He needs to bulk up.

Like that Lionel Messi.

He's a freakin beast. :o

Compared to Temps he is, yes.

e8160810-lionel-messi-ramey-credit-496x600.jpg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folk laughing at suso after the goals he scored in 09/10 and a great run of form last season. The wee guy has more heart and fight than half the players at the club.

What a bunch of strokers.

He was loaned out a few times (Spurs signed him when he was really young), a few clubs tried to get him in the summer again but Spurs want to keep a hold of him.

I know he ain't know Lee Dixon, but its not like he was some 16 year old kid playing his first game. He is a very very decent player. I'm pretty sure that the clubs he was at on loan, he was winning POTY hands down.

Might be wrong.

Don't disagree but the point was about Drivers ability rather than Walkers. Loads of full backs in the EPL at Walkers level and plenty more at a higher level. At this moment in time as a winger Driver can not cope with the pace or power these guys have.

Don't disagree but the point was about Drivers ability rather than Walkers. Loads of full backs in the EPL at Walkers level and plenty more at a higher level. At this moment in time as a winger Driver can not cope with the pace or power these guys have.

Ah right!

TBH Dazo, and I know some players done better than others on Thursday, but I have found it hard to be heavy on being critical as I cant see one player in our side that will go on to play at that level week in week out.

Sure there was things we could have done better on the night, but we were outclassed from the first minute to the last. Spurs had several gears in the second half they could have went in to.

Harsh and horrible night. A serious reality check for some.

The Old Tolbooth

Suso is our best winger, though.

I get shot down when I say that, but he's by far our best winger in my book.

My take on our two wingers on Thurs night was this:

Temps - gave the ball away every single time he had it - almost without exception. His inability to run properly was so apparent in comparison to Walker and his decision making was poor, repeatedly. He said in pre-season that he 'doesn't like running', I would suggest if he wants to go to the top of the game he had better learn to run properly and like it as much as he can.

Driver - got onto a few second balls in the first half (making him about our only player to do so) and retained possession most of the time he had it. In the second half he skinned Van der Vaart and Ekotto and from my almost front row seat was giving Ekotto something to think about before being subbed (including the cheeky wee back heel which was about our only piece of proper skill all night). When Driver came off Ekotto was much more involved in their build up.

IMO Driver, Skacel and Obua were the only three who appeared to have the technical ability not to have the ball simply take off of them at will by the spurs players. It's all about opinions but thats the way I saw it.

We absolutely must put things into perspective though. If your opponent is quicker, stronger has a better touch than you and has better passing and vision then u r in for a tough shift. This was true for every one of our players. Spurs could sign our squad and buy our whole club twice each transfer window without taking too much of a hit to their resources. I thought we might have made a game of it on Thurs but after about 60 secs it was clear we had zero chance as it was a mis-match the likes of which I haven't seen in 25 years of going to Tynie.

Tommy Wiseau

Temps - gave the ball away every single time he had it - almost without exception. His inability to run properly was so apparent in comparison to Walker and his decision making was poor, repeatedly. He said in pre-season that he 'doesn't like running', I would suggest if he wants to go to the top of the game he had better learn to run properly and like it as much as he can.

Driver - got onto a few second balls in the first half (making him about our only player to do so) and retained possession most of the time he had it. In the second half he skinned Van der Vaart and Ekotto and from my almost front row seat was giving Ekotto something to think about before being subbed (including the cheeky wee back heel which was about our only piece of proper skill all night). When Driver came off Ekotto was much more involved in their build up.

IMO Driver, Skacel and Obua were the only three who appeared to have the technical ability not to have the ball simply take off of them at will by the spurs players. It's all about opinions but thats the way I saw it.

We absolutely must put things into perspective though. If your opponent is quicker, stronger has a better touch than you and has better passing and vision then u r in for a tough shift. This was true for every one of our players. Spurs could sign our squad and buy our whole club twice each transfer window without taking too much of a hit to their resources. I thought we might have made a game of it on Thurs but after about 60 secs it was clear we had zero chance as it was a mis-match the likes of which I haven't seen in 25 years of going to Tynie.

Completely agree. I think that Driver showed, despite being unfit and lacking sharpness, that he has more raw quality than any other player at the club, Skacel aside. Obua was the one player who found space, looked for the ball and had the composure to find another Hearts player without it being a hospital pass.

Templeton looked very much a player who is playing at the highest level he is capable of the other night. Until his decision making and his physical condition improves beyond recognition, that's the way it will stay as well.

winston churchill

I get shot down when I say that, but he's by far our best winger in my book.

So if kickbacks self appointed football experts value Temps&

Driver at ?5 million :lol:.

How much do you think the wee diving headless chicken is worth.

Suso is our best winger, though.

What a lot of people fail to realise that Suso being injured was the prime reason why Temps started against Hibs in November.

Suso was keeping Temps out of the team and not one person was complaining.

Chris Benoit

:spoton:

Please post more adso :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

At least ?20M :whistling:

Seriously though, Suso is more effective at hurting teams than any other winger we have at the club, he just gets stuck in and gets on with it, although I agree that his temperament is suspect at times and he does go down easily, but then if he played for the Old Firm, he would get applauded for it, just like Naismith does. (and he's nowhere near as big a diver as him)

A lot of spl players would attract next to nothing in the transfer market. That doesn't mean they are not good players at spl level. So what is your point?

What leaves me speechless is the way our OWN fans get ripped into 3 players with ability that is becoming rarer in our division, or country for that matter.

Suso, Driver and Templeton. They have their faults ffs but they give so much positivity with their style. Im glad they are at our club and not anyone elses in the SPL....over a season they`ll prove their worth and keep Hearts at the right end of the table..

We all want better in general if we are going to compare with Spurs(which is ludicrous) but its going to be a long process to get anywhere near the next level....if we ever get there...

Sometimes many fans don`t realise what they`ve got until it`s gone, but im glad many can see it now.

Yes, they were able to retain posession of the ball but Hamill and Grainger tried to play the game also. Don't know what the rest were doing, Temp's was in a wee world of his own trying to beat them all himself and giving the ball away.

Hopefully Suso is available soon, as he is a better player than Temps.

Can't wait till he's back in the squad.

Thunderstruck

Yes, they were able to retain posession of the ball but Hamill and Grainger tried to play the game also. Don't know what the rest were doing, Temp's was in a wee world of his own trying to beat them all himself and giving the ball away.

I bit the bullet and watched the recording of the game and perfect example of Temps skill came at the start of the second half when he picked the ball up at the half way line, skipped past a couple of players and got into the box. Unfortunately, it also showed what he needs to work on - looking for someone in his own team. If he had looked up, he would have seen three players had been drawn to him and that Stevenson was unmarked at the other side of the penalty box. That is something that should have been coached into him by now.

At least ?20M :whistling:

Seriously though, Suso is more effective at hurting teams than any other winger we have at the club, he just gets stuck in and gets on with it, although I agree that his temperament is suspect at times and he does go down easily, but then if he played for the Old Firm, he would get applauded for it, just like Naismith does. (and he's nowhere near as big a diver as him)

Fully agree. It is amazing how many people praise Suso when he is playing for us week in week out, but as soon as he's out injured they revert back to the 'headless chicken' or 'Spanish waiter' nonsense. Suso is by a distance the most effective winger we have currently. Driver may get back to that level, but Temps will never be as direct.

Archived