David Templeton

jamborich

Gregory House M.D.

Sensible post Coco. Clearly Temps has shagged (un)happy graham weir's bird and he's bitter. Another talentless keyboard hardman.

:sob: "keyboard hardman"? Outside of 10 games, Templetons been absolutely pish.

Of course, telling the truth and not crawling up Kickbacks collective arse to praise the ?5m Sooperstar, makes me a "talentless keyboard hardman".

Your patters second hand and rancid :thumbsup:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One trick pony who was found out months ago. He will have the odd good game and score the odd cracker but Hearts will be the biggest club he plays for.

Driver on the other hand, when fully and if he remains fit, will go on to much bigger things.

Yeah i agree 100% about temps you would think he would be trying different things in training to get better.

Seymour M Hersh

:sob: "keyboard hardman"? Outside of 10 games, Templetons been absolutely pish.

Of course, telling the truth and not crawling up Kickbacks collective arse to praise the ?5m Sooperstar, makes me a "talentless keyboard hardman".

Your patters second hand and rancid :thumbsup:

Glad you don't get it tumshie. Do you think you're like that erse Adrian Durham on talkshite by being as controversial as you can. :woot:

Gregory House M.D.

Glad you don't get it tumshie. Do you think you're like that erse Adrian Durham on talkshite by being as controversial as you can. :woot:

No, it's called the Truth. It hurts sometimes. It can make you lash out at others with petty names that you don't even use in the right context.

Dry your eyes.

HGW x

Temps is still young but the lad needs to pick up his performances if he wants to stay in the first team.

Maybe we expect a bit to much from him after his performances at the start of last season but he has been rank rotten of late.

No, it's called the Truth. It hurts sometimes. It can make you lash out at others with petty names that you don't even use in the right context.

Dry your eyes.

HGW x

You're really goin all out for the "worst poster on the board" title eh!

Gregory House M.D.

You're really goin all out for the "worst poster on the board" title eh!

Gladly take it if it's for not being a blinkered bore who's happy for mediocre players picking up a starting jersey for heehaw ahead of bright young players. :thumbsup:

If it was Black, Webster, Obua, Novikovas, Zaliukas, Mroweic, Jonsson or Suso playing to Templeton's shoddy standards, you'd be quite rightly calling for their jersey. It's not though, it's kickbacks ?5m sweetheart, so he can play however he pleases.

Gladly take it if it's for not being a blinkered bore who's happy for mediocre players picking up a starting jersey for heehaw ahead of bright young players. :thumbsup:

If it was Black, Webster, Obua, Novikovas, Zaliukas, Mroweic, Jonsson or Suso playing to Templeton's shoddy standards, you'd be quite rightly calling for their jersey. It's not though, it's kickbacks ?5m sweetheart, so he can play however he pleases.

what a crock of shite.....If you can`t see Templeton was one of very few players to actually go past people last night then you are just being stubborn. But wait, he got tackled? He was only up against a standard he`d never been against before and like other Hearts players, was finding out a few things about their own game....

If you want Templeton to leave or not play again for Hearts then all the best to ye for wanting semi decent talent, by scottish standards, to desert Tynecastle........sometimes you don`t know what you have until its gone right enough.

that bit ive highlighted is funny seein as thats all your being, that second bit ive highlighted is just as funny, tell me that aging journey man templeton, which bright young players place has he been takin?

Dont think you seem to grasp the concept that you have to take the inconsistencies some time to allow the player with genuine talent to iron out the flaws.

but bash on if it makes you feel big and clever.

Templeton would have to seriously look at his build if he had any plans on making it down south. Taking that aside though, im not sure if he has the ability. He is like many youngsters who come on the scene, has a handful of very good games, then when everybody starts firing utterly ridiculous price tags on them, they fade away. The really good ones come back though, only time will tell.

In a universe of shite posts this one stands out like a ******* black hole. Absolute and utter shite.

Got to agree with this. The thread about Kello though takes the biscuit.

Gregory House M.D.

that bit ive highlighted is funny seein as thats all your being, that second bit ive highlighted is just as funny, tell me that aging journey man templeton, which bright young players place has he been takin?

Dont think you seem to grasp the concept that you have to take the inconsistencies some time to allow the player with genuine talent to iron out the flaws.

but bash on if it makes you feel big and clever.

Novikovas. More accurate, more skill, better passer, better crosser and hits the line. Jumps out of challenges sometimes, but i reckon he'll be a far bigger player than Templeton in the future. Temps has found his level.

Temps has been consistently pish for 7 months. Nothing inconsistent about it.

Hope this helps.

peebles jambo

Thought he looked good in the second half

actually thought he was pants, fail to see why he lasted the whole game, he couldn't have beat an egg last night,

cumbernauldjambo83

Everthing in time! He'll get there physically.

As much as it pains me to say, best comparison to make would be aiden mcgeady, always had the ability and skill to progress for years, but his physicality let him down bigtime. Forward to the 2009-10 season, he upper body mass was solid. Now his combined ability and added physical strength allow him to hold down a position playing at a high level with Spartak. Named by the Russian FA, as the best right winger in the league, nae bad for a not so long ago skinny scottish laddie...erm..sorry I mean Irish! :down:

Gregory House M.D.

Everthing in time! He'll get there physically.

As much as it pains me to say, best comparison to make would be aiden mcgeady, always had the ability and skill to progress for years, but his physicality let him down bigtime. Forward to the 2009-10 season, he upper body mass was solid. Now his combined ability and added physical strength allow him to hold down a position playing at a high level with Spartak. Named by the Russian FA, as the best right winger in the league, nae bad for a not so long ago skinny scottish laddie...erm..sorry I mean Irish! :down:

Supposedly a few dieticians disagree. Temps allegedly struggles to gain muscle/weight.

Temps has talent but needs to learn how to use it. He plays as though he is on the school playground. Feign, cut-in and try to outpace the opposition. Lately Spurs plus other teams have shown him the limits to his technique. If he can adapt and learn to play like Bale then he will go far otherwise it may be East Fife!

Hoping for better things

Blindheart

Thunderstruck

I am intrigued by the "he's good, give him time" attitude that has taken over Kickback.

I am sure Ryan McGowan, as an example, is equally puzzled as he had one very good game and a couple of average games and suddenly he's "not up to scratch" or "get rid".

God forbid any non-Scottish player gets brought in because they will have 15 mins tops before judgement is passed.

He needs to work on his 1v1s in training. Drop the shoulder more, he's too upright. Try some stepovers.

I'm sure he has it in him.

Oh and after last night spend some time in the gym!

Novikovas. More accurate, more skill, better passer, better crosser and hits the line. Jumps out of challenges sometimes, but i reckon he'll be a far bigger player than Templeton in the future. Temps has found his level.

Hope this helps.

not really but it does further add to the incredible thick dossier of thick stuff you've amassed, thanks for playing.

He's played what five times, mostly sub, and you conclude that do you? Im not slatin Novi either he'll need game time and patience aswell, but you pal you take the biscuit.

i thought he done ok, start of second half he was flying weaving and bobbing, but yes too light and gets knocked off ball very easily, needs to hit the weights, i have faith and think he will come good this season,

no point getting on players backs in august ffs, give them support throughout folks

Gregory House M.D.

not really but it does further add to the incredible thick dossier of thick stuff you've amassed, thanks for playing.

He's played what five times, mostly sub, and you conclude that do you? Im not slatin Novi either he'll need game time and patience aswell, but you pal you take the biscuit.

Feeno, you're boring me. I really, genuinely don't care whether you agree with me :lol:

Last night went a long way to show that he is nowhere near being ready to step up a level.

Perhaps dropping him is the best course for now.

There are plenty players in the premiership who would be out-muscled and out-classed by players like those we seen last night. Just look at some of the players who've crossed the border in recent years: McCarthy, Maloney, Fletcher, Ferguson, Hutton.

Libertonian_II

Last night went a long way to show that he is nowhere near being ready to step up a level.

Perhaps dropping him is the best course for now.

First name on the team sheet for me after Kello. Most skillful player I've seen at Tynie for many a year.

Who should we put in his place?

First name on the team sheet for me after Kello. Most skillful player I've seen at Tynie for many a year.

Novikovas

Gregory House M.D.

Novikovas. The most skillful player at the club. :thumbsup:

Feeno, you're boring me. I really, genuinely don't care whether you agree with me :lol:

im happy pointing out how stupid your arguments are, thanks pal.

Suso.

I have to say, you can't have been paying much attention if he's the most skillful player you've seen at Tynecastle for so long, I wouldn't even say he's the most skillful player at the club just now.

Templeton was embarassing TBH. We rant and rave about a great winger. All I seen tonight was a pathetic, diving, moaning bitch. He's wore my patience thin and now i'm just sick of the sight of him to be horribly frank.

If you want to see that level of football you are referring too, go and watch one of the top English Premiership teams, as you'll very rarely see 'Great Wingers' in the SPL based on your description. But then, even the top players can be pathetic, diving, moaning bitches.

Jam Tarts 1874

Hope this helps.

That is just plainly untrue. So far this season he has had a very good 45 minutes against Rangers and a good game against Paks. He has set up goals consistantly and continues to be a threat in every game he plays and the FACT is that he was the only Hearts player to get anywhere near goal on Thursday. He needs some proper coaching to progress, but to say he is pish is downright stupid and merely high-lights your lack of knowledge.

Novikovas

Novikovas. The most skillful player at the club. :thumbsup:

Played last week at the same time as Templeton. Novikovas scored one and Templeton set up another. Maybe playing both works...

Suso.

I don't think we will see Suso in a Hearts shirt again, buddy.

The Old Tolbooth

Big lesson for Templeton last night.

He did very well to initially get past the defenders ... numerous times ... and in the SPL he would have been away in the clear.

But the pace and power of the Spurs defenders meant that they had recovered before he was away and were able to jockey him off the ball. I thought that he was one of the players to have a go at Spurs but he has to develop more of a passing game and hopefully last night will help.

A gem of a post after trawling through some utter pish on here, I'd rather have 11 players with the commitment that Temps has, then some of the chicken hearted impostors that we currently have, or have had over the years.

Temps is still learning his trade, he's at a very young age and has a lot to learn, if anyone expected him to rip Spurs a new hole then they're seriously misguided, he's nowhere near the class of their players, it was never going to happen. We don't have one single player who could have troubled Spurs on Thursday night, and the one decent nutmeg Driver produced took a deflection and he got a bit lucky with it, yet people thought he meant it. I know Driver is only 70% fit just now and with a bit of luck he'll come back again, but how long have we been saying this?

I can't wait until Suso is fit again as he can take the heat off Temps a bit because defenders will double up on him at times too, leaving more room for Temps, teams have become used to his style and either mark him out of the game, or boot him off the park, he needs to learn to cope with that better, but I'm sure it will come as he's a tough little bugger.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Temps is still learning his trade, he's at a very young age and has a lot to learn, if anyone expected him to rip Spurs a new hole then they're seriously misguided, he's nowhere near the class of their players, it was never going to happen. We don't have one single player who could have troubled Spurs on Thursday night, and the one decent nutmeg Driver produced took a deflection and he got a bit lucky with it, yet people thought he meant it. I know Driver is only 70% fit just now and with a bit of luck he'll come back again, but how long have we been saying this?

So you defend Templeton who has been pish by anyones standards for the best part of half a year and have a go at Driver who has contributed more this season despite being half fit? He was our only player on Thursday who looked remotely capable with coping at that level.

Chris Benoit

So you defend Templeton who has been pish by anyones standards for the best part of half a year and have a go at Driver who has contributed more this season despite being half fit? He was our only player on Thursday who looked remotely capable with coping at that level.

Malky said the same thing to me on Thursday night and I'd tend to agree with both of you. If Stevo had more pace I'd add him but as it is he's SPL class and no more.

The Old Tolbooth

Like I said, Driver has it all to prove again, personally I didn't think Driver had a very good game against Spurs and the one move that came off for him in the second half he got lucky with a deflection, or he would have been skinned. I can make allowances for Driver not being fully match fit though, and I really hope to god we get the old Driver back as he was a star, his level of form shown before was better than anything Temps has shown.

I didn't think Temps was bad at all against Spurs and he tried hard, there's not much you can do against a side like that though when the rest of your team are being completely outclassed and the service is almost non existent, but there's no doubting the lads commitment, he gets stuck in, he still gives defences a nightmare and they know this by doubling up on him and booting lumps out of him, he gets little protection too, if he played for one of the Old Firm however........

Driver done absolutely nothing on Thursday night to suggest he can play at that level. Done plenty in the past right enough but to suggest he can play at the same level as Spurs based on Thursday night is pretty laughable. teehee.gif

Driver was dead on his feet when he came off (he had to take him off) , but I thought he has just had his best 10 mins in the game. There was little signs that he was starting to get that confidence back. Delighted for him.

As for Temps...

I'm not going to beat him up too much when playing against a really top class European side. If he has any aspirations of moving on to bigger and better things than Hearts, he will have taken note of a few things during the 90 minutes and will know that he has work on and off the park to do.

That full back Walker is one fast and strong mofo. Thing is though, there are a shed load of them down in the Premier League.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Driver done absolutely nothing on Thursday night to suggest he can play at that level. Done plenty in the past right enough but to suggest he can play at the same level as Spurs based on Thursday night is pretty laughable. teehee.gif

You'd have to be pretty thick to take that from what I said.

Playing at the same level as Spurs - not the same as 'remotely capabale of coping at that level' i.e coping in the Premiership. Even then there were only tiny signs.

Temp's ran into their players quite a lot, as he does. He never fell over so much though. He needs to pass the ball instead of running into defenders and losing it then looking for a foul.

Driver was willing to stand up to them and play football.

You'd have to be pretty thick to take that from what I said.

Playing at the same level as Spurs - not the same as 'remotely capabale of coping at that level' i.e coping in the Premiership. Even then there were only tiny signs.

You would have to be pretty thick to think Driver can cope in the premiership based on Thursday night. So he can't cope with Spurs 2nd choice full backs but he can cope with playing in the premiership ?

07.png

You would have to be pretty thick to think Driver can cope in the premiership based on Thursday night. So he can't cope with Spurs 2nd choice full backs but he can cope with playing in the premiership ?

07.png

TBF Dazo, Walker is expected to kick on this year and be the first choice full back on the right. Hard shift for whoever was going to play against him.

TBF Dazo, Walker is expected to kick on this year and be the first choice full back on the right. Hard shift for whoever was going to play against him.

Pretty sure he was expected to kick on before but he has been sent out on loan so many times. Did they not spend about ?4-5m for him 2 or 3 years ago ? Not saying he is a bad player but so far he was deemed not good enough for the premiership with spurs. If the likes of walker are struggling to get into the team I think it shows even more how hard it would be for Driver to make an impact at the level.

Pretty sure he was expected to kick on before but he has been sent out on loan so many times. Did they not spend about ?4-5m for him 2 or 3 years ago ? Not saying he is a bad player but so far he was deemed not good enough for the premiership with spurs.

He was loaned out a few times (Spurs signed him when he was really young), a few clubs tried to get him in the summer again but Spurs want to keep a hold of him.

I know he ain't know Lee Dixon, but its not like he was some 16 year old kid playing his first game. He is a very very decent player. I'm pretty sure that the clubs he was at on loan, he was winning POTY hands down.

Might be wrong.

Not convinced "Bulking up" is the answer for Temps. A wee bit upper body strength is useful but even more useful would be to recognise that a bit more passing and moving would obviate the need for it. It was noticeable how much quicker Spurs moved the ball on. That is not to say that when the time was right that Lennon etc could not run with the ball very effectively, but they do that after they have established the ability to move it on. This means defenders are reluctant to dive in so give the space for him to stand them up and get at them. Because it is obvious that 90% of the time Temps will try to run with it, defenders can get really close to him, bump and barge him and generally put him off his stride. Temps strength is his skill, quick feet and a decent shot. He needs to add bringing in team mates and a bit more positional awareness to become a more complete player. The ability to develop your weaker areas is one of the things that separates the top players from the journeymen.

Pretty sure he was expected to kick on before but he has been sent out on loan so many times. Did they not spend about ?4-5m for him 2 or 3 years ago ? Not saying he is a bad player but so far he was deemed not good enough for the premiership with spurs. If the likes of walker are struggling to get into the team I think it shows even more how hard it would be for Driver to make an impact at the level.

Pretty sure he was a regular for villa in the premier league last season and was called up to the England squad.

Archived