time to take a seat on the bench zal

quincy adams wagstaff

Seriously, give up the ghost, you're getting worse by the day.

Here's another.

Sssssssssnakely was not a good footballer, despite what he might have fooled people into thinking.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another.

Sssssssssnakely was not a good footballer, despite what he might have fooled people into thinking.

I have no time for the snake, lets get that right, but by no stretch of the imagination is Zali anywhere near as good as he was. Elvis was a leader in every sense of the word (prior to him destroying all that with his antics) and to even try and compare him to Zali, is a ******* joke. Seriously, I appreciate we differ in opinion, but you must be taking the piss?

I have no time for the snake, lets get that right, but by no stretch of the imagination is Zali anywhere near as good as he was. Elvis was a leader in every sense of the word (prior to him destroying all that with his antics) and to even try and compare him to Zali, is a ******* joke. Seriously, I appreciate we differ in opinion, but you must be taking the piss?

Did I say leader? No.

Did I say footballer? Yes.

Try reading it, yeah?

quincy adams wagstaff

Here's another.

you dont need to be a good footballer to be a good captain,just the right temperment attitude and the the respect of your team mates,whatever you say about elvis he had all that,zal has none.and hes not a good football player.

you dont need to be a good footballer to be a good captain,just the right temperment attitude and the the respect of your team mates,whatever you say about elvis he had all that,zal has none.and hes not a good football player.

:laugh:

Wtf?

How do you expect to gain respect of your team mates if you can't play football?

Did I say leader? No.

Did I say footballer? Yes.

Try reading it, yeah?

Ha ha, I tried to read it again, but it was just complete and utter tom kite from start to finish. Zali is a better footballer than Elvis? Zali is murder, complete and utter shite, no matter what a few on here will say. I have a hate for Elvis, make no mistake about that, but your on the ******* wind up.

Wtf?

How do you expect to gain respect of your team mates if you can't play football?

So how did Elvis manage it in a better team?

Ha ha, I tried to read it again, but it was just complete and utter tom kite from start to finish. Zali is a better footballer than Elvis? Zali is murder, complete and utter shite, no matter what a few on here will say. I have a hate for Elvis, make no mistake about that, but your on the ******* wind up.

If I was on the wind up, I certainly wouldn't call Elvis an inferior footballer to our current captain.

I'd focus more on his personality.

So how did Elvis manage it in a better team?

How many professional football players have respect for Steven Pressley?

How many managers/coaches who played during the years he played have respect for him?

quincy adams wagstaff

Wtf?

i said you dont have to be a good football player,average will do,but if you can motavate and inspire your mates,well that really worth a lot,zal cant or wont,he would not even shake hands when he got subbed on sat,if i was a team mate he woudent inspire me

How many professional football players have respect for Steven Pressley?

How many managers/coaches who played during the years he played have respect for him?

You have to seperate the two people. One version of Elvis is a legend and a respected player, the other, is the one who started the riccarton incident and then proceeded to allow his head to disapear up his erse, thus causing him to be disliked in scottish football. Elvis was respected.

Here's another.

mmm, he kept it quite simple as a good CH should. He could also knock a decent ball into midfield when it was on. But as a whole Zaliukas doesn`t touch Elvis.....Elvis was a winner, such a solid defender, a leader and organiser.....he inspired his team mates and they listened. Elvis didn`t have a good start at Hearts but his mentality was strong and that brought him good in the end......(excluding the riccarton sh te)

The Real Maroonblood

See if any of these posters were ones I had any respect/time for, I'd feel obliged to justify my stance.

As it stands, I don't feel the need.

:verysmug:

EDIT: I just noticed that one of the posters is a chap called Teuchterjambo. I reckon the fact I have no idea who he is or have never seen him post before might be a fundamental reason as to why I have no respect/time for him/her.

:symf:

The Real Maroonblood

mmm, he kept it quite simple as a good CH should. He could also knock a decent ball into midfield when it was on. But as a whole Zaliukas doesn`t touch Elvis.....Elvis was a winner, such a solid defender, a leader and organiser.....he inspired his team mates and they listened. Elvis didn`t have a good start at Hearts but his mentality was strong and that brought him good in the end......(excluding the riccarton sh te)

No 26 couldn't lace his boots.

You nailed it Debut :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

No 26 couldn't lace his boots.

Nice xenophobic comment against our captain. :Vlad-Stupid:

EckSlavouryChops is having a ******* mare.

:lol:

Zal is 10 times the player.

LOL'Z!!!!!!1111!!!!!

The still digging and arguing;

:Vlad-Stupid:

See if any of these posters were ones I had any respect/time for, I'd feel obliged to justify my stance.

As it stands, I don't feel the need.

:verysmug:

EDIT: I just noticed that one of the posters is a chap called Teuchterjambo. I reckon the fact I have no idea who he is or have never seen him post before might be a fundamental reason as to why I have no respect/time for him/her.

Deary me - so if you have no idea who a poster is or have failed to see any previous posts then the basic concept of respect is alien to you. You have confirmed in your comment what I suspected which is that your posts are self opinionated to the extent that you don't really pay much attention to anything that goes against your opinion and offer smart assed comments as put downs rather than engage in reasonable argument. Were it otherwise you would certainly have seen my posts before as I have been on your case for the last couple of days on several occasions responding to your flights of fancy. However I will now cease as you obviously can't get past your self indulgent ego and it is not really worth it. I will leave you to enjoy your idyllic life in the land of make believe.

Deary me - so if you have no idea who a poster is or have failed to see any previous posts then the basic concept of respect is alien to you. You have confirmed in your comment what I suspected which is that your posts are self opinionated to the extent that you don't really pay much attention to anything that goes against your opinion and offer smart assed comments as put downs rather than engage in reasonable argument. Were it otherwise you would certainly have seen my posts before as I have been on your case for the last couple of days on several occasions responding to your flights of fancy. However I will now cease as you obviously can't get past your self indulgent ego and it is not really worth it. I will leave you to enjoy your idyllic life in the land of make believe.

Respect is earned chief, not handed out because you post on a messageboard.

And if I haven't noticed you til now, it's because you've said nothing of any note for me to have noticed you.

And that's not my fault champ, that's yours.

:smuggy:

What wee Eck is really saying is that he can't justify his horrific comment.

So instead, he acts the goat with some brutal patter.

Like I said, he has had a mare. :lol:

Not the first time and certainly won't be the last either.

mahgrassyshoes

He is supposed to be a centre back, he should concentrate on learning and perfecting the basics of defending first of all. If we had a player who could defend well and set moves up from the back on a regular basis, he probably wouldnt be playing for us anyway. The guy is playing for the biggest and best club he will ever play for. Any move from here will be into obscurity.

The same thing could be said for any of our players, but none of them seem to subject to the same level of abuse as Zal. Mrowiec is a midfielder who often hides from the ball and can barely pass it. He loses his man quite frequently yet because he was good during our 12 game run last year he's accepted. If we had a player who could defend well and set moves up from the back on a regular basis, he probably wouldnt be playing for us anyway. The guy is playing for the biggest and best club he will ever play for. Any move from here will be into obscurity. Easy.

As has been said, for the money we have we will do well to get the defender we want that will play Paulo Sergio's game brilliantly. Zal and Webster are about as good as it gets. As i previously stated Websters passing was pretty pish after Zal went off. Zal doesn't deserve the level of abuse he gets.

And if I haven't noticed you til now, it's because you've said nothing of any note for me to have noticed you.

YAWN

Well said sir :thumbsup:

OK - I'll bite.

I am not a serial poster like yourself but have been indulging myself a bit over the last couple of days but based on your posts I am not sure that I would want your respect. I certainly don't post on here to get noticed by you - I post generally when I have something I feel strongly about and I have to say that over the last couple of days I feel quite strongly that you have been talking a load of utter nonsense !

Don't expect nor want your respect so I'll just have to get on without it.

:ermm:

The Real Maroonblood

:blah: :blah: :blah:

:byebye:

Like when?

Earlier in the season against Dundee United, when he totally left his player (Daly was it?) for a free header. He was in no mans land.

There is another recent one that springs to mind.

The Real Maroonblood

Earlier in the season against Dundee United, when he totally left his player (Daly was it?) for a free header. He was in no mans land.

The bottom line is he is crap but he thinks he is good.

Ok, can you name me 5 more games he has cost us.

Apparently there have been loads.

Remember when Zal tried to clear the ball, which got no further than his own face before leading to a goal for Motherwell ?

I do.

mahgrassyshoes

that is the one that sticks in my head,once is a silly mistake but it happens too often :verymad:

Remember when Zal tried to clear the ball, which got no further than his own face before leading to a goal for Motherwell ?

I do.

Both of these have come from Zal trying to play football from the back. The Celtic one he was looking for a pass, nothing was available, he got caught out. The Motherwell game he opted to try and keep the ball in play rather than just hoof it into the stand. There are people on this board complaining we aren't playing football and others chastising players for trying to. I'm not saying Zal's the greatest passer of the ball, but he tries and would be helped out no end by a bit of movement in front of him. I've said this before, he's the only player in our team who has played more than one defence splitting pass this season. In fact the only other player I can think of is Temps, and that was once vs Rangers.

Remember when Zal was being kept out of the team and we conceeded 4 goals to First Division Falkirk?

I do.

Remember when Zal was being kept out of the team and we conceeded 4 goals to First Division Falkirk?

I do.

I also recall us being down to 10 men after 30 minutes.

Btw...

There is no doubt Zaliukas had a great spell when he was reintroduced to the team and I think you'd struggle to find many who would disagree with that.

I honestly can't recall you blaming Zaliukas for a single goal Hearts have conceded and you constantly ask for examples of where he was at fault.

I also recall us being down to 10 men after 30 minutes.

Btw...

There is no doubt Zaliukas had a great spell when he was reintroduced to the team and I think you'd struggle to find many who would disagree with that.

I honestly can't recall you blaming Zaliukas for a single goal Hearts have conceded and you constantly ask for examples of where he was at fault.

When Hearts conceed a goal, I don't immediately start looking for someone to blame.

I don't buy into the notion that Match Of The Day peddle, that every goal scored is because of poor defending.

When Hearts conceed a goal, I don't immediately start looking for someone to blame.

I don't buy into the notion that Match Of The Day peddle, that every goal scored is because of poor defending.

You don't have to blame them immediately.

But you also don't have to pretend Zaliukas doesn't or hasn't made individual errors that have cost goals.

You don't have to blame them immediately.

But you also don't have to pretend Zaliukas doesn't or hasn't made individual errors that have cost goals.

Everyone makes errors that cost Hearts goals.

I just don't get my knickers in a twist about it.

Everyone makes errors that cost Hearts goals.

I just don't get my knickers in a twist about it.

So you do at least acknowledge he has made several errors that have led directly to a goal.

That being the case I don't get why you always ask for examples.

Whats the point in that ?

So you do at least acknowledge he has made several errors that have led directly to a goal.

Because I'd like people to back up the myth that he's a total bombscare that costs us goals and games all the time.

Webster has cost us on more than one occasion, but doesn't get anywhere near the hysteria that Zal does.

Honestly, some people seem to be delighted to see him fail, it beggars belief.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Quite an odd comment.

If a great goal is scored the pundits on Match of the Day don't blame the defence.

Although Hansen and Dixon were top class defenders so I'd guess they ken when a player is at fault.

Quite an odd comment.

If a great goal is scored the pundits on Match of the Day don't blame the defence.

Although Hansen and Dixon were top class defenders so I'd guess they ken when a player is at fault.

If someone scores an utter raker from 30 yards, I agree. They do hand out the credit where it's due.

However they do spend a lot of time talking about and criticising defenders instead of admitting it might have been clever play that dragged a centre half out of position.

Because I'd like people to back up the myth that he's a total bombscare that costs us goals and games all the time.

Webster has cost us on more than one occasion, but doesn't get anywhere near the hysteria that Zal does.

Honestly, some people seem to be delighted to see him fail, it beggars belief.

It's not a myth that he has cost us goals through several individual errors.

There are several examples throughout this thread.

It's not a myth that he has cost us goals through several individual errors.

There are several examples throughout this thread.

He hasn't cost us as many goals as some people would have you believe.

If someone scores an utter raker from 30 yards, I agree. They do hand out the credit where it's due.

However they do spend a lot of time talking about and criticising defenders instead of admitting it might have been clever play that dragged a centre half out of position.

They also spend a lot of time talking about how defenders don't track the man they are supposed to be marking, bad passes out of defence, and rash challenges in the box.

Kicking the ball off your own face is rarely mentioned though.

He hasn't cost us as many goals as some people would have you believe.

But he has cost us more than you would lead us to believe.

But he has cost us more than you would lead us to believe.

That's not saying very much.

I don't beleive every goal we've conceeded in the past 4 years was down to Zaliukas.

Francis Albert

Every defender who has ever played has made several errors that have led to a goal.

If you are going to have a go at a particular defender, it is reasonable to ask for for examples.

Archived