season we conceded a disproprtionate amount of goals in the games Zal missed).

Is our midfield control and/or the rest of our defence so good that it can cope with someone who gives away goals as regularly as some suggest on here?

Zal's not the greastest centre back I've seen but he is a long way from being the worst.

Incidentally the worst examples of a defender losing his man were against St Mirren, where we could easily have been 4-0 down after half an hour because of Andy Webster's lack of concentration.

oh dear get a grip zal is our best cb it was no coincidence that when zal wasnt playing we were losing games and when he came back we went on a run the same happened to bouzid he got called bad yet these were the 2 cb we were playing when we went on our run

Zaliukas not be playing well but he IS our captain. we have to support him!

plus who do we have thats better than him?

mcgowan is horsesh*t, barr hasnt played in ages and jonsson is a cm.

I believe that Zal isnt playing well because he wants a move elsewhere and cant be bothered anymore. But while he is our captain i will support him like i support every player who pulls on aHearts jersey

The Real Maroonblood

I was at the game on Sat and he didn't really have a hand in their goal. OK he passed it to Adrian who in turn played a perfectly placed/weighted pass back to our goalie. Macdonald then totally bottled it and slipped, when there was an easy side foot pass to our right back area (might not have been our RB as we were coming back from a corner).

What people conveniently forget is the two or three great blocks/headers he put in in the first half. He then went off injured, having struggled for 5 odd mins with out being able to run.

I think the point is most people (due to human nature) forget about all the good things players do in the game and remember the one mistake that leads to a goal or chance. Know, I hear what people say that the one glaring mistake that leads to the goal is the costly one, but how many blocks etc stop goals....its impossible to say because it never happens, but his contribution is easily over looked.

As I said before he's not flawless, but I can't think of many better options in our price range....but I'm not great at paying attention to opposition defenders.

How can you say he bottled it?

cant believe the match at Easter Road hasn't been mentioned

Zal switches off in games

Decent centre half nothing more tho

Webby is a much better player

I found it difficult to comprehend how someone could be so totally out of touch with reality and then of course I realised who the poster was and it all made sense - confusing what goes on in your head with the real world must be a worry to your friends and family.

How can you say he bottled it?

Just look at the replay...he had more than enough time, the ball wasn't to hard or bouncing and he could have side footed it out of play to his right or passed it to the right back or punted it long.

'Bottled' might be to strong, but he certainly panicked. In my opinion he had looked nervous all day...in the warm up he fumbled quite a lot of shots/crosses, feel over a few times when warm-up kicking and generally looked a bit on edge. He might have been clam in side but this is not how it looked to me. It should have been a simple clearance.

I bet % wise we have had way more clean sheets in the last 3 years when Zal has played compared to when he hasn't.

Obviously in no way down to him though :whistling:

mahgrassyshoes

Websters passing was pish after Zal was subbed on Saturday. Any defence splitting balls we have played this season have come from Zal. Naismith was playing on the left wing during the first game of this season (i don't think he's ever been the "sole striker" against us). To blame Zal for the goal at the weekend is just ridiculous.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I believe that Zal isnt playing well because he wants a move elsewhere and cant be bothered anymore. But while he is our captain i will support him like i support every player who pulls on aHearts jersey

:what: McGowan's played right back this season and done very well, what's this based on?

The Real Maroonblood

He probably thinks he is still worth ?20,000 a week.

Websters passing was pish after Zal was subbed on Saturday. Any defence splitting balls we have played this season have come from Zal. Naismith was playing on the left wing during the first game of this season (i don't think he's ever been the "sole striker" against us). To blame Zal for the goal at the weekend is just ridiculous.

He is supposed to be a centre back, he should concentrate on learning and perfecting the basics of defending first of all. If we had a player who could defend well and set moves up from the back on a regular basis, he probably wouldnt be playing for us anyway. The guy is playing for the biggest and best club he will ever play for. Any move from here will be into obscurity.

What I don't understand is how we have managed with Zal at the heart of our defence to concede fewer goals than any team outside the OF in 2 out of the last three seasons (yes, even when we finished 6th) and only conceded two more than the best outside the OF in the exception, last season. (Indeed last season we conceded a disproprtionate amount of goals in the games Zal missed).

Is our midfield control and/or the rest of our defence so good that it can cope with someone who gives away goals as regularly as some suggest on here?

Zal's not the greastest centre back I've seen but he is a long way from being the worst.

Incidentally the worst examples of a defender losing his man were against St Mirren, where we could easily have been 4-0 down after half an hour because of Andy Webster's lack of concentration.

Well said but you are in danger of clouding the debate with facts and an objective view of the player's performance.

That is the biggest load of crap you have ever posted.

:lol: :lol:

Aaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Hahahahahah

Baaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahah

Any more jokes? That was a belter.

:cornette:

:Vlad-Stupid:

:lol::lol:

I found it difficult to comprehend how someone could be so totally out of touch with reality and then of course I realised who the poster was and it all made sense - confusing what goes on in your head with the real world must be a worry to your friends and family.

See if any of these posters were ones I had any respect/time for, I'd feel obliged to justify my stance.

As it stands, I don't feel the need.

EDIT: I just noticed that one of the posters is a chap called Teuchterjambo. I reckon the fact I have no idea who he is or have never seen him post before might be a fundamental reason as to why I have no respect/time for him/her.

See if any of these posters were ones I had any respect/time for, I'd feel obliged to justify my stance.

As it stands, I don't feel the need.

EDIT: I just noticed that one of the posters is a chap called Teuchterjambo. I reckon the fact I have no idea who he is or have never seen him post before might be a fundamental reason as to why I have no respect/time for him/her.

Seriously, give up the ghost, you're getting worse by the day.

Archived